PDA

View Full Version : Low-level Wizard advice

argamath
01-10-2022, 01:59 PM
Hello. I am Maltheis, High Elf Wizard. I am currently level 12. I have gear that I have found on kills and merchants for cheap.

What items would be easy to attain or cheap to purchase that would help out a low level wizard?

What hunting areas are recommended?

Thank you!

Tann
01-10-2022, 03:02 PM
I believe hanging out in EC/WC killing any willowisps you find is a decent option for starting plat. Or if you're still in Faydark perhaps killing stuff in Crushbone to get belts and lego pads, I believe those still sell to other players.

not to peddle my own forum post(s) but if you don't mind the journey you'd be a good level to do rabid grizzly quest in Qeynos Hills (see sig for questing in Qeynos), 6min outdoor timer with 100% drop of a quest item you can load up your bags on, almost 4pp per turn in and a lot of exp. They can drop grizzly bear skin also which sells for 20-40pp to tailors or those doing the WC port cap quest.

Jimjam
01-10-2022, 03:11 PM
Get a cheap lost staff of the scorned and hit things.

Ravager
01-11-2022, 09:10 AM
Wisps to 17. Nektulos Guards to 22ish. Gargoyles in OOT to 26ish. Woolly Mammoths in Everfrost to 31ish. SK Gnolls to 37ish. All are cash mobs that drop things that vendor for plat. By the time you get to 31 if you do those things and are very thrifty with your plat, you'll be able to afford JBoots MQ and make it easy to quad to 60. Around that time you'll be able to quest a Flux Staff too, which is indispensable for quadding.

But really, I'd use the plat for spells and save the rest for JBoots. The only other thing I'd say maybe get before JBoots is some 5/55 rings so you die less.

Aueamin
01-11-2022, 11:05 AM
I agree with Tann, but do the rabid wolf quest. There are 2 spawns and the exp is great all the way till around 25.

Aueamin
01-11-2022, 11:07 AM
It is called the rabid wolf quest look it up.