PDA

View Full Version : Shadowed Book question for the Words of Darkness quest

Vaarsuvius
12-31-2021, 07:22 AM
Hello,

I'm doing the Words of Darkness quest for a baby necro that hit 20 recently.

Got the book in Lake Rathe after 4 or 5 kills,
Got the one from Permafrost after 1 PH & 1 named (very lucky of me, I'm aware), and I thought getting a shadowed book and finishing the quest would be a piece of cake. Or not

After killing 160ish Shadowed Men in Lavastorm and getting lots of almost every possible drop, I have not seen a single book drop (vial of shadow hasn't dropped either BTW)

Anyone has done that quest recently and can confirm the book still drops ?

Thanks for any feedback

New_Guy
12-31-2021, 10:41 AM
Hello,

I'm doing the Words of Darkness quest for a baby necro that hit 20 recently.

Got the book in Lake Rathe after 4 or 5 kills,
Got the one from Permafrost after 1 PH & 1 named (very lucky of me, I'm aware), and I thought getting a shadowed book and finishing the quest would be a piece of cake. Or not

After killing 160ish Shadowed Men in Lavastorm and getting lots of almost every possible drop, I have not seen a single book drop (vial of shadow hasn't dropped either BTW)

Anyone has done that quest recently and can confirm the book still drops ?

Thanks for any feedback

The LS one's droprate is crap, go to west commonlands, drops much more frequently.

Worry
01-02-2022, 12:44 AM
It took around 200 shadowed men to get it for mine. Got it in Innothule Swamp. Just an awful drop rate because the loot table is so large. And I definitely saw every other primary slot drop multiple times before I got the book.

whydothis
01-04-2022, 01:52 AM
Try SK shadowed men if you haven't got it yet. Some shadowed men camps seem way more likely to drop certain items than others. I made the mistake of doing Innothule Swamp first and that was brutal. Saw tons of shadowed rapier there at least.

Vaarsuvius
01-05-2022, 02:49 AM
Thanks for everyone's feedback and suggestions.

I went to WC and I managed to get a book after killing about 40 or so Shadowed Men.

-> Happy baby necro :)