PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Rogue weapons

dmgoforth
12-02-2021, 01:30 PM
Currently a level 11 rogue hanging out in blackburrow killing Gnolls for their teeth. I'm poking them with a rusty rapier currently. Not sure if the mobs are dying to damage or tetanus. Do I have any options for a better mainhand while I'm leveling up?

Ananka
12-03-2021, 04:50 AM
Check the venders for bronze weapons, you can buy them for a few plat or kill bandits in WK and get the bronze weapons yourself. You can turn bandit sashes into the NPC right outside the Qeynos paladin guild to get even more bronze weapons :) That's a great money maker for the low teens and you'll be buying a great weapon at a cheap price soon enough at the EC tunnel.

Freakish
12-03-2021, 06:48 AM
There are no better weapons until you hit 60 and start raiding ntov. Focus on making your fashion quest look good and joining a raid guild.

dmgoforth
12-03-2021, 02:03 PM
There are no better weapons until you hit 60 and start raiding ntov. Focus on making your fashion quest look good and joining a raid guild.

I'm a shirtless barbarian with unusually large areolas. My fashion quest has already been conquered.

darkreap
12-03-2021, 02:22 PM
Can get a Dragoon Dirk from someone in WC pretty easy if you ask someone to kill the DE SK that roams around there. Magic weapon and a better ratio than what you're using.

Imago
12-03-2021, 04:45 PM
I would imagine Serrated Bone Dirks are quite cheap, as the proc makes them unsuitable for group play.

Master Roshi
12-04-2021, 11:32 PM
Rapier of Orin (sp) and a Crystalline Sword Sword will last you a long time till epic

Graahle
12-06-2021, 07:12 PM
What server? If Blue then Master_Roshi's suggestion is excellent.

If Green then I hope you have a casual 10k plat laying around.

Samoht
12-06-2021, 07:48 PM
Try to get a Frozen Shard (https://wiki.project1999.com/Frozen_Shard). Easily best bang for your buck. Gotta replace it at level 44 tho as the proc is an aggro magnet. You should have epic by then :P

Stonewallx39
12-07-2021, 12:43 PM
Try to get a Frozen Shard (https://wiki.project1999.com/Frozen_Shard). Easily best bang for your buck. Gotta replace it at level 44 tho as the proc is an aggro magnet. You should have epic by then :P

Giant snake fang drops of, you guessed it, giant snakes in black burrow. After that, grind plat killing bandits in west karana and turning in sashes. Sell bronze weapons, you should have enough play (say 30-50) to head to east common lands and do some tunnelquesting until you find a good upgrade.

Toxigen
12-07-2021, 02:26 PM
i recommend finding someone that can tank for you

you're on a long, hard road solo

Tethler
12-08-2021, 04:07 AM
This (https://wiki.project1999.com/Crystalline_Spider_Fang) is super budget. Less than 100p, or free if you sneak to velks and ask in ooc, someone prob just give to you.

Jimjam
12-08-2021, 05:10 AM
This (https://wiki.project1999.com/Crystalline_Spider_Fang) is super budget. Less than 100p, or free if you sneak to velks and ask in ooc, someone prob just give to you.

I've been levelling a new warrior on blue, and I have to say this weapon is quite redonculous at low level. Especially because early on that 12 damage proc is a reasonable chunk of damage!

I also have a rogue similar level to op on green. One day I bumped in to a druid at Qeynos bank area (maybe they were doing gnoll scrolls?) Either way they were kind enough to port me over to Lavastorm. I bought a Combine Spear, but I'd suggest OP heads a bit further south to East Commons and purchase something from a player there. A few dozen plat goes a long way if you are patient. Eventually you will find a player that just wants to clear out their bag space and get their trash to a new character rather than it getting lost to an npc vendor.

ghostwalker
12-08-2021, 07:29 PM
Seconding the recommendation for a crystalline spider fang! I solo'd on my barb rogue girl from 1-50 using just banded armour, a crystalline spider fang and a dragoon dirk, no fungi. All of that cost around 200 plat, and that was it!

As for the soloing: It was indeed long and miserable! But definitely doable if you're patient and don't mind primarily doing afk camps where you use intimidate to fear-kite and then bind wound to 50, hide/sneak and sit down to heal the rest of the way back up.

Also, as soon as you can, grab that DE mask from Guk! It is a godsend having ultravision on demand! And people usually camp the ghoul assassin and supplier, and are happy to let you loot a mask as they frequently rot! Just be careful because assassin DOES see-through hide/sneak! Nothing else in guk does though!

ScottBerta
12-20-2021, 02:56 AM
If your on blue, private message me and I will give your rogue some pp to buy a better weapon or provide you with one/two.

Cecily
12-22-2021, 01:43 PM
I recommend epic + claw of lightning for an easy to obtain set up that looks nice and works well on anything.
I'm a shirtless barbarian with unusually large areolas. My fashion quest has already been conquered.

Thank you for your question. Moving to resolved.