PDA

View Full Version : I sleep better when my phone is off or in airplane mode.

starkind
12-02-2021, 08:10 AM
I kinda want to build a large Faraday cage and fill it with plants, and maybe a little pond with fish and some bugs they can eat. Maybe some lizards. tbqvfh. Then I'd try to sleep in there.

realsubtle
12-02-2021, 09:39 AM
I love my phone, all my little friends are in there.

starkind
12-02-2021, 09:47 AM
same thats why i still have it lol

i just need to turn it off sometimes or i hear other ppls thoughts easier

Jibartik
12-02-2021, 01:16 PM
I slept with my phone in my car

like I do like 4 nights out of 7

and it makes me so angry but ill be damned if I am going outside to get it.

Tunabros
12-02-2021, 01:20 PM
welcome to top 1000 useless threads made by starkind

starkind
12-02-2021, 01:31 PM
thank you for sharing your thoughts in my thread tunabros, i agree its pretty usesless one

i was bored tho and just randomly thinking this while meditating on my cleric in guk on BLUE :D

i felt like it was pretty benign and worth sharing especially about the terrarium idea with the cool lizards and fishies and plants

I slept with my phone in my car

like I do like 4 nights out of 7

and it makes me so angry but ill be damned if I am going outside to get it.

angry u left it in ur car or u are some how angry without it there near u?

its not worth being angry about imo

Jibartik
12-02-2021, 01:57 PM
my phone and I have 0 routine that thing can be anywhere at any given moment I hate it so much.

9/10 times I go to bed and think oh yeah I should charge my phone but it is no where to be found. It isnt even in the house.

I hate cell phones I hate them! Worshiping the beast might be worth an implant.

Botten
12-02-2021, 01:59 PM
I kinda want to build a large Faraday cage and fill it with plants, and maybe a little pond with fish and some bugs they can eat. Maybe some lizards. tbqvfh. Then I'd try to sleep in there.

I got the booster.

And ever since my 5G has been great!

Jibartik
12-02-2021, 02:06 PM
I want to build a faraday cage because it's only a matter of time before one of those is the difference between being eaten and eating someone.

unsunghero
12-02-2021, 04:55 PM
I keep my phone on silent 100% of the time. It makes getting important calls a huge hassle, but as soon as I take it off silent I have to deal with

“Hello are you interested in selling your property?” 5ish times per day, asked every different way possible, including with scripted responses to my “no” designed to keep me on the line, and I’m polite so I have a hard time just hanging up on people

So if I keep the phone on silent I get to miss all that shit, then I can just delete the “I’m an investor and would like to buy your home” texts I also get 5 times per day…

Ooloo
12-02-2021, 05:12 PM
I keep my phone on silent 100% of the time. It makes getting important calls a huge hassle, but as soon as I take it off silent I have to deal with

“Hello are you interested in selling your property?” 5ish times per day, asked every different way possible, including with scripted responses to my “no” designed to keep me on the line, and I’m polite so I have a hard time just hanging up on people

So if I keep the phone on silent I get to miss all that shit, then I can just delete the “I’m an investor and would like to buy your home” texts I also get 5 times per day…

Apparently there is a problem with my Amazon non-existent amazon order, or so I have been informed by a really obviously fake but trying to sound real computer voice. That human voice synth technology has come a long way from the early 90's.

The sad thing is that those things fool unsuspecting old grannies like every day.

unsunghero
12-02-2021, 05:23 PM
Apparently there is a problem with my Amazon non-existent amazon order, or so I have been informed by a really obviously fake but trying to sound real computer voice. That human voice synth technology has come a long way from the early 90's.

The sad thing is that those things fool unsuspecting old grannies like every day.

Lol ya, a co-worker of mine played a voicemail in his phone of an extremely static-filled recording of a Indian dude claiming he was the FBI, that my co-worker’s identity has been compromised, and that if he didn’t call the number back immediately he would be arrested

I was so disappointed he missed that call and couldn’t fuck with him. Like asking “If this is the FBI, why does it sound like you are calling from some shithole with shit reception in India? Do all FBI agents barely speak English?” Questions like that

katie890
02-25-2022, 06:31 PM
I am using silent mode all the time
It kinda helps:)

starkind
03-09-2022, 10:15 AM
Ya sometimes I think holding my phone so much on my stomach is making me sick.

I generally disable notifications and stuff. Just have the ringer on like barely audible incase someone may need to reach me. Otherwise off 99% of the time.

Txts can wait days.

unsunghero
03-09-2022, 12:33 PM
This girl I dating will sometimes wait 2 days to text back. Took a little getting used to but it doesn’t bother me. I just adjust my text frequency to kinda match theirs. So she texted yesterday, I’ll respond today

But my family freaks out when I pull that on them. “Are you there? Why didn’t you respond?” I know how annoying that can be so I wouldn’t ever think of doing it to someone

starkind
03-09-2022, 12:47 PM
This girl I dating will sometimes wait 2 days to text back. Took a little getting used to but it doesn’t bother me. I just adjust my text frequency to kinda match theirs. So she texted yesterday, I’ll respond today

But my family freaks out when I pull that on them. “Are you there? Why didn’t you respond?” I know how annoying that can be so I wouldn’t ever think of doing it to someone

Ya that used to be a major problem..I would find someone that would respond and then text like crazy...

Part of limiting our texts/replies is sort of healthy discipline, boundaries...

Maybe that girl would like another random text every once in awhile? Tho? There is a big difference between "r u there? 10x and "check out this cool everquest meme"..

Anyway what was really unhealthy for me is I would stop talking to other ppl and start texting that ooone person a lot... that was like creepy and ???parasocial??? Or something.

I probably don't give the people i like enough 1 on 1 time anymore. Like out of public. So like that is the other extreme. I know some people who would like more personal attention. I can't tho :(

I don't consider my p99 forums posting super unhealthy...

It sure does beat (better then) laying in bed doing absolutely nothing.... or talking to absolutely no one. I did that sporadically several months at a time (run)... no verbal or textual contact with people... that was partly during my period of hospitalizations tho. Where I completely shut in and isolated. Not healthy.

The thing is... texting, posting doesn't "replace" healthy interaction anymore. It's basically all I have access 2.

unsunghero
03-09-2022, 03:21 PM
Yeah this gal also says she prefers talking on the phone which might be a problem because I don’t. If I’m talking on the phone I tend to pace all over the place and focus on getting the information out and covered and then getting off the phone

I’ve never been one to gab. I dunno phone calls feel so 90’s but texting can definitely cause confused signals

starkind
03-09-2022, 03:42 PM
Yeah this gal also says she prefers talking on the phone which might be a problem because I don’t. If I’m talking on the phone I tend to pace all over the place and focus on getting the information out and covered and then getting off the phone

I’ve never been one to gab. I dunno phone calls feel so 90’s but texting can definitely cause confused signals
It's been my experience women really like verbal communication and voices... like just the sounds are a big deal.

I can't really say... I have not had a lot of relationships where I really loved a person's voice.

I do like some narrators. Orators.

New_Guy
03-09-2022, 03:43 PM

You don't make yourself available every time she wants to gab, unless you wanna move yourself into the friendzone. And you don't reply to all her texts either, tell her straight up you got more important shit to do, and watch her jump over obstacles to touch your penis.

I'm an asshole all the time, which means my dick is never lonely, aloof and uninterested is the key to getting vagina on demand.

unsunghero
03-09-2022, 03:52 PM
You don't make yourself available every time she wants to gab, unless you wanna move yourself into the friendzone. And you don't reply to all her texts either, tell her straight up you got more important shit to do, and watch her jump over obstacles to touch your penis.

I'm an asshole all the time, which means my dick is never lonely, aloof and uninterested is the key to getting vagina on demand.

When I was younger like 10+ years ago I had a couple bad friendzones. I’d eventually just tell them off, which never made anything better and the whole situation was just embarrassing

As I’ve gotten older I’ve become increasingly narcissistic. I greatly value being and living alone, and I never get super emotionally attached to anyone, not gf’s, friends, or even my closest family (to their dismay sometimes). So being aloof just comes natural, it’s not something I can help. It may even be an unconscious defense mechanism against that past hurt, to be a little introspective

unsunghero
03-09-2022, 03:54 PM
It's been my experience women really like verbal communication and voices... like just the sounds are a big deal.

I can't really say... I have not had a lot of relationships where I really loved a person's voice.

I do like some narrators. Orators.

Yeah I had an ex gf with a super cute mousey voice. This girl’s voice isn’t bad either as voices go. Voices can matter a good amount with attraction

starkind
03-09-2022, 03:59 PM
Anyway I agree with new guy some im definitely not advising puppydoggedness... ur a big man w things to do. U know that drill :p

unsunghero
03-09-2022, 04:11 PM
Anyway I agree with new guy some im definitely not advising puppydoggedness... ur a big man w things to do. U know that drill :p

I agree that his proposed strat can be effective, but no matter the effectiveness, if it runs too different to who I naturally am, I won’t do it. For example, and this is an extreme example, but if women just gushed for aggressive and confrontational dudes, that’s just not me. I could fake it if my life depended on it. But I’d rather wait to get with someone more into me for who I naturally am, rather than hook up more often being someone I’m not

But like I said, I am kinda naturally aloof already, and I do recognize that has tended to help me with the opposite sex. I think both men and women like a bit of a challenge, and a clingy significant other is sort of a puzzle solved, a game beaten. That’s why a bit of hard to get does seem to take you places