PDA

View Full Version : History of the Sleeper's Tomb

Leopaz
11-23-2021, 03:16 AM
Years and years ago I had to leave for a long time since I joined the military, but I wondered what it would be like to finally raid the Sleeper's Tomb, since I missed out on it on live and picked raiding back up in Luclin. When I got back, the Sleeper had already been awoken.

My question is there had to be a decision to do that. Many people were involved, yes, but at the end of the day there had to be ONE asshole who gave a thumbs up to make it happen, making it so that any other player in our community has no chance at ST loot. So, who was that? Who stopped P99 Blue players from having end game goodies?

Freakish
11-23-2021, 04:52 AM
It was Ramen. He decided everything and we all went along with his decision.

realsubtle
11-23-2021, 09:48 AM
They should make it so you can wake the sleeper whenever. Thatd be way funner. "But thats not classic" Sure, that's fine, i dont want to play classic, i want to play p99. "But the project managers dont feel like doing it" Ok thats a better reason. I can empathize with that. The project managers could spend the rest of their days eating breakfast in bed in Tahiti for all i care, they gave me thousands of hours of free fun so far. But then they should hire lackeys that add non-classic Sleeper spawn events in.

myrddraal
11-23-2021, 10:33 AM
Only like 4 items are even worth mentioning from ST and only one of them is irreplaceable. Rip shroud

branamil
11-23-2021, 01:00 PM
Imagine thinking it's a good idea to let players permanently delete content on a time locked server

Tunabros
11-23-2021, 01:07 PM
hoku being a crybaby after losing a gharn and saying fuck you to the server

piss off a neckbeard hard enough and no warder loot

wonder who will shake up seal team hard enough for them to wake up the sleeper ;)

Toxigen
11-23-2021, 02:59 PM
Only like 4 items are even worth mentioning from ST and only one of them is irreplaceable. Rip shroud

pretty true

shroud, sod, tink mask

whats the 4th for you?

Tewaz
11-23-2021, 03:14 PM
The Sleeper being gone forever is a huge mistake on a locked server.

I say they just add the warders back like they did on TAKP.

Or respawn the Sleeper yearly.

Any solution is a good one.

Twochain
11-23-2021, 03:15 PM
pretty true

shroud, sod, tink mask

whats the 4th for you?

Gnome mask is the only item worth the DKP. Gnome bard sick nasty.

Shroud = A fungi with 100 hp + more, which is sweet - except it's ugly as hell. It would literally be the last upgrade i'd get for my monk - and i'd hate looking like that.

SODs = Overrated as HELL. They won't make a ranger a good class. Yes, i'm saying a warrior/monk/knight twink w/ EC gear is better than a 2xSOD ranger. Which, btw, is the only thing it's useful for - twinking.

Dagger - Is pretty nice, but if you're a raiding rogue you can get way better. So, MOSTLY useful for twinking, but a +1 for actually being decent. Vyemm fang better though.

Primals Galore = probably this is even sweeter than gnome mask existing. If you get a Sleepers Key, and the warders are still alive, you're getting a primal, and you're getting it for pretty much free. Primal Proc'd Melee toon is the #1 "Slot" upgrade for increasing your DPS. A primal proc'd rogue with a ragebringer, ec gear, and a dragoon dirk in the offhand will outdps a non primal rogue w/ whatever. - Instead, now, you get to save dkp for half a year, and hope that your online for the one time your weapon drops over the next 3+ months.

After that, all the gear that drops is either complete trash, utter trash, or something largely better is available in a different zone. For real, I think the Staff of the morning Dew (Holla holla holla @ramen) is the only item i'd want, and i'd want it on a level 1 enchanter or Necro to see if I could battle caster 1-30 lmao

DeathsSilkyMist
11-23-2021, 03:24 PM
Imagine thinking it's a good idea to let players permanently delete content on a time locked server

This is how every EQ time progression server works (even on live today), items stop dropping over the timeline. Warder loot is no different than manastone ceasing to drop, other than it being player controlled (which is an interesting twist).

Tunabros
11-23-2021, 03:55 PM
sod, shroud, tinker

if you don't have any of these, dont brag about your shitty warder loot

Twochain
11-24-2021, 06:52 PM
sod, shroud, tinker

if you don't have any of these, dont brag about your shitty warder loot

warder loot, sorry

you do not have, maybe you

should Evac to 2016?

Gustoo
11-24-2021, 07:42 PM
the Staff of the morning Dew

Yeah I think an iksar necro with that weapon would be really fun.

Naethyn
11-24-2021, 08:29 PM
The bad guys (Detoxx) snuck in to ST and killed a warder on tonight, the day before thanksgiving, when everyone was drunk. The leader (detoxx) walked away with a smolder, and then the sleeper was <Awakened>.

Arvan
11-25-2021, 12:13 AM
[Sun Jan 31 19:48:01 2016] Detoxx says out of character, 'u guys are so mad, ur denying everyone pixels for one last power play of a failed guild'
[Sun Jan 31 19:59:18 2016] Detoxx says out of character, 'cant wait to get my essence earring!'
[Sun Jan 31 20:44:20 2016] Detoxx says out of character, 'CONCEDE SLEEPER NOW'

Tunabros
11-26-2021, 09:11 PM
warder loot, sorry

you do not have, maybe you

should Evac to 2016?

Resistance stones are nothing to brag about :rolleyes:

Kegluas
11-27-2021, 07:52 PM
wts sod x2

Leopaz
12-04-2021, 12:40 AM
Yeah as a monk I think it was the primals / gharn / shroud / sod ... mostly shroud since 20 years later i still dont have one lol

Twochain
12-04-2021, 01:21 PM
Yeah as a monk I think it was the primals / gharn / shroud / sod ... mostly shroud since 20 years later i still dont have one lol

Sod stinks (for real guys, i'm almost positive a statue hammer outdps this thang)
Primal still drops
Gharn drops off Vulak (not ST)
and Shroud is ugly!

SO you're good to go!

SpinFin
12-04-2021, 01:54 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but SoD on P99 is nerfed in some aspect. It does not proc at level 1 like it did on live.

Ripqozko
12-04-2021, 01:55 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but SoD on P99 is nerfed in some aspect. It does not proc at level 1 like it did on live.

its mainly the 2 ppm thing the server has, should proc more frequently.

Master Roshi
12-04-2021, 11:26 PM
lot of fun items got the lvl 1 click/proc nerf to lvl 46+

super lame!