PDA

View Full Version : Riot reviews from actual citizens of towns that had riots?

Ooloo
11-20-2021, 02:16 PM
Anyone have any? I weigh the opinion of somebody who actually has to deal with this shit a lot higher than people who get to watch it on TV, highly curated, while eating cheeseburgers.

Gravydoo II
11-20-2021, 02:51 PM
Hahah, this is like asking for people who know someone who died in a chicago gun fight. Another MAJOR concern of the same crowd. lol

bubur
11-20-2021, 03:36 PM
9jCpUMUezzY

love this clip. oblivious dudes playing beerbong while there's a march going on outside, you won't believe what happens next

welp it's kind of ruined by the video title, so you might just believe it

Ooloo
11-20-2021, 03:46 PM
Hahah, this is like asking for people who know someone who died in a chicago gun fight. Another MAJOR concern of the same crowd. lol

Hah! I knew you didn't have me on ignore for real.

*frantically updates gravvydoo personality profile*

unsunghero
11-20-2021, 03:52 PM
Anyone have any? I weigh the opinion of somebody who actually has to deal with this shit a lot higher than people who get to watch it on TV, highly curated, while eating cheeseburgers.

The only one in my area was stupid Logan Paul (or one of his dumb brothers I forget who) organizing a break in at Fashion Square Mall on camera for internet fame and clout during the George Floyd protests. Fashion Square being one of the fanciest and most expensive malls in the state if not the most, so he was stupid to think there wouldn’t be legal repercussions for it, and there were for him

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9PeVqM-P3hc

hobart
11-20-2021, 10:23 PM

So, you're a fan of anecdotal evidence? gotcha.

Jibartik
11-20-2021, 10:25 PM
bill maher says that kyle watched too many comic book movies so actually it was cartoons that caused the violence.

TheBardo
11-20-2021, 10:29 PM
I have been in a riot and It was fine and not such a big deal as the media made it out to be

TheBardo
11-20-2021, 10:31 PM
Except for the police hitting people sitting on the floor for no reason

Jimjam
11-21-2021, 04:54 AM
There were a few riots when I lived in Manchester (close to the city centre and the football ground). Mainly football hooliganism, but the largest one was in response to police violence (Mark Duggan was shot and killed).

I lived several floors up in a locked compound so just stayed home. I probably posted about it here.

Local news article recently updated about the riot.

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/people-were-robbing-everything-could-21222319

It was a bit like the recent America riots. Loads of people frustrated feeling society failed them and lashing out. 2008-2011 was a rough time of government austerity and poor employment prospects. People were unhappy.

Reddarok
11-21-2021, 05:00 AM
Portland has always been a shit hole. Rioters there were just trying to sprinkle some sugar on that turd.
Sources:
-have been there
-wont go back

Knowledge
11-21-2021, 08:47 AM
Why doesn't our do-nothing President and do-nothing VP call out the National Guard. Only thing Brandon is good for is signing off on 1.2 tril packages.

hobart
11-21-2021, 03:41 PM
Why doesn't our do-nothing President and do-nothing VP call out the National Guard. Only thing Brandon is good for is signing off on 1.2 tril packages.

Another Trumptard who doesn't understand how government works (or should work).

The answer is because it's an overreach of Federal powers. Meaning, it's not his job.

The local governments in cities like Portland and Seattle need to answer for shit like this. And so do Govs Brown and Inslee to an extent.

I live in a very liberal (an coincidentally affluent) city. That shit gets shut down here pretty quickly considering how many illiberal moron students and college drop outs we have here. We also don't let redneck kids walk around with assault rifles. Win/Win.

Jibartik
11-21-2021, 08:57 PM
I would support real bullets for riot police at this piont.

Swish
11-21-2021, 10:04 PM
9jCpUMUezzY

love this clip. oblivious dudes playing beerbong while there's a march going on outside, you won't believe what happens next

welp it's kind of ruined by the video title, so you might just believe it

That could be seen from the streets as a sarcastic thumbs up/ "aim here"

Homesteaded
11-22-2021, 02:07 AM
Rome is falling gents. Most of you are complicit, some of you aren't. We all will reap the rewards.

Knowledge
11-22-2021, 05:58 AM
Is Lebron still crying those crocodile tears?

Gravydoo II
11-22-2021, 09:56 AM
I support real bullets for shooting police, not rubber ones.

Homesteaded
11-22-2021, 10:38 AM
I support real bullets for shooting police, not rubber ones.

Totally not something someone should be banned for saying. Cool and normal thing to say. What a psycho.

Trexller
11-22-2021, 11:09 AM
I support real bullets for police shooting, not rubber ones.

FTFY

robayon
11-22-2021, 11:24 AM
Totally not something someone should be banned for saying. Cool and normal thing to say. What a psycho.Don't you believe in free speech? Stop trying to cancel everyone you disagree with, neoliberal

Homesteaded
11-22-2021, 11:28 AM
Don't you believe in free speech? Stop trying to cancel everyone you disagree with, neoliberal

Imminent lawless action is not protected under the First Amendment. You can't redefine the rules to fit your narrative on every occasion.

robayon
11-22-2021, 11:35 AM
Imminent lawless action is not protected under the First Amendment. You can't redefine the rules to fit your narrative on every occasion.He said, as he redefined the rules to fit his own narrative on this particular occasion

https://www.okayplayer.com/news/supreme-court-jamal-knox-first-amendment-cop-lyrics.html

Sorry buckaroo, the Supreme Court has been dodging that intent question for a while now

Trexller
11-22-2021, 11:41 AM
Imminent lawless action is not protected under the First Amendment. You can't redefine the rules to fit your narrative on every occasion.

that actually happens everyday, in all walks of life

Homesteaded
11-22-2021, 12:06 PM
He said, as he redefined the rules to fit his own narrative on this particular occasion

https://www.okayplayer.com/news/supreme-court-jamal-knox-first-amendment-cop-lyrics.html

Sorry buckaroo, the Supreme Court has been dodging that intent question for a while now

Nice bullshit article. The law is with me, as I said, imminent threats are not protected. Calling for the killing of cops is something that low moral people do. These low moral people are compromising our society and you stand idly by playing semantics over it.

robayon
11-22-2021, 12:18 PM
Nice bullshit article. The law is with me, as I said, imminent threats are not protected.It really isn't, but you can ignore all the legal standings you want, I frequently do as I don't fundamentally believe in American rule of law as it's corrupted top to bottom

https://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/knox-v-pennsylvania/

I feel as a person of faith myself that there's no such thing as an ethical capitalist, so I'll just ignore your feelings about morality as long as you support the American status quo, which causes far more global violence than any amount of dead cops here

Jibartik
11-22-2021, 12:42 PM
I should be able to threaten whoever I want and if anyone has a problem with it they can come to my house and get their head blown off.

That's how you dont let tiktok take over.

hobart
11-22-2021, 12:55 PM
Calling for the killing of cops is something that low moral people do. These low moral people are compromising our society and you stand idly by playing semantics over it.

Same with calling for the killing of protestors, vandals, and thieves.

Whale biologist
11-22-2021, 01:00 PM
is it really a SCOTUS issue or a shutup Gravydoo issue?

Shutup Gravydoo.

Ooloo
11-22-2021, 01:37 PM
Same with calling for the killing of protestors, vandals, and thieves.

Nobody is calling for them to be killed, we're calling for them to even be arrested or prosecuted at all. Most aren't, even when violent. The police often either are unable or unwilling to intervene, which isn't surprising considering the media is ready to crucify them the minute they use any force at all against the totally peaceful mob of peace.

Peacefully protest all you want, it's your right, but throw a skateboard at kyle's head while he's trying to get away from you and you might just get shot.

Knowledge
11-22-2021, 02:18 PM
Well you know your honor, opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one.

Tunabros
11-22-2021, 02:49 PM
liberals hella quiet knowing that that 90% of riots are caused by them

robayon
11-22-2021, 03:00 PM
riots are cool, riots get things done

Jibartik
11-22-2021, 03:19 PM
like jihad.

Gravydoo II
11-22-2021, 03:31 PM
I love when people talk about me.
<3

robayon
11-22-2021, 03:34 PM
like jihad.yes

Gravydoo II
11-22-2021, 03:34 PM
Nobody called for killing cops.

Especially if you see a cop break a window or do anything you deem as "rioting" they deserve to die, do they not?

Isnt that what you guys have been saying?? Wearing a uniform doesnt make you unable to break the law. You guys are saying any law broken deserves to be punished with bullets. Whatever you define as "rioting" which could be anything from being outside after dark to looting and burning stores. I wonder why you guys didnt say that about the jan 6th terrorists... They were rioting, in the capitol, dont they all deserve to die?

Elizondo
11-22-2021, 03:36 PM
Nobody called for killing cops.

p213G6sgdXE

Gravydoo II
11-22-2021, 03:43 PM
about 50 or so cops are gunned down a year. Cops gun down at least 1000 people in america every year.

So yeah. Tell me whos the real threat here.. The guys getting shot or the guys going the shooting 20 times more often? Fact is, most of the "threats" they face can be handled differently.

Some how, German police kill one person a year, maybe. One year, their entire police force shot 37 bullets in action, all year. 37 bullets.

When you walk around with a hammer and LITERAL IMMUNITY from prosecution, everything is just another nail. Weird how when cops didnt have tons of guns and military hardware they were not slaughtering americans like they are.

Whale biologist
11-22-2021, 03:46 PM
about 50 or so cops are gunned down a year. Cops gun down at least 1000 people in america every year.

okay but disproportionately :p

Disease
11-22-2021, 03:52 PM
I live in Philadelphia and most of what I saw was mom and pops getting looted and 100s of people blocking the streets/throwing stuff at police. Most of my block is gay so they didnt dare step on our street.

Tunabros
11-22-2021, 04:32 PM
riots are just an excuse to loot and break shit

same old story

robayon
11-22-2021, 04:34 PM
riots are just an excuse to loot and break shit

same old storyyeah, i can imagine whatever King referring to the Boston Tea Party as this at the time, too

the reason our society is structured to prevent collective action like that is because Collective Action Works

for better or for worse, but it yields change

Gravydoo II
11-22-2021, 04:43 PM
Seems like the only difference is if you agree with them or not. If you think police gunning down unarmed people is ok, its a riot. If you think its not ok for police to kill unarmed people, its a protest. 93% were without incident but you only bring up the minority and present it as "this is what happened every single time. All of america was burning. they burned cities down". Its just a lie they continue to spout because they want to take away peoples rights to protest at all. Well, unless its assaulting the capitol, that kind of protest is ok to them.

robayon
11-22-2021, 05:33 PM
This kind of anti-collectivism is not new in America, they love to blame 'outside agitators' and 'communists' every time a disadvantaged group attempts to gain respect. Depending on who you ask or are listening to, you will often see a protest for the rights of minorities referred to as a 'riot' when it's a protest when white people do it. Sort of works the same way when you see on the news 'homeless man robs gas station', but the flipside of that is you never see "man who owns three bedroom house kills wife"

And anyone waiting for a protest to be 'legal' is a fool, the most effective kinds of protests are always the illegal ones

Jibartik
11-22-2021, 05:37 PM
yeah, i can imagine whatever King referring to the Boston Tea Party as this at the time, too

the reason our society is structured to prevent collective action like that is because Collective Action Works

for better or for worse, but it yields change

pbcN2hkEvNY

realsubtle
11-22-2021, 05:48 PM
Riot seems like a great guild. Ive partied up with many of them and found them almost unanimously to be decent, reliable companions on the battlefield. Not sure why everyone in this thread is so down on them.

robayon
11-22-2021, 05:54 PM
i never saw Noah, but i do like Aronofsky films an awful lot

Jibartik
11-22-2021, 05:56 PM
i never saw Noah, but i do like Aronofsky films an awful lot

It's ok Im not too into the reality filmmaking style where they literally time travel to an actual event and just film it happening in real life, because it feels cheep but otherwise it's really good.

robayon
11-22-2021, 05:58 PM
i think Mother! and The Fountain are my two favorites, with a slight lean towards The Fountain

Ooloo
11-22-2021, 06:01 PM
This kind of anti-collectivism is not new in America, they love to blame 'outside agitators' and 'communists' every time a disadvantaged group attempts to gain respect. Depending on who you ask or are listening to, you will often see a protest for the rights of minorities referred to as a 'riot' when it's a protest when white people do it. Sort of works the same way when you see on the news 'homeless man robs gas station', but the flipside of that is you never see "man who owns three bedroom house kills wife"

And anyone waiting for a protest to be 'legal' is a fool, the most effective kinds of protests are always the illegal ones

White people are the devil.txt

Protip: This shit is racist, and obnoxious and makes dems lose elections hth

Riots = breaking and burning and looting and assaulting. Protest = peacefully holding signs and chanting stuff. It's really not complicated at all, but please continue to be paranoid that there are evil white supremacists everywhere and that the sky is falling and we need to burn the system down or whatever. Violent riots are really only "effective" insofar as they are literally blackmail. It's mob rule. Give me what I want or I will hurt you. Total slimeball, scumbag moves that get a pass from the MSM because it's for some utopian fairytale "greater good". Same thing every tyranical evil murderous dictator ever in history thought.

robayon
11-22-2021, 06:18 PM
all you got out of that was that white people are bad? lmao

i mean, they are, but that's not the point i was making at all

Jibartik
11-22-2021, 06:21 PM
I wonder what watching noah and mother double feature would do to someone's brain. I want to try it but am afraid.

Whale biologist
11-22-2021, 06:25 PM
White people are the devil.txt

Protip: This shit is racist, and obnoxious and makes dems lose elections hth

Riots = breaking and burning and looting and assaulting. Protest = peacefully holding signs and chanting stuff. It's really not complicated at all, but please continue to be paranoid that there are evil white supremacists everywhere and that the sky is falling and we need to burn the system down or whatever. Violent riots are really only "effective" insofar as they are literally blackmail. It's mob rule. Give me what I want or I will hurt you. Total slimeball, scumbag moves that get a pass from the MSM because it's for some utopian fairytale "greater good". Same thing every tyranical evil murderous dictator ever in history thought.

Okay but can I peaceful protest on the highway? It's what Eisenhower intended.

robayon
11-22-2021, 06:30 PM
I wonder what watching noah and mother double feature would do to someone's brain. I want to try it but am afraid.throw a few episodes of 90 day fiance in between the two films to keep yourself grounded