PDA

View Full Version : Another gear suggestions/direction question - enchanter

unsunghero
11-17-2021, 03:47 PM
I’ve been playing a bit more in the past few weeks, my only char on p99 is now the highest level EQ char I’ve ever had at level 47. At this point all content is new to me, so feeling a little lost on how/where to progress

Budget gear is as follows:

Opalline earring x2
5ac 55hp rings x2
Amulet of insight (3 neck)
Loam head
Incandescent mask
Loam mantle
Loam cloak
Gatorscale sleeves
Incandescent gloves
Loam belt
Drake hide legs
Loam boots
Rod of glamour
Crude stein

This puts me at exactly 200 cha unbuffed, 230 buffed, and about 140ish int, only about 900ish hp, forget what ac is

I’ve almost exclusively solo’d, 90% of which is charm soloing but the animation pet is surprisingly and unexpectedly good when you re-summon until max lev (I stop at max or max -1 lev) and give it haste and boon of the garou, in addition to slowing the mob it’s fighting. It can actually still kill kunark blue cons as long as I put max slow on them. It’s still far worse exp/hour than charm solo’ing, so I only use it when I’m especially tired or having to afk often. For where I’ve been hunting it’s mostly just kunark atm, open to suggestions too on others

Possible upgrades I’ve heard/thought about:

- next spell lev I get a better cha buff, so I might be able to replace an opaline earring with a hp/mana one. Although there are some tradable earrings on blue that run about 1.5k that have cha and a bunch of other stats in addition to I think a clicky effect. I don’t think they exist yet on green or else no one is trading them, but I was considering those as an alternative to hp/mana for earring slot when they become available

I don’t think I’ll be raiding, not in a raid guild, so for other pieces I think the best bet might be to go for the Skyshrine pieces? I hear skyshrine is in kunark correct? Can I skip the factioning (ally needed) by using faction self-buffs? I imagine buying the mq for these drops will be hella-expensive though

I don’t think I want to deal wirh the work involved in the crafting-based mr shawl I heard about. Maybe I could try for neriad at some point. Also I hear there’s a quested kunark ring that’s pretty good?

Budget-wise I have about 12k saved at this point, but this is on green where everything is more expensive. I already have theft of thought, allure, and clarity 2. I was saving for zumaik’s as next spell purchase, on green that will run me about 15k. So it’s really either that spell or tradeable gear upgrades but not both (yet). Bedlam is also going to run me probably 15-20k on green :/

Ty in advance for any guidance

Stonewallx39
11-17-2021, 04:34 PM
Try to get an MQ for a thurg silk hat. It goes quite cheap most of the time and is a huge upgrade (+15 cha, +10 int).

unsunghero
11-17-2021, 05:34 PM
Try to get an MQ for a thurg silk hat. It goes quite cheap most of the time and is a huge upgrade (+15 cha, +10 int).

Nice! Will look into that, didn’t even realize those pieces existed…

unsunghero
11-23-2021, 03:52 PM
Should I not be killing sarnaks if I ever want to do the ring of di'zok quest?

Crede
11-23-2021, 05:49 PM
Can snipe quite a few nameds with the enchanter 55 pet. He’s a beast and in certain scenarios i prefer him over the ease of dealing with breaks.

Barlu
11-24-2021, 02:20 PM
Your gear is plenty good enough to solo your way to 60. Bedlam is essential so buy that as soon as you are able to cast. Although the animation is nice to have in certain circumstances, it is definitely not worth 15k.

Focus on getting to 60 then you can do better cash camps which will improve your gear dramatically. Brood Mother in Velks, PoM, Seb Crypt, Fellspine are all awesome cash camps.

For what it’s worth my enchanter has been 60 for years and has quite a few of the pieces that you mentioned and just terrible gear overall. I can do all the good cash camps with the gear he’s wearing and I have more fun gearing melee. You def have a smaller margin for error with terrible gear but it is all doable. Hope this helps and good luck!

Toxigen
11-24-2021, 02:51 PM
Save your money for spells. Will be far more important than a bit of gear.

But yeah, as Barlu said...get all your spells, level 60, then farm for that twink melee. Number one priority being a fungi tunic.

If you really want to gear the enchanter with farmables / droppables / MQs, here are some ideas:

Arms: Illusionist's (SS)
Back: Cloak of Confusion (PoM)
Chest: PoM
Ear 1: Helssen's quest
Ear 2: Blazing Energy (chardok drop)
Feet: Illusionist's (SS)
Ring 1: Chardok quest
Ring 2: 65 hp crafted
Hands: SS or Coldain Skin
Head: SS
Legs: SS
Neck: +6 neck
Shoulders: Neriad Shawl
Waist: PoM
Wrists: SS
MH: Epic
OH: Orb of the Infinite Void
Range: Sickly Glowing Orb, Writ of Di`zok, etc

I didn't run the math but I'm sure thats way overkill on CHA. I'd create a Magelo profile on the wiki with your race / starting stats to get that exact CHA "cap."

unsunghero
11-24-2021, 06:50 PM
Thanks much guys, hadn’t gotten much feedback and was getting a bit discouraged

I been playing like 6 hours/day this week I’ve been off work and went from 45 now to 49, halfway to 50

I ended up buying jboots MQ for 5k. Every time I make a purchase I take some time to try to farm back some of the money I spent, so that’s slowed the leveling a bit. I know that’s not ideal and it’s better to just plow to 60, but I get plat apprehension every time I dip below 10k. I like to pretend I could jump on a crazy good deal if needed, but honestly I’m finding out I greatly overpaid for theft of thought and c2. We’re not going to talk about just how much I overpaid…..just take it that I did….

I’ve heard stuff like PoM chest is bis or nearly bis, but I really don’t need that. Just anything better than blackened crystalline robe. Thats why if figured a SS item might be a bit cheaper to buy than PoM stuff. Maybe I can try to get in a raid guild and just grab some plane of fear/sky stuff

Yeah that earring of blazing energy I’ve seen sold on blue for only like 1k but never seen on green. That was the one I mentioned in the original post, that one looks nice, stat wise

Neriad shawl I hear you can buy the loot rights for like 5-8k. Dunno about trying to solo it there, I don’t like to attempt soloing new dungeons until I outlevel it fairly significantly. I find that makes the trial and error process a little easier. So I wasn’t picturing trying to solo the shawl if I did until close to or 60

Toxigen
11-25-2021, 09:02 PM
Thanks much guys, hadn’t gotten much feedback and was getting a bit discouraged

I been playing like 6 hours/day this week I’ve been off work and went from 45 now to 49, halfway to 50

I ended up buying jboots MQ for 5k. Every time I make a purchase I take some time to try to farm back some of the money I spent, so that’s slowed the leveling a bit. I know that’s not ideal and it’s better to just plow to 60, but I get plat apprehension every time I dip below 10k. I like to pretend I could jump on a crazy good deal if needed, but honestly I’m finding out I greatly overpaid for theft of thought and c2. We’re not going to talk about just how much I overpaid…..just take it that I did….

I’ve heard stuff like PoM chest is bis or nearly bis, but I really don’t need that. Just anything better than blackened crystalline robe. Thats why if figured a SS item might be a bit cheaper to buy than PoM stuff. Maybe I can try to get in a raid guild and just grab some plane of fear/sky stuff

Yeah that earring of blazing energy I’ve seen sold on blue for only like 1k but never seen on green. That was the one I mentioned in the original post, that one looks nice, stat wise

Neriad shawl I hear you can buy the loot rights for like 5-8k. Dunno about trying to solo it there, I don’t like to attempt soloing new dungeons until I outlevel it fairly significantly. I find that makes the trial and error process a little easier. So I wasn’t picturing trying to solo the shawl if I did until close to or 60

You're like me. Leveling while gearing / making money is more fun than rushing to 60, feeling burned out, and not having the motivation to farm farm farm at capped 60 xp for minimal improvement. Fortunately as enchanter its ok to do the 60 rush and farm for your future alt(s). The enchanter game really starts at 60.

You're going to need 10k+ for bedlam alone.

Increase your reserve fund to 20k but get XP as you do it.

Pay attention to who is in Kael...try to tag statues and AoWs and get that faction to ally. Buy those good SS pieces once you're ally.

Farming PoM is a strictly level 60 activity.

Thrombosis
11-26-2021, 05:20 AM
Heh - OP could have been written by me, my 50 ENC has very similar gear/stats, except you've got way more plat than I do. How did you get so much? :) Have you got a Goblin Gazughi Ring?

unsunghero
11-26-2021, 12:41 PM
Heh - OP could have been written by me, my 50 ENC has very similar gear/stats, except you've got way more plat than I do. How did you get so much? :) Have you got a Goblin Gazughi Ring?

I chose to stop exp’ing completely at various times and just farm mobs that drop items that vendor for a decent amount (at least a few pp), for hours at a time. You can’t make as much as a lucrative high level “cash camp” though, usually only like 300-400pp/hour. Anything that regularly drops fine steel weapons works. I invested in all shralok packs and a bag of sewn evil eye for lugging my stuff to vendors

For me personally, I dislike the idea of sitting for hours at a time staring at an empty spot where a mob will spawn in a few hours. But that’s unfortunately how to make potentially thousands worth of pp at once. I also don’t like selling stuff, so when I’m auctioning in EC I usually sell my little stuff (usually things that are less than 100pp) for half or less than it’s wiki price or what others are offering. This way I get buyers usually right away. But of course for expensive stuff you’d be really shooting yourself in the foot if u sold it for half

I don’t have a GGR and don’t really have a lot of motivation to buy one. I’ve never needed an instant charm break when soloing. As long as I root (or mez if it’s a caster) the target the charmed pet is killing, then I have more than enough time to cast invis to break charm. The only scenario in my opinion where GGR is necessary is when you have a group of mobs rooted in melee range of each other and want to charm one so the others kill it. In this scenario my charmed pet’s health will be flying down too fast with multiple mobs beating on it to be able to time an invis correctly. This makes spots like howling stones seem not possible, but it really still could be as long as I am willing to have some charmed pets get killed by mobs and have their bodies poof. But I’m in no rush to go into HS and potentially die and then not be able to get my body due to no key…

Vivitron
11-26-2021, 02:21 PM
The hs key is soulbound now (stays with you when you die not with your corpse) -- that's an era thing, it's not soulbound in early Kunark. I think the basement/entrance (easiest area) is dark blue through 55 or 56 and north wing is dark blue through 57 or so, so you've got plenty of time to check it out. After you hit 51 you'll be happy to find mobs which let you theft of thought them and most of the skeletons in hs do. It's a fun zone for enchanters.

Barlu
11-26-2021, 07:06 PM
I really think you should reconsider your decision on the Gazughi Ring. You can definitely get by without it, but it is so much more efficient for breaking charm. You save mana on the invis and time casting it on yourself. Howling stones is going to be the top exp spot for you and it really shines there reverse kiting like you mentioned. Theft of thought allows you to go pretty much non stop without having to take breaks, and it just got a nice ZEM boost (not sure if it was on both blue and green). There are some great videos from Tecmos about soloing Hs as an enchanter. I highly recommend watching those before jumping in. Also, learn the stalking probe trick to get through locked doors. West at lvl 58 is amazing exp.

You have a nice buffer of cash built up. I would also suggest dropping a few k on coffins and EEs to leave in the bank. If you die deep in a wing, I almost always think it’s worthwhile to get a summon and Rez from a necro who is probably soloing in the basement. Trying to CR with no gear is just not worth it imo.

Tewaz
11-26-2021, 07:59 PM
For HS 255 cha really helps avoid crit soothe resist which is the main thing that kills you outside of not knowing the zone. I think siryn hair good gets you there.

I did he without GGR but it is helpful. Improved invis saves the step of targeting yourself but instant cast GGR is great.

Toxigen
11-29-2021, 10:42 AM
The hs key is soulbound now (stays with you when you die not with your corpse)

i did not know this. awesome.

unsunghero
11-29-2021, 02:33 PM
I’ve been doing some comparisons of xp/hour of charm soloing outdoors vs indoors vs animation pet

It seems like the ideal situation is charming a pet in a dungeon, sending it to aggro a clump of mobs, rooting all of them (torn between using root or paralyzing earth here, root you will have to re-apply), letting them kill the pet, charming a new pet from the clump, repeat

Nothing can beat that in terms of xp/hour, but that’s not a situation that occurs in every dungeon room. Sometimes, you only have 2 mobs to work with. So then you charm one, make them fight each other, and try to even out their health (a fun little mini-game) with various things like slows. The downside is I haven’t been able to make my pet lose lots of health vs a mob it out-levels. /pet sit doesn’t seem to do much. So if your charmed pet is at 75% and the other mob is about to die, I don’t see it as worth the mana/time to release charm (cajoling whispers is expensive to cast), just to kill the other mob for full xp, may as well let the pet kill. Also, assuming both mobs are at a similar health total at the end, finishing them required at least 2 anarchy’s, possibly 1 discordant mind (expensive), depending on health totals. So this method is definitely slower than the first in terms of xp/hour (because the pets die much slower)

Outdoor charming tends to play out like the second example, unless you run way out of your way to gather up a bunch of stuff like a bard would. But then in doing so you also slow down your exp/hour gathering mobs to root in a clump and make fight each other. So when I solo outdoors, I don’t go out of my way to do that

The level 49 animation pet DOES kill exp greens and low blues faster than a charmed mob of those levels. This is because I buff the animation with 60% haste and garou, while I don’t buff charmed mobs (no point unless they out-level everything else, they die too quickly to waste mana on haste solo and it’s risky in dungeons). The 49 animation pet hits quickly for 52/per with 60% haste, that is more dps than the non-hasted hits of 88-94ish from mobs (once again, talking about exp greens and low blues, NOT high blues). The animation pet is also more effective against casters than a charmed pet, because it is much more reliable at interrupting casts, I’ve noticed (for the times I don’t have the mana for or want to twist stuns). But the pet steals 50% exp. This is somewhat mitigated by the fact that due to its higher dps, I can kill more things in a shorter amount of time (unless we are talking about the first scenario where it’s a clump of rooted mobs beating a single charmed pet)

So the TL:DR is:

Unless you know you can engineer scenarios of a clump of rooted mobs beating on a charmed pet, then charming a new one from the clump and repeat, then the animation pet can roughly match the exp/hour of charming 1 mob and making it fight 1 other mob, breaking charm, and then killing both for full exp. This is because the pet kills singles faster, but for less exp per This only applies to if you are fighting exp greens and low blues, because for my own safety I prefer to go for these as charm targets for the basis of comparison. If you want to be risky, charming high blues would be better xp/hour then the animation pet

“Using the animation is just being a poor man’s mage” - true, but a mage doesn’t have chanter CC. Even with the animation pet I can go further and deeper into a dungeon than a mage of comparable level due to having cc

“Using the animation pet is boring” - won’t disagree at all. I still prefer charming for the vast majority of my solo’ing

Tunabros
11-29-2021, 03:47 PM
what's your budget in game op?

also u on green or blue

unsunghero
11-29-2021, 06:04 PM
what's your budget in game op?

also u on green or blue

Green, back up to 12k after buyin jboots

loramin
11-29-2021, 06:44 PM
Keep in mind that the way charisma impacts charm may change soon. If it were me, I wouldn't want to drop 12k until I know it will still be useful in the future.

Tunabros
11-29-2021, 07:44 PM
dont listen to loramin

most of his opinions came from the wiki and the wiki is like 40 percent false information

he's probably gonna make you go to the enchanter class page and scroll down

rather than telling you straight up

unsunghero
11-29-2021, 10:17 PM
I'm looking to dump it on ideally bedlam (will prolly have to save 20k for that now on green though), or ggr/zumaik's as runner up

I appreciate any feedback though

Toxigen
11-30-2021, 02:46 PM
Bedlam is a total game changer. Make sure you have it bought ahead of hitting 58 so you can scribe it the moment you ding.

Tunabros
11-30-2021, 02:57 PM
gear isnt really important pre-lv 60 if you're planning on grouping a lot

for soloing, you will definitely need all of your spells

then focus on maybe getting some raw HP/mana items

as charisma can be buffed by your spells

ReoDobbs
12-01-2021, 02:59 PM
Keep in mind that the way charisma impacts charm may change soon. If it were me, I wouldn't want to drop 12k until I know it will still be useful in the future.

I haven't posted here in nearly a decade, but I couldn't help myself...

Why are you such a troll and why do you run around pretending to be helpful? Is it an attention seeking thing?

None of the mention changes have shown to be classic, in fact there has been more proof that it does work correctly, currently.

Kawhi
12-02-2021, 01:29 PM
You're still going to want to be able to max your CHA for pacifies no matter what happens with charm so CHA gear should still hold it's value I'd think.

Barlu
12-04-2021, 11:06 AM
I’ve been doing some comparisons of xp/hour of charm soloing outdoors vs indoors vs animation pet

It seems like the ideal situation is charming a pet in a dungeon, sending it to aggro a clump of mobs, rooting all of them (torn between using root or paralyzing earth here, root you will have to re-apply), letting them kill the pet, charming a new pet from the clump, repeat

Nothing can beat that in terms of xp/hour, but that’s not a situation that occurs in every dungeon room. Sometimes, you only have 2 mobs to work with. So then you charm one, make them fight each other, and try to even out their health (a fun little mini-game) with various things like slows. The downside is I haven’t been able to make my pet lose lots of health vs a mob it out-levels. /pet sit doesn’t seem to do much. So if your charmed pet is at 75% and the other mob is about to die, I don’t see it as worth the mana/time to release charm (cajoling whispers is expensive to cast), just to kill the other mob for full xp, may as well let the pet kill. Also, assuming both mobs are at a similar health total at the end, finishing them required at least 2 anarchy’s, possibly 1 discordant mind (expensive), depending on health totals. So this method is definitely slower than the first in terms of xp/hour (because the pets die much slower)

Outdoor charming tends to play out like the second example, unless you run way out of your way to gather up a bunch of stuff like a bard would. But then in doing so you also slow down your exp/hour gathering mobs to root in a clump and make fight each other. So when I solo outdoors, I don’t go out of my way to do that

The level 49 animation pet DOES kill exp greens and low blues faster than a charmed mob of those levels. This is because I buff the animation with 60% haste and garou, while I don’t buff charmed mobs (no point unless they out-level everything else, they die too quickly to waste mana on haste solo and it’s risky in dungeons). The 49 animation pet hits quickly for 52/per with 60% haste, that is more dps than the non-hasted hits of 88-94ish from mobs (once again, talking about exp greens and low blues, NOT high blues). The animation pet is also more effective against casters than a charmed pet, because it is much more reliable at interrupting casts, I’ve noticed (for the times I don’t have the mana for or want to twist stuns). But the pet steals 50% exp. This is somewhat mitigated by the fact that due to its higher dps, I can kill more things in a shorter amount of time (unless we are talking about the first scenario where it’s a clump of rooted mobs beating a single charmed pet)

So the TL:DR is:

Unless you know you can engineer scenarios of a clump of rooted mobs beating on a charmed pet, then charming a new one from the clump and repeat, then the animation pet can roughly match the exp/hour of charming 1 mob and making it fight 1 other mob, breaking charm, and then killing both for full exp. This is because the pet kills singles faster, but for less exp per This only applies to if you are fighting exp greens and low blues, because for my own safety I prefer to go for these as charm targets for the basis of comparison. If you want to be risky, charming high blues would be better xp/hour then the animation pet

“Using the animation is just being a poor man’s mage” - true, but a mage doesn’t have chanter CC. Even with the animation pet I can go further and deeper into a dungeon than a mage of comparable level due to having cc

“Using the animation pet is boring” - won’t disagree at all. I still prefer charming for the vast majority of my solo’ing

You hit the nail on the head about the different charming scenarios and how fast they are. This is why howling stones is considered the best solo spot for enchanters. Basement, North, and West all have numerous 4 mob rooms or encounters that are perfect for sending a pet in then getting everything rooted. It may be a bit overkill but I like to back pet a ton and AoE mez everything before rooting. Since mez is cheap mana wise and a fixed duration you should have enough time to get them all rooted before mez wears off ensuring you get them situated how you want them. Then get them all tash. It is also nice because if you get a charm break before you get everything rooted it is much easier to handle since your mez will land before they get to you. You also get to theft of thought all the skeletons.

Also, your comment on using multiple nukes is why I recommended the goblin gazughi ring earlier. You should have 3 different nukes that you know exactly where they are in your spell book and use whichever one you need to secure a full exp kill. With Gazughi ring you should never have a problem breaking below 5% (much lower if charming against a single mob).

oldschoolguy
02-05-2022, 12:07 PM
I know you don’t like the ring, but that ring is huge help. Let’s you time charm break when mobs are low enough for lower level filler nuke. Plus frees up spell slot.

Enchanter is already a pain with spell swapping, this reduces it by 1 for convenience as well. This is gotta be the most stressful class to play, so anything simplifying slightly helps a lot. And if you ever play another charm class you will already have a ring for them.

ScottBerta
02-28-2022, 02:33 PM
Don’t send your pet in on a bunch of mobs as you stated. Lull, calm, pacify.. whatever you prefer to use and get the mobs pulled one at a time. This just reduces the chance of dying given a break. I know you said you like to root but if charm breaks right when your engaging a group of mobs.. good luck with 900hp.

wagorf
03-02-2022, 03:49 AM
i wonder how many of the folks here really play a 60 ench and solo/farm tough contents (SG, PoM, etc.)

HP is king for ench, period. If you think maxing cha means no break in charm or no critical resist in calm, then you are mistaken.

With 255 cha, at times I still get 4x charm breaks at PoM within a 60 sec timeframe. With 255 cha, I still get critical resist and aggro a train.

HP don't lie, staying alive is the most important. Dying = CR + waste time recovery + camp potentially get stolen.

PatChapp
03-02-2022, 09:23 AM
Don’t send your pet in on a bunch of mobs as you stated. Lull, calm, pacify.. whatever you prefer to use and get the mobs pulled one at a time. This just reduces the chance of dying given a break. I know you said you like to root but if charm breaks right when your engaging a group of mobs.. good luck with 900hp.

Killing 3-4 mobs at once isn't really challenging unless their very high level relative to the enchanter
The first pet dies very fast with 3 mobs on it, 2nd a bit slower and by the time your down to one mob you can just burn it down. It is much faster than killing 2,twice

oldschoolguy
03-18-2022, 05:02 PM
Nice! Will look into that, didn’t even realize those pieces existed…

Just FYI it's NODROP. and all no drop gear has no liquidity, and you'll replace it quickly if you ever hit planes or faction with giants/dragons. you are better off typically buying something that can be resold later, so the cost to you is 0. It's straight forward, you buy something that costs you 5k, but you sell it later when you get an upgrade and get your 5k back. NoDrop MQ's are a money pit, you waste plat on them and at most you'll just vendor it later when you get a real planar upgrade.

Your gear is good enough to get to 60 where you'll be able to get all that better planar stuff yourself anyway. Just my advice is to avoid NODROP MQ's, money down the drain.

unsunghero
07-24-2023, 07:40 PM
Ok gear update:

I’m really satisfied with what I could produce with exclusively budget EC tunnelquest gearing, I don’t group or raid. Nor do I camp expensive items (hate camping). I’m sitting at 249 cha (buffed), forget what hp/ac are atm but HP is not nearly as bad as it was

Suggestions on where to go from here? For sure is another Sarnak honor bracer (will put me over the CHA soft cap but that’s ok I can take from cha from main or offhand or something later). Then I was either thinking Cloak of the Maelstrom, Heiro cloak (would require lots of saving), or Thurg robe (the one with +75hp) MQ. Do you think I could buy a raid robe like thurg one for 30k? Or would it be more like 50k? Also thinking about some Iksar hide pants (the good ones with +cha) or something, haven’t seen it auctioned yet tho

These are on green btw

So far I’m rocking:

Earrings: Jade Inlaid and Earring of essence
Head: Ice Silk cap
Face: Stained cloth mask
Neck: Amulet of insight
Back: Loam
Shoulders: Loam
Chest: Blackened crystalline robe
Arms: Gatorscale
Legs: Drake hide
Waist: Loam
Wrists: Sarnak bracer of honor and Loam
Rings: 5/55’s
Mainhand: glamour rod
Offhand: crude stein
Range: Sarnak dagger

Only saved up ~3k again so far, so a ways to go, but wondering what to aim for next, gear-wise. I could try to get the spell Dictate, but I don’t really headhunt high value targets or raid, so I don’t see myself using it much atm, maybe at some future date. Already have Bedlam and don’t care much about VoG since I don’t raid

PatChapp
07-24-2023, 08:27 PM
I seen a thurg robe(on green) for sale today for 10k. It sold pretty quick though.
Usually they go for 20ish,but don't come up to often.
I would buy an ice silk robe in the meantime and resell it if you get an upgrade.

6neck loot rights seem to be around 8-10k and their a nice HP upgrade too.

Sandwich of foul smelling herbs are super cheap 5sta/50hp ranged. Just try not to eat it

DeathsSilkyMist
07-24-2023, 08:33 PM
I seen a thurg robe(on green) for sale today for 10k. It sold pretty quick though.
Usually they go for 20ish,but don't come up to often.
I would buy an ice silk robe in the meantime and resell it if you get an upgrade.

6neck loot rights seem to be around 8-10k and their a nice HP upgrade too.

Sandwich of foul smelling herbs are super cheap 5sta/50hp ranged. Just try not to eat it

Yeah I am running Ice Silk Robe, 6 Neck, and Sandwich on my Enchanter. It's nice.

I saw Unsunghero mention Cloak of the Maelstrom. I used that for a little while, but got annoyed at the weight. 20 stone is a lot for a noodle armed caster hehe.

Switched over to https://wiki.project1999.com/Slick_Leather_Courier%60s_Cape when a Chardok camper was nice enough to let me loot one for free. Not sure if people actually sell the LR (never seen it on Blue at least), but you could potentially hang out at Courier and check to see if someone's willing to let you loot it. Might get lucky!

PatChapp
07-24-2023, 08:39 PM
Yeah I am running Ice Silk Robe, 6 Neck, and Sandwich on my Enchanter. It's nice.

I saw Unsunghero mention Cloak of the Maelstrom. I used that for a little while, but got annoyed at the weight. Switched over to https://wiki.project1999.com/Slick_Leather_Courier%60s_Cape when a Chardok camper was nice enough to let me loot one for free. Not sure if people actually sell the LR (never seen it on Blue at least), but you could potentially hang out at Courier and check to see if someone's willing to let you loot it. Might get lucky!
Yeah those capes are pretty nice, easy to get if your dok factioned. When I was camping koros room I just let people loot the capes, I have seen someone try to sell one though
Eventually cloak of confusion is the go to but kinda pricey

unsunghero
07-24-2023, 08:56 PM

I saw Unsunghero mention Cloak of the Maelstrom. I used that for a little while, but got annoyed at the weight. 20 stone is a lot for a noodle armed caster hehe.

Switched over to https://wiki.project1999.com/Slick_Leather_Courier%60s_Cape when a Chardok camper was nice enough to let me loot one for free. Not sure if people actually sell the LR (never seen it on Blue at least), but you could potentially hang out at Courier and check to see if someone's willing to let you loot it. Might get lucky!

Holy crap that cloak is 20 weight?

Yea, pass :(

Most of my money-making is lugging gear to vendors to junk

Edit: yea that other cloak is nice, might have to see about that

I’m an hp junkie now, so that’s why I wasn’t super into ice silk robe, but maybe temporarily

unsunghero
07-24-2023, 08:59 PM
Now I’d have to figure out how to get to courier. Dislike chardok, it scares me…

PatChapp
07-24-2023, 09:00 PM
I used a regular old hooded black cape until I got my cloak of confusion. You won't be able to reasonably get to where the courier is without being factioned,die/drag or a coth

unsunghero
07-24-2023, 09:11 PM
I used a regular old hooded black cape until I got my cloak of confusion. You won't be able to reasonably get to where the courier is without being factioned,die/drag or a coth

oh dang :(

Definitely not factioned, I've killed so many sarnaks it's basically genocide

Maybe I'll just save for Heiro, at least it has xferrable value

PatChapp
07-24-2023, 09:15 PM
You could probably paci down to where most people kill it,but I don't think that's your jam.

unsunghero
07-24-2023, 09:49 PM
You could probably paci down to where most people kill it,but I don't think that's your jam.

Nah, I hate dying then not being able to play sitting with a thumb up my ass doing /who’s and begging rezzes for days

Might be playing the wrong class to not take chances but until I can find a reliable rezzer, I prefer to play it safe, usually outside

Edit: even outside, just had a moment where I can call a potential death. Had a blue con charmed pet hasted and with a torch. I accidentally pulled two adds instead of one, and as I was casting root I had a thought “if charm breaks right now I’m in really deep shit”

Well, guess what happened. Yup, broke right then. 3 mobs on me, one hasted with a torch, it was a miracle I got the stun off. And the reason for being an hp junkie becomes clear. Free rune and rune 3 were gone, and I was at 1 bubble of health when I regained control and mez blurred everything to reset :(

Even outside the shit can hit the fan

Toxigen
07-25-2023, 09:43 AM
Nah, I hate dying then not being able to play sitting with a thumb up my ass doing /who’s and begging rezzes for days

Might be playing the wrong class to not take chances but until I can find a reliable rezzer, I prefer to play it safe, usually outside

Edit: even outside, just had a moment where I can call a potential death. Had a blue con charmed pet hasted and with a torch. I accidentally pulled two adds instead of one, and as I was casting root I had a thought “if charm breaks right now I’m in really deep shit”

Well, guess what happened. Yup, broke right then. 3 mobs on me, one hasted with a torch, it was a miracle I got the stun off. And the reason for being an hp junkie becomes clear. Free rune and rune 3 were gone, and I was at 1 bubble of health when I regained control and mez blurred everything to reset :(

Even outside the shit can hit the fan

What level are you? Eat the death like a man. If you don't practice tight dungeon spaces now what are you going to do later when its even harder?

PatChapp
07-25-2023, 10:26 AM
If your really adverse to dieing just setup a cap mule on wc. If your gonna die just cap out,200p and minimal hassle.
If it's a popular spot like chardok I just die,but in annoying spots like pom it's handy

unsunghero
07-25-2023, 11:01 PM
What level are you? Eat the death like a man. If you don't practice tight dungeon spaces now what are you going to do later when its even harder?

I think I've died less than 10 times from 1-57 thus far

It's not the exp loss I mind, I'm just lazy and prefer to be bound near EC so that I can pounce on good deals easier. This means I'm bound worlds away from where I die (kunark or velious), and hate the travel time back

I practiced in Sol A and B extensively, gnomevision+pacify stuff. A tiny bit in CoM. That's about as high as I'm comfortable with thus far

I don't think even the best enchanters in the game are immune to high level dungeon solo deaths. I just don't want to deal with the hassle of using the leatherfoot raider cap yet. Also I don't have a GGR, which is really most useful in dungeon scenarios where you have a charmed pet being beat on by 3 mobs around it and need to break charm in a flash. So even if I did commit to doing high level dungeons, I would likely be losing charmed pets left and right

I don't even ever see myself being able to consistently use Rune 4, peridots are such a fuckin rip off IMO

Toxigen
07-26-2023, 08:33 AM
Do you not have an OT hammer?

Make sure you get Bedlam for 58. Total game changer.

unsunghero
07-26-2023, 11:08 AM
Do you not have an OT hammer?

Make sure you get Bedlam for 58. Total game changer.

Ya I have OT hammer but it would be on my body, I use it to bank since I still have the faction there

Ya one of the few good spells I have, and one of the only I didn’t overpay on (paid 15k, it still goes for about that)

Not like C2 which I paid 4k for and then quit and now it’s like 400p

Or Zumaik’s which I paid 8k for and now it goes for 2-3k :(

Buying spells at high initial prices and then quitting the game for a year as the price slowly goes down…

Toxigen
07-26-2023, 12:59 PM
You can make all that back while leveling at NG at 58. Ez pz

PatChapp
07-28-2023, 09:48 AM
You can make all that back while leveling at NG at 58. Ez pz

Yeah 8k-10k for bedlam on green, few bags at Ng easy peeze.

unsunghero
07-28-2023, 12:31 PM
Yeah 8k-10k for bedlam on green, few bags at Ng easy peeze.

If it involves camping then pass

Staring at an empty wall for hours is not how video games were meant to be played, even back then

Toxigen
07-28-2023, 01:33 PM
If it involves camping then pass

Staring at an empty wall for hours is not how video games were meant to be played, even back then

Its not. It can be an active spot to level at, or it can be a kill 3 bugs and AFK (or recover from a mistake / bad RNG) type of thing.

Its a fantastic XP with plat spot. But you'll have to actually play your class correctly to have some success there.

enjchanter
07-28-2023, 01:43 PM
keep in mind that if you die, you can get your corpse restored after a week if you still care about this game after a week

unsunghero
07-28-2023, 03:19 PM
keep in mind that if you die, you can get your corpse restored after a week if you still care about this game after a week

Ya, it’s funny every time I died on another continent I would be super pissed off (especially since it was often due to bullshit like disconnects or comp crashes)

And I always threw down my headset and said “well not playing this shit for a while”, and my next thought always was “yknow you can just take a week off and beg a gm to restore your body”

It’s always been tempting but felt exploitive and didn’t want to pester them ;)

PatChapp
07-28-2023, 06:47 PM
Seb Ng is a great camp 57-60. Can be as lazy or as active as you want.
Just killing the 3scarab spawns you average 750-1000p /hr and there's a near endless pile of frogs you can add in.
When I did it I would just break and reuse the same pet to get full xp from each. It's a simple,but not necessarily easy camp

Toxigen
08-01-2023, 11:36 AM
Seb Ng is a great camp 57-60. Can be as lazy or as active as you want.
Just killing the 3scarab spawns you average 750-1000p /hr and there's a near endless pile of frogs you can add in.
When I did it I would just break and reuse the same pet to get full xp from each. It's a simple,but not necessarily easy camp

The Krup roamer is the one thing that can catch a young enchanter off guard. The wizzy nukes hit like a dumptruck and the shaman slow is brutal. It makes for a great pet, though...especially if its a knight. You can charm it regardless and kill it off until you get a knight spawn...then you want to keep that one w/ blur heal-ups. Its pathing is perfect because you can mez it and re-charm without any other adds from NG safe spot.

I found it easier to just plow through the bugs, take the 50% xp loss, and then do some XP killing while waiting for the bugs to re-spawn. If anything goes wrong with less than 5 ish minutes to go to your bug pops just abort everything and get medded / set back up so you can insta-engage the first bug. Over time that will yield more bugs (gems) per session. There is also a potential 4th bug spawn behind the NG safe spot back towards entrance...the little 3 pack by the rock / split towards jail/ABC.

At 57/58 its pretty risky to clear down to try to get the Guardian / golem PH before the bugs pop...but once you're 59/60 your charms will hold a lot better (on the krup roamer) and can reliably full clear 3x bugs, a bunch of krups (haste belt), and the Seb Guardian which can drop Bedlam IIRC.

Absolutely superb "XP w/ plat making" camp for a solo enc. I spent a lot of hours there at 58/59 back before we had a discord to trade in and I hated the tunnel. Just being able to vendor gems and instantly gate back to Seb ent was awesome.

Disco bugs is a great option if NG is camped. Can get IFS there which is an easy 4-5k as well.

Seducio
08-01-2023, 12:40 PM
Kind of old school, but Efreeti and Imps in SolB is another good exp spot. Soloable. Great paced exp due to low old world mob HPs and semi decent loot if freeti starts popping with boots/ring

unsunghero
08-01-2023, 03:56 PM
Kind of old school, but Efreeti and Imps in SolB is another good exp spot. Soloable. Great paced exp due to low old world mob HPs and semi decent loot if freeti starts popping with boots/ring

I used to charm and haste the bats in there and use them to farm the gnolls. Just had to pray they didn’t do that sonic stun move or whatever on a charm break or I’d be almost dead before I could stun and re-charm. And can’t really troll form for hp regen in there easily because without shrink the space too tight

I always wanted to charm that spider, but I looked it up and his poison used to be able to kill my character with one single application. I might have enough health to survive it, but I always had a dream of getting some kind of consumable poison antidote potion and trying it

unsunghero
08-01-2023, 04:12 PM
I had only seen the efreeti one time back in the day (think I was around lev 49ish) when the guild I was in killed Nagafen after a quake. Was one of the few raids I ever did, and I didn’t really do anything other than buff some people, buffs that got overwritten by higher lev chanter buffs anyway. So essentially I did nothing

I remember being worried I would get lost in there and hated how everything saw through invis. I did farm the shit out of the gnolls and bats near the entrance though, probably killed dozens and dozens of those

Maybe now that I’m higher level I’ll try to explore a bit more

Seducio
08-01-2023, 04:29 PM
Using Pacify on the Imps is the way. You single pull them. Get everything on a timer. 22 min I think for the zone. A few imps near Efreeti are on 20 min if I recall. It takes a cycle or two to learn everything. Max Imp hits for 132 so is level 48. They are rogues so don't show your back to them. No casters except Efreeti which is a Level 50 Wizard who casts Ice Comet and is the biggest problem. Bedlam and haste + torch on Imp would make short work of him tho.

If you bring a duo partner like shaman, druid, cleric or anyone really it shouldn't be a problem at any point. CR can be a pain as you have to get back to your corpse without gear but once you're mid 50s it should be easy to Pacifiy even if naked.

They can take you to 60 no prob despite starting to green at 58 or 59 because respawns are so fast.

Vivitron
08-01-2023, 07:09 PM
You can ToT the fire elementals at efreeti too. Breaking in to the imp area is probably the trickiest part, if you aren't careful the roamers can social the second group of statics.

I've only done ng at 60 but it's a nice camp for reliable vendor plat without too much effort. The roamer can be 52 so cycle him till you get one you like. (Edit: I recommend to just forget about rune 3, always really but especially here. Rune 5 all the way. You'll get some resists on these mobs and need it, and you'll still come our way ahead.)

PatChapp
08-01-2023, 09:19 PM
I like the wizards at Ng, especially if your breaking for xp.
Constant stream of tot. Obviously best if they don't summon.

unsunghero
08-01-2023, 09:49 PM
You can ToT the fire elementals at efreeti too. Breaking in to the imp area is probably the trickiest part, if you aren't careful the roamers can social the second group of statics.

I've only done ng at 60 but it's a nice camp for reliable vendor plat without too much effort. The roamer can be 52 so cycle him till you get one you like. (Edit: I recommend to just forget about rune 3, always really but especially here. Rune 5 all the way. You'll get some resists on these mobs and need it, and you'll still come our way ahead.)

Ya I will probably only attempt at 60 as well

Through my entire chanter’s lifetime I have followed the guide to only charm mobs that are at the very bottom of the blue levels, basically 1-2 levels away from green. Those have the most reliable charm rates

I have almost never attempted to charm something even remotely close to my level, and it’s paid off with very few char lifetime deaths, and little in-game stress over near death experiences and deaths+CR nightmares

I also think peridots are a complete rip off. I carry about 10ish on me and only use when I get brought below half health, otherwise it’s rune 3

I know people will say I can make more money that I will spend on peridots but probably not initially, I will likely be burning through a lot trying to get down there or figure out what to do. I can be a slow learner and never had a char above level 40 before when the game came out, so none of this stuff is familiar 2 me

unsunghero
08-01-2023, 10:03 PM
If I am to be doing dangerous dungeon crawling I will also need a refresher on how to use /tar when the mob packs all start with “A [type]”

For example, let’s say there’s a pack of mobs in a room, one is “a gnoll” and one is “a bat”. If I just type “/tar a” it will pick the closest thing with a. So if I want to specify a different one, I know that “/tar a gnoll” doesn’t work, it will still only parse the “a”. I forget how to do spaces in mob names with the /tar command

I also need to get the spell, I think there is one (at work and can’t check) that lets me see through target’s eyes. That way I can cast that spell on something I can target with /tar, then use that spell to see through its eyes to see other stuff in the room, then either click them to target or use /tar command to pacify them

I need to figure both those things out before I even begin to try dangerous dungeon stuff. If people can dungeon crawl without those I’m down to hear other methods, but it won’t change that I still need to figure those out, the /tar command formatting and the mind vision or w/e spell. It’s bad enough I don’t know the layout of any of these dungeons, and I know the old devs looooooved their stupid invisible walls and pit traps too. Not excited about that either

Vivitron
08-01-2023, 11:26 PM
If I am to be doing dangerous dungeon crawling I will also need a refresher on how to use /tar when the mob packs all start with “A [type]”

For example, let’s say there’s a pack of mobs in a room, one is “a gnoll” and one is “a bat”. If I just type “/tar a” it will pick the closest thing with a. So if I want to specify a different one, I know that “/tar a gnoll” doesn’t work, it will still only parse the “a”. I forget how to do spaces in mob names with the /tar command

I also need to get the spell, I think there is one (at work and can’t check) that lets me see through target’s eyes. That way I can cast that spell on something I can target with /tar, then use that spell to see through its eyes to see other stuff in the room, then either click them to target or use /tar command to pacify them

I need to figure both those things out before I even begin to try dangerous dungeon stuff. If people can dungeon crawl without those I’m down to hear other methods, but it won’t change that I still need to figure those out, the /tar command formatting and the mind vision or w/e spell. It’s bad enough I don’t know the layout of any of these dungeons, and I know the old devs looooooved their stupid invisible walls and pit traps too. Not excited about that either
Substitute underscore for space in /tar.

Cast sight / bind sight are the vision spells. It's an important spell line but you won't need it to get to ng.

To target the second pair of mobs inch up along the far wall from the one you are targeting, and you can target its side before its center can see you. I usually levitate and wait for pathers to avoid any mobs between the 3 spawn and ng. That leaves 11 mobs in the way, maybe about 3 or so of them on average see invis.

unsunghero
08-02-2023, 12:06 AM
Substitute underscore for space in /tar.

Cast sight / bind sight are the vision spells. It's an important spell line but you won't need it to get to ng.

To target the second pair of mobs inch up along the far wall from the one you are targeting, and you can target its side before its center can see you. I usually levitate and wait for pathers to avoid any mobs between the 3 spawn and ng. That leaves 11 mobs in the way, maybe about 3 or so of them on average see invis.

Ty ty

unsunghero
08-02-2023, 12:07 AM
Oh yea oops Mind Vision is the WoW priest spell

I played way more WoW than EQ…

PatChapp
08-02-2023, 06:20 AM
If you goto Ng,there's a safe spot once your there. Gnome up and tuck into the corner, you can't miss it. From that spot you can charm the pather without any adds. It's also a safe spot to camp if you want to camp your pet rather than break and reset it.

The main mobs at NG are 3 scarabs. You dont need any pacifying to pull them,only the first 2 are agro linked the third doesn't have line of sight
I root the first one,paralyzing or fetter if your high enough. Tash it, run back to your pet
Scarabs move slow,so you have lots of time once the second starts moving to you. They aren't high Mr mobs so usually the root lasts through the first kill.

Easy kills otherwise,even the lowest lvl pather with rip through them. You don't need to haste it,just a torch.
Bring lots of empty bags, Ng will fill you up quick with gems

unsunghero
09-08-2023, 02:43 PM
Gear update: Got some hot new pants, rings, bracers. All tunnelquested, no grouping, no raiding, no camping

Head: ice silk
Neck: amulet of insight
Earrings: blazing energy/jade inlaid
Shoulders: loam
Chest: blackened crystalline
Arms: Gaaatorade
Cloak: loam
Hands: coldain skin
Waist: loam
Legs: tanned Iksar thighs
Bracers: Sarnak honor x2
Rings: 6/65 x2
Main: glamour shots
Off: crude
Ranged: Sarnak dagger

Away from home atm so can’t log in, but if I recall stats were (self-buffed):

HP: 1473
Ac: 630

Int: 166
Cha: 255

I need a cheap way to get more cha without losing survivability because I eventually want to try to get an insignia protector for offhand (even though it’s expensive as F, it looks cool ableit kinda fotm), or I may give up and go with the other high AC offhand with decent surv stats but no cha, the name escapes me. Either way, losing the stein is a -10cha at least to make up for elsewhere

I know neriad shawl would help make up future cha loss but no way in hell I’m taking my noob ass soloing in SG yet, and I don’t like the idea of hanging at the ent begging to pay for loot rights. But maybe I will eventually go for it

Haven’t seen the 6neck LR auctioned much on green, that seems to be hard to find. Also wanted to maybe one day replace mainhand with a non-epic, I see some cool lookin sword in some enchanter vids, but I bet that some raid drop

unsunghero
09-08-2023, 05:23 PM
^
Forgot face: stained cloth
boots: loam

PatChapp
09-08-2023, 05:45 PM
^
Forgot face: stained cloth
boots: loam

Neriad shawl is going to be your best bet. Loot rights seem to be in the 5k range, advertised alot in the green trade disc
Your gears lookin good dude,almost to the point you need raid stuff if you care to go further. You don't need to,you'll be able to enchanter just fine as is

unsunghero
09-08-2023, 10:39 PM
Neriad shawl is going to be your best bet. Loot rights seem to be in the 5k range, advertised alot in the green trade disc
Your gears lookin good dude,almost to the point you need raid stuff if you care to go further. You don't need to,you'll be able to enchanter just fine as is

Yea ty this would normally be where a lot of players might start hoarding money for alts

But I can still think of a few hella expensive upgrades: Insig protector, heiro cloak or that cloak with cha that comes off Dain or something, neriad shawl, writ of di’zok or a diff ranged with better surv, spiked seahorse or a diff belt, etc

Assuming I could make up the cha elsewhere and couldn’t find a MQ for chest, alendine robe seems to have decent surv, just not a big fan of the look

Toxigen
09-09-2023, 06:09 AM
You can farm a hiero cloak yourself.

unsunghero
09-09-2023, 11:06 AM
You can farm a hiero cloak yourself.

Hmm I dunno, two things I lack are skills and patience, it a long camp you think?

PatChapp
09-09-2023, 12:52 PM
Hmm I dunno, two things I lack are skills and patience, it a long camp you think?

Can be but it's very easy. Single mob no adds, couple pacis to bring the pet in
You'll need stalking probes to trick the door into crypt

If you use the pathing krup,which I tend to, you need to engage and bring the hiero back onto the wall before your pet roots it.
The golems outside will ch if your in the middle of close to the door

unsunghero
09-09-2023, 01:19 PM
Can be but it's very easy. Single mob no adds, couple pacis to bring the pet in
You'll need stalking probes to trick the door into crypt

If you use the pathing krup,which I tend to, you need to engage and bring the hiero back onto the wall before your pet roots it.
The golems outside will ch if your in the middle of close to the door

Meh, not a big fan of those hacks, but ty for the information

The only thing I gonna be stalking probing is Toxigen’s ass

PatChapp
09-09-2023, 01:52 PM
Meh, not a big fan of those hacks, but ty for the information

The only thing I gonna be stalking probing is Toxigen’s ass

Well,a rogue could also let you in just probes are more convenient

Seducio
09-09-2023, 07:30 PM
Besides rogue and illusion/door/eye trick you can also die on one side of door and have friend necro on other side /corpse you across and res you. Or a CotH mage works to get past door too. Easiest if Mage or Nec is in crypt group.

If you shout in ooc you can sometimes find someone in zone who will log in their alt Rogue briefly to do it, but usually on their time.

Toxigen
09-10-2023, 11:04 AM
this guy aint farmin a heiro cloak himself hes scared to do ng

unsunghero
09-10-2023, 01:54 PM
this guy aint farmin a heiro cloak himself hes scared to do ng

Still need the other halfa my key