PDA

View Full Version : Finally reinstalled P99 on my 3070

starkind
11-12-2021, 02:08 PM
https://i.imgur.com/DoW3Op2.png

got textures updated and working I guess

no keybinds tho :p still arrow keys and confused as to how to even play this game again

starkinds on green 99 i may make her pvp and play with a friend or roll an ikky war and make pvp and play with friend on green i like RED99 and we need a new RED ASAP i just want the option to pvp when i want to pvp we could have like a green99 pvp fight club with untwinkeed or 'normal powered casual characters' in a guild

it'll probably stop me from making my custom server tho :( because i will be addicted and using EQ as an excuse to get exercise at my kewl new standing desk

Gustoo
11-12-2021, 02:17 PM
You finished TLP?

It's hard for me to adapt EQ controls to modern world. I like to type a lot so arrow keys work pretty good and I just gotta move my left hand over all the time to mouselook + arrows.

Hotkeys are another story those gotta be year 2050 advanced tech for winning :P

unsunghero
11-12-2021, 02:18 PM
My only char on green is 45, druid duo's well with enchanter, when you get around there lemme know on forum

45 is a hell level but I'm crushing through it, half way through in just 3 days of casual play. It might be hard to catch up with me leveling like this, but fear not when nilbog decides to nerf enchanters because of old fuzzy memories of "classic", i'll reroll iksar necro

Gustoo
11-12-2021, 02:35 PM
No one levels 1-40 like starkind.

Jimjam
11-12-2021, 02:39 PM
No one levels 1-40 like starkind.

Truely a force to be reckoned with.

Jimjam
11-12-2021, 02:39 PM
:D

Gustoo
11-12-2021, 03:12 PM
O ya grats on the standing desk.

Next they will make an automatically raising and declining desk so you have to do squats to play

starkind
11-12-2021, 04:22 PM
ya TLP is hella good bigggg timesink tho and mostly solo journey were i'm kinda stuck at in the 80's

so here we go again

like i said this is my excuse to stand up

i will hopefully get to a point were i refuse to play sitting

it's rough af tho, i get about 35 minutes of standing on a good day when i'm rested

unsunghero
11-12-2021, 06:17 PM
I hate standing personally

I could run longer than I could stand in place, or that’s how it feels

Jibartik
11-12-2021, 06:19 PM
I had a standing desk for the last year, I started getting back problems for the first time in my life so I thought I would give one a go. I been so good about it, but in the end, I noticed no change that the standing desk gave me with regards to my back pain, so I chucked it and just work really hard on having good posture, and getting up often to avoid work at all costs.

Its great to be back in a desk chair, one of my favorite places.

unsunghero
11-12-2021, 06:30 PM
I had a standing desk for the last year, I started getting back problems for the first time in my life so I thought I would give one a go. I been so good about it, but in the end, I noticed no change that the standing desk gave me with regards to my back pain, so I chucked it and just work really hard on having good posture, and getting up often to avoid work at all costs.

Its great to be back in a desk chair, one of my favorite places.

If you’re having back problems the best thing to do would probably be to strengthen your core

I like to picture my muscle as the armor that surrounds and supports my bones. If your daily activities are putting too mush stress on your bones and joints, then you need to improve your RL armor class, which means strengthen the muscles around those bones

This was the way I was able to completely eliminate shin splits (turns out it’s not your shoes or your shoe inserts, it’s your leg muscles), and knee problems from hiking downhill. I did this by strengthening the muscles supporting the bones and with the knees also concentrating on using the quad and glute muscle to slowly hold the body’s weight each step so that none comes down on the knee. It made hiking downhill a lot slower and less fun, but also made my knee pain disappear. When you weigh 200lbs, you can’t just float downhill like some of these guys at 160lbs are doing…

So for you doing planks, sit ups, side sit ups, side planks, just look up core muscle strengthening exercises on YouTube, none should require any equipment, just your own body weight. Really good chance your back problems will vanish

starkind
11-12-2021, 09:39 PM
If you’re having back problems the best thing to do would probably be to strengthen your core

I like to picture my muscle as the armor that surrounds and supports my bones. If your daily activities are putting too mush stress on your bones and joints, then you need to improve your RL armor class, which means strengthen the muscles around those bones

This was the way I was able to completely eliminate shin splits (turns out it’s not your shoes or your shoe inserts, it’s your leg muscles), and knee problems from hiking downhill. I did this by strengthening the muscles supporting the bones and with the knees also concentrating on using the quad and glute muscle to slowly hold the body’s weight each step so that none comes down on the knee. It made hiking downhill a lot slower and less fun, but also made my knee pain disappear. When you weigh 200lbs, you can’t just float downhill like some of these guys at 160lbs are doing…

So for you doing planks, sit ups, side sit ups, side planks, just look up core muscle strengthening exercises on YouTube, none should require any equipment, just your own body weight. Really good chance your back problems will vanish

Really good advice.

I have a pretty bad back injury which I really don't want to go into surgery for. Ya I tend to try to walk as much as possible. Standing in one position isn't that healthy either. I can stand and walk around every few minutes at least if I'm not on a conference call.

Remember when I said I was dying? It's been pretty touch and go. This last month I've made huge gains. Things are looking up. I'm paying for the gains, they're worth it though.

I still spend over 75% of my time in bed or out in a lawn chair to get some fresh air and nature.

It's a real struggle to even sit at my desk for a 30 minute call. I was taking all of my appointments laying in bed the first half of the year.

So hopefully I can sit, stand more. The desk is electric and it's been nice. I need motivation to exercise. And it's challenging enough to just get dressed and go down to the end of the driveway. Being able to stand up an hour each day will be amazing.

What I need to do is do that core work.

I was doing A LOT of yoga and core. I had a really great routine, I know the best stretches, pilates, exercises etc, it's really frustrating how hard it is to even do child's pose right now, I've been doing a little more each week. It's scary how bad it is and how hard it is to make even the littlest gains. I'm fighting for them. And I'm doing it. I've got three really great books on it. I've had for years. Like I cherish these books. It's frustrating being broken. After being so athletic and strong :(

I used to be 150 and run 6 miles in 2018-19. I'm stupid and I hurt myself badly. Don't ever do that :( it's not worth it if you survive.

When I built this desk it took over 12 hrs and I was on the ground a lot crunched in agony even with help. Like I just had to get in a legs elevated flat back pose until I could move again and my muscles let me. I did it anyway.

I'm really proud of this desk. It's hard as fuck to stand up. It's the best exercise I can do afaik right now though. Aside from maybe using my rubber bands in bed or a chair or walking or doing some squats/stretches with a chair. I can do some light activity for like 30 minutes. Like carrying a single grocery bag or squatting to play with cats or moving chairs around. Just going to the movie theatre that one day to see dune had me shuffling across the parking lot like a total cripple. Something that I've dreaded my whole life and at the top of the list of reasons why I wanted to quit and die. I'm not doing that though. Sucked it up. Shuffled and got through it. A few days later I was moving better again. It's not game over yet even with con 7, dex 6.

I'm having really good days. This desk is awesome. Showers are still hard. A lot easier then they where.

starkind
11-13-2021, 11:38 AM
so i was messing around on starkind just making buttons and mous clicking and u know ur guardian angel is with u when u are at 1 hp after killing a giant rat in qeynos hills and u weren't even paying attention to anything

maybe it's just best to never look at your hp bars :p

Jimjam
11-13-2021, 01:50 PM
Have you joined the growing red community on green?

starkind
11-14-2021, 02:11 PM
I did!!!

I also did like 30 or 40 laps (I walked around my driveway and back yard like a zombie for 30 minutes!)

*claps*

Join the Red Green Initiative (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394647)today!

And one of my cats ate a piece of fried plantain I accidently dropped.

also I rebound keys,

there's room for binds on 1, 2, and 3

idk what to do with those keys :p

also i'm very very bad at jousting I have a pink hotkey named joust though!

starkind
11-14-2021, 02:51 PM
here's a picture of my joust key :D

it's the E key!

https://i.imgur.com/enWK9FB.png

unsunghero
11-14-2021, 09:33 PM
All of a sudden I’ve noticed there’s more buttons per hokey window than there used to be. 4 more?

That’s pretty nifty, can move /pet guard here and /pet follow off action bar 2

Might even be able to figure out a quick swap for goblin gazuki ring if I ever decide to buy it. Thus far I’ve been fine charm soloing using just good old fashioned invis to break, haven’t needed it

starkind
11-14-2021, 09:35 PM
All of a sudden I’ve noticed there’s more buttons per hokey window than there used to be. 4 more?

That’s pretty nifty, can move /pet guard here and /pet follow off action bar 2

Might even be able to figure out a quick swap for goblin gazuki ring if I ever decide to buy it. Thus far I’ve been fine charm soloing using just good old fashioned invis to break, haven’t needed it
There's a bug. They still aren't working. So I'm sticking with the old school 6 mode.

And, yeah, can totally get by without clicky. Clicky is divine tho :D

unsunghero
11-14-2021, 10:15 PM
There's a bug. They still aren't working. So I'm sticking with the old school 6 mode.

And, yeah, can totally get by without clicky. Clicky is divine tho :D

/pet guard here

Step away 15 paces. Invis->GCD reset->root->GCD reset->discordant mind

Can’t miss what ya never had :)