PDA

View Full Version : Why does mez sometimes seem to never blur a particular mob?

unsunghero
11-10-2021, 10:14 PM
I never bother to spellswap mem blur (I don't think I even bought it), because mez is normally so effective at blurring. I hear that your charisma helps, and I have about 230 buffed so mez blurs way more than 50% of the time it feels like

But occasionally some mob will seem bugged to where it is just immune to blur from mez. I think I've attempted like 15 times in a row before just giving up and dealing with the mob in some other way, and this has happened on a few occasions

I am not standing in aggro distance, nor is anything socially aggro'ing it. I also haven't put any debuffs on it, although I have countless times been able to blur mobs after hitting them with wandering mind. It's a great way to get some mana on the go, just mez a nearby caster, then wandering mind it, then mez it again. You should get back more mana than you spent on the mez's. So I don't think having a debuff up should prevent mez from blurring, only a damaging dot should do that, but regardless, no debuffs up sometimes and mez still won't blur

Is the game RNG seed just getting stuck? Or am I just paying more attention to when I get really incredibly unlucky?

Twochain
11-11-2021, 11:54 PM
stand away from them

Stonewallx39
11-17-2021, 08:47 PM
I also heard standing behind the mobs LOS helps with blur, haven’t personally corroborated that one though.

But also just buy mem blur…

Tunabros
11-17-2021, 08:48 PM
you're too close to the mob

Jimjam
11-18-2021, 01:56 PM
Could you or your pet have dotted the mezzed mob? Some enc debuffs have dot component.

Videri
11-18-2021, 02:33 PM
Do you paci before memblurring? That would prevent it from re-aggroing if that is, in fact, the problem.

Jimjam
11-18-2021, 03:17 PM
You say you’re not standing in aggro distance - are you sotting? Is your pet nearby?

wwoneo
11-20-2021, 09:08 PM
Magic resist affects the chance of the mob blurring. Put tash + pacify on it first. Higher MR mobs are more difficult to blur.

Jimjam
11-23-2021, 05:13 AM
What was the name of the mob in question?