PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder:Wrath of the Righteous

starkind
11-06-2021, 02:15 PM
i'll let u know how kewl it is after i play it a bit

seems to scratch that BG itch. maybe i'll roll an asssss-imar with like 20 charisma and 10 str/dex/con/ and then cry about it being to hard and just rely on the rest of my party being minmaxed

it was either that or BG3 and while BG3 looks quite impressive it's as yet 'unfinished' hoping for more from it before i sink my teeth into an 'indevelopment game'

i didn't realize this existed until doing a thorough search and getting nostalgiac from replaying bg:ee which i have 800 hrs in now lol (yes i'm crazy, i just reroll and clear all the maps up -to the city over and over)

Jibartik
11-06-2021, 02:19 PM
Nice I tried the D&D one with the amazing trailer and the mind flayers, I forget the name, it was so janky compared to the quality of the trailers that I haaaaated it.

This one looks more modest, which means maybe it's actually going to deliver?

starkind
11-06-2021, 02:22 PM
ya idk honestly i'm looking for wow offline single player plz let me roll a pretty void elf priest and just romance the npcs cuz in real life human relationships and raids are too much trouble with other living players :p :D <3

:smooches in celestial:

Jibartik
11-06-2021, 02:23 PM
Outward right? That one is still on my top shelf! I haven't played the expansion. It's lowkey one of the funnest experiences I've had playing games in my life!

Great single player MMO style exploration and faction story to grind through.

The only thing I wish, was that it was an MMO!

nN8fSxg7cEs

starkind
11-06-2021, 04:48 PM
Outward right? That one is still on my top shelf! I haven't played the expansion. It's lowkey one of the funnest experiences I've had playing games in my life!

Great single player MMO style exploration and faction story to grind through.

The only thing I wish, was that it was an MMO!

nN8fSxg7cEs

Yeah. This is lowkey fun for sure. I have this one and it took me several days to survive the trek to the desert city. And it's a little flexible each playthrough.

Rated 6/10 in my book because it's somewhat linear, restrictive if I don't want to fail certain quests. Though there are still plenty of ways to play, or solve the subjects. The survival aspect can be tedious and the combat is sometimes "hard".

I should try it again on a lower difficulty setting.. the characters in outward are all pretty cool and I love the survival aesthetics, initial realism. Like having a wearable pack. And sun protection. There's not a ton of character creation options and depth tho. It sticks to its archetypes and does them well. Without much versatility though. I like developing really complex deep strategic characters around a more personalized theme.

Anyway I went exploring in the later chapters of outward somewhere I wasn't kitted out for and got absolutely murdered. So I kinda just never loaded the save again and irl took over.

Good game tho. Great potential. The idea is absolutely sound. Would recommend. Better than morrowind. Worse than designing your own game or a 4x, grand strategy game :p

Jibartik
11-06-2021, 05:11 PM
Im re-installing because of this thread haha Hope my save is still there.

starkind
11-07-2021, 10:38 AM
Im re-installing because of this thread haha Hope my save is still there.

tell us what you think!

--------

so for P:WoTR

so far:

I have played about 8 hrs, 4 of that was character creation *drooooooooooolz*

I got through the tutorial in the other 2 hrs and it wasn't super boring the dialogue is fun and there is a lot of fun meaningful things in the game i feel like alignment actchually matters so it's going to be an effort to remain 'true neutral'. I rolled a lame oracle who's got an str of 8 and is so encumbered she can move like 10ft per round in combat it's epic lols however that encumberance penalty will go away eventchually so that'll be nice, i wanted to do empyrean sorcerer so bad, the other tempting choice for me was white mage although everyone bitches about that one i'll probalby end up playing this game and beating it or getting halfway through it 3 times

i worship the god of death aka the reaper tho she's not like 'evul' and i can heal/harm a lot with my class choice, i picked a skeleton day of the dead facepaint for my ass---imar she's a super nice gal so far off on a quest to save malformed children who are like an allegory for all poor wretched creatures everywhere and i was already betrayed by one stupid ass hot npc every boi is gonna thirst after and get lured to

for a game made by a russian studio p emppressed

the cons:
holy fucking shit balls the interface is a downgrade from bg series, it shows a ton more information tho i think i'll get used to it
why the fuck is the viewing area so small, it's neat that everything is threee D and the shadows and lighting are pretty and it requires a modern computer and it's shiny and i even got to see a pretty skybox when i was topside and there was an animation for it but really the game feels claustrophobic for a modern strategy game - i feel like the whole interface and gameworld while super detailed and cool is a step back from even the old days when we only had ascii graphics for like ADOM.

Well. I'm looking forward to the story it's hinting at a lot of intrigue and I met some interesting and not at all childlike characters and it's not uneccissarily dark i would say so far the prologues writing is like fallout level.

It's a pretty game.
It's fun in turn based mode I haven't played much in the other mode.
It's slow because my dislexic ass is sitting around thinking for 40 minutes what button to mouse click.

I think it's definately an upgrade from bg1 so far.

Cecily
11-07-2021, 10:55 AM
Wasn't outward the gothic rip off everyone lied was good awhile ago? Still kinda salty about buying that.

starkind
11-07-2021, 11:08 AM
it's mediocre in some ways ya definately bad if it's not your cup of tea i can totally respect your opinion Cecily

I still want to go back and replay it

IMO it's better than gothic was... i'm a bit jaded tho because i didn't really get that deep into gothic and did other games like might and magic or w/e the one were u could skill tree and had the cool destructable environments and climbing/jumping puzzles and fuck over the guards with like an ice spell - gothic was a little bit before my time i'm not cool

-outward- suffers from 'novice game design' and taking the easy route to 'solve environmental problems' it's cookiecutter unity engine game mechanics which could be definately immersion breaking, it harkens back to the ultima style days were u had a dialog box to tell you you found a clue or could jump a chasm tho i mean it's not all bad - tell us more about why you HATE outward cecily, i like hearing these things!

annywayyyy - back to pathfinder! Lann is an honorary girl in my very girly by default party :D even tho he dad joked!

Cecily
11-07-2021, 11:41 AM
Chunky character aesthetics. I don't remember much else besides I didn't like it. My primary complaint was instead of being given the option to play as a svelte elf, I was forced to use refrigerator character models and telephone pole weaponry much like I disliked with gothic and IRL.

Jibartik
11-07-2021, 12:24 PM
Chunky character aesthetics. I don't remember much else besides I didn't like it. My primary complaint was instead of being given the option to play as a svelte elf, I was forced to use refrigerator character models and telephone pole weaponry much like I disliked with gothic and IRL.

It's literally the same as new world and everyone is playing new world.

You cant expect not chunky characters if you enjoy EQ gameplay. :o

I remember my friend had same reaction, this big ugly guy I know, he was like ,these graphics look like shit, and Im like well Im able to see the beauty in you why cant you do it to this??

It's a beutiful game give it a chance the music, the vistas, the missions, trust me it's the soul that counts not the face!

(also my friend loves new world makes me so angry)

also the intro/tutorial to new world is exactly the same as Outward. I legit think the losers at amazon tried to clone outward lmao

starkind
11-07-2021, 12:29 PM
i hate new world so i feel u there 2 cecily lol and i havent even played it the screenshots made me cringe hard

it's not a big selling point but i picked the female pious voice...

and she says something along the lines of 'i wasn't born righteous, i became righteous, so therefore everything i do must be righteous, right?!' i was like lol it was delivered better by the character i just about died (was right after killing some stupid cultist mongrels :( :( :( tooo bad there's no way to save them) my goal was to be more of a pacifist, but alas, in a strategy game unless u cheese there isn't always an option to be suuuper sneaky and avoid combat all the time

my excuse... but they were KOS!!!

starkind
11-07-2021, 05:34 PM
so like the 1st dungeon was pretty neat and scary. I guess i don't suck that bad at this game cuz i haven't wiped yet :p

Whale biologist
11-07-2021, 05:53 PM
Elf game? Does it have elves?

starkind
11-08-2021, 08:53 AM
lots of elves tbqh and dragons and assimar and tieflings and half elves and maybe not drow i didn't check drow

dhampir those!!

i think dark elfs aren't special and u can just be an evil elf

a few other things like oread (rock ppl) and some other ones i can't remember very competative with the nwn2 options

no svirfneblin or deuregar tho

starkind
11-08-2021, 09:41 AM
Elf game? Does it have elves?

nope just standard elves and half elves

there's a lot more options to be extraplaner ppl in that setting