PDA

View Full Version : EQ Spells, IRL

Trexller
11-05-2021, 05:19 AM
If you could choose one EQ spell to be a real life ability, what would you choose and why?

Mem blur? charm? cure disease? Rez? Gate? Divine intervention?

pretty sure I'd pick Gate, the ultimate "F this im out" ability

nostalgiaquest
11-05-2021, 05:41 AM
selos song of travel would be pretty sweet. Run fast, invis, levitate. I wonder, would it still work if you got on rollerblades or a bike? And it works on a group!

Jibartik
11-05-2021, 06:13 AM
Rez how could I not? I guess with nobody to rez myself it would just be a fun 50 years for the world while they fought for my hands maybe it's a curse not a blessing ok yeah divine intervention. Complete heal might be nice.

Jimjam
11-05-2021, 06:49 AM
Sentinel

starkind
11-05-2021, 08:37 AM
teleport to west commons so i could buy the rest of my spells in freeport :p

Trexller
11-05-2021, 08:53 AM
Sentinel

Interesting choice, alot of us naturally have a sense when we are being watched tho, how would you use Spell: Sentinel irl?

teleport to west commons so i could buy the rest of my spells in freeport :p

sort of missed the spirit of this thought experiment, also where would you get the platinum pieces needed to purchase spells in freeport? gonna saw off some catalytic convertors?

nostalgiaquest
11-05-2021, 09:37 AM
DMF water breathing would be cool. And since you get the power of the dead, would you be able to avoid the bends?

Toxigen
11-05-2021, 10:39 AM
Could definitely make a lot of money with Rez / DI.

Selo's would be pretty dope...bringing friends along and such.

Even summon food / drink would be pretty baller.

I wonder how evacuate would work...and without bind affinity...would gate / TL:Bind send you to where you were born?

GinnasP99
11-05-2021, 10:45 AM
Eye of zomm, for uhhhh, nvm

Jimjam
11-05-2021, 10:56 AM
Could definitely make a lot of money with Rez / DI.

Selo's would be pretty dope...bringing friends along and such.

Even summon food / drink would be pretty baller.

I wonder how evacuate would work...and without bind affinity...would gate / TL:Bind send you to where you were born?

Perhaps gate would dump you in a maternity ward?
Bind affinity would be OP as it would let you respawn IRL instead of heading to the afterlife ... then again you would be ‘locked out of heaven”.

Jimjam
11-05-2021, 10:57 AM
Interesting choice, alot of us naturally have a sense when we are being watched tho, how would you use Spell: Sentinel irl?

So I don’t get caught with my pants down.

Whale biologist
11-05-2021, 11:00 AM
Sentinel

So I don’t get caught with my pants down.

https://i.imgur.com/nhzEwbZ.png

Gustoo
11-05-2021, 11:25 AM
We already talked about this and the best Irl spell would be invigor

Chortles Snortles
11-05-2021, 11:30 AM
coomer

unsunghero
11-05-2021, 11:47 AM
Charm would be pretty fucked up to use IRL

I still remember when my enchanter was a newbie in P99 I had semi-befriended this druid who would camp one of the HG’s in west karana close to where I was camping 2 separate bandit camps

I farmed those bandits so much that I made ~3000pp from their sashes by around level 10. So by the time I got charm at level 12 I already had like 180+ charisma from gear bought in the EC tunnel, and that helped make charm fairly reliable right from the start

I remember I used to charm the caster bandits who at that camp were always females wearing bikinis, because they were the strongest bandit and best at killing the others. I remember as I was taking one of them from one camp to another I stopped at the druid as he was sitting there

“Have you met my new girlfriend?” I asked him in /say. He laughed. Right then charm broke and the bandit started attacking me

“Baby, no” I typed in /say, as I re-charmed her. I then said “we have our occasional arguments and fights but deep down she really loves me”. And he laughed again

So yeah not gonna bother going into how fucked up charm IRL would be with the idea of consent, I think it goes without saying lol

wuanahto
11-05-2021, 11:50 AM
Enchant Silver
make irl Mithril
die as a Smith. Armor, melee weapons, guns and ammo. Whatever man.

Gustoo
11-05-2021, 11:52 AM
Even all the memblurs you can do and charms you can do in IRL won't make up for just feeling lack of motivation / stamina to keep living life.

Ever feel an epiphany that lets you be creative / solve problems / do the work you need to do and you just cut through it like butter?

Thats what you get with invigor. WOOSH its like you just woke up from the best nights sleep you've ever had on the right side of the bed to the sound of a hummingbird on a tropical island.

wuanahto
11-05-2021, 11:56 AM
invigor.

I legit thought that people just say Invigor so they can masturbate nonstop with enough hydration

Toxigen
11-05-2021, 12:04 PM
Perhaps gate would dump you in a maternity ward?
Bind affinity would be OP as it would let you respawn IRL instead of heading to the afterlife ... then again you would be ‘locked out of heaven”.

IRL death loop at your bind point would suck ass

de-leveled massively in front of tov before - dont want irl

Toxigen
11-05-2021, 12:05 PM
Even all the memblurs you can do and charms you can do in IRL won't make up for just feeling lack of motivation / stamina to keep living life.

Ever feel an epiphany that lets you be creative / solve problems / do the work you need to do and you just cut through it like butter?

Thats what you get with invigor. WOOSH its like you just woke up from the best nights sleep you've ever had on the right side of the bed to the sound of a hummingbird on a tropical island.

Aye. Thats a good point. Definitely a top tier choice.

nostalgiaquest
11-05-2021, 12:06 PM
i feel like if you could rez IRL you'd be snatched up and kept in a cage by the Illuminati

Nark_Sinseeker
11-05-2021, 12:13 PM
We already talked about this and the best Irl spell would be invigor

Must not have been a very good discussion, as Acumen would be better (field of view + night vision + stamina regen). Besides endurance wouldn't allow you to do anything particularly different - you can just do more of the things you already can. If you were a fat, lazy slob, having infinite endurance won't be habit changing. Even if cast on others it wouldn't change the world. More utility would exist in cure disease, objectively speaking.

Personally, I strive to extend my healthy years as long as possible. So something like Avatar (superhuman stat boost) or Divine Intervention (if on death I just get a full-health reset) would be best. Akin to immortality if used into perpetuity - Bleeding out? 6 second cast time and you're good for 10 mins. Serious illness? cast it and suicide.

Fun thought experiment. May change my mind based on other's answers. Invis sounds fun at first glimpse but infra-red or similar technology would likely defeat it.

Gustoo
11-05-2021, 01:44 PM
Must not have been a very good discussion, as Acumen would be better (field of view + night vision + stamina regen). Besides endurance wouldn't allow you to do anything particularly different - you can just do more of the things you already can. If you were a fat, lazy slob, having infinite endurance won't be habit changing. Even if cast on others it wouldn't change the world. More utility would exist in cure disease, objectively speaking.

Personally, I strive to extend my healthy years as long as possible. So something like Avatar (superhuman stat boost) or Divine Intervention (if on death I just get a full-health reset) would be best. Akin to immortality if used into perpetuity - Bleeding out? 6 second cast time and you're good for 10 mins. Serious illness? cast it and suicide.

Fun thought experiment. May change my mind based on other's answers. Invis sounds fun at first glimpse but infra-red or similar technology would likely defeat it.

Any of the spells that incorporate infinite stamina would be equal to invigor of course.

With infinite vigor your body could heal itself and you would live to be 150 anyways.

The previous discussion was more about how when it comes to real life - spells that are not even used in EQ like invigor end up being pretty OP.

I think the though call would be between a mental spell and a physical spell. Both are connected but some people struggle more with one than the other. If you always had the mental feeling of clarity / enlightenment you could do much with life and even theoretically control a lot of your physical body directly and produce stamina etc.

Jimjam
11-05-2021, 03:12 PM
Imagine being able to sprint and swim untiring. Get by on minimal sleep. Not need recovery days after gym.

You may be right.

Almost as good as never being caught by surprise.

I wonder which eq spells/buffs spider man has active? Obviously sentinel for spidey senses and invigour for his incredible fitness... maybe his web swinging is shadowstep?

Trexller
11-05-2021, 03:25 PM
Gustoo makes a good point about invigor, but may give it too much credit, as it would only recover your stamina, and no other stats or health benefits. STA doesn't affect ones lifespan, intelligence or creativity.

basically would just replenish some chemical energy, and nothing else. So you'd be the equivalent of a triathlete. Definitely useful, but limited in scope

unsunghero
11-05-2021, 03:29 PM
Imagine being able to sprint and swim untiring. Get by on minimal sleep. Not need recovery days after gym?

That’s almost doable now with enough PED’s (performance enhancing drugs) :)

Gustoo
11-05-2021, 04:17 PM
Gustoo makes a good point about invigor, but may give it too much credit, as it would only recover your stamina, and no other stats or health benefits. STA doesn't affect ones lifespan, intelligence or creativity.

basically would just replenish some chemical energy, and nothing else. So you'd be the equivalent of a triathlete. Definitely useful, but limited in scope

Stamina in real life isn’t limited to chemical energy.

But if that’s the perspective then I think an enchanter mind fixing spell might be the top pick.

starkind
11-05-2021, 04:18 PM
Illusion dark elf :p

Gustoo
11-05-2021, 05:23 PM

damn out of left field with a win.

Being locked up in government lab not so good you'd have to keep it on the DL.

Trexller
11-05-2021, 06:38 PM

well you'd win every halloween costume contest

Trexller
11-05-2021, 06:40 PM
would gate / TL:Bind send you to where you were born?

I thought of it, your IRL bind point is your bed

unsunghero
11-05-2021, 06:55 PM

Cancelled for blackface :)

Gatordash
11-05-2021, 07:15 PM

Cocaine exists already you nerd.

Gustoo
11-05-2021, 08:49 PM
Cocaine exists already you nerd.

Funny joke but choosing IRL spell choice is serious business and we know cocaine and meth are really only good in the short term.

I thought of it, your IRL bind point is your bed

Yeah IRL Bind point is last place you woke up for sure.

And how would regen work IRL? Wolverine?

Chortles Snortles
11-06-2021, 09:28 AM
the problem with this thought experiment is you have to take into account that the rest of the world having access to choosing one spell as well, thus affecting your choice

that said, going with PoTG is probably one of the better mitigating choices versus others

Gravydoo II
11-06-2021, 09:35 AM
There is a real spell in the world.
When you walk up to buy a lottery ticket and you start fantasizing about what you'd do with all the money. Thats a spell. What would it be called? "Dupe"? or "Chance of zero" ? lol

Oh I know one more.
The new car spell. When you catch yourself fantasizing about being seen in your NEW car and expecting everyone to be so proud and admiring your work ethic blah blah..

Varren
11-06-2021, 09:47 AM
See invisible

YendorLootmonkey
11-06-2021, 12:01 PM
Translocate, assuming there's no RL equivalent of a pop-up asking permission.

"I'm gonna send you right to your mom's birth canal!!!"

11-06-2021, 12:22 PM
Divine Aura

Gustoo
11-06-2021, 01:07 PM
the problem with this thought experiment is you have to take into account that the rest of the world having access to choosing one spell as well, thus affecting your choice

that said, going with PoTG is probably one of the better mitigating choices versus others

I feel like that's a different thread. The 1 eq spell for everyone in the world spell.

I think I'd still take a brain enhancing spell.

Jibartik
11-06-2021, 01:42 PM
If I had DI I'd become an MMA champ, but then I'd realize I couldn't attack until it wears of during my first fight, and prompt poop my pants.

Would still go with CH or Cure Disease but I'd use it to become the messiah and fulfil my vision of ending all life on earth.

starkind
11-06-2021, 02:12 PM
We could always test this - launch a pvp server with no mobs or only lvl 12 mobs.. so u can get some random exp

give people the option of only one spell at character creation

let them go to town on eachother and the envireonment :p

i suspect in pvp people will form teams with people with complimentary spells

Dispells being top notch

can hots like high lvl cleric heals be dispelled?

stuff like DDs and lifetaps will become more powerful

starkind
11-06-2021, 02:20 PM
If I had DI I'd become an MMA champ, but then I'd realize I couldn't attack until it wears of during my first fight, and prompt poop my pants.

Would still go with CH or Cure Disease but I'd use it to become the messiah and fulfil my vision of ending all life on earth.

ps what if di brings u back to life but doesnt fix ur teeth u gonna mash the dentures all ur life and a wired jaw????

Jibartik
11-06-2021, 02:22 PM
If you use ice comet, would a light ball surround the person or would an actual ice comet come flying in from space?

Because a series of people who all seem to be connected (famous jerks and politicians) getting struck and killed by asteroids might be fun to read about in the paper

Trexller
11-06-2021, 03:09 PM
DI would also require you to have an endless supply of emeralds to remain alive, and only a chance to ignore death.

i would imagine that ice comet is exactly what it sounds like. i dunno how the caster would survive an RL comet

Jibartik
11-06-2021, 03:29 PM
DI would also require you to have an endless supply of emeralds to remain alive, and only a chance to ignore death.

i would imagine that ice comet is exactly what it sounds like. i dunno how the caster would survive an RL comet

all humans on earth are level 1 so not a chance. maybe at best some of our finest are in the 6-8 range but that's it.

OP what is our mana situation with this, wish? Do we even have access to a pool large enough to cast some of these spells?

Trexller
11-06-2021, 03:36 PM
i guess mana is your mental enegy. so yogis and caffine addicts are mana buffed.

or its a free for all and you can chain cast forever, with the game balancing being only able to choose one spell, and never increasing in power. so since everyone can choose one spell, you couldnt like use Ice comet on an irl battlefield because they all have it too, also the comet would take out the entire country, if not the world

and we circle back to M.A.D.

Jimjam
11-06-2021, 06:33 PM
all humans on earth are level 1 so not a chance. maybe at best some of our finest are in the 6-8 range but that's it.

OP what is our mana situation with this, wish? Do we even have access to a pool large enough to cast some of these spells?

Not true- you can get an idea of someone’s level irl by their swim speed or fishing skills.

starkind
11-06-2021, 06:57 PM
If you use ice comet, would a light ball surround the person or would an actual ice comet come flying in from space?

Because a series of people who all seem to be connected (famous jerks and politicians) getting struck and killed by asteroids might be fun to read about in the paper

Asteroids :p

Most people don't have the hp to survive a single hit. ​Probably could cast it discreetly from a relatively safe distance. Would be absolutely hilarious and definitely have been my first choice if I wasn't a vain hedonist. :)

Jibartik
11-06-2021, 07:37 PM
Not true- you can get an idea of someone’s level irl by their swim speed or fishing skills.

skills =/= level! If you hit me and Rick Clunn with a sword we both gonna die :p

A Knight
11-06-2021, 07:53 PM
Regen. So I could be Wolverine. Out of any possible situation that is likely, fighting people in a brawl and having to survive it would be the best ability, over X total given situations. Unless you go straight up Magneto and take over the world.

Jibartik
11-06-2021, 08:11 PM
Enduring breath would be a chill and cool choice. Or even better DMF.

edit: although this could be a problem "Soandso looks dead." So maybe just go with EB

Cecily
11-06-2021, 08:47 PM
I'd pick harmony so no one can be mean to me when I go outside

Jibartik
11-06-2021, 08:55 PM
Mez with mem blur would be pretty useful lol and it's in mortal level range mana consumption wise.

Think how you could excel at work if you could make your competition late to every meeting, and even better often forget why they even came! :p

Cecily
11-06-2021, 08:56 PM
Befriend animal actually. Would use exclusively on squirrels and crows.

Jibartik
11-06-2021, 08:58 PM
Would be fun. But they are KOS when it breaks so you have to cage them up or you die when you sleep 8(

Cecily
11-06-2021, 09:01 PM
If death by squirrel kisses is my fate then so be it.

bubur
11-06-2021, 09:13 PM
ill hang with an earth pet

seems chill

old model tho

Trexller
11-06-2021, 09:13 PM
Mez with mem blur would be pretty useful lol and it's in mortal level range mana consumption wise.

Think how you could excel at work if you could make your competition late to every meeting, and even better often forget why they even came! :p

maybe i was thinking too small when i wrote off mem-blur, with Blanket of Forgetfulness you could get away with anything...

single target mem blur would be limited, with AE mem-blur you could re-write the world.

Jibartik
11-06-2021, 09:23 PM
maybe i was thinking too small when i wrote off mem-blur, with Blanket of Forgetfulness you could get away with anything...

single target mem blur would be limited, with AE mem-blur you could re-write the world.

If I win the lotto, the big one, im making a 300 million dollar movie where the main character gets AE mem-blur from a VR video game exprement gone awry and he uses it to re-write the history of the world and haden christian anderson is the star.

bubur
11-06-2021, 09:26 PM
If I win the lotto, the big one, im making a 300 million dollar movie where the main character gets AE mem-blur from a VR video game exprement gone awry and he uses it to re-write the history of the world and haden christian anderson is the star.

but wheres the drama

you should consider making it soothe and the main character's charisma is average so they can sometimes fail and others aggressively assault him until the recast timer comes up

Jibartik
11-06-2021, 09:46 PM
Maybe by activating the power it summons the brotherhood of the order of discord, an ancient fraternity of agents that exist to maintain the separation of real life, and everqust.

https://i.imgur.com/mO5py2C.png

Duik
11-07-2021, 06:08 AM
Air pet. Casts invis on summon. Someone attacks you? Surprise cockbag.

Druid bear pet. LMAO camping/hiking with bear wrestling YT vids.

Depending on how resists work IRL they may be a goer. MR only of use if someone else gets to choose a spell.

Too many. Regen, SOE, Wolf form.
You lot suck.
Like a shit song, this is gonna be stuck in my head for a bit.

starkind
11-07-2021, 09:18 AM
merlin just summoned king arthur a sword of runes and gg