PDA

View Full Version : You Are Consuming Automatically Computer Generated Content

Castle2.0
11-04-2021, 01:51 PM
Some news articles, blog posts, product reviews, even YouTube videos.

There is already a cottage industry using AI/ML pulling Twitch vods from popular streamers to automatically create videos using other people's content to monetize on YouTube. Lots of data triggers to find highlights: volume level, Twitch chat (keywords, emojis, sentiment analysis), donations, viewer count, etc.

Clip it, throw in some premade transitions, grab music from Epidemic sound, grab a screenie (usually loudest 5-seconds of VOD, find best match for strong emotional expression), upload to YouTube via API, then...

Monetize.

starkind
11-04-2021, 02:09 PM
i know :(

I noticed it too.

Thanks for writing this up.

Gustoo
11-04-2021, 02:11 PM
Funny I noticed one of those videos yesterday. I was like "woah this is a seriously shit edit" with weird cuts and stuff. Scary

Jibartik
11-04-2021, 02:27 PM
I remember reading that like a huge amount of news articles were auto generated like 10 years ago Im sure the auto generated news articles have covered that up though well enough by now.

I bet a kid could build a bot that reads reddit/new and just writes up chat bot articles based on the most upvoted links with a tutorial he learned from a youtube tutorial made by a bot.

Jibartik
11-04-2021, 02:29 PM
This thing uses GPT3 to make better stories than most games https://play.aidungeon.io/

Toxigen
11-04-2021, 02:47 PM
OP spent an ungodly amount of hours collecting pixels in a video game to make a really stupid world record leveling claim that the entire community laughed at him for.

Hope this helps.

Castle2.0
11-04-2021, 03:14 PM
OP spent an ungodly amount of hours collecting pixels in a video game to make a really stupid world record leveling claim that the entire community laughed at him for.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, you don't have pixels, or records, and you have over 1,000 posts on 2021 alone on forums. Enjoy your sad life.

^^ used a bot to create that one.

Skarne
11-04-2021, 03:42 PM
Sorry, you don't have pixels, or records, and you have over 1,000 posts on 2021 alone on forums. Enjoy your sad life.

^^ used a bot to create that one.

Lol the irony here is fabulous

Tunabros
11-04-2021, 03:57 PM

Hope this helps.

Tunabros
11-04-2021, 03:58 PM
OP has autism

starkind
11-04-2021, 04:20 PM
this is why i just read books for entertainment only now if they were in print before 1999 i think we are pretty safe

Jibartik
11-04-2021, 06:44 PM
Considering most "writers" today consider a good character to be whatever twitter and china tells them a good character is.

I for one welcome these new robot overlords! Lets hope we can get a fresh story for once.

starkind
11-04-2021, 07:53 PM
OP has autism

Being autistic means ur smart. P.s. don't make fun of autistic ppl. Ppl have eaten permabans across multiple accounts. So watch it.

Castle2.0
11-04-2021, 08:07 PM
Being autistic means ur smart. P.s. don't make fun of autistic ppl. Ppl have eaten permabans across multiple accounts. So watch it. Very true. Smartest guy I know has a postdoc in a very erudite field and has aspergers.

I have some pretty darn brilliant people in my family - not surprised if I am somewhere on the spectrum.

I have 100% classified myself as hypomanic. Thankfully, not many of the negative side effects and no bipolar / depression.

+1 Starkind

Skarne
11-04-2021, 08:19 PM
Very true. Smartest guy I know has a postdoc in a very erudite field and has aspergers.

I have some pretty darn brilliant people in my family - not surprised if I am somewhere on the spectrum.

I have 100% classified myself as hypomanic. Thankfully, not many of the negative side effects and no bipolar / depression.

+1 Starkind

Just like you classified yourself as a record holder. Since it’s all self diagnosed it must be true! Funny how that works!

Tunabros
11-04-2021, 08:33 PM
Being autistic means ur smart. P.s. don't make fun of autistic ppl. Ppl have eaten permabans across multiple accounts. So watch it.

then stop being so dumb and annoying

unsunghero
11-04-2021, 08:37 PM
Very true. Smartest guy I know has a postdoc in a very erudite field and has aspergers.

+1 Starkind

Ya, autism is a spectrum and aspergers is on the absolute highest functioning side of it. Meaning high functioning to the point where the person can even handle most social situations without difficulty or even without others being able to notice any possible social incongruences

A person functioning at a level below asperger’s would have noticeable issues in social situations. From assessing kids on the spectrum on this functioning level it’s usually quickly apparent that there’s something that’s just a little “off” in their communication style. It’s hard to describe, but sometimes they are just more intense, as if they are concentrating much harder on speaking than should be necessary. Other times they may make a comment that is too blunt or inappropriate for the conversation. Things like that

Then there is a low functioning side to autism. The lower the functioning level the more cognition will be effected, and the person will struggle with things like sudden change in routine and issues with stimuli/textures. The very lowest functioning have limited or no vocabulary and frequently engage in self-injurious behavior such as hitting self

So when someone uses the word “autism” no one really knows where on that spectrum there are picturing. How someone appears on each far end is like night and day different

Castle2.0
11-04-2021, 09:55 PM
Just like you classified yourself as a record holder. Since it’s all self diagnosed it must be true! Funny how that works!

Facts.

Ya, autism is a spectrum and aspergers is on the absolute highest functioning side of it. Meaning high functioning to the point where the person can even handle most social situations without difficulty or even without others being able to notice any possible social incongruences

A person functioning at a level below asperger’s would have noticeable issues in social situations. From assessing kids on the spectrum on this functioning level it’s usually quickly apparent that there’s something that’s just a little “off” in their communication style. It’s hard to describe, but sometimes they are just more intense, as if they are concentrating much harder on speaking than should be necessary. Other times they may make a comment that is too blunt or inappropriate for the conversation. Things like that

Then there is a low functioning side to autism. The lower the functioning level the more cognition will be effected, and the person will struggle with things like sudden change in routine and issues with stimuli/textures. The very lowest functioning have limited or no vocabulary and frequently engage in self-injurious behavior such as hitting self

So when someone uses the word “autism” no one really knows where on that spectrum there are picturing. How someone appears on each far end is like night and day different Also facts.

Castle2.0
11-04-2021, 09:58 PM
But don't get so hung up on the 1-50 speedrun record you forget the classic #1 DPS record

https://streamable.com/ftle4

=)

Whale biologist
11-04-2021, 10:20 PM

So when someone uses the word “autism” no one really knows where on that spectrum there are picturing. How someone appears on each far end is like night and day different

It's not great that people like OP self-identify as autistic as a cheap road to intellectual clout online. Autism is awful.

unsunghero
11-04-2021, 10:52 PM
It's not great that people like OP self-identify as autistic as a cheap road to intellectual clout online. Autism is awful.

It can be for some but not for everyone, it depends on how negatively impactful it is on their life. Someone with just aspergers (a term which never should have been taken out of the DSM because it was useful, but it was) can have a completely “normal” life, and most people wouldn’t even know they had unless the person told them

And there are some benefits to it, things like being able to dial in on a task and concentrate harder and longer than someone more “neurotypical” could. Also being able to retain larger amounts of details, things like that

I have a bigger issue with people proudly announcing specific negatives like depression or eating disorders, any mental health issue that could be recovered from in some way (meaning not something that will always require medication). It’s fine to accept and have the confidence to mention your challenges in life, but it is another thing to work something like that into your identity. As soon as you start incorporating it into your sense of self, you can inadvertently de-motivate yourself to recover from it. And especially if you start identifying with a community around it, now you really lose motivation to recover because recovering will mean losing the connection to your community and friends

Jibartik
11-04-2021, 10:53 PM
Autism is fake and it's just nerds who have no respect for their parents.

Castle2.0
11-04-2021, 11:44 PM

I need not self-identify as neuroatypical to be perceived as intelligent, when I have you showing forth your ignorance in various conversations. You're like danny devito and I am Arnold.. the contrast is real.

Whale biologist
11-04-2021, 11:47 PM
I need not self-identify as neuroatypical to be perceived as intelligent, when I have you showing forth your ignorance in various conversations. You're like danny devito and I am Arnold.. the contrast is real.

I promise that is your self-perception only, scrollmonger. :p

Jibartik
11-04-2021, 11:50 PM
When the kid is banging his head on the window it's because he's a dick not retarded.

Jibartik
11-04-2021, 11:50 PM
:o

unsunghero
11-05-2021, 02:01 AM
Oh another thing I should have mentioned besides communication style that can be an indicator of someone’s level of functioning is ability to maintain eye contact. I’ve talked to some high functioning kids and adults on the spectrum where I’m thinking to myself “shit man, this guy (the vast majority of people on the spectrum are guys) maintains better eye contact than me….” Rating eye contact is part of the mental status exam

Kids who are lower functioning on the spectrum will avoid eye contact sometimes completely. This can be an indicator of other things though too. But regardless of the reason when I am talking to a kid that is avoiding eye contact I will always start doodling on my notes while talking with my eyes cast down most of the time seeming somewhat distracted to make them feel a bit less uncomfortable

Castle2.0
11-05-2021, 02:08 AM
Oh another thing I should have mentioned besides communication style that can be an indicator of someone’s level of functioning is ability to maintain eye contact. I’ve talked to some high functioning kids and adults on the spectrum where I’m thinking to myself “shit man, this guy (the vast majority of people on the spectrum are guys) maintains better eye contact than me….” Rating eye contact is part of the mental status exam

Kids who are lower functioning on the spectrum will avoid eye contact sometimes completely. This can be an indicator of other things though too. But regardless of the reason when I am talking to a kid that is avoiding eye contact I will always start doodling on my notes while talking with my eyes cast down most of the time seeming somewhat distracted to make them feel a bit less uncomfortable

This guy helps autistic kids and his forum name is unsunghero. Checks out, my dudes.

I bet whalebiologist may be a whale, but is not a biologist and certainly not a whale biologist.

I own a castle in the sky, what ya gonna do about it?

starkind
11-05-2021, 03:18 AM
then stop being so dumb and annoying

I'm just intellectually genuine :p :cool: :o

Jibartik
11-05-2021, 03:46 AM
I, myself... am dumb and annoying.

2996Ns0Dkww