PDA

View Full Version : 45 Monk Questions

Fireblade7
11-04-2021, 11:24 AM
Im back from about a year and a half off (as of a few weeks ago) I’m hitting 45 today on my monk and I wanted some suggestions.

I have about 3.7k pp right now and can earn 400-450 an hour if I need more. My gear is average but I don’t know where to go from here. (Link in sig, I have jboots)

I can spend the next 50 hours where I am grinding 45 out very slowly and getting another 20k but that only takes me half way to a fungi tunic. I don’t think besides my epic there’s really anything else for me to work towards gear wise though. I’m wondering if that’s an okay choice or it I should just go solo somewhere with better experience. I don’t think anywhere else pre50 is going to reach the pp per hour I’m getting atm.

I play at the worst hours and usually can’t commit to more than an hour at a time without having to stop so grouping isn’t usually a possibility (I hate going groups and leaving quickly) I know after 50 it’s prolly going to get a lot harder soloing without regen. (I’m really missing my combat bind wound which was always my excuse on why a fungi tunic wasn’t worth it)

Ideas on how to go forward? (Yes I know I need to work on my epic, plan was to do robe quest myself and buy the demon fangs - haven’t started yet.)

Andyman1022
11-04-2021, 11:27 AM
Save for fungi

Tunabros
11-04-2021, 01:31 PM
don't buy any part of the monk MQ except for pipes if your planning to do that

buying fangs is such a huge waste of plat

instead invest in a long term item such a fungi or a t staff (for the DPS)

Ripqozko
11-04-2021, 03:04 PM
Join kittens and as soon as you hit 46 spam discord for help on epic. If you spam enough they will do the whole thing for you, hope that helps.

Tunabros
11-04-2021, 03:55 PM
Join kittens and as soon as you hit 46 spam discord for help on epic. If you spam enough they will do the whole thing for you, hope that helps.

what's your problem with KWSM, dude

Fireblade7
11-04-2021, 04:05 PM
don't buy any part of the monk MQ except for pipes if your planning to do that

buying fangs is such a huge waste of plat

instead invest in a long term item such a fungi or a t staff (for the DPS)

I'll look into doing the fangs myself, and i was planning on buying the pipes too.

I'll try to get a fungi first though. Farming 50k is going to take me quite awhile, but if I hadn't quit 1.5 years ago, and i played an hour a day, i wouldve already had more than enough. Just got to stick with it.

I'm going to see about joining possibly some community nights (if i can schedule it) with KWSM and see how I like it raiding, but i don't think I have enough time to devote to joining a guild.

Andyman1022
11-04-2021, 04:08 PM

He’s secretly a furry

Ripqozko
11-04-2021, 04:09 PM

Who said was an issue, I use to be in kittens. They will get ya epic. Stop Berging out over nothing.

Andyman1022
11-04-2021, 04:24 PM
Who said was an issue, I use to be in kittens. They will get ya epic. Stop Berging out over nothing.

Hope that helps

Keebz
11-04-2021, 05:02 PM
It's gonna be a lot better use of your time to just level up and go farm a fungi yourself. Grinding 80k at 400-500pp an hour is a giant waste of time.

Croco
11-04-2021, 06:41 PM

They kicked him out for obvious reasons so now his only happiness in life comes from trolling these forums. He always hopes it helps, but it never does.

Ripqozko
11-04-2021, 07:02 PM
They kicked him out for obvious reasons so now his only happiness in life comes from trolling these forums. He always hopes it helps, but it never does.

I was never kicked , I left when I quit, then joined eclipse where I am retired in. Sorry to disappoint you. I have 0 issue with kittens, like I said you will get epicd. Hope that helps .

Tunabros
11-04-2021, 07:04 PM
I was never kicked , I left when I quit, then joined eclipse where I am retired in. Sorry to disappoint you. I have 0 issue with kittens, like I said you will get epicd. Hope that helps .

you were always an asshole in game, on forums, and probably in real life too

you probably never experience true kindness in your life and for that i pity you

hope this helps

Ripqozko
11-04-2021, 07:10 PM
you were always an asshole in game, on forums, and probably in real life too

you probably never experience true kindness in your life and for that i pity you

hope this helps

and you are still in taiwan , a shit country, i pity you too. Consider a country with freedom. hope that helps.

Tunabros
11-04-2021, 07:12 PM
and you are still in taiwan , a shit country, i pity you too. Consider a country with freedom. hope that helps.

lol

just proved my point

crazy to think how nice you were in kittens too

I remember grouping with you

what happened? lol

Ripqozko
11-04-2021, 07:13 PM
lol

just proved my point

crazy to think how nice you were in kittens too

I remember grouping with you

what happened? lol

i usually enjoy people that dont follow me thread to thread as a start. sorry you dont got freedom.

Tunabros
11-04-2021, 07:15 PM
i usually enjoy people that dont follow me thread to thread as a start. sorry you dont got freedom.

lol ok I do not follow you

you just like responding to me with random remarks on how stuff is suppose to help me

"hope this helps"

:D

sorry you never experienced kindness in your life

Ripqozko
11-04-2021, 07:16 PM
lol ok I do not follow you

you just like responding to me with random remarks on how stuff is suppose to help me

"hope this helps"

:D

sorry you never experienced kindness in your life

didnt you block me long time ago? what happened to that, lets return to that, hope that helps. 1 china, taiwan isnt a country.

Tunabros
11-04-2021, 07:18 PM
didnt you block me long time ago? what happened to that, lets return to that, hope that helps. 1 china, taiwan isnt a country.

not sure what taiwan has to do with this

can't win an argument so you attack someone's else country and nationality?

that's just low dude

also nice anime pfp on discord hehe :D

Ripqozko
11-04-2021, 07:19 PM
not sure what taiwan has to do with this

can't win an argument so you attack someone's else country and nationality?

that's just low dude

also nice anime pfp on discord hehe :D

one china

Tunabros
11-04-2021, 07:20 PM
one china

yeah your just desperate to tilt me at this point lol

now stop before you trash another thread with your whining

Ripqozko
11-04-2021, 07:21 PM
sorry you dont got freedom. imagine being in a real country. hope that helped.

Tunabros
11-04-2021, 07:25 PM
sorry you dont got freedom. imagine being in a real country. hope that helped.

sorry you don't have mage epic :p

hope this helps

"imagine being in a real country"??

you typing so fast from anger that you saying that Taiwan is real country? ;)

Ripqozko
11-04-2021, 07:26 PM
sorry you don't have mage epic :p

hope this helps

id take no mage epic and a real country any day of the week, after i quit p99 i still live in the best country, you live in one china. hope that helps.

Tunabros
11-04-2021, 07:30 PM
id take no mage epic and a real country any day of the week, after i quit p99 i still live in the best country, you live in one china. hope that helps.

sorry literally every mage in vanquish and riot is better geared than you

also sorry you have to resort to racism to win arguments :( :D

Andyman1022
11-04-2021, 09:16 PM
It's gonna be a lot better use of your time to just level up and go farm a fungi yourself. Grinding 80k at 400-500pp an hour is a giant waste of time.

Isn’t that what this entire game is? A giant waste of time.

Fireblade7
11-04-2021, 09:47 PM
Well I didn’t mean for this to happen.

Maybe I’ll just level for awhile and go back to the same farm. It’ll prolly be easier if I was 50-51.

unleashedd
11-05-2021, 02:26 AM
monk is probably the worst class to farm on, in regards to the weight penalty. unless you aren't looting anything except for some rare drop item.

the general concensus is higher level = better plat generation. get those levels however you can. fyi, took me a month of farming jboots to buy a fungi at like 3 hours per day average

Trexller
11-05-2021, 04:54 AM
also sorry you have to resort to racism to win arguments :( :D

My fellow Asian, you know as well as I do that we are immune to racism. So, you can't play the race card, you'll have to actually think up a witty reply.

also wtf bro get to making more semi-conductors, you guys are holding up the whole world!

Rader
11-05-2021, 10:37 PM
one china

F China

Duik
11-06-2021, 05:13 AM
Monk stuff.
I cant win arguments, so, One Australia was a political party here a while back. Just as fucked up as the Asian One i'm sure.
Anywho, I used to believe in only classes that can use dropped item can roll.
When items became fake money valuable, ie 10's of k pp each it fucked it for me.
You could farm pp for a probable (availability notwithstanding) purchase of fungi/gamechanger item etc at this lvl After spending the ~160hrs farming what lvl could you attain based on lvls of farmed mobs?
Or grind to a lvl to roll for a potential drop off the king. Rarity? Your luck? etc
Decide what's more fun. I know what i'd do.

unleashedd
11-06-2021, 06:14 AM
I'm about to head to kaesora for the fear staff, which I can easily buy. I prefer to experience the camp thou

Fireblade7
11-10-2021, 11:14 AM
I got to 8k and bought a tink bag and plan to buy a fishbone earring to easily kill blood gills in loio. Going to finish out 45 on my plat farm (32% so far, expecting another 10k for when I hit 46) and then go to and actuall exp to lvl 51 and keep saving.

Toxigen
11-10-2021, 12:30 PM
easy cash / slow xp ---> quicker fungi ---> quicker real XP

just imo

Fireblade7
11-10-2021, 08:14 PM
While I’m waiting on my fungi, do y’all think the bonuses of the phase spider carapace outweigh the weight? I have one on an alt I could strip.

(I currently have a foreman’s tunic)

greenspectre
11-11-2021, 03:08 AM
While I’m waiting on my fungi, do y’all think the bonuses of the phase spider carapace outweigh the weight? I have one on an alt I could strip.

(I currently have a foreman’s tunic)

Get a druid friend to help you get to WW and burn down an Ice Burrower for a https://wiki.project1999.com/Ice_Burrower_Skin is my suggestion. It's like a PSC but without the 5 weight and it looks awesome.

rubicaant
01-04-2022, 04:36 PM
Kittens isn't all raiding. Good folks to just hang out with and do some leveling.

The demon fangs part is basically 4 fights that 3 of can be done with 1 group or less. Even the final fight is one groupable if it's a strong group. Buy pipes, have friends/guild get you an epic, asap. Save for fungi.