PDA

View Full Version : Unrealized Capital Gains Tax

Castle2.0
10-26-2021, 08:33 AM
"It's not a wealth tax, just a tax on the rich."

Narrator: It was a wealth tax. In 2 years, it came to the middle class.

If this happens, watch Firo (a privacy-focused crypto) go to the moon.

"But they'll ban it."

Exactly.

Whale biologist
10-26-2021, 10:45 AM
I don't think it's really meant to generate revenue, but this is Sinema's fault. (https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-democrats-wealth-tax-mirage-billionaires-janet-yellen-kyrsten-sinema-joe-manchin-11635197950)

Fie on her gorgeous smile! :)

BlackBellamy
10-26-2021, 11:26 AM
[URL="https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-democrats-wealth-tax-mirage-billionaires-janet-yellen-kyrsten-sinema-joe-manchin-11635197950"]is Sinema's fault.=

Paywall link -1
WSJ fake news source -1
Sinema would bang +3

total score: 1

Toxigen
10-26-2021, 12:08 PM
should have capital gains taxed the fuck out of OP's thread about 1-50 world record

Jibartik
10-26-2021, 12:38 PM
I don't think it's really meant to generate revenue, but this is Sinema's fault. (https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-democrats-wealth-tax-mirage-billionaires-janet-yellen-kyrsten-sinema-joe-manchin-11635197950)

Fie on her gorgeous smile! :)

Of course it's not meant to generate revenue, tax structure is a way to steel revenue from people who generated it to give it to Jeffery Epstein type people and whoever pays for bohemian grove so politicians can pay for their sexual cravings.

unsunghero
10-26-2021, 01:11 PM
Every time I hear Build Back Better I think of the Taliban in Afghanistan for some reason

Jibartik
10-26-2021, 01:46 PM
B is the 6th Latin letter of the Greek alphabet

Build Back Better
6uild 6ack 6etter

Whale biologist
10-26-2021, 01:55 PM
B is the 6th Latin letter of the Greek alphabet

Build Back Better
6uild 6ack 6etter

I dunno about that, but it's pretty fucked up Castle finally made a good thread. :(

Jibartik
10-26-2021, 02:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HbI2TGz.png

Whale biologist
10-26-2021, 02:07 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HbI2TGz.png

Well alright but anyway. (https://twitter.com/imillhiser/status/1452009087441506304)

Ooloo
10-26-2021, 02:33 PM
The rich already contribute the vast majority of all taxes, but I guess that's not considered a "fair share"? I'm not even rich, so like I don't care but the envy is palpable with these loons

nostalgiaquest
10-26-2021, 02:40 PM
That’s why they employ literal armies of accountants to pursue any and all opportunities and loopholes to minimize how much they pay? No, it’s not illegal, it’s just shitty.

I moved to the Netherlands a few years ago and I pay a metric fuck load in taxes, which does suck. But the benefits to society are clearly evident.

Gatordash
10-26-2021, 02:48 PM
The rich already contribute the vast majority of all taxes, but I guess that's not considered a "fair share"? I'm not even rich, so like I don't care but the envy is palpable with these loons

61% of Americans paid NO federal income tax last year. That seems pretty unfair. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/18/61percent-of-americans-paid-no-federal-income-taxes-in-2020-tax-policy-center-says.html

Ooloo
10-26-2021, 03:07 PM
That’s why they employ literal armies of accountants to pursue any and all opportunities and loopholes to minimize how much they pay? No, it’s not illegal, it’s just shitty.

I moved to the Netherlands a few years ago and I pay a metric fuck load in taxes, which does suck. But the benefits to society are clearly evident.

Haha yes, and in spite of that, they *still* contribute the vast majority of all taxes. They also employ millions of people.

Are there people with exorbitant wealth? Sure, so? It's good that they exist, because again they contribute the vast majority of all taxes. Or we could be communists where the state decides how much you're allowed to have. When we're all equally poor, at least we're equal!

Ooloo
10-26-2021, 03:11 PM
61% of Americans paid NO federal income tax last year. That seems pretty unfair. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/18/61percent-of-americans-paid-no-federal-income-taxes-in-2020-tax-policy-center-says.html

That's because of the pandemic you doofus. Did you even read beyond the headline?

You make it sound like they're breaking some kind of law, yes they paid no income tax because they didn't owe any. How is that unfair?

That's also just income tax, not the plethora of other taxes.

Gatordash
10-26-2021, 05:25 PM
That's because of the pandemic you doofus. Did you even read beyond the headline?

You make it sound like they're breaking some kind of law, yes they paid no income tax because they didn't owe any. How is that unfair?

That's also just income tax, not the plethora of other taxes.

Just say, 'Thank you Gatordash for working and paying taxes so my lazy ass can sit at home and play everquest.'

Jibartik
10-26-2021, 05:27 PM
I want unrealized gains to be taxed so bad.

SO BAD

nothing will drive this country right into an iceberg like you and your parents owing 40% of their life savings in taxes next year lmao

Gatordash
10-26-2021, 05:29 PM
I want unrealized gains to be taxed so bad.

SO BAD

nothing will drive this country right into an iceberg like you and your parents owing 40% of their life savings in taxes next year lmao

The less incentive there is for you to own assets, the easier it is for the government to control it all. Good thing they have everyones best interests in mind.

Ooloo
10-26-2021, 05:31 PM
Just say, 'Thank you Gatordash for working and paying taxes so my lazy ass can sit at home and play everquest.'

I cut trees for a living you retard

Gatordash
10-26-2021, 05:47 PM

You don't need to use innuendo with me stoner.

Duik
10-26-2021, 06:59 PM
Billionaires provide many jobs. That is true, however many are underpaid/exploited in some way. Amazon springs to mind.
Having trouble with the fact that they need to employ MANY tax consultants which is basically why many become and remain ultra wealthy.

Just.
Pay.
Fucken.
Tax.
Yakuntz.

Are you OK?
Do you also skip and jump and press wild flowers.

cd288
10-27-2021, 10:37 AM
I am generally not onboard with the idea of unrealized capital gains tax unless it's something you will get a tax return for if you later sell the investment at a lower realized value than what they periodically taxed you on. But in any case, if we do it then it should apply to anyone who makes an investment and not just a certain threshold of net worth.

Ooloo
10-27-2021, 12:01 PM
Billionaires provide many jobs. That is true, however many are underpaid/exploited in some way. Amazon springs to mind.
Having trouble with the fact that they need to employ MANY tax consultants which is basically why many become and remain ultra wealthy.

Just.
Pay.
Fucken.
Tax.
Yakuntz.

Are you OK?
Do you also skip and jump and press wild flowers.

They employ many tax consultants because you have to do that when you're extremely wealthy. You're a ripe target, and it's not like the tax consultants are performing some kind of magic trick. Everything they're doing is legal, and yet *still* the rich contribute far more net tax revenue than anyone else. "Just pay fucken tax?" THEY DO, what are you talking about? They just aren't paying as much as your dictatorial decree would ask.

I agree amazon could pay better wages, but that's really not up to anyone but Bezos. He could close up shop right now and live out his life as a filthy rich bond villain, but instead he's employing hundreds of thousands of people. If entry level amazon jobs paid 40 bucks an hour, nobody would work anywhere else. If an amazon grunt wants a better job, there is a vast marketplace available. That's called the real world, and real life. It's not utopian, but nothing ever will be.

Whale biologist
10-27-2021, 12:18 PM
I am generally not onboard with the idea of unrealized capital gains tax unless it's something you will get a tax return for if you later sell the investment at a lower realized value than what they periodically taxed you on. But in any case, if we do it then it should apply to anyone who makes an investment and not just a certain threshold of net worth.

They used a different word but Twitter said you do get loss offsets in the 3 year rolling period. Supposedly real estate is off-limits but I don't trust that.

cd288
10-27-2021, 12:23 PM
They employ many tax consultants because you have to do that when you're extremely wealthy. You're a ripe target, and it's not like the tax consultants are performing some kind of magic trick. Everything they're doing is legal, and yet *still* the rich contribute far more net tax revenue than anyone else. "Just pay fucken tax?" THEY DO, what are you talking about? They just aren't paying as much as your dictatorial decree would ask.

I agree amazon could pay better wages, but that's really not up to anyone but Bezos. He could close up shop right now and live out his life as a filthy rich bond villain, but instead he's employing hundreds of thousands of people. If entry level amazon jobs paid 40 bucks an hour, nobody would work anywhere else. If an amazon grunt wants a better job, there is a vast marketplace available. That's called the real world, and real life. It's not utopian, but nothing ever will be.

Yeah I mean first off anyone who uses an accountant...what is that accountant doing when they do your taxes? They are ensuring you pay as little tax as possible. So if you're using an accountant at all, it's a bit of a hypocrisy to criticize someone just because based on their different streams of income their accountants are able to find additional ways to reduce taxes.

What people also don't realize about a wealthy person's taxes is they are very complex. It's not like you can just go online on TurboTax and file the taxes yourself. You have tons of different streams of revenue, all potentially subject to different complex tax laws/rules, and if you own a company then that company also has the same situation. You literally need a huge number of tax advisors and accountants. And in all likelihood, a lot of the stuff those people are doing isn't even discussed with the tax payer; usually those types of advisors and accountants will, again, do what they can to ensure you pay as little tax as possible (legally). They aren't going to someone like Jeff Bezos with every little thing they do to reduce the taxes; they might summarize it later but often in real time they will just make the decision for you.

Botten
10-27-2021, 12:36 PM

In 2018, Tesla founder Elon Musk, the second-richest person in the world, also paid no federal income taxes. Michael Bloomberg managed to do the same in recent years. Billionaire investor Carl Icahn also doesn't pay taxes.

Baler you really need to realize the rich don't even always pay their taxes. See your orange friend who is fighting to prevent his taxes from being released.

So it does go well beyond paying their "fair share."

Gatordash
10-27-2021, 12:38 PM
Yeah I mean first off anyone who uses an accountant...what is that accountant doing when they do your taxes? They are ensuring you pay as little tax as possible. So if you're using an accountant at all, it's a bit of a hypocrisy to criticize someone just because based on their different streams of income their accountants are able to find additional ways to reduce taxes.

What people also don't realize about a wealthy person's taxes is they are very complex. It's not like you can just go online on TurboTax and file the taxes yourself. You have tons of different streams of revenue, all potentially subject to different complex tax laws/rules, and if you own a company then that company also has the same situation. You literally need a huge number of tax advisors and accountants. And in all likelihood, a lot of the stuff those people are doing isn't even discussed with the tax payer; usually those types of advisors and accountants will, again, do what they can to ensure you pay as little tax as possible (legally). They aren't going to someone like Jeff Bezos with every little thing they do to reduce the taxes; they might summarize it later but often in real time they will just make the decision for you.
I have an accountant and I tried to apply for a mortgage last month. Chase asks me how much I made the past two years. I give them an estimate and they say they need the exact amount since I own my own small business. They give me some number to look up on my tax returns like K-1 or something. I spent 2-3 hours trying to figure out where on my taxes it says how much money I made and I couldn't figure it out.

Point being, I'm a poor and I couldn't figure out how much money I made last year. I can't imagine how many pages of numbers and lines rich people have on their taxes. For reference, my 2020 tax return was 47 pages long.

cd288
10-27-2021, 12:39 PM
They used a different word but Twitter said you do get loss offsets in the 3 year rolling period. Supposedly real estate is off-limits but I don't trust that.

I trust it. The Democrats have always been about trying to expand home ownership as much as possible and make it more feasible for people of varying economic classes to own a home. See, for instance, ordering the banks to lower their standards on mortgage lending in the years leading up to the financial crisis in 2008.

They wouldn't want this to impact real estate

unsunghero
10-27-2021, 12:43 PM
I have an accountant and I tried to apply for a mortgage last month. Chase asks me how much I made the past two years. I give them an estimate and they say they need the exact amount since I own my own small business. They give me some number to look up on my tax returns like K-1 or something. I spent 2-3 hours trying to figure out where on my taxes it says how much money I made and I couldn't figure it out.

Point being, I'm a poor and I couldn't figure out how much money I made last year. I can't imagine how many pages of numbers and lines rich people have on their taxes. For reference, my 2020 tax return was 47 pages long.

Turbo tax all the way for me. No business ownership, no dealing with stocks or crypto

All I gotta do is a click a few boxes, takes 20 min :)

cd288
10-27-2021, 12:43 PM
In 2018, Tesla founder Elon Musk, the second-richest person in the world, also paid no federal income taxes. Michael Bloomberg managed to do the same in recent years. Billionaire investor Carl Icahn also doesn't pay taxes.

Baler you really need to realize the rich don't even always pay their taxes. See your orange friend who is fighting to prevent his taxes from being released.

The thing you have to remember for some of these people though is their "wealth" is measured in things like the stock value. So for some of these people, Musk being a great example, calling him the second-richest person in the world is a little bit misleading when you get into debates about taxes. He's the second-richest person based in large part on the value of his company's stock. He's not the second-richest person because he has made that much money (put in taxation terms: he hasn't "realized" that level of income).

So if someone doesn't keep that in mind/understand that, then when someone goes "the second-richest person in the world doesn't pay commensurate taxes" it sounds like that person is committing tax evasion. When in reality the person just hasn't realized taxable income equal to the total value of their wealth.

Bardp1999
10-27-2021, 12:54 PM

Not only did he not pay taxes, he received nearly 5 billion dollars in government funding for SpaceX and Tesla.

Jibartik
10-27-2021, 12:57 PM
Considering joe biden is such a skeleton at this point he cant even pass gas, let alone legislation, I dont think we'll be seeing any unrealized capitol gains taxes this administration lol

nostalgiaquest
10-27-2021, 01:00 PM
Wait who’s Baler? Ooloo?

Whale biologist
10-27-2021, 01:02 PM
Not only did he not pay taxes, he received nearly 5 billion dollars in government funding for SpaceX and Tesla.

Because his realized losses from investing to create work opportunities for Democrats outweighed his realized gains from employing Democrats.

🖤

Whale biologist
10-27-2021, 01:03 PM
Wait who’s Baler? Ooloo?

Ooloo is not Baler.

Gatordash
10-27-2021, 01:04 PM
Ooloo is not Baler.

Why do you all have multiple accounts? You get banned and just make a new one or what?

cd288
10-27-2021, 01:13 PM
Why do you all have multiple accounts? You get banned and just make a new one or what?

A decent number of people on this thread have been banned over the past several months due to certain statements regarding things like COVID/vaccines, false election rigging claims, etc.

They just make new accounts

Botten
10-27-2021, 01:53 PM

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3379790&postcount=7559

baler

nostalgiaquest
10-27-2021, 01:57 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised. They’re both really stupid and annoying.

Ooloo
10-27-2021, 01:57 PM
Itt: dumbs who don't understand taxes think income tax is the only tax, they are also extremely envious of rich people.

Rich people contribute the vast majority of all tax revenue, nobody has yet disputed this. Because it's true.

And no I'm not baler.

nostalgiaquest
10-27-2021, 02:03 PM
Shut up Baler

Whale biologist
10-27-2021, 02:05 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised. They’re both really stupid and annoying.

Ooloo isn't stupid, he's evil. :p

Danth
10-27-2021, 02:05 PM
Rich people contribute the vast majority of all tax revenue, nobody has yet disputed this. Because it's true.

Last time I researched that subject--it's been awhile admittedly--the above was true, with the caveat that their overall contribution as a class was still less than their total proportion of wealth that they controlled. I'm not sure it's a case so much of you're wrong or they're right as it looks like each side in this one is talking past each other.

Danth

Ooloo
10-27-2021, 02:07 PM
Yes it's a smaller percentage. But 1% of a billion dollars is a hell of a lot more than 10% of 75k.

They also provide goods and services that move society forward. If anyone wants to make a better Tesla, go right ahead!

Botten
10-27-2021, 02:13 PM
Shut up Baler

lol

Gatordash
10-27-2021, 02:24 PM
Its starting already. They have lowered it from 1,000 billionaires to people with 400k in assets.

robayon
10-27-2021, 02:25 PM
Hell yeah get it lower, run this shit into the ground

Bardp1999
10-27-2021, 02:37 PM
top 1% of earners pay about 40% of total yearly income tax's while the bottom 90% pay about 30% of the total.

This is how it should be - if you are earning a million+ dollars per year compared to Joe Blow who makes $50k a year you should not be paying equal money. Joe Blow in many ways likely enables Richy Rich to make his millions.

Homesteaded
10-27-2021, 03:20 PM
The confusion is idiots think that a billionaire should pay more tax on their gallon of gas. As if any system like that would work, let alone be right.

Tunabros
10-27-2021, 03:27 PM
Shut up Baler

Ooloo
10-27-2021, 03:41 PM
Rich = Bad; the thread.

Who wants to be the dictator who decides how much money you're allowed to have? Any volunteers?

robayon
10-27-2021, 03:44 PM
I will volunteer but I will say I will go after golf courses and the military before I go after tax brackets

Jibartik
10-27-2021, 03:50 PM
people disguise their anti fun agenda by saying golf courses are for rich or evil people.

nostalgiaquest
10-27-2021, 03:56 PM
The confusion is idiots think that a billionaire should pay more tax on their gallon of gas. As if any system like that would work, let alone be right.

literally no one thinks that you old fool.

Whale biologist
10-27-2021, 04:27 PM

He's describing progressive tax brackets, which we already have had for a century. :p

nostalgiaquest
10-27-2021, 04:34 PM
I swear, he’s the personification of the old man yells at cloud meme.

Jibartik
10-27-2021, 04:36 PM
If we wan to tax people so bad lets just have world war 3

Homesteaded
10-27-2021, 05:09 PM

They most certainly do, you probably do but don't even know it.

Homesteaded
10-27-2021, 05:10 PM
I swear, he’s the personification of the old man yells at cloud meme.

You're easily swayed by an avatar. Nice racism.

Botten
10-27-2021, 05:12 PM
Rich = Bad; the thread.

Who wants to be the dictator who decides how much money you're allowed to have? Any volunteers?

Persons in the $1 million income filing bracket should have a tax rate of just over 40 percent of their adjusted gross income (AGI) for the year.

And before "Waaaaaaaaahh this would never and has never happen!!!" (https://www.aier.org/article/the-rich-never-actually-paid-70-percent/)

ah but it has and...

"The high tax rates of the 1950s were, of course, cut during the Reagan presidency"

Federal Reserve Board believed the tax cut re-ignited inflation and raise interest rates. This sparked a deep recession in 1981 and 1982. The high interest rates caused the value of the dollar to rise on the international exchange market, making American goods more expensive abroad. As a result, exports decreased while imports increased.

Yes, a republican president put us into recession by cutting taxes to the rich SURPRISE SURPRISE!

nostalgiaquest
10-27-2021, 05:15 PM
You're easily swayed by an avatar. Nice racism.

Nah just going off your post history and general attitude. Tell us again about them good ol days.

Shawk
10-27-2021, 08:05 PM
SVQapA1v95c

Jibartik
10-27-2021, 08:11 PM
Federal Reserve Board believed the tax cut re-ignited inflation and raise interest rates. This sparked a deep recession in 1981 and 1982. The high interest rates caused the value of the dollar to rise on the international exchange market, making American goods more expensive abroad. As a result, exports decreased while imports increased.

nah it was basically a nation of retards all pushing sticks off each others shoulders and not paying any attention to anything like you wouldn't with this program that would just continue to destroy the country the same way because there is no way to fix this because like climate change we have passed the point of no return.

Elizondo
10-27-2021, 09:02 PM
Why does Old Dude need to tax money that hasn't been made yet if his utopia bill doesn't cost anything

Patriam1066
10-27-2021, 09:17 PM
Why does Old Dude need to tax money that hasn't been made yet if his utopia bill doesn't cost anything

Because we’re bankrupt

Homesteaded
10-27-2021, 10:02 PM
Nah just going off your post history and general attitude. Tell us again about them good ol days.

Men were men, women were women.
Laws mattered.
Jesus was respected.
Safety wasn’t the pinnacle of parenting.
We all made off color jokes and laughed about it.
Real racism and discrimination was fading.
We downloaded maps off eqatlas.

Botten
10-27-2021, 10:10 PM

I mean he could have been like old orange failure who just borrowed the money from our future generation only to tank the economy and also lose LOSE TRILLIONS in the economy in his mismanagement of Covid.

Elizondo
10-27-2021, 10:12 PM
I mean he could have been like old orange failure who just borrowed the money from our future generation only to tank the economy and also lose LOSE TRILLIONS in the economy in his mismanagement of Covid.

Bro come on man

Don't be low IQ

Whale biologist
10-27-2021, 10:25 PM
Because we’re bankrupt

We aren't. Our f35 fleet alone is worth more than the entire GDP of Russia or Canada.

Botten
10-27-2021, 10:36 PM
Bro come on man

Don't be low IQ

I do believe your salty tears are causing you some high pure blood pressure.

Elizondo
10-27-2021, 10:43 PM
I do believe your salty tears are causing you some high pure blood pressure.

lol man

I didn't realize you actually believed Old Dude when he said his bill would cost zero dollars

My bad

Botten
10-27-2021, 11:00 PM
lol man

I didn't realize you actually believed Old Dude when he said his bill would cost zero dollars

My bad

Ain’t no lose of 6 Trillion borrowed by your Orange grand high pure blood wizard; topped with:

An estimated lose of more than $16 trillion due to his mismanagement of Covid in the US.
https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2020/11/what-might-covid-cost-the-u-s-experts-eye-16-trillion/

Oh right any links to information upsets you in your delicate safe space nudged between your Facebook feed and pure blood kin folk.

Elizondo
10-27-2021, 11:07 PM
Ain’t no lose of 6 Trillion borrowed by your Orange grand high pure blood wizard; topped with:

An estimated lose of more than $16 trillion due to his mismanagement of Covid in the US.
https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2020/11/what-might-covid-cost-the-u-s-experts-eye-16-trillion/

Oh right any links to information upsets you in your delicate safe space nudged between your Facebook feed and pure blood kin folk.

Bro you're obsessed with Orange Dude

More peeps died under Old Dude than Orange Dude from the Chinaflu. Facts.

Whale biologist
10-27-2021, 11:08 PM
Bro you're obsessed with Orange Dude

More peeps died under Old Dude than Orange Dude from the Chinaflu. Facts.

Who was President longer under covid?

Number go up

Elizondo
10-27-2021, 11:16 PM
Who was President longer under covid?

Number go up

Old Dude said if 200K died on his watch he shouldn't be prez

Whale biologist
10-27-2021, 11:27 PM
Old Dude said if 200K died on his watch he shouldn't be prez

Okay but who was president longer?

Elizondo
10-27-2021, 11:40 PM

Bro the data was compared over a 10 month period for both prez by John Hopkins

More died under Old Dude

ce9_pVL37nw

Jibartik
10-27-2021, 11:43 PM

trump.

first US case Jan 20 2020 - Jan 20 2021 Trumps last day in office = 1 year (exactly, strange there must be something biblical about that)

first day biden presidency Jan 20 2021 - Ocober 27 2021 = 10 months

Jibartik
10-27-2021, 11:46 PM
We aren't. Our f35 fleet alone is worth more than the entire GDP of Russia or Canada.

Opps the f35s dont launch because nobody was able to scramble them after our communications satellites are "cleaned up" and or the sound after the hypersonic missile vaporized them was causing interference.

Jibartik
10-27-2021, 11:48 PM
WA locked down in March and we had the first US case.

https://i.imgur.com/Pj5nN5h.png

🤷 you asked i googled

Whale biologist
10-27-2021, 11:50 PM
Anyway get out of the tax thread, this doesn't belong here I got confused. 😟

Jibartik
10-27-2021, 11:54 PM
Very unpresidential for Tromp to not have locked us down back then. Negligent in fact.

I agree, also democrats were like scoffing at masks because they're stupid idiots too.

They did change, but they were scoffing at them just the same as everyone else saying it was a flu until the same time we shut the country down.

Edit: Ill let myself out.

cd288
10-28-2021, 01:01 PM

That's not really the main motivation for unrealized capital gains tax. Based on your posts I'm not sure you understand much about things in general.

cd288
10-28-2021, 01:02 PM
I agree, also democrats were like scoffing at masks because they're stupid idiots too.

They did change, but they were scoffing at them just the same as everyone else saying it was a flu until the same time we shut the country down.

Edit: Ill let myself out.

Curios as to the source for those statements (not saying you're wrong I just don't recall aggressive push by Democrats that masks are dumb and don't work and that COVID wasn't dangerous)

Jibartik
10-28-2021, 01:23 PM
All I can offer is my experience and you know me well enough to know I'm offering the truth or not is up to you but this was my experience.

I found out about the pandemic through tiktok and youtube on my flight home from the holidays in December, at that time, being a doomer as you can imagine when I saw them pouring piles of dirt on doors to keep people in buildings I was like, "oh well here we go looks like zombie/virus is the end"

I bought a ton of masks etc for pre pandemic prices, and then like the murmurs of this stuff hit the USA and democrats and republicans alike, were doing what the establishment does, just scoffing at the idea of something like this happening.

and my jaw was on the floor listening to democrats I respected at the time saying not to wear and not to panic and I was like "well this is stupid masks work!"

and then it took a little while before they were in full panic mode to contrast trump while he was going china flu china flu, around that time. This was like all over the course leading up to march, which is where finally the country started taking it serious.

So somewhere in that 2-3 month period the dem leadership changed their tune. TBH I remember at the time thinking I should take screenshots and recordings of the stuff I was reading/listening to for this purpose but I was not that interested and I did think that we'd be on containerships evacuating cities by the time I needed them anyway.

cd288
10-28-2021, 01:45 PM
All I can offer is my experience and you know me well enough to know I'm offering the truth or not is up to you but this was my experience.

I found out about the pandemic through tiktok and youtube on my flight home from the holidays in December, at that time, being a doomer as you can imagine when I saw them pouring piles of dirt on doors to keep people in buildings I was like, "oh well here we go looks like zombie/virus is the end"

I bought a ton of masks etc for pre pandemic prices, and then like the murmurs of this stuff hit the USA and democrats and republicans alike, were doing what the establishment does, just scoffing at the idea of something like this happening.

and my jaw was on the floor listening to democrats I respected at the time saying not to wear and not to panic and I was like "well this is stupid masks work!"

and then it took a little while before they were in full panic mode to contrast trump while he was going china flu china flu, around that time. This was like all over the course leading up to march, which is where finally the country started taking it serious.

So somewhere in that 2-3 month period the dem leadership changed their tune. TBH I remember at the time thinking I should take screenshots and recordings of the stuff I was reading/listening to for this purpose but I was not that interested and I did think that we'd be on containerships evacuating cities by the time I needed them anyway.

I mean yeah it's kind of hard to believe the flat statements you're making without seeing the proof, but I will also try to do my own research and educate myself further.

If what you're referring to is basically a change in tune in early March 2020 vs. what they were saying at the end of 2019, I don't really fault them for that. There have been a lot of reports about the further conversations that were occurring during that time period where government officials began to be briefed about COVID and basically being told that yeah this is actually going to be a really significant problem etc. Those types of briefings along with what we'd seen COVID do elsewhere by March 2020 could easily account for a valid change in tune (and that's honestly exactly what I went through as well in terms of not thinking it was that big of a deal in December 2019/January 2020 to thinking it was going to be a big deal by late February 2020).

Jibartik
10-28-2021, 02:31 PM
Yean, it's very hard to do research for this, "quote of X democrat leaders saying not to wear masks, around 1.8 years ago" to find proof but you can take my word for it or dont. I have 9k posts so you can decide if you can or not on your own heh.

But, I definitely fault everyone who said not to wear masks in 2019, anyone with a brain knew that was a smart thing to do.

It's ignorant and stupid to say otherwise and democrats who say whatever the peopple want to hear is not something I think should be defended.

If someoen says not to wear masks because theyre in leadership then it's because they are ignorant and should have kept their mouths shut.

Giving these ignorant people passes because they are who you tend to vote for is why we cant have nice things.

It's worth considering if people spent less time worrying about what the other team says and more about what their own team does, then we'd have better politicians.

cd288
10-28-2021, 02:38 PM
Yean, it's very hard to do research for this, "quote of X democrat leaders saying not to wear masks, around 1.8 years ago" to find proof but you can take my word for it or dont. I have 9k posts so you can decide if you can or not on your own heh.

But, I definitely fault everyone who said not to wear masks in 2019, anyone with a brain knew that was a smart thing to do.

It's ignorant and stupid to say otherwise and democrats who say whatever the peopple want to hear is not something I think should be defended.

If someoen says not to wear masks because theyre in leadership then it's because they are ignorant and should have kept their mouths shut.

Giving these ignorant people passes because they are who you tend to vote for is why we cant have nice things.

It's worth considering if people spent less time worrying about what the other team says and more about what their own team does, then we'd have better politicians.

I don't disagree with you at all. That's why even though I'm center right I sometimes vote Democrat for local and Congressional elections. And voted for a Democrat for President this past election. Gotta pay more attention to what people are doing and how their policies actually affect you personally.

robayon
10-28-2021, 03:29 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that I like wearing masks because then I don't have to put on lipstick or brush my teeth, ever

Homesteaded
10-28-2021, 03:32 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that I like wearing masks because then I don't have to put on lipstick or brush my teeth, ever

So gross.

robayon
10-28-2021, 03:49 PM
So gross.The girls love it, my wife loves it, her boyfriend loves it, it's fuckin' great

Gatordash
10-28-2021, 03:52 PM
Best part of unrealized capital gains tax is Biden and the Fed can keep printing that money and devaluing the dollar cause assets then go up and they can recoup more when you sell.

unsunghero
10-28-2021, 04:50 PM
Best part of unrealized capital gains tax is Biden and the Fed can keep printing that money and devaluing the dollar cause assets then go up and they can recoup more when you sell.

Whale biologist
10-28-2021, 05:15 PM

Am I wrong in thinking they got laughed at for even mentioning it as an idea? :p

Shawk
10-28-2021, 05:29 PM
guis its ok trailer trash saved billionaires again

Homesteaded
10-28-2021, 05:39 PM
The size of those barges is always amazing.

nostalgiaquest
10-29-2021, 03:01 AM
I stood underneath an aircraft carrier in dry dock once when as was working at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. Very bizarre experience.

Jibartik
10-29-2021, 04:34 AM
I stood underneath an aircraft carrier in dry dock once when as was working at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. Very bizarre experience.

I just stood under a transport ship what the fuck are they going to transport godzilla?