PDA

View Full Version : SK Question SoU or AoN

Vaarsuvius
10-17-2021, 08:34 AM
Quick question for you SKs

I recently got Shroud of Undeath for my (ogre) sk who's already had an AoN for quite some time now

I'm just wondering whether I should just mem the spell and sell the AoN or keep the AoN for the insta clicky and resell the spell.

On the one hand, no gem wasted on a spell, no mana/ casting time... On the other hand, lots of cash available / trade options

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2021, 11:28 AM
As a Troll SK with SoU, I only use it for fashion, shrinking, or faction. As a big race, turning into a Skele kind of sucks because you can't slam. I would sell or repurpose the AoN, as SoU will fullfil all of your skele needs.

Vaarsuvius
10-17-2021, 12:38 PM
As a Troll SK with SoU, I only use it for fashion, shrinking, or faction. As a big race, turning into a Skele kind of sucks because you can't slam. I would sell or repurpose the AoN, as SoU will fullfil all of your skele needs.

Innoruuk's Curse 2-handed Bash FTW :)

DeathsSilkyMist
10-17-2021, 12:59 PM
Innoruuk's Curse 2-handed Bash FTW :)

Yeah, but that is only one weapon:) If you have any better ratio weapons like NToV weapons, Skele form kinda sucks. Also, it is annoying you need to use the "bash" skill specifically, as opposed to "Slam".

drakkan
10-20-2021, 11:08 PM
I would probably keep the AoN and put it on an alt if it's desirable to have that function on a different toon. SOU is fine. I think they both mess up your vision so you cant see at night so no upside to either of them there. The proc doesn't pull aggro, so no issues raiding. It's a 20 minute buff I think? I have it on my dark elf, and honestly, I rarely use it. You cant use skelly form in ToV anyway and I already look sexy af. Mostly like skelly form to eff around in. As an ogre you have some benefit with size but again, just use SOU, imo.

Master Roshi
12-17-2021, 08:38 PM
I went with Soul Defiler.

San'Drax
02-09-2022, 05:47 PM
Also skeleton illusion vision is awful

Toxigen
02-10-2022, 01:34 PM
Prob AoN to another char, me thinks.

Do you really need the plat from selling?

Ravager
02-10-2022, 07:58 PM
Definitely keep both and put the AoN on an alt for the Crushbone Skelly lulz.

Bardp1999
02-15-2022, 06:16 PM
Seems pretty obvious that if you have a skeleton illusion spell that an AoN is not necissary/wasted.

Your biggest mistake was not going Dark Elf