PDA

View Full Version : It is rumored......

Shourty
10-16-2021, 04:18 PM
There is a rumor that Horta ignores posts that compliment him. The rumored reason is that in his chosen position of contrarianism, he will have to take the other side and say the opposite. That's the hard part of being contrary, you get stuck there and ..... umm...something something. Not sure where I was going with this. Oh well, I've put this much effort into it I may as well continue.

Did you hear that Dr Fauchi has changed his mind so many times on masking, the vaccination and social distancing that he too has become a contrarianism proponent. Yes, it's almost like Horta could be Dr Fauchi. Have you ever seen them together? Huh? NO you haven't.

I think this is long enough.
Live long and prosper.

starkind
10-16-2021, 04:25 PM
That's why I give him compliment sandwiches with constructive criticism between.

Sometimes they are open faced tho :p

Whale biologist
10-16-2021, 04:32 PM
Did the Fauci movie good movie? I don't have disney.

starkind
10-16-2021, 06:16 PM
I'm watching scorpion r now

nostalgiaquest
10-16-2021, 06:19 PM
Is this what happens when an old person tries to meme?

Jibartik
10-16-2021, 06:22 PM
I have a rumor idea, that the facebook whistleblower was a plant, by facebook, to strip social media platforms of section 230 of the communications decency act of 1996 that protects big platforms from being held liable based on what a user posts on their sites.

The reason that section exists is because companies cannot possibly afford to pay to monitor content like that..

Unless... they are as big as facebook.

If that is removed, then there will never be any competition for facebook in that arena again.

So hey, since both parties want it now I'd say: Buy at the dip!

Evidence/sources: Facebook could sue the pants off this woman legally very easily to at the very least shut her up... but they haven't filed one suit... because she's their girl, planted by them.

starkind
10-16-2021, 07:17 PM
Probably

Ooloo
10-16-2021, 07:27 PM
I have a rumor idea, that the facebook whistleblower was a plant, by facebook, to strip social media platforms of section 230 of the communications decency act of 1996 that protects big platforms from being held liable based on what a user posts on their sites.

The reason that section exists is because companies cannot possibly afford to pay to monitor content like that..

Unless... they are as big as facebook.

If that is removed, then there will never be any competition for facebook in that arena again.

So hey, since both parties want it now I'd say: Buy at the dip!

Evidence/sources: Facebook could sue the pants off this woman legally very easily to at the very least shut her up... but they haven't filed one suit... because she's their girl, planted by them.

I mean she might be a plant, cause she's basically just saying "Hey you know how facebook censors things? Well, they should do it more".

Like, fuck you bitch go live in north korea, they censor everything there. You'll be in heaven.

"Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequence, hur hur hur!!" -something kim jong un would say

Ooloo
10-16-2021, 07:33 PM
Contrarian is just the opposite of dogmatic. Both are bad.

The correct path is logic, reason and critical thinking. And skepticism, but the first person you should be skeptical of is yourself.

Shourty
10-17-2021, 02:52 AM
Is this what happens when an old person tries to meme?

Maybe.

Shourty
10-17-2021, 02:55 AM

The correct path is logic, reason and critical thinking. And skepticism, but the first person you should be skeptical of is yourself.

Um hum.

imperiouskitten
10-17-2021, 03:11 AM
His Monster Truck of liberal love is moving too FAST and HARD to stop for lil ole fellow left wingers, minorities and cute girls. GRAVE DIGGERRR!!!

I'm not sure whether he is a real person or what either. I think "oppositional defiant disorder" is a real thing that makes it into adults though, indulged especially through anonymous political combat. But the sensation that bots or people larping GCHQ d&c techniques are among us is definitely real for JD, I've heard him say many times, and I tend to agree.

I file horchata under "turing incomplete".

imperiouskitten
10-17-2021, 03:20 AM

Just please do make sure that "skepticism" is grounded in material, scientific knowledge, or it will very easily be misused by authority. Without any basis to cross-reference, Occam's Razor appears to side with the mouth of authority every single time. Basic scientific knowledge is, frighteningly often, enough to dismantle consensus opinions that idiots labor over on television for literal years.

Remember when I gave you the correct scoop on COVID on Day 1? My "useless degree" allows me to do this. And what do you know, I can give you more accurate and actionable health information about COVID than Anthony Fauci. DO stay in school.

As a long-time "skeptic" in the Steven Novella sense (yes, I grew up listening to Skeptics Guide To The Universe and i wrote them stupid letters rebecca watson read on the show lol) I am pretty disgusted with where the Skeptic Movement ended up, and how handily it has been turned to the licking of boots and just basically being another networking venue for climbers who do little thinking.

Yes, Patriam. Literally. XDDDDD

So I am kinda down on "skepticism" as a word and feel liek it needs sort of an asterisk. But it is of course the way. Gabless.

BlackBellamy
10-17-2021, 08:02 AM
oppositional defiant disorder is just another name for narcissism imo

i don't know why make up new names for old stuff i mean i know why it's profit-driven thats just a rhetorical question

people go oppositionally defiant because someone is telling a god to do something
gods dont take orders asshole! they know better than you, so shut up.

starkind
10-17-2021, 10:24 AM
Turing incomplete.

R.i.p.