PDA

View Full Version : Yes, doggos do miss us, and cats too, probably for different reasons though.

starkind
10-14-2021, 02:04 PM
Devine recently filmed Bunny asking her questions about Uni, Devine's lost cat who has been gone for nearly four months. As Devine told Salon, prior to Uni's absence, Bunny didn't "talk" much about Uni.

"It was maybe like two months before he went missing that she had finally finally used the buttons, 'Uni family together,' which was a huge accomplishment because they had had such a tenuous and challenging relationship," Devine said. "And then, last week, it was just heartbreaking, she pressed 'cat bye,' and I just about burst into tears. My little heart couldn't handle it."

Advertisement:

00:00 00:00

It's not the first time Bunny has appeared to wonder about some one or some animal while they're gone. A couple months earlier, Devine's partner Johnny was at work. "Where dad bye?" Bunny asked.

Devine said Johnny worked from home all last year because of the pandemic. He's a high school teacher, and he's finally back to teaching in-person.

"The first week that he was back at school in the classroom, Bunny was very much asking about Johnny, pressing 'Where dad?,' 'Where dad bye?' for a lot of the day, for several days in a row," Devine said.

https://www.salon.com/2021/10/10/do-dogs-miss-us-when-we-are-gone-a-talking-dog-offers-insights/

Imo even me and the little anoles and wasps outside have a repore. And I feel like I've befriended spiders and a palmetto bug even once.

Point is. You'll be missed. All life is sacred and interwoven even if it doesn't think or feel or behave like you and you even think it's gross. You are still a part of it's world and it yours, we are inseparable.

Have some reverence for nature, the earth, the web of life, and your place inside of her great spirit.

wuanahto
10-14-2021, 07:46 PM
All life is sacred.

With almost 8 billion humans on this planet and people getting into irl fights over dragons from a 22 year old online game I dont know if this is true anymore.

Like 200 or so years ago before modern medicine when the infant mortality rate was like 80% and dying from an infected splinter in adulthood was a high probability.. yeah sure life was sacred then but god damn. Walk around any metropolis city for awhile to really cement this.

brb hear cat downstairs ripping the place up to catch the seasonal mice.

Jibartik
10-14-2021, 08:52 PM
What if all we are is really elaborate flowers and all all of what we’re talking about is just our basic instinct to spread.

Every person is just a flower of a gigantic plant.

One lives or dies makes no difference.

The only one arguing about the sanctity of the flower is the conscience the flower invented so that it could spread itself far and wide, because the conscience that it created thinks it’s sad when each flower dies.

Every feeling that you ever had is just a chemical evolutionary test to see which version of the current flower is the best.

Makes everything seem so pointless to me.

Jibartik
10-14-2021, 08:55 PM
Humans are the husk that surrounds a coconut.

Our souls are as valuable as a coconut.

Our feelings only exist to protect the coconut.

The coconut excretes oils that make us dream so that it pushes us to take the coconut to other places far and wide.

Desire and want, is just a construct created by a single cellular organism for no other reason then to make itself feed automatically.

All we are is an elaborate seed/flower.

One plant. An entire planet. Zero brain. Consciousness as special as the oil on the leaf of a poison oak plant.

starkind
10-14-2021, 09:00 PM
With almost 8 billion humans on this planet and people getting into irl fights over dragons from a 22 year old online game I dont know if this is true anymore.

Like 200 or so years ago before modern medicine when the infant mortality rate was like 80% and dying from an infected splinter in adulthood was a high probability.. yeah sure life was sacred then but god damn. Walk around any metropolis city for awhile to really cement this.

brb hear cat downstairs ripping the place up to catch the seasonal mice.

Really glad you have a cat guardian.

Ya I feel you. Homo sapiens sapiens makes me question the nature of myself and the universe.

It's really hard to go into late at night and on my cellphone. I hope to provide a perspective that includes the pain that the universe experiences through us. In counterpoint.

I have met so many really great people. I have grown so much. And our cats love us. There's so many great cat and doggo people. We are living in a paradise compared to most.

Much of the universe is a reflection or mirror.

Look at a picture of a brain and tree. We follow a pattern and the golden ratio is expressed by our DNA.

Cats are a part of this and I'm greatful for them even though it's really painful to lose them. Or watch them grow old. I feel like I have had specific cats adopt me and guard my home with their spiritual energy. We had say goodbye to a really noble and old feral patriarch recently. And he was the warmest gentlest and most doting wild spirit. We grew together and he taught me how to be strong and kind. From claws and suspicion to lap cuddles. I never really coaxed him or asked for his affection. He is missed. I wish he where here. I know he's in a better world now though. His old bones couldn't carry him anymore.

starkind
10-14-2021, 09:18 PM
What if all we are is really elaborate flowers and all all of what we’re talking about is just our basic instinct to spread.

Every person is just a flower of a gigantic plant.

One lives or dies makes no difference.

The only one arguing about the sanctity of the flower is the conscience the flower invented so that it could spread itself far and wide, because the conscience that it created thinks it’s sad when each flower dies.

Every feeling that you ever had is just a chemical evolutionary test to see which version of the current flower is the best.

Makes everything seem so pointless to me.

Humans are the husk that surrounds a coconut.

Our souls are as valuable as a coconut.

Our feelings only exist to protect the coconut.

The coconut excretes oils that make us dream so that it pushes us to take the coconut to other places far and wide.

Desire and want, is just a construct created by a single cellular organism for no other reason then to make itself feed automatically.

All we are is an elaborate seed/flower.

One plant. An entire planet. Zero brain. Consciousness as special as the oil on the leaf of a poison oak plant.

That's DNA

It's in everything.

Fungus.

Plant.

Animal.

And it's all shared back and forth in this frothy soup.

It exists because there's energy in the universe helping to organize what we call matter. That energy is part of a mandala far greater than itself and so are you.

https://i.imgur.com/CnKPW1S.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/FRG3zV0.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/Rb4Z8mX.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/sIhxKMr.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/ishfX9L.jpeg
http://imgur.com/gallery/VYVaB

This same mandala looks different under different frequencies of light at different wavelengths and with different perspectives. This is the flower of life. And a wave can create a mandala. Imagine each mandala as a point within an even greater mandala.

https://i.imgur.com/0OsXzBk.jpeg

I'm yourself. A part of yourself. Talking to you. Telling you. To connect with yourself. Especially the untamed and free parts of yourself. Listen to the life and nature, forest, plants, bugs, fungi, virii, bacteria, mold, lichen, photosensitive rocks, wind, sun, energy life around you.

It's alive and watching itself. And you. Through you. Me. And the birds are singing like a network of neurons all linked and firing off in its own waves and patterns.

Stay connected to this world. You are being remembered. You are remembered. And remembering.

Love you.

imperiouskitten
10-14-2021, 09:24 PM
Yes but family adoption is very different from a totally indifferent dependent, bdsm ANIMAL wife who begs you for food using the SEXUAL MATING TROPES in its repertoire and fundamentally does not care for you. Still twisted af. Also they have that piss virus like a wild animal and surprise surprise, it works through sexuality. I'm not commenting on the innocence of the kitten's soul here but the relationship between humans and cats, its origins, and its dark reality.

starkind
10-14-2021, 09:29 PM
I could not have stopped this cat from loving me. Aside from simply not existing at all. At some point this will be the case. Yet. Me and this cat will still have existed.

On some level we want a connection to eachother and the universe. Even if I really took every step to negotiate life free from this cat. It was here. I am here. We enriched eachothers lives. I've enriched yours. And through me so has this cat.

And yes you're right about the piss virus and I guess the sexual mating tropes? It rubbing itself on me?

It's all part of that creepy frothy DNA foam. Fuck that virus it's in the dirt everywhere here, was long before me, and will probably be for future generations. Heck a few bits of that cat song will probably pass through the millenia and even make it into a transmission to tau alpha ceti. Which has shown its light down on cat and Homo alike for our entire collective existence.

I'm not justifying ownership. Breeding. Domestication. Or any of it. Just objectively looking at it and how we underestimate and undervalue their inhuman natural intelligence. They're still at our mercy in most regards and it befits enlightenment to respect that and question why we and they are even here at all and what is the universe gaining from it.

It may be a netzero sum yet that information does exist a time.

Revel in it all.

Many edits.

Jibartik
10-14-2021, 09:29 PM
That's DNA

It's in everything.

Fungus.

Plant.

Animal.

And it's all shared back and forth in this frothy soup.

It exists because there's energy in the universe helping to organize what we call matter. That energy is part of a mandala far greater than itself and so are you.

https://i.imgur.com/CnKPW1S.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/FRG3zV0.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/Rb4Z8mX.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/sIhxKMr.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/ishfX9L.jpeg
http://imgur.com/gallery/VYVaB

This same mandala looks different under different frequencies of light at different wavelengths and with different perspectives. This is the flower of life. And a wave can create a mandala. Imagine each mandala as a point within an even greater mandala.

https://i.imgur.com/0OsXzBk.jpeg

I'm yourself. A part of yourself. Talking to you. Telling you. To connect with yourself. Especially the untamed and free parts of yourself. Listen to the life and nature, forest, plants, bugs, fungi, virii, bacteria, mold, lichen, photosensitive rocks, wind, sun, energy life around you.

It's alive and watching itself. And you. Through you. Me. And the birds are singing like a network of neurons all linked and firing off in its own waves and patterns.

Stay connected to this world. You are being remembered. You are remembered. And remembering.

Love you.

it's crazy to think that Im both ghandi and hitler (and trump!)

I guess it's nice to be a part of something.

Gonna be real akward when me and horza find out we're conjoined at the mental hip after we move on.

imperiouskitten
10-14-2021, 09:32 PM
I could not have stopped this cat from loving me. Aside from simply not existing at all. At some point this will be the case. Yet. Me and this cat will still have existed.

On some level we want a connection to eachother and the universe. Even if I really took every step to negotiate life free from this cat. It was here. I am here. We enriched eachothers lives. I've enriched yours. And through me so has this cat.

That's all well & true but I would not sin by breeding twisted, unhappy captive animals any further. Now maybe cats are happier on average than I understand and that really would balance the scales a bit. But I have met seriously disturbed cats, leg climbers, etc. Perhaps more often than not. Cats with emotional distress.

But the type of relationship you are seeking if you purchase a bred cat disturbs me fundamentally and none of this addresses that. It is sexually rooted. I do admire and revere the high art of the captive kitten who never in her life reveals her indifference in a way her alien daddymom*** recognizes though.

***not a transphobic i just think it works better that way generically. I do think cats work their sensual performance through the "male eye" so to speak. I can fully understand a sane rationale behind being a cat lady who only adopts and fixes her animals though. Yes their lives have meaning. But the domestic cat is a distortion of nature with an ugly and profoundly STRANGE basis which is not understood. That's all.

Dogs are a much less disturbing story because of the pack behavior we domesticated them through, which includes complex and real understanding of relationships. Not just sexual displays for reward (as this is the only social behavior cats are briefed in except the unstable(?) mothering process).

BUT u've got me. I don't really know that much about cats intimately tbh and I'm not sure how happy their lives are with basic amenities, so I'm probly mostly fishing. Sorry for being overly theatrical about it. Always adopt tho. It's not like extinguishing them as a species is the right thing either tho. It's biblical

ill read ur edit

Jibartik
10-14-2021, 09:34 PM
Maybe life is a test to see how you behave around dogs, and when you die you find out they run heaven.

That's why dogs dont "go" to heaven when they die, because they are already there.

starkind
10-14-2021, 09:42 PM
That's all well ......
I feel you. Absolutely. Your point stands. And I appreciate it. Reread my edit.

I don't know or think if there's a higher or singular authority than man or cat. This judgment has been cast. And it's out there in the wild.

starkind
10-14-2021, 09:45 PM
it's crazy to think that Im both ghandi and hitler (and trump!)

I guess it's nice to be a part of something.

Gonna be real akward when me and horza find out we're conjoined at the mental hip after we move on.

Maybe life is a test to see how you behave around dogs, and when you die you find out they run heaven.

That's why dogs dont "go" to heaven when they die, because they are already there.

Ya rly awkward, when I realized it tho. I really stopped wanting to be an assbutt. I still am. I guess. More out of caring than any desire to retaliate or dominate though.

starkind
10-14-2021, 09:50 PM
Ya rly awkward, when I realized it tho. I really stopped wanting to be an assbutt. I still am. I guess. More out of caring than any desire to retaliate or dominate though.

Less out of fear of retribution. Or hell.

More because I wanted to heal. And I know I'm dying. And I know it's really soon in a cosmic sense. And I've just begun to understand what I am really a part of.

Anyway. I should give you all time to chime and I should stop posting and digest your replies and rest.

I feel like I did a fair job expressing how I feel and care, and that it's coming from my plurality, not just prime universe me.

imperiouskitten
10-14-2021, 09:52 PM
okay you're right :) i read it and it's well put. Thinking about it I am very sorry about using this angle. and i'm sorry that wasn't my first reply.

starkind
10-14-2021, 09:53 PM
@impk. I like rereading threads over and over.

I see your edits too. Eventually.

Jibartik
10-14-2021, 10:04 PM

Yeah I thought about this a lot.

Like also the 16 archetypes idea, where there are 16 different copies of people out there and the only difference between them is environmental.

And if that one is true I'm like, damn put me with Trumps parents and I'm Trump?!? Damn.

Imagine the reckoning when you die and find out the bulk of all the people you hated were you haha

also makes me wonder if the only marriages that work are the people who married themselves.

starkind
10-14-2021, 10:10 PM
Ya.

I'm not a huge fan of breeding or engineering anything anymore simply for my pleasure. (We will, are, doing this to entire ecosystems now, entire forests). We affect the rivers more than the wolves. I imagine people want to engineer entire habitats and ecosystems in space or elsewhere entirely from the ground up. I wonder how the universe will respond. Will there be mutations and ripples through our gardens beyond our control?

Not man. Cat. Wheat. Viruses. Whatever.

We play God far too often.

You're right there's something sexual about the masculine affect for cats. And women do it too. When I was a little kid. I was exposed to a house cat which I mothered, and unfairly treated like a sibling.

I'm not trying to "elevate" or make my rescue cats more "human". I have developed some rudimentary communication with them out of necessity. I can't bring myself to kill them or simply have ignored them completely and watched them die. I then took that step of becoming responsible for them.

The onus is on me to pay attention and meet their needs. And not try to warp them for my own amusement.

I'm maybe at a stage where as I die and age I will have to watch as the strays and my furry friends suffer and die without my aid. I feel horrible for that.

5 years though this one wild kitten would surely 100% be dead by now if I had not intervened. I couldn't let nature take her course and expended a great deal of capital literally saving her through surgical and pharmaceutical intervention.

She seems quite happy now most of the time from as cat a perspective as I can give. And she's not sleeping in the cold running from a pack of wild dogs. Or being harassed over territory by other cats or being a kitten factory. Although she would have died, she somehow got ovarian or uterine cysts as a 6 month old. It's insane how nature does that. It could have been the lack of attention and confinement as I was in and out of the hospital and my family were being brutes.

imperiouskitten
10-14-2021, 10:13 PM
i only trolled you about that because it was convenient, but it was too far. u can be the good cat owner, i believe it.

starkind
10-14-2021, 10:27 PM
Believe it or not I really appreciate some of the unfiltered responses. Like ya. It's creepy weird how I feel like my brain has changed around them. It's the fairest point you've made and really easy to lose perspective on.

Alice has fallen down the rabbit hole. Though.

I often think of what it would be like to disconnect and live completely free and away from cats, and even other people. Like maybe even in VR land where I created all the characters and programmed all the interactions between components. And I often find myself reaching for simplicity. A clean and empty white space. Or just floating in emptiness.

I'm doing what I can to simply become an observer in my environment and stop controlling it. Yet I constantly always yearn at some level for the most minimalistic simplicity and graceful elegance to my existence, life, its always too messy.. At its most extreme. This would be a completely controlled and almost still, barren, lifeless world, think the surface of the moon. Or just falling through space on a random tangent past everything.

unsunghero
10-14-2021, 10:28 PM
Of course dogs miss us, has no one heard of the Fido statue?

“Fido (1941 – June 9, 1958) was an Italian dog that came to public attention in 1943 because of his demonstration of unwavering loyalty to his dead master. Fido was written about in many Italian and international magazines and newspapers, appeared in newsreels throughout Italy, and was bestowed several honors, including a public statue erected in his honor.[1]” Wikipedia

The story:

“One evening on his way home from work in 1941, an Italian man named Carlo Soriani came across an injured mixed-breed puppy. He took the poor creature home, nursed him back to health, and adopted him as his own. For several years, the dog would follow him everywhere, including to and from the bus stop Carlo used for work each day

The pup would wait patiently in the nearby square for his caretaker to return and excitedly welcome him back as he stepped off the bus. His devotion earned him the name Fido, translated from the Latin word “fidus,” which means faithful.

That steadfast devotion would continue long after Carlo failed to come home after work one day. In 1943, Carlo’s factory was hit during a WWII air raid. Fido couldn’t possibly have known what happened, but nonetheless, his faithfulness never wavered. Every single day for the remainder of his life, Fido made the same trip from the same house to the same bus stop and back again, looking for his master.

The story of his devotion soon spread beyond the town and even the country as international publications, including TIME magazine, captured his story. Borgo San Lorenzo, his hometown, even honored him with a gold medal and his own bronze statue. Once destined for life on the street, Fido became the stuff of legend

Fido passed away in the only way befitting his name: waiting for Carlo to come home from work. The best friends reunited when Carlo’s wife laid Fido to rest near her husband’s cemetery. His days of waiting were over and his enduring patience was finally rewarded.”

Jibartik
10-14-2021, 11:03 PM
Dogs dont go to heaven, because this is doggy heaven, and we're here to service them.

starkind
10-14-2021, 11:06 PM
Ya. I'm grateful for doggos too.

unsunghero
10-14-2021, 11:09 PM
My ma just got a mini aussie last week

starkind
10-15-2021, 09:19 AM
Awww, what a cutey. I've had the pleasure of meeting a pack of 7 cattledogs on a farm once, they were quite the circus :p

-‐-------

Some of the caterpillars contained a parasitic wasp, Hyposoter horticola, which bursts from the caterpillar before it can pupate and become a butterfly. Living inside some of these small wasps was another even tinier, rarer parasite, a “hyperparasitoid” wasp known as Mesochorus cf. stigmaticus. It kills the parasitic wasp around the same time as the wasp kills the caterpillar, and emerges 10 days later from the caterpillar’s carcass.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/butterflies-parasitic-wasps-finland.amp

Just another layer of this madness. I feel like we wouldn't exist without having nature produce us. And there are trillions of little carriers constantly floating around between us and through us.

More weirdness.

weKfI5UPen8