PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Solo Warrior Thread

Midoo
10-03-2021, 07:01 AM
44 Barbarian Warrior, in full classic bis (crafted) but no haste belt, wielding kunark weapons (acid etched and green jade). Leatherfoot cap, invis ring, SoW Lev and IvU pots.

Is there any place I could level him solo? I like logging in the morning at GMT time when no one is online so I can have entire zones to myself. With bandages I can restore myself to 50% relatively quick so if any mob takes less than half my health pool to kill I can solo there at reasonable speed (for a melee class)

I didn't play much during Kunark so I have no idea what the good 44+ zones are. What I tried so far is specs, Grobb and Oggok guards and they were fairly unpleasant.

Is there hope for a cheap twinked solo warrior or do I just get used to afking with the LFG tag for hours?

Crede
10-03-2021, 08:37 AM
Bloodgills in loio are the 44-51 solo game. You should be able to do the 4 in front that don’t require splitting. I’ve never done them without pretty good gear though, but it’s worth a shot. If they’re too hard I’d grab some shrink pots and head to sol a gnomes until 46. Then go back to bloodgills.

SlankyLanky
10-03-2021, 10:18 AM
My war did tarn bearcrusher in east freeport from around 44 to 49 iirc. pretty much the same gear, i had mostly crafted and i think i was using 2 yaks at the time. bandages and food right downstairs, guards or close npcs dont assist and no faction hits.

jolanar
10-03-2021, 11:05 AM
There was a thread about a dark elf warrior about six months ago who soloed all the way to 50 I think it was on Green. He was solo self found too, so it's definitely doable.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382508

That being said, If I was in your shoes, I would focus on farming plat until I could buy some SCHW before I tried to solo again. Shouldn't take too long.

Snaggles
10-03-2021, 11:10 AM
Sol b is pretty easy to 50. Or picking some easy mobs in like HK.

SlankyLanky
10-03-2021, 11:04 PM
Sol b is pretty easy to 50. Or picking some easy mobs in like HK.

i could be wrong but wouldnt a 44 solo war with mostly classic gear get smoked in solb real quick?

Croco
10-03-2021, 11:27 PM
wrong forum

loserofgame
10-04-2021, 01:57 AM
44 Barbarian Warrior, in full classic bis (crafted) but no haste belt, wielding kunark weapons (acid etched and green jade)...

...is there hope for a cheap twinked solo warrior or do I just get used to afking with the LFG tag for hours?

The short answer is you are not twinked enough to solo effectively. Consider another poster's suggestion of farming some plat (go kill level 20-30 enemies who drop things) and pick up better/more gear, especially a haste item (SCHW will increase your DPS considerably)

The long answer is yes it is possible to gain positive exp, but aside from using unconventional kill strats (bow kiting, aggro kiting) you will not be able to toe-to-toe monsters without significant downtime. You can bandage to 50%, but you can't exp mobs with only 50% starting health most of the time with that level of gear at 44.

If you don't mind spending time looking in EC tunnel for upgrades, make some platinum while LFG and purchase upgrades. If you prefer to rough it, someone's suggestion of Tarn Bearcrusher as a solo spot is decent (warning: you will lose money at this camp from food/drink/bandages alone as Tarn Bearcrusher drops no coin and next to no loot).

Naethyn
10-04-2021, 02:47 AM
Add every healer to your friends list as you go.

Toxigen
10-05-2021, 10:32 AM
/who all shaman 40 48

jadier
10-05-2021, 12:49 PM
Farming for a haste item and some nicer weaps then soloing will probably be faster than soloing as is.

Instead of spending forever lfg though, just find a shaman and ask to duo. Necro might work as well, if they aren’t charm killing. Either duo partner would be great.

Tunabros
10-05-2021, 02:11 PM
duos are fun

shamans for the win!

if not, druids are neat too

Keebz
10-05-2021, 04:42 PM
...haste belt, wielding kunark weapons (acid etched and green jade)...

So you need a haste item and better weapons. For soloing you really want a nice 2hander (Staff of Battle comes to mind) and not fast proccing weapons. If you like dual wielding a Wurmy is surprisingly good. If you're flat broke, I can lend you a Swirlspine Belt, but I go out of town soon so get at me.

I solo'd a bunch on my warriors. I did random trash around CoM on Blue and on Green I did guards in Steamfont and Mistress Anna/4th floor guards in HHK as I was evil. Since you're good though, there's a solo Ogre Bouncer in the Feerrott that should be ideal for you once you get some gear.

Balimon
10-12-2021, 04:44 PM
Something that no one mentioned is Yetis in dreadlands. This is a great spot, not sure if your gear is up for it though.

Midoo
10-13-2021, 02:53 PM
Update: I gave up and just ended up tanking City of Mist Arena to 48 then Hole entrance after. Warrior is now 50. I won a haste belt from Sky and I invested in a Staff of Battle to solo with and WESS+Kunzar Ku'juch dual wield when tanking.

In my high 40s I could do Iceclad and Eastern Wastes giants. It was a pain in the ass but with enough bandages I could at least get a bubble or two while sitting LFG. The tools I name it earlier make it possible though not optimal. If I had Fungi and Velious weapons I'm pretty sure I could do it consistently.

At 50 I couldn't think of any place I could solo at so I just resigned to doing the Hole all the way to 60.

So yeah, here's the final path I took:
1-5: Starting zone
6-12: Nearby dungeon
13-16: Unrest yard
17-20: Gorge of Xorbb muddites
21-24: EK crag spiders
25-28: South Karana wilderness
29-36: Splitpaw (amazing xp, safe and easy kills-- probably the only fun part to solo)
37-45: Cazic Thule AoF pyramid courtyard (invis ring there then arrow pick blue cons)
46-48: Iceclad Ocean wilderness around the druid ring
48+: Gave up and did the Hole. I assume you can do city guards or Permafrost if you're better geared than I was

wagorf
10-28-2021, 09:21 AM
Grats, and Respect, for putting in the effort to level a war without twinking

Eyry
11-05-2021, 01:09 PM
Update: I gave up and just ended up tanking City of Mist Arena to 48 then Hole entrance after. Warrior is now 50. I won a haste belt from Sky and I invested in a Staff of Battle to solo with and WESS+Kunzar Ku'juch dual wield when tanking.

In my high 40s I could do Iceclad and Eastern Wastes giants. It was a pain in the ass but with enough bandages I could at least get a bubble or two while sitting LFG. The tools I name it earlier make it possible though not optimal. If I had Fungi and Velious weapons I'm pretty sure I could do it consistently.

At 50 I couldn't think of any place I could solo at so I just resigned to doing the Hole all the way to 60.

So yeah, here's the final path I took:
1-5: Starting zone
6-12: Nearby dungeon
13-16: Unrest yard
17-20: Gorge of Xorbb muddites
21-24: EK crag spiders
25-28: South Karana wilderness
29-36: Splitpaw (amazing xp, safe and easy kills-- probably the only fun part to solo)
37-45: Cazic Thule AoF pyramid courtyard (invis ring there then arrow pick blue cons)
46-48: Iceclad Ocean wilderness around the druid ring
48+: Gave up and did the Hole. I assume you can do city guards or Permafrost if you're better geared than I was

This.

City of Mist is pretty fun. Sometimes you can group there. If not, just pick mobs off. Pull to ent if you get more than 1. Kill 1 and then zone, wait, then kill other one to break up camp. COM from 45-49ish