PDA

View Full Version : What does it even mean to be pro life?

Grumph
09-18-2021, 10:58 PM
If you truly believe life is sacred?

You should spend all your energy trying to convince those who disagree… that your just swell and they shouldn’t call you bad names.

Yes. Other people’s opinions matter! Even more than… the lives… of kids.

Whale biologist
09-18-2021, 11:10 PM
what's up with her face? it doesn't look like something that God would make.

the laura person i mean

unsunghero
09-18-2021, 11:24 PM
“Why do conservatives who act like they are pro life then make cuts to social safety nets if they care about life”

Policy decisions should be some of the hardest decisions humans have to make in life, because we are dealing with people’s lives

I’m not saying policy making should be devoid of human empathy or compassion, but basing policy strictly around compassion is not the best route to take as well

I know this makes me sound like a serial killer, so I’ll offer a basic (and sort of extreme) example: the lifeboat scenario. You have a lifeboat with a set capacity (analogy for resources), and it’s filling with people with many more still in the ocean. There will eventually come a point where too many people are on the boat and the whole thing sinks. So someone has to decide, and what’s really fucked up, ensure that too many people do not get in the boat. That’s the most fucked up decision to ever have to make, and it’s the most fucked up position to have to watch people die and not be able to help them

But that is sometimes a part of policy making, including with COVID. No covid policy is ever going to be around the goal of preventing all COVID deaths. Death is understood and accepted. The policy should ideally attempt to minimize death while also preventing the entire ship (economy) from going under

Note: I hope people don’t think this that I’m arguing saying cuts to social safety nets are always a good thing. They certainly make my job a lot harder! I’m just expressing why they can still come from people capable of feeling compassion and empathy

Whale biologist
09-18-2021, 11:30 PM
example: the lifeboat scenario. You have a lifeboat with a set capacity (analogy for resources)

there is no set capacity

unsunghero
09-18-2021, 11:36 PM
there is no set capacity

Yes, just as surely nor is there unlimited capacity. Where the limit is set is always going to be somewhat ambiguous

Also, I know that my analogy can be flipped as a pro-choice argument since abortions are partly due to the perception that adoption centers have limited resources as well

That’s fair. But pro-lifers see a direction connection with a death from abortion far moreso than the indirect connection of a death from a slight cut to a social safety net. For one, these are adults who may not have been born into the easiest life but have had basic rights and opportunities that all Americans get, and may not have made the best choices. Ultimately, we can only do so much to protect people from the results of their choices as adults. Also, while cuts could result in deaths, what also happens is other services begin to take on that need. For example, in every major city there are food banks which give away food donated from grocery stores that is approaching its sticker date. If cuts are made to something such as food stamps, food banks bear the burden of extra demand. It’s not always a “well cuts were made to food stamps so now people are going to starve and die” scenario

Horza
09-18-2021, 11:39 PM
That’s fair. But pro-lifers see a direction connection with a death from abortion far moreso than the indirect connection of a death from a slight cut to a social safety net. For one, these are adults who may not have been born into the easiest life but have had basic rights and opportunities that all Americans get, and may not have made the best choices. Ultimately, we can only do so much to protect people from the results of their choices as adults. Also, while cuts could result in deaths, what also happens is other services begin to take on that need. For example, in every major city there are food banks which give away food donated from grocery stores that is approaching its sticker date. If cuts are made to something such as food stamps, food banks bear the burden of extra demand. It’s not always a “well cuts were made to food stamps so now people are going to starve and die” scenario

TL;DR Republicans are only pro-life if you're a fetus.

unsunghero
09-18-2021, 11:42 PM

Exactly. They actually celebrate possible deaths from safety net cuts. You’d know this if you came to some of our White Supremacy meetings. They make snuff films out of them

unsunghero
09-18-2021, 11:51 PM
But in regards to that bombing, yes it’s fucked up. Wasn’t there just an incident where innocent civilians including kids were killed in a drone strike? Is this another one now?

Whale biologist
09-18-2021, 11:55 PM
nor is there unlimited capacity.

https://i.imgur.com/ohDKCIO.jpg

Whale biologist
09-18-2021, 11:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/4twTL6E.jpg

unsunghero
09-18-2021, 11:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ohDKCIO.jpg

Money printer go brrr? :)

Jibartik
09-18-2021, 11:59 PM
I hope the cure for cancer requires the brains of 6 month gestated fetus brains.

Whale biologist
09-19-2021, 12:03 AM
Money printer go brrr? :)

Capitalism go brr

Jibartik
09-19-2021, 12:04 AM
https://i.imgur.com/EvR0VXK.png

unsunghero
09-19-2021, 12:08 AM
Capitalism go brr

Let’s hope so. I’m rooting for it, because it’s up against a giant

The second graph only goes to 2017, but I doubt that projected downward slope happened especially post 2020 heh

Jibartik
09-19-2021, 12:09 AM
As you can see each year we destroy babies we increase profits.

Whale biologist
09-19-2021, 12:11 AM
Let’s hope so. I’m rooting for it, because it’s up against a giant

The second graph only goes to 2017, but I doubt that projected downward slope happened especially post 2020 heh

okay so a population growth chart and a misapprehension about farm subsidies? :confused:

e: something changed with the way you post pics. i can't quote them anymore

Jibartik
09-19-2021, 12:14 AM
Commies use imgur because you can share them

conservatives upload attachments because it's an individuals duty to work if they want to use something.

unsunghero
09-19-2021, 12:15 AM
okay so a population growth chart and a misapprehension about farm subsidies? :confused:

e: something changed with the way you post pics. i can't quote them anymore

Sing it with me, “some of these shapes aren’t like the others, some of these shapes don’t belong”

unsunghero
09-19-2021, 12:18 AM
The only way I know how to post pics is to hit “go advanced” and then click on the paperclip icon and upload them that way

Would be down to learn a better way if so

Nocht
09-19-2021, 12:25 AM
https://i.imgur.com/4twTL6E.jpg

and they say christians believe in fairy tales holy fuck

Homesteaded
09-19-2021, 12:33 AM

Funny thing is, if you aren't pro life for a fetus how can you really be pro life? Because you know that's where it starts. Hard to live if you've never lived, that make sense?

unsunghero
09-19-2021, 12:35 AM
Either way while state government might have their own versions, it looks like there isn’t anything to worry about from the feds

“Biden administration announces the biggest increase to food stamps ever”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/16/biden-administration-announces-biggest-increase-to-food-stamps-ever.html

I don’t have a problem with this (so long as it doesn’t lead to huge economy problems down the road). It makes my job easier which is a selfish reason but potentially helps others which is a self-less reason so they balance each other out :)

Horza
09-19-2021, 12:47 AM
Funny thing is, if you aren't pro life for a fetus how can you really be pro life? Because you know that's where it starts. Hard to live if you've never lived, that make sense?

fUspLVStPbk

Jibartik
09-19-2021, 12:53 AM
The only way I know how to post pics is to hit “go advanced” and then click on the paperclip icon and upload them that way

Would be down to learn a better way if so

haha I have imgur upload (https://imgur.com/upload?beta) set as my homepage in microsoft edge so I just tap tat little useless icon and paste my image then get the link to paste here. That's my simple litle trick

Shawk
09-19-2021, 01:03 AM
microsoft edge

fucking conservatives

Jibartik
09-19-2021, 01:58 AM
how divided could we be

Mesocyclone
09-19-2021, 02:24 AM
Yea she's an evil bitch but she ain't got nothin on God.

Mesocyclone
09-19-2021, 02:25 AM
and they say christians believe in fairy tales holy fuck

Yeah she's an evil bitch but she ain't got nothin on God.

Baler
09-19-2021, 02:45 AM
this Grumph person makes some awful threads.

Mesocyclone
09-19-2021, 02:49 AM
Hillary only had the power to murder Brittany Murphy and Seth Rich ONE time.
Bush only had the power to order the airstrike of WTC and Pentagon and murder 2996 people ONE time.

God Almighty has the power to murder over and over in Hell, forever.

I am well aware that no human knows what I know.

Woa be it unto the damned! I'm trying to think of someone that ever existed who wasn't damned. Cant think of anyone.

Ain't no need to repent, death does all that.

Those that are good, stay good, and perish.

Those that are evil, stay evil, and perish.

starkind
09-19-2021, 04:52 AM
The reason I imgur is because you aborted me as a fetus and sold my tissue to Google who forced me into cross referencing feels for their tictac app.

At least I don't have to live in a sweatshop.

It's possible to be well meaning and still hurt kids. Pray for the strength to be wise and control your own body,life,destiny.

Whale biologist
09-19-2021, 09:45 AM
Either way while state government might have their own versions, it looks like there isn’t anything to worry about from the feds

“Biden administration announces the biggest increase to food stamps ever”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/16/biden-administration-announces-biggest-increase-to-food-stamps-ever.html

I don’t have a problem with this (so long as it doesn’t lead to huge economy problems down the road). It makes my job easier which is a selfish reason but potentially helps others which is a self-less reason so they balance each other out :)

He's putting it back on track from the funding cuts Republicans demanded in 2014 (https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/obama-signs-food-stamp-cut-msna263456)

Stuff like this is why the intellectually indigent Left calls Obama a neoliberal(he wanted to grand bargain on entitlement cuts too)

bomaroast
09-19-2021, 10:18 AM
The politically correct language has always obfuscated the real issue and made it impossible to have an actual conversation. Pro-life and pro-choice is dumb language. It should have always been pro-abortion and anti-abortion.

Mesocyclone
09-19-2021, 10:22 AM
What vile imagination led you to believe life is good? Abort everyone.

Stephen Hawking was wrong about there being no maker. There is one and it is insanely off the chain awesome.

Stephen Hawking was right about the world ending via an asteroid. If you study Revelations, you will see that one rock (beast) hits the ocean and the other beast hits the land. Looks like an asteroid that broke apart as it entered Earth's atmosphere.

We have a near earth asteroid in 2029 but looks like it will pass 18k miles from earth.

Whale biologist
09-19-2021, 10:30 AM
The politically correct language has always obfuscated the real issue and made it impossible to have an actual conversation. Pro-life and pro-choice is dumb language. It should have always been pro-abortion and anti-abortion.

And you say this despite the fact the Burger court revealed a right to privacy in the opinion?

Gravydoo II
09-19-2021, 10:32 AM
If you're black and you make a pro-lifer mad you can expect to be assaulted or killed.

If you're a minority and you make a pro-life "christian" angry, they will probably kill you.

The "pro-life" anti-science, I'm going to pread covid to my family, your family, and if you die thats just gods will, are pro life...

Thats just a word they call themselves to make them able to excuse ANY crime or any act.

They are "pro-life" but dream about murdering democrats 24 hours a day, and some times do it.

Thats just them jacking themselves off. They hate life if they disagree with it. Those same pro-lifers say "glass the middle east" meaning kill millions of people with nuclear weapons.

If you even believe someone on the right can be honest, you're already fucking up.

How can you even think someone is accountable to anyone or thing when they can just tell themselves "I forgive myself cause god" ???

Pro-life?? pfft.. More like they want your kids for their cult.

Mesocyclone
09-19-2021, 10:34 AM
If you're black and you make a pro-lifer mad you can expect to be assaulted or killed.

If you're a minority and you make a pro-life "christian" angry, they will probably kill you.

The "pro-life" anti-science, I'm going to pread covid to my family, your family, and if you die thats just gods will, are pro life...

Thats just a word they call themselves to make them able to excuse ANY crime or any act.

They are "pro-life" but dream about murdering democrats 24 hours a day, and some times do it.

Thats just them jacking themselves off. They hate life if they disagree with it. Those same pro-lifers say "glass the middle east" meaning kill millions of people with nuclear weapons.

If you even believe someone on the right can be honest, you're already fucking up.

How can you even think someone is accountable to anyone or thing when they can just tell themselves "I forgive myself cause god" ???

Pro-life?? pfft.. More like they want your kids for their cult.
Spend 5 minutes a day off CNN son Did Rachael Maddows man juice taste salty in your mouth?

Gravydoo II
09-19-2021, 10:36 AM
They are not pro or anti anything until their daughter gets impregnated by a man who isnt the same color as her. Watch all that pro life shit go right out the fucking window.

Oh, the mistress gets pregnant? Watch all that pro-life shit be left by the road side as he drives her to the clinic.

Pastors, republicans, right wingers do it all the time. They are not "pro-life" they just want you to act like a fucking idiot and vote for them. Meanwhile, they will force the people around them to have an abortion if it is "embarrassing to the family".

Its already happened and they have already been caught. Its a poor people issue. Rich people can simply drive to another state. Poor people cant. Thats all its about.

Mesocyclone
09-19-2021, 10:37 AM
All mine are dead I could give the fuck less what happens to the rest.

I prayed for a mid air collision.

Baler
09-19-2021, 10:39 AM
no one ever listens to me when I tell them the abortion topic doesn't matter. It's designed to cause conflict between two groups while a third profits off their quarrel.

---
Put two sane healthy people in a room, bring up this topic and they'll start foaming at the mouth.
congrats you're being played.

Whale biologist
09-19-2021, 10:50 AM
no one ever listens to me when I tell them the abortion topic doesn't matter. It's designed to cause conflict between two groups while a third profits off their quarrel.

---
Put two sane healthy people in a room, bring up this topic and they'll start foaming at the mouth.

nuh uh, we've made a lot of progress from that rude state toward a mature democracy because of wise men like Burger.

Gravydoo II
09-19-2021, 11:35 AM

---

Thats obvious. Too bad one side cant see their masters as TOTALLY for abortion, for them. Not for you. Republicans are for abortion, dont ever get it twisted.

Abortions are for rich people, not poor people. That is the real issue.

If you're rich and you make a "mistake" well thats ok.. If you're poor, you have to live with it til you die.

They simply want to exercise a power that poor people are not allowed to.. Its not about life and death. Just power and controlling black people.

Castle2.0
09-19-2021, 01:10 PM
Drone strike not on CNN website. Drone strike on FoxNews website.

Shocking...

Horza
09-19-2021, 01:20 PM

---

I guess you must just be totally unfamiliar with Evangelical Christians.

Gravydoo II
09-19-2021, 01:25 PM
Fox news has stricter vaccine mandates than the government but goes on the air and says "this is tyrannny!!" when the government puts one in place, weaker than their work place policy.

square that circle for me. =]

Baler
09-19-2021, 01:25 PM
I guess you must just be totally unfamiliar with Evangelical Christians.

Some of those people who are die hard church goers and pras god for everything can be pretty weird.

Gravydoo II
09-19-2021, 01:28 PM

---

Yeah whats the deal?? Why are people so hell bent on taking away the rights of women??

See thats the thing. One side is allowed to get abortions because its their RIGHT under the 14th amendment of the Us constitution.

The other side says "we want to take your rights away because I dont like it".

Baler
09-19-2021, 01:28 PM
Yeah whats the deal?? Why are people so hell bent on taking away the rights of women??

it's not about women's rights or killing humans.

@gravyboat furthermore if you choose to engage me. understand where I stand and what i've said on the forums in the past.

Mesocyclone
09-19-2021, 01:30 PM
Thou shalt not kill - that's the law Roe Vs Wade was the beginning of the AntiChrist of USA along with the Illuminati party in 1973 as the AntiChrist of Earth.

Whale biologist
09-19-2021, 01:30 PM
Fox news has stricter vaccine mandates than the government but goes on the air and says "this is tyrannny!!" when the government puts one in place, weaker than their work place policy.

square that circle for me. =]

well yeah, private parties aren't the State. like there's no jus where they get to legally murder u. :)

Baler
09-19-2021, 01:31 PM
Thou shalt not kill - that's the law Roe Vs Wade was the beginning of the AntiChrist along with the Illuminati party in 1973.

The bible also talks about obeying the law of man.

I don't really have a point, I just wanted to post that.

Horza
09-19-2021, 01:31 PM
it's not about women's rights or killing humans.

https://i.imgur.com/YMC6hSf.gif

Baler
09-19-2021, 01:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/YMC6hSf.gif

Horza posting trump memes, His cover is blown.

Baler
09-19-2021, 01:36 PM
There is no solution.

It's a conflict created by a third party to keep two other parties arguing.

https://i.imgur.com/Zd0SIda.gif

Mesocyclone
09-19-2021, 01:39 PM
The bible also talks about obeying the law of man.

I don't really have a point, I just wanted to post that.

Not it doesn't Jesus just told us to pay our taxes to the government and our minds to God.

Baler
09-19-2021, 02:03 PM
Can you just cut to the chase already and claim it's another Jewish conspiracy?

what the fuck, that's antisemitism, not cool horza.

Gravydoo II
09-19-2021, 02:04 PM
Mblake81 banned, oof.

Holy shit is this kinda juicy.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350096&highlight=nigron&page=6

Baler
09-19-2021, 02:08 PM
Mblake81 banned, oof.

He has an anon-alt, may be no loss.

Whale biologist
09-19-2021, 02:11 PM
He has an anon-alt, may be no loss.

nah his other mblake is fine. this is old.

Baler
09-19-2021, 02:13 PM
nah his other mblake is fine. this is old.

Yeah, it was old, since that was a search engine result.
But his anon-alt doesn't contain mblake in it, not Mblake1981.

Mr. Whale biologist should know a bunch about anon alts! :p

Whale biologist
09-19-2021, 02:18 PM
Yeah, it was old, since that was a search engine result.
But his anon-alt doesn't contain mblake in it, not Mblake1981.

Mr. Whale biologist should know a bunch about anon alts! :p

I don't go anon, she catches me too quick. Hell, BLAKE catches me these days. :)

Ooloo
09-19-2021, 02:19 PM
Cuts to social safety nets incentivize people to become self-reliant, which is ultimately a pro-life position, because nobody can live off the government forever. They will eventually become homeless and die.

I agree with having those kind of programs though, nobody wants to get rid of them entirely. People who simply can't work due to a health condition need to be cared for.

This is perfectly consistent with the notion that, ya know, murdering babies is bad.

Horza
09-19-2021, 02:22 PM
Cuts to social safety nets incentivize people to become self-reliant, which is ultimately a pro-life position, because nobody can live off the government forever. They will eventually become homeless and die.

I agree with having those kind of programs though, nobody wants to get rid of them entirely. People who simply can't work due to a health condition need to be cared for.

This is perfectly consistent with the notion that, ya know, murdering babies is bad.

Pro-life means pro-death, war is peace, etc.

Mesocyclone
09-19-2021, 02:27 PM
to be is to die that is the future tick tock... tick tock...

Jibartik
09-19-2021, 02:27 PM
Pro-life means pro-death, war is peace, etc.

https://i.imgur.com/fxC7yih.png

both sides (are right)

Mesocyclone
09-19-2021, 02:28 PM
Pro-life means pro-death.

Creating children means they're going to suffer death, so yep. That just means the parents are all for their children dying.

Horza
09-19-2021, 02:31 PM

both sides (are right)

“Every line of serious work that I have written since 1936 has been written, directly or indirectly, against totalitarianism and for democratic socialism, as I understand it." George Orwell

Mesocyclone
09-19-2021, 02:36 PM
Name me one parent in all of time who was not guilty of their child having to suffer death in time.

Elizondo
09-19-2021, 03:08 PM
“Every line of serious work that I have written since 1936 has been written, directly or indirectly, against totalitarianism and for democratic socialism, as I understand it." George Orwell

Problem is modern day Totalitarians are pretending to be Democrat Socialists

Jibartik
09-19-2021, 04:25 PM

Your view of democratic socialism is totalitarianism, dolt.

Horza
09-19-2021, 04:28 PM
better round up all the totalitarians so we can have democratic socialism, this isnt literally the plot to 1984 at all!

You having a stroke or something because this is gibberish.

weird edit

unsunghero
09-19-2021, 05:45 PM
They are not pro or anti anything until their daughter gets impregnated by a man who isnt the same color as her. Watch all that pro life shit go right out the fucking window.

Oh, the mistress gets pregnant? Watch all that pro-life shit be left by the road side as he drives her to the clinic.

Pastors, republicans, right wingers do it all the time

Hooo yea this shit happens in secret a lot. Fucking posers, talk the talk but can’t walk the walk

But it happens on both sides to some extent, just that the posing is different

unsunghero
09-19-2021, 05:56 PM
The amount of even local pastors I hear about who end up committing infidelity in their marriage astounds me

Not because I am naive to the power and authority they have in people’s minds, or the fact that usually very charismatic people tend to become pastors. I know the temptation is bigger for many of them in terms of women who would be willing to cheat with them than for the average person, just in terms of sheer numbers and willingness

But the fact that so many cave does really disappoint sometimes. And also that these “till death do us part” women are willing to cheat with a married man. I’ve heard of multiple local churches who have broken up over that shit

Jibartik
09-19-2021, 06:06 PM
You having a stroke or something because this is gibberish.

weird edit

1984 was about a society that rounded up all the free people because they thought they were the free people.

I edited just to say it more plainly because i knew you wouldn't understand the reference, that is your image of democratic socialism.

Horza
09-19-2021, 06:23 PM
"When one came straight from England, the aspect of Barcelona was somewhat startling and overwhelming. It was the first time that I had ever been in a town where the working class was in the saddle. In outward appearance it was a town in which the wealthy classes had practically ceased to exist. Except for a small number of women and foreigners there were no ’well-dressed’ people at all. Practically everyone wore rough working-class clothes, or blue overalls, or some variant of the militia uniform. All this was queer and moving. There was much in it that I did not understand, in some ways I did not even like it, but I recognized it immediately as a state of affairs worth fighting for.” George Orwell

Elizondo
09-19-2021, 06:33 PM
"When one came straight from England, the aspect of Barcelona was somewhat startling and overwhelming. It was the first time that I had ever been in a town where the working class was in the saddle. In outward appearance it was a town in which the wealthy classes had practically ceased to exist. Except for a small number of women and foreigners there were no ’well-dressed’ people at all. Practically everyone wore rough working-class clothes, or blue overalls, or some variant of the militia uniform. All this was queer and moving. There was much in it that I did not understand, in some ways I did not even like it, but I recognized it immediately as a state of affairs worth fighting for.” George Orwell

Definitely no human feces and used needles all over those streets

Jibartik
09-19-2021, 06:39 PM

Horza
09-19-2021, 06:39 PM
Definitely no human feces and used needles all over those streets

Turn off Fox News, friend.

Mesocyclone
09-19-2021, 06:49 PM
Turn off CNN and go outside in the sun

Elizondo
09-19-2021, 07:03 PM
Turn off Fox News, friend.

Don't watch TV but thanks for the tip