PDA

View Full Version : It's not ok to diagnose people and prOscribe medications.

starkind
09-15-2021, 09:56 AM
If you're not a doctor. You're not a doctor, are you?

sbpjPRoSvLY

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Let me posit this, since March have I been more or less coherent. Would schizophrenia medicine which causes weight gain and other serious side effects improve my physical condition? What would it even actually do for me?

No you may not have my ambergris.

Gravydoo II
09-15-2021, 10:51 AM
Tell it.

Thats all I hear from these people. I'm a drug addict. I'm a mentally ill person. I need medication. Fucking doctors, all of em.

You taking risperidone or something?

GinnasP99
09-15-2021, 11:11 AM
GeGrEw19ypE

Whale biologist
09-15-2021, 11:21 AM
Same goes for Mesocyclone 😘

Jibartik
09-15-2021, 11:23 AM
I have an exemption from my doctor. I have an exemption!

GinnasP99
09-15-2021, 11:24 AM
BD8c_jkRdZU

Much longer watch, but very interesting. Hope this helps.

Gravydoo II
09-15-2021, 11:30 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

He's wrong. What is his field of expertise? Pretty sure it was racism and something else.. What was his thing??

Because hes not a healthcare worker, holds a degree in any sciences, or studied medicine. Weird how a man suffer from the mental illness of racism is saying that mental illness is not real.

Almost like looking at your broken leg and saying "its not broken, its fractured in 19 places.."

starkind
09-15-2021, 01:00 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

He's wrong. What is his field of expertise? Pretty sure it was racism and something else.. What was his thing??

Because hes not a healthcare worker, holds a degree in any sciences, or studied medicine. Weird how a man suffer from the mental illness of racism is saying that mental illness is not real.

Almost like looking at your broken leg and saying "its not broken, its fractured in 19 places.."
Being a racist doesn't invalidate him or his lived experience.
BD8c_jkRdZU

100%

I was fine until the antidepressants and antipsychotics. There are a lot of psychiatrists just in it for the money who are also bigoted towards people with certain disorders and symptoms. They'll do whatever they can to get a check or avoid liability even if it's 100% garanteed to lead to disability or suicide. And most of these psychiatrists fall into the liberal category. They are absolute Nazi. Profession and society over the individual patient. We are just paypigs to them.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 01:42 PM
Antidepressants have a side effect of weight gain, not sure about antipsychotics

Some milder antipsychotics are prescribed sort of off-label as a mood stabilizer, Abilify is an example of this

Harder antipsychotics such as Halodol, Geodon, Risperidone (off the top of my head) you would not want to take without having a diagnosis of schizophrenia or symptoms of psychosis. Nor would I expect a psychiatrist to prescribe these without that

I assessed a guy years ago who had an insecure personality and mentioned that he assumed when hearing others laugh that they were laughing at him (a common thought for any insecure person). A really bad psychiatrist at a psych hospital mistook this as paranoia and auditory hallucinations and prescribed him either Halodol or Geodon, I forget which. It gave him severe suicidal thoughts out of the blue, because it was not the correct medication for him, we had to assist him in getting back to a psych hospital to be re-evaluated. I’m not sure what other possible side effects (other than Tardive dyskinesia - mouth twitching, for Halodol) could occur with some of the stronger antipsychotics if mis-prescribed but they could be significant

Hope this info helps!

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 01:52 PM
Ok I can shed some light on a manic episode following an SSRI:

The function of an SSRI is to treat symptoms of depression such as motivation and energy levels by correcting the person’s serotonin level. If the medication is working a person with low mood, low energy, low motivation due to a serotonin imbalance would have a boost to these to being them back up to a functioning level

However, a person who has bi-polar is treated with mood stabilizers like lithium. If you give someone who is bi-polar some ssri’s, the medications attempt to correct the person’s energy levels can put them into a manic episode

Whale biologist
09-15-2021, 01:58 PM
They are absolute Nazi.

https://i.imgur.com/oPvpaR4.gif

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 02:07 PM
I'm no more a doctor than Doctor Phil or Doctor Fauci or Doctor David Banner.

Whale biologist
09-15-2021, 02:22 PM
I'm no more a doctor than Doctor Phil or Doctor Fauci or Doctor David Banner.

f2YbT5SGmGA

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 02:32 PM
When the pic mentions someone with bi-polar was prescribed an antipsychotic, which puts them on the road to chronic disability, neither of these things should be true

For one, it is ENTIRELY possible to have bi-polar with psychotic features and need an antipsychotic. For example, last week I assessed a lady with that diagnosis who was having a manic episode and hasn’t sleep a wink in 4 days. She had rapid speech, verbose, flight of ideas, hypersexualized communication, and almost entirely completely incoherent communication. She wasn’t oriented to date (didn’t know the current month or year), location (didn’t know where she was), or situation. Some of the answers she would give to questions like “would you like to see a doctor today to talk about how you haven’t been sleeping?” (This is a good angle of approach because the goal is just to get them in front of a psychiatrist who will immediately recognize the psychosis). Her answers to questions like these included:

“I have HIV legs”
“I am not a football player”
“I am not going to show him my vagina”
“I have a human female vagina”
“I am in a hospital”
“I have sex with lesbians”

These were just the answers that weren’t complete word salad. It is entirely possible to have psychosis if the person has a bi-polar diagnosis with psychotic features, and especially if they are off their meds and not sleeping. Sleep deprivation isn’t an entire explanation for their symptoms but it certainly contributes

Ultimately this woman was too psychotic to be able to understand and accept voluntary treatment and had to be forced treatment by her parents (she is an adult) because she had become a threat to them in the home (had grabbed a knife that day and made a stabbing motion towards her parents in the home). She also at that point didn’t know the names of her parents and believed her parents had been replaced by imposters

Does her being prescribed an antipsychotic lead to long term disability? Not that I’m aware of. Maybe they are trying to mean tardive dyskinesia with Halodol, but no one prescribes Halodol anymore. What is this “long term disability” they are referring to??

starkind
09-15-2021, 02:41 PM
Did it ever occur to you bastards that anxiety and "sadness" aka dysphoria the evul "depression" we must avoid at all costs no matter what are natural and normal reactions to trauma, injury, and illness. Oppression. Malnutrition. Constant violence and sirens and fighting. And that if you try to make or force someone with a normal brain be "happy" and accept or ignore their illness and trauma or circumstances with "energy pills" you wind up with a "crazy person".

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 02:43 PM
Watched the first video. The guy is immediately wrong. Psychiatrists are not looking for damage to brain tissue, otherwise known as organic damage. That is wrong. For one, a NEUROLOGIST looks for that, and they do so with a CAT scan

Psychiatrists use things such as how a person presents (their affect, their behaviors when speaking, etc), along with their answers to verbal questions during an evaluation as indicators of CHEMICAL IMBALANCE. This cannot be detected with a scan and has nothing to do with damage to brain tissue. In fact, if brain tissue IS damaged, such as with a TBI, psych medications can often have little benefit, because these are meant to correct chemical levels in the brain. Not to say they never are a benefit, but for someone with a TBI, they may have very limited benefit

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 02:44 PM
Evil people getting away with it for decades in plain light and sight makes me insane.
I mean they don't even try to hide anymore. The justice system is not meant for the Illuminatis. What a fucking joke it all really is. A complete Ponzi scheme sham.

They condemned themselves. No one forced them to turn against goodness. And no, God didn't will it.
Goodness gave them life and nurtured them until adulthood and they chose to turn against it.

What profiteth a (hu)man if (s)he gains the whole world and loses his(her) own soul.

starkind
09-15-2021, 02:51 PM
When the pic mentions someone with bi-polar was prescribed an antipsychotic, which puts them on the road to chronic disability, neither of these things should be true

For one, it is ENTIRELY possible to have bi-polar with psychotic features and need an antipsychotic. For example, last week I assessed a lady with that diagnosis who was having a manic episode and hasn’t sleep a wink in 4 days. She had rapid speech, verbose, flight of ideas, hypersexualized communication, and almost entirely completely incoherent communication. She wasn’t oriented to date (didn’t know the current month or year), location (didn’t know where she was), or situation. Some of the answers she would give to questions like “would you like to see a doctor today to talk about how you haven’t been sleeping?” (This is a good angle of approach because the goal is just to get them in front of a psychiatrist who will immediately recognize the psychosis). Her answers to questions like these included:

“I have HIV legs”
“I am not a football player”
“I am not going to show him my vagina”
“I have a human female vagina”
“I am in a hospital”
“I have sex with lesbians”

These were just the answers that weren’t complete word salad. It is entirely possible to have psychosis if the person has a bi-polar diagnosis with psychotic features, and especially if they are off their meds and not sleeping. Sleep deprivation isn’t an entire explanation for their symptoms but it certainly contributes

Ultimately this woman was too psychotic to be able to understand and accept voluntary treatment and had to be forced treatment by her parents (she is an adult) because she had become a threat to them in the home (had grabbed a knife that day and made a stabbing motion towards her parents in the home). She also at that point didn’t know the names of her parents and believed her parents had been replaced by imposters

Does her being prescribed an antipsychotic lead to long term disability? Not that I’m aware of. Maybe they are trying to mean tardive dyskinesia with Halodol, but no one prescribes Halodol anymore. What is this “long term disability” they are referring to??

There's probably a million reasons she was having a psychotic break. Pretty hard to judge from here. Maybe she was abused and given antidepressants and no one addressed that abuse so she kept upping the dose just to make it to school or work or whatever. And there's some actual root reason for her paranoia even if her parents aren't actually imposters.

The thing is you can't just proscribe meds and expect ppl to be OK. Even if the people have brain injuries or are really out of touch with reality. Giving them energy pills + zombie pills which dampen empathy because bipolar looks great on paper is a great way to wind up with a homicide or suicide. Or both.

I blame the ignorance of people for the bad news stories.

Even sick people 7 out of 10 times aren't really looking forward to suicide murders. Yet here we are, we treat them like animals without going "why"

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 02:53 PM
I blame the ignorance of people for the bad future for the grandkids. Your main mistake was having kids. Really it was your only mistake.

starkind
09-15-2021, 02:55 PM
Watched the first video. The guy is immediately wrong. Psychiatrists are not looking for damage to brain tissue, otherwise known as organic damage. That is wrong. For one, a NEUROLOGIST looks for that, and they do so with a CAT scan

Psychiatrists use things such as how a person presents (their affect, their behaviors when speaking, etc), along with their answers to verbal questions during an evaluation as indicators of CHEMICAL IMBALANCE. This cannot be detected with a scan and has nothing to do with damage to brain tissue. In fact, if brain tissue IS damaged, such as with a TBI, psych medications can often have little benefit, because these are meant to correct chemical levels in the brain. Not to say they never are a benefit, but for someone with a TBI, they may have very limited benefit

There's no such thing as chemical imbalance. People have shitty lives. Shitty diets. Get soaked in cortisol and treated like shit. Get prescribed meds that stress their body more and their lives, diets, habits remain shitty. They lose their ability to cope or people don't believe them when they're really being abused, and they fucking snap.

No one corrects their diet. Or teaches them meditation. Or helps them get out of the abusive situation.

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 02:56 PM
No one cares about anyone but number one and their sexual organ. And memory cards.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 02:59 PM
Ok the guy in the second video is a well known high profile conservative, I recognized him immediately

He seems to be expressing (I believe, I just skimmed the vid) that psychiatric disorders are over-diagnosed in America and the world, and this is very likely true. I can explain why:

It’s easier to get a more accurate diagnosis with a psychiatrist that has worked with a person long enough to know their baseline level of functioning, behavior, and communication. For example, a person may have poor communication skills (kids are a good example of this), and feel they need to say an extreme thing to be heard or understood, or even to express how they feel. So a kid who is merely upset might express this as “I wish I were dead, I want to kill myself” to their doctor. Now a doctor just meeting that child might conclude this child is depressed and suicidal, and doesn’t realize that this particular kid says this any time they get upset. This is just an example to show the vulnerability of a questions-based assessment when you don’t know the person’s baseline behavior. Ideally, the person would eventually have a regular psychiatrist who would learn their behavior, or have that info coordinated by their case manager or counselor

We don’t yet have a way to test brain chemical levels with a scan, so we rely on the person answering questions. Do they have a personality to catastrophize things (make a mountain out of a molehill is the expression), and are not really depressed due to a chemical imbalance? Or they just poor at expressing how they feel with their words? Or are they lying on purpose for some other ulterior motive? These are the vulnerabilities of a question-based evaluation process

That’s the real reason for over-diagnosis, not some sinister plot

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 03:03 PM
There's probably a million reasons she was having a psychotic break. Pretty hard to judge from here. Maybe she was abused and given antidepressants and no one addressed that abuse so she kept upping the dose just to make it to school or work or whatever. And there's some actual root reason for her paranoia even if her parents aren't actually imposters.

The thing is you can't just proscribe meds and expect ppl to be OK. Even if the people have brain injuries or are really out of touch with reality. Giving them energy pills + zombie pills which dampen empathy because bipolar looks great on paper is a great way to wind up with a homicide or suicide. Or both.

I blame the ignorance of people for the bad news stories.

Even sick people 7 out of 10 times aren't really looking forward to suicide murders. Yet here we are, we treat them like animals without going "why"

There's no such thing as chemical imbalance. People have shitty lives. Shitty diets. Get soaked in cortisol and treated like shit. Get prescribed meds that stress their body more and their lives, diets, habits remain shitty. They lose their ability to cope or people don't believe them when they're really being abused, and they fucking snap.

No one corrects their diet. Or teaches them meditation. Or helps them get out of the abusive situation.

There absolutely are chemical imbalances. I have seen medications work wonders on people

I have had many people suicidal in the middle of psychotic break thank me weeks later after they were stabilized on medications for saving their life

Don’t attempt to expand your personal experience to the population at large. Not saying your experiences aren’t true, but they do not apply to everyone

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 03:05 PM
Yea we're in the end of days. All seven seals were opened years ago.

How can you reach the new beginning without first reaching the end?

He that puts his heart on the world will be rewarded with earthly things.

He that puts his heart on the Lord will be rewarded with Heavenly things.

Jibartik
09-15-2021, 03:07 PM
I thought it turned out that artificial intelligence was better at being a doctor than doctors?

Whatever happened to that did we just cover that shit up or what?

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 03:11 PM
AI doesn't make logical mistakes but if a mistake is in the code things will happen that would not happen with a human. You have to have perfect code. Don't recommend AI driving vehicles, unless they're on rails and move 5pmh at an amusement park.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 03:17 PM
I thought it turned out that artificial intelligence was better at being a doctor than doctors?

A huge part of communication is non-verbal. For example, psychiatrists are looking at a person’s affect as well as the actual words they are speaking. I think it would be incredibly difficult to program an AI to understand human facial expressions/mannerisms, and whether these expressions and mannerisms are congruent or incongruent with their words

starkind
09-15-2021, 03:17 PM
Ok the guy in the second video is a well known high profile conservative, I recognized him immediately

He seems to be expressing (I believe, I just skimmed the vid) that psychiatric disorders are over-prescribed in America and the world, and this is very likely true. I can explain why:

It’s easier to get a more accurate diagnosis with a psychiatrist that has worked with a person long enough to know their baseline level of functioning, behavior, and communication. For example, a person may have poor communication skills (kids are a good example of this), and feel they need to say an extreme thing to be heard or understood, or even to express how they feel. So a kid who is merely upset might express this as “I wish I were dead, I want to kill myself!” to their doctor. Now a doctor just meeting that child might conclude this child is depressed and suicidal, and doesn’t realize that this particular kid says this any time they get upset. This is just an example to show the vulnerability of a questions-based assessment when you don’t know the person’s baseline behavior. Ideally, the person would eventually have a regular psychiatrist who would learn their behavior, or have that info coordinated by their case manager or counselor

We don’t yet have a way to test brain chemical levels with a scan, so we rely on the person answering questions. Do they have a personality to catastrophize things (make a mountain out of a molehill is the expression), and are not really depressed due to a chemical imbalance? Or they just poor at expressing how they feel with their words? Or are they lying on purpose for some other ulterior motive? These are the vulnerabilities of a question-based evaluation process

That’s the real reason for over-diagnosis, not some sinister plot
Brain chemicals theory which is right up there with gender studies is the least empirical way of diagnosing people.

Most psychiatrists diagnose and proscribe after like a single 30 minute session.

The VA psyches where hard to keep on the phone longer than 15 minutes. Had this happen with several of them.

Ironically the ones that double dip in substance abuse are far better listeners.

The fucking asshole psych that assessed me after I was committed spent all of five minutes saying I was dumb and rolled his eyes when I said. "I didn't feel safe around person XYZ". Later I got to spend more time with an overworked and overwhelmed psych in like 5 minute increments.

None of the nurses had 5 minutes to observe and chart patients. They were just fishing for referrals and who they could Haldol. And who could get shipped out to prison or another facility.

Anyway that's because our society is falling and the best we can do is triage people to some degree. However because of the power dynamics, and regulations, and rules lawyering very few good people are left in the field. Most just have it in for "psychos", "bumbs", "vagrants". Evull transients! Tranny prostitutes! And some are there because they are straight up sadists and someone in the situation where they are abused, suicidal, become unhinged become easy and vulnerable victims. Especially when it can take months to have a fair day in court. If you don't even lose it completely because you're incarcerated and given medication that makes you hallucinate.

Ever take a high dose of even melatonin? Ya about half of people experience a really bad version of an acid trip. Do that to someone stressing. Someone with PTSD. Someone who just attempted suicide.. yeah.. it's game over.

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 03:18 PM
God is laughing his ass off at ya'll. I'm enjoying it too, thanks for the comedy. Theories about the mind hahaha.

"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of the Living God."

starkind
09-15-2021, 03:18 PM
A huge part of communication is non-verbal. For example, psychiatrists are looking at a person’s affect as well as the actual words they are speaking. I think it would be incredibly difficult to program an AI to understand human facial expressions/mannerisms, and whether these expressions and mannerisms are congruent or incongruent with their words

So it's like forensic profiling, which isn't always accurate. That's a pretty bunk science.

starkind
09-15-2021, 03:21 PM

As long as it's unbiased. Hell yeah. Once something becomes self aware or is tampered with by a biased human.. then that advantage is lost. I suspect a few prototypes may be successful. Once it's mass produced it would just fall to the corruption and greed of self interested parties and individuals.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 03:27 PM
So it's like forensic profiling, which isn't always accurate. That's a pretty bunk science.

I’ll give some examples. Kids often try to claim hearing voices or seeing things, but schizophrenia comes out almost always at the end of puberty, so around 18-20 for girls and a few years older than that for boys. A psychiatrist who hears an 11 year old claim to be hearing voices is obviously going to be extremely skeptical that this child has schizophrenia rather than maybe a trauma response or simply their imagination. And a big indicator of this other than their age is their facial expressions

But let’s say it’s an adult or a child saying this. Adults often confuse their own inner monologue with auditory hallucinations, so let’s assume an adult claims to be hearing voices saying they are no good and should kill themself. A good follow up question is to ask where these voices are coming from. For a schizophrenic person with auditory hallucinations, they will almost always claim it to be from an outside source, such as behind a wall, from the tv, from the vents, etc, rather than within their own head. To go back to facial expressions, someone experiencing psychosis without mania will often have a flat emotionless affect, or a very labile (all over the place) affect, or sometimes an affect incongruent to what they are saying. So if a doctor is evaluating a man who has already smiled when he shook the doctor’s hand, frowned when relating a negative thing, and said he hears a voice in his head telling him he is no good and should kill himself is not going to get a schizophrenia diagnosis. His affect is context-appropriate, he doesn’t display disorganized speech or thoughts, and he is claiming the voice is coming from his own head, meaning it is his own internal monologue

That’s an example of how facial expressions matter. They are a part of evaluation, never the entire evalustion

starkind
09-15-2021, 03:27 PM
Anyway my OP stands. Whale Biologists have zero fucking clue and I'm angry with them. (That doesn't make me bipolar).

Grrrr.

I will proceed to be an unemotional robot with completely flat affect now so that ya'll feel completely secure.

Jibartik
09-15-2021, 03:28 PM
Basically people were typing in their symptoms and the computer would diagnose them with cancer and diseases they never heard of and they'd catch it before it was a problem while the human system was failing on every account.

Whale biologist
09-15-2021, 03:31 PM
Anyway my OP stands. Whale Biologists have zero fucking clue and I'm angry with them. (That doesn't make me bipolar).

Grrrr.

I will proceed to be an unemotional robot with completely flat affect now so that ya'll feel completely secure.

I already gave you permission to be mad. Btw if you act up you'll only be proving me right. 🙃

starkind
09-15-2021, 03:38 PM
I’ll give some examples. Kids often try to claim hearing voices or seeing things, but schizophrenia comes out almost always at the end of puberty, so around 18-20 for girls and a few years older than that for boys. A psychiatrist who hears an 11 year old claim to be hearing voices is obviously going to be extremely skeptical that this child has schizophrenia rather than maybe a trauma response or simply their imagination. And a big indicator of this other than their age is their facial expressions

But let’s say it’s an adult or a child saying this. Adults often confuse their own inner monologue with auditory hallucinations, so let’s assume an adult claims to be hearing voices saying they are no good and should kill themself. A good follow up question is to ask where these voices are coming from. For a schizophrenic person with auditory hallucinations, they will almost always claim it to be from an outside source, such as behind a wall, from the tv, from the vents, etc, rather than within their own head. To go back to facial expressions, someone experiencing psychosis without mania will often have a flat emotionless affect, or a very labile (all over the place) affect, or sometimes an affect incongruent to what they are saying. So if a doctor is evaluating a man who has already smiled when he shook the doctor’s hand, frowned when relating a negative thing, and said he hears a voice in his head telling him he is no good and should kill himself is not going to get a schizophrenia diagnosis. His affect is context-appropriate, he doesn’t display disorganized speech or thoughts, and he is claiming the voice is coming from his own head, meaning it is his own internal monologue

That’s an example of how facial expressions matter. They are a part of evaluation, never the entire evalustion

I agree there are genuine issues medications can help. They are certainly not safe magic pills and I believe most psychiatrists don't do their due diligence. Follow up. And patients often neglect alternatives expecting medications to do it for them.

We also have a major problem with the legal culture, lobbies, and pharmaceutical companies in the United States which create barriers to safe and effective treatment and tie the hands of dedicated psychiatrists willing to take some risk. All for the greater good.

Yet our society is failing. How many broken homes are because people aren't coping. They're looking for external solutions. They are taken advantage of because it's easy to pray on them.

Maybe mom's don't have to be single. Maybe kids don't need to have a completely flat affect at 8 years old. Or given medicine to induce one.

I'm pretty upset so I'm going to disengage.

You're not wrong. However the incidence of truly broken people is only on the rise. Once someone gets prescribed the kind of stuff I have been. It becomes incredibly hard to hold a job or stay healthy. The kinds of meds thrown at me where dangerous and did me incredible harm.

starkind
09-15-2021, 03:40 PM
Basically people were typing in their symptoms and the computer would diagnose them with cancer and diseases they never heard of and they'd catch it before it was a problem while the human system was failing on every account.
Yes
I already gave you permission to be mad. Btw if you act up you'll only be proving me right. 🙃
😬

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 03:48 PM
I agree there are genuine issues medications can help. They are certainly not safe magic pills and I believe most psychiatrists don't do their due diligence. Follow up. And patients often neglect alternatives expecting medications to do it for them.

We also have a major problem with the legal culture, lobbies, and pharmaceutical companies in the United States which create barriers to safe and effective treatment and tie the hands of dedicated psychiatrists willing to take some risk. All for the greater good.

Yet our society is failing. How many broken homes are because people aren't coping. They're looking for external solutions. They are taken advantage of because it's easy to pray on them.

Maybe mom's don't have to be single. Maybe kids don't need to have a completely flat affect at 8 years old. Or given medicine to induce one.

I'm pretty upset so I'm going to disengage.

You're not wrong. However the incidence of truly broken people is only on the rise. Once someone gets prescribed the kind of stuff I have been. It becomes incredibly hard to hold a job or stay healthy. The kinds of meds thrown at me where dangerous and did me incredible harm.

No the setup is totally bad due to a shortage of psychiatrists

Did you know back in the day psychiatrists used to offer therapy? They would begin with talk therapy, and only after x number of sessions would they ever begin to look at treating symptoms with medication. They also would spend a good deal longer both doing therapy or discussing symptoms, such as 1-2 hour evaluations AND that same length for follow up visits (sometimes with a combination of talk therapy with symptoms discussion resulting in a medication change). Also people used to be able to keep their same doctors better

Now it’s an assembly line due to the shortage of them. Now there’s no more counseling/therapy from psychiatrists (only from therapists now), now follow up visits are like 15 minutes. How is a person supposed to accurately summarize an entire month in 15 minutes? I tell people to keep a symptoms journal with times/dates, that can help. But still, this assembly line system is bad

Plus you have people going to hospitals needlessly because they can’t get in with their regular doctor who’s backed up, so they see a new doctor at a hospital who completely changes their medication and not for the better

Longer visits, go back to having psychiatrists do some counseling (not even to “fix” things but just to get a better idea of the person’s baseline), and stop with turnover where people can be going to the same clinic and still end up seeing 3 different doctors in 6 months

That would help fix some things…

Jibartik
09-15-2021, 03:51 PM
bNRvrF9EwSg

starkind
09-15-2021, 03:53 PM
No the setup is totally bad due to a shortage of psychiatrists

Did you know back in the day psychiatrists used to offer therapy? They would begin with talk therapy, and only after x number of sessions would they ever begin to look at treating symptoms. They also would spend a good deal longer both doing therapy or discussing symptoms, such as 1-2 hour evaluations AND that same length for follow up visits (sometimes with a combination of talk therapy with symptoms discussion resulting in a medication change). ...this assembly line system is bad

Plus you have people going to hospitals needlessly...

Longer visits...
That would help fix some things…

Yes. Thank you for acknowledging all that. Your suggestions are very sensible.

Health care costs are only soaring and being a psychiatrist is only getting harder and less profitable. :(

Jibartik
09-15-2021, 03:55 PM
My insurance provided me with 6 calls to a therapist to talk about stress during covid, I tried it out. 1 year later they charged me 50$ for each call I made lol

starkind
09-15-2021, 04:00 PM
My insurance provided me with 6 calls to a therapist to talk about stress during covid, I tried it out. 1 year later they charged me 50$ for each call I made lol

It's a good thing u didn't say the keyword "chinavirus" or I would rather die in my home than go to a hospital. Or "Jeff Bezos"

$300 is almost nothing tho. That's like the cost of groceries for 2.5 ppl. For like two or three weeks.

Jibartik
09-15-2021, 04:20 PM
They were a free offer lol

for every 1 person who succeeds at disputing those bills there are 100 me's :(

Toxigen
09-15-2021, 04:22 PM
imagine needing meds for your brain

starkind
09-15-2021, 04:28 PM
They were a free offer lol

for every 1 person who succeeds at disputing those bills there are 100 me's :(

Sorry you're not disabled.

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 04:31 PM
I feel empowered. What you lose in one arena you gain in another. I'd give up my mind to gain the mind of Christ.

Pray for those that persecute you. None ever spoke like that. As they were lifting him up to start suffocation on the cross he cried out "Father forgive them."

Pray for the false prophets on TV. From here back to Cain they were liars, thieves, and murderers. Because their father the Devil is all of those things.

Pray that they come into fruition, and commit to the will of God Almighty and sin no more.

starkind
09-15-2021, 04:44 PM
I feel empowered. What you lose in one arena you gain in another. I'd give up my mind to gain the mind of Christ.

Pray for those that persecute you. None ever spoke like that. As they were lifting him up to start suffocation on the cross he cried out "Father forgive them."

Pray for the false prophets on TV. From here back to Cain they were liars, thieves, and murderers. Because their father the Devil is all of those things.

Pray that they come into fruition, and commit to the will of God Almighty and sin no more.

Cecily
09-15-2021, 05:38 PM
There absolutely are chemical imbalances. I have seen medications work wonders on people

I have had many people suicidal in the middle of psychotic break thank me weeks later after they were stabilized on medications for saving their life

Don’t attempt to expand your personal experience to the population at large. Not saying your experiences aren’t true, but they do not apply to everyone

Just because the medications do what you intend for them to do doesn't mean chemical imbalances exist. Psych meds come with a slew of life altering side effects and don't for minute think that just because no one prescribes "halodol" anymore doesn't mean that haldol isn't a first choice medication used in inpatient facilities. Tardive dyskinesia is one of the *drug-induced and permanent* extrapyramidal side effects of long term antipsychotic use. The others come sooner, and it's not just "halodol" causing it. Shit makes me so angry. This personal is clearly insane, let's tweak all their neurotransmitters and see if that stops it. Fuck what happens to them if they're quiet.

B-52 is a common chemical restraint in the psych ward.
50mg Benadryl, 5mg Haloperidol, 2mg Ativan IM

Now do they give the benadryl because it's a sedative, or do they give it because it's an offlabel drug to counter extrapyradmial side effects?

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 05:46 PM
Just because the medications do what you intend for them to do doesn't mean chemical imbalances exist. Psych meds come with a slew of life altering side effects and don't for minute think that just because no one prescribes "halodol" anymore doesn't mean that haldol isn't a first choice medication used in inpatient facilities. Tardive dyskinesia is one of the *drug-induced and permanent* extrapyramidal side effects of long term antipsychotic use. The others come sooner, and it's not just "halodol" causing it. Shit makes me so angry. This personal is clearly insane, let's tweak all their neurotransmitters and see if that stops it. Fuck what happens to them if they're quiet.

B-52 is a common chemical restraint in the psych ward.
50mg Benadryl, 5mg Haloperidol, 2mg Ativan IM

Yeah it’s used in a shot meant to sedate an escalated person. I’ve always known that. This won’t give someone something like TD

Cecily
09-15-2021, 05:50 PM
No. It'll be the depo IM antipsychotic they send you out the door with. If you're compliant with these meds, you're fucking poisoning yourself.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 05:50 PM
Psychiatry has improved millions of people’s lives. Potential side effects are explained ahead of time, meds are adjusted to minimize these, and people choose to sometimes accept minor side effects due to the quality of life improvement of the medication on a whole

Chemical imbalances absolutely exist, trying to deny them is just going to make you look like a Scientologist like Tom Cruise. But you do you

Cecily
09-15-2021, 05:51 PM
What test do you perform to check someone's serotonin level? Try this and see if it works is pseudoscience at best.

And fuck you minor side effects. Antipsychotics DoNot have minor side effects.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 05:53 PM
No. It'll be the depo IM antipsychotic they send you out the door with. If you're compliant with these meds, you're fucking poisoning yourself.

No one is given IM psychotics they administer that I’ve heard of

Wrong. False

You may have heard of IM antipsychotics as part of court ordered treatment for an individual deemed to be a threat to themselves/others due to mental illness and refusing to comply with a treatment plan. This is up to a team of doctors and a judge

Those people are given a month’s worth of an antipsychotic in an IV, administered by medical staff at their clinic

Cecily
09-15-2021, 05:56 PM
So antipsychotic treatments, when properly managed are unlikely to result in EPS?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3018852/

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 05:57 PM
What test do you perform to check someone's serotonin level? Try this and see if it works is pseudoscience at best.

And fuck you minor side effects. Antipsychotics DoNot have minor side effects.

Yes the but result of someone’s dopamine level being off is hallucinations and delusions, basically a never ending living nightmare

This results in them not sleeping, sometimes running terrified through a city for days/weeks escaping imaginary pursuers, attacking/killing their own family, or themselves

The side effects are worth the quality of life improvement by stopping these active hallucinations and delusions

As I said. I can’t spell this out more simply

Cecily
09-15-2021, 05:59 PM
Dystonia is an acute, alarming involuntary movement disorder that can be painful and distressing, and erodes patient trust and compliance. 31 It is characterized by briefly sustained or intermittent spasms or contractions of antagonistic muscle groups resulting in twisting and repetitive movements or postures. Drug-induced dystonia can affect any muscle group, but most commonly involves the head, neck, jaw, eyes and mouth resulting in spasmodic torticollis, retro- or anterocollis, trismus and dental trauma, forced jaw-opening or dislocation, grimacing, blepharospasm, tongue biting, protrusion or twisting, and distortion of the lips.32-34 It is not action or sensory stimulus dependent. More subtle signs, including muscle cramps or tightness of the jaw and tongue with difficulty speaking or chewing, may precede dystonia or occur alone.

Cecily
09-15-2021, 06:00 PM
Parkinsonism
Drug-induced parkinsonism is a subacute syndrome that mimics Parkinson’s disease. Though less alarming than dystonia, it is more common, more difficult to treat and can be the cause of significant disability during maintenance treatment especially in the elderly. Bradykinesia is accompanied by masked facies, reduced arm swing, slowed initiation of activities, soft speech and flexed posture. 32 Bilateral and symmetrical rigidity of neck, trunk and extremities appears with cog-wheeling. Resting or action tremors are also observed symmetrically and can be generalized or take the form of a focal peri-oral tremor (rabbit syndrome). Patients may also experience sialorrhea, and postural or gait disturbances.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 06:00 PM
So antipsychotic treatments, when properly managed are unlikely to result in EPS?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3018852/

Yes I have talked to hundreds of people with serious mental illness who have been on 2nd gen antipsychotics for years and do not have muscle tremors or movement disorders. Not saying it’s not possible, but it’s not common

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 06:01 PM
Any other exaggerated concerns that don’t actually apply the the majority of people on these meds?

Cecily
09-15-2021, 06:02 PM
Although dopamine receptor blockade occurs within a few hours after administration of antipsychotic drugs, the onset of parkinsonism may be delayed from days to weeks, with 50% to 75% of cases occurring within one month and 90% within three months.

Cecily
09-15-2021, 06:03 PM
Any other exaggerated concerns that don’t actually apply the the majority of people on these meds?

Akathisia is another common EPS. 32, 46, 53-55 Akathisia is distinct in being defined by subjective as well as objective features, more often affecting the lower extremities, remaining a problem even with SGAs, and being less responsive to treatment. Subjectively, patients complain of inner tension, restlessness, anxiety, urge to move and inability to sit still, and drawing sensations in the legs. Observable motor features are complex, semi-purposeful and repetitive, including foot shuffling or tapping, shifting of weight, rocking, pacing incessantly and even running. Although the severity of these sensations varies with stress and arousal, they can become intolerable and have been associated with violence and suicide

Akathisia may begin within several days after treatment but usually increases with duration of treatment, occurring in up to 50% of cases within one month and 90% of cases within three months. 32 Akathisia should resolve after drug discontinuation, but could temporarily worsen or persist in withdrawal or tardive forms.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 06:05 PM
Although dopamine receptor blockade occurs within a few hours after administration of antipsychotic drugs, the onset of parkinsonism may be delayed from days to weeks, with 50% to 75% of cases occurring within one month and 90% within three months.

Yep, so I would have seen it in people I’ve seeing who have been on these meds for years

Also their doctors are conducting monthly follow ups and monitoring for side effects like these. They are not going to continue to knowingly prescribe something giving someone painful, impeding, or uncomfortable side effects

Psychiatrists are MEDICAL doctors. They take a Hippocratic oath, same as the medical field

Cecily
09-15-2021, 06:06 PM
In contrast to acute EPS, TD is insidious in onset, arises only after prolonged treatment and is often masked by ongoing treatment. In addition, TD is irreversible in most cases but usually mild, whereas acute EPS are transient but unmistakable and incapacitating. Even so, TD can become socially disfiguring and severe enough to compromise eating, speaking, breathing or ambulation.

TD presents as a polymorphous involuntary movement disorder.32, 87, 88 In its most common form, TD is characterized by involuntary, non-rhythmic, repetitive, purposeless hyperkinetic movements. Most often, TD affects orofacial and lingual musculature (“buccolinguomasticatory syndrome”) with chewing or bruxism of the jaw, protrusion, curling or twisting of the tongue, lip smacking, puckering, sucking and pursing, retraction, grimacing or bridling of the mouth, bulging of the cheeks, or eye blinking and blepharospasm. Choreoathetoid movements of the fingers, hands, upper or lower extremities are common. Axial symptoms affecting the neck, shoulders, spine or pelvis may be observed. Dyskinesias can affect breathing, swallowing or speech.

Cecily
09-15-2021, 06:07 PM
Really they're miracle drugs that give people their lives back.

Cecily
09-15-2021, 06:08 PM
Yep, so I would have seen it in people I’ve seeing who have been on these meds for years

Also their doctors are conducting monthly follow ups and monitoring for side effects like these. They are not going to continue to knowingly prescribe something giving someone painful, impeding, or uncomfortable side effects

Psychiatrists are MEDICAL doctors. They take a Hippocratic oath, same as the medical field

You wanna believe that so badly.

i·at·ro·gen·ic
/īˌatrəˈjenik/
adjective
relating to illness caused by medical examination or treatment.
"drugs may cause side effects which can lead to iatrogenic disease"

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 06:08 PM
You can keep pasting paragraphs about TD. In 14 years and thousands of patients I’ve seen it one time, in a 60yr old man who had been prescribed Halodol for 10+ years

It’s not even remotely common. I can’t even call it rare. It’s basically almost non-existent

But paste a few more paragraphs on it whenever

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 06:11 PM
Look I’m tired of arguing with a moron

If you want to tell people in whatever medical position I dread you getting, that antipsychotics are terrible and advise family members and patients to just suffer through the symptoms of schizophrenia without pharmacological assistance that’s on you

Even if you don’t have a conscience that will care about the harm you are doing, I hope the clinic you end up working for has good liability/malpractice insurance

It’s your call, Tom Cruise

Cecily
09-15-2021, 06:12 PM
*smacks lips*

I don't think it's possible for you to consider that psych drugs might actually be causing illness. How would that be possible? A medical doctor prescribed it. Adderall is psychosis as Wellbutrin is to bipolar.

First, assume no liability.

I don't see why you're being abusive to me for stating the FACT that extended treatment with antipsychotics carries a significant risk of developing permanent, debilitating side effects which are 100% due to the use of antipsychotics.

Cecily
09-15-2021, 06:31 PM
You can keep pasting paragraphs about TD. In 14 years and thousands of patients I’ve seen it one time, in a 60yr old man who had been prescribed Halodol for 10+ years

It’s not even remotely common. I can’t even call it rare. It’s basically almost non-existent

But paste a few more paragraphs on it whenever

Your thousands of schizophrenic patients on antipsychotics? Or was it more like 100-200 schizophrenic patients on antipsychotics? So with an annual TD incident rate of 0.9% on second generation antipsychotics, you have have seen up to two cases? Or was it 100 schizophrenics on antipsychotics in 14 years? Was it that many? Or was that just a super useful anecdote?

1% annual rate is small until you think of a million people getting prescriptions for SGAs. It's quite a bit higher for first gen. And that statistic doesn't account for lifetime risk to an individuals. It's hardly insignificant.

Furthermore, doesn't it make you feel bad at all that the treatment used induced a permanent motor disability in even ONE individual under your care?

starkind
09-15-2021, 06:39 PM
They probably see people a few days out of the year to set up whatever welfare and disability they will be on for the rest of their lives while they rapidly deteriorate and die from personal neglect and suicide.

I have more hallucinations since the drugs they put me on. The difference being I know that shit isn't real. Those drugs fucked me up. And gave me more. Just permanently wrecked my brain and perception.

I was a gorgeous 6/10 in great shape. All they had to do was give me something to chill out with instead of leaving me trapped with someone giving me PTSD panic anxiety attacks. So that I could put my therapy to use, my DBT and zen to use. And so that I wasn't constantly reinjuring and wiping myself out trying to cope with situations that where dangerous and stressful.

That person is gone outa my life. My life is better. It's not easier. It's better. My long relationship with my long time housemate has improved. Things are better. My relationships with acquaintances are better. I'm less suicidal.

The drugs didn't help and chipped away at my capacity to cope. I have a great wisdom and deep understanding of dealing with emotional hardship.

The problem isn't, wasn't me. That doesn't mean that I can't do better. I can certainly tell you in my case drugs are unhelpful.

I made this thread because of whale biologist tho. It's not really about people addicted to serotonin.

Cecily
09-15-2021, 06:46 PM
They probably see people a few days out of the year to set up whatever welfare and disability they will be on for the rest of their lives while they rapidly deteriorate and die from personal neglect and suicide.

I have more hallucinations since the drugs they put me on. The difference being I know that shit isn't real. Those drugs fucked me up. And gave me more. Just permanently wrecked my brain and perception.

I was a gorgeous 6/10 in great shape. All they had to do was give me something to chill out with instead of leaving me trapped with someone giving me PTSD panic anxiety attacks. So that I could put my therapy to use, my DBT and zen to use. And so that I wasn't constantly reinjuring and wiping myself out trying to cope with situations that where dangerous and stressful.

That person is gone outa my life. My life is better. It's not easier. It's better. My long relationship with my long time housemate has improved. Things are better. My relationships with acquaintances are better. I'm less suicidal.

The drugs didn't help and chipped away at my capacity to cope. I have a great wisdom and deep understanding of dealing with emotional hardship.

The problem isn't, wasn't me. That doesn't mean that I can't do better. I can certainly tell you in my case drugs are unhelpful.

I made this thread because of whale biologist tho. It's not really about people addicted to serotonin.

I know I lost my mind on Adderall. I sure AF wasn't getting monthly follow ups. The shitty thing is, my QoL was better even though I was getting progressively more and more paranoid and feeling palpable "darkness" internally on a daily basis. Thank fucking god I thought to myself.. I'm not really in touch with reality anymore. Is this psychosis? Was doing a lot better 3 days later.

starkind
09-15-2021, 06:52 PM
I know I lost my mind on Adderall. I sure AF wasn't getting monthly follow ups. The shitty thing is, my QoL was better even though I was getting progressively more and more paranoid and feeling palpable "darkness" internally on a daily basis. Thank fucking god I thought to myself.. I'm not really in touch with reality anymore. Is this psychosis? Was doing a lot better 3 days later.

Bubroprion was the worst. I really did try to kill myself because of that drug and it really enabled me. Manic or not it was the purely logical course of action and Bubroprion made me fearless and help me ignore the pain. That's not even an antipsychotic.

I had been using some antipsychotics offlabel to deal with the stressful abuse and PTSD an individual was putting me through, but they just stopped working and all I was getting was the side effects and the anxiety went through the roof because I was sick, vulnerable, and helpless.

Without the support of my therapist I was on a fast track to haloperidol and a permanent in patient facility. Thankfully people backed me up, called the police, and I was able to get a grip on myself without my abuser around. So they let me go. No medication.

Cecily
09-15-2021, 06:59 PM
Yeah Wellbutrin worked super well for me for awhile, in that I couldn't notice it doing anything for like a year besides counteracting my need to smoke. I took it a bit later and it triggered ragey manic behavior when she was staying with me.

starkind
09-15-2021, 07:08 PM
Yeah Wellbutrin worked super well for me for awhile, in that I couldn't notice it doing anything for like a year besides counteracting my need to smoke. I took it a bit later and it triggered ragey manic behavior when she was staying with me.

It was fine at a low dose. The dose I ended up on was pretty high unfortunately.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 07:13 PM
Your thousands of schizophrenic patients on antipsychotics? Or was it more like 100-200 schizophrenic patients on antipsychotics? So with an annual TD incident rate of 0.9% on second generation antipsychotics, you have have seen up to two cases? Or was it 100 schizophrenics on antipsychotics in 14 years? Was it that many? Or was that just a super useful anecdote?

1% annual rate is small until you think of a million people getting prescriptions for SGAs. It's quite a bit higher for first gen. And that statistic doesn't account for lifetime risk to an individuals. It's hardly insignificant.

Furthermore, doesn't it make you feel bad at all that the treatment used induced a permanent motor disability in even ONE individual under your care?

No absolutely would not feel bad if ONE person developed something like a movement disorder because they would have had the risk of this communicated by their doctor and accepted that risk as an adult, and it would also be a failing of their doctor to notice this developing side effect as well. Then there’s the consideration that UNTREATED SCHIZOPHRENIA, the alternative, would have left them as a homeless person yelling at buildings and running from shadow people until they killed themself, which is a very real possibility. So what’s a better life, Cecily? Movement disorders or a brain permanently caught in a nightmare of hallucinations making a person unable to function as an adult or causing them to kill themselves

And these aren’t people under my care. I’m coming in and temporarily assisting them. They have a clinic with a case manager, they are under their care. And yes, hundreds of them for years and seen it once

Cecily
09-15-2021, 07:14 PM
Hey I don't care what you have to say anymore you cry baby pussy. Didn't read. Shut up.

@star Found this paper: Bupropion-Induced Psychotic Mania: Risk Factor, Clinical Course and Dosage.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 07:17 PM
Bubroprion was the worst. I really did try to kill myself because of that drug and it really enabled me. Manic or not it was the purely logical course of action and Bubroprion made me fearless and help me ignore the pain. That's not even an antipsychotic.

I had been using some antipsychotics offlabel to deal with the stressful abuse and PTSD an individual was putting me through, but they just stopped working and all I was getting was the side effects and the anxiety went through the roof because I was sick, vulnerable, and helpless.

Without the support of my therapist I was on a fast track to haloperidol and a permanent in patient facility. Thankfully people backed me up, called the police, and I was able to get a grip on myself without my abuser around. So they let me go. No medication.

Lies. More lies. There is no such thing as permanent committals, you would’ve had to have committed a major crime such as murder due to a mental illness

COT is reviewed yearly, and inpatient is the most expensive option. So even if you were forced into inpatient for 1 year (the longest and most rare), that would be up for review in a year. And you are always allowed to get an attorney and appeal it whenever u want

What antipsychotic were you prescribed? I’m curious

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 07:18 PM
Hey I don't care what you have to say anymore you cry baby pussy. Didn't read. Shut up.

@star Found this paper: Bupropion-Induced Psychotic Mania: Risk Factor, Clinical Course and Dosage.
Looks interesting.

Kk keep lying and being wrong about everything related to mental health treatment

Cecily
09-15-2021, 07:20 PM
I read that one. What am I wrong about, you whiny bitch?

Your job is to collect insurance payments for talking people for an hour.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 07:25 PM

You are exaggerating the frequency of side effects muscle disorders or TD as if it’s some widespread common problem and completely ignorant to the extremely life-impacting, life-destroying impact of untreated schizophrenia because you haven’t seen it in person on a day to day basis like I do for work

So yes, you are a moron when it comes to mental health. Not gonna take that one back

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 07:26 PM

That your first line treatment options ultimately harms your patients? Well not yours. Your job is to collect insurance payments for talking people for an hour.

No that’s not my job. Our service is grant funded, we don’t bill insurance. I also don’t do talk therapy

This sounds like a “how many things can I be wrong about in single thread” contest. You are crushing it

Cecily
09-15-2021, 07:28 PM
Gotcha. Your job is to leach grant money for talking to people for an hour. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 07:30 PM
Gotcha. Your job is to leach grant money for talking to people for an hour. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Our service is being implemented all over the country. Know the movement to shift funding away from pd to social services?

I spoke about our service to the director of California’s LA county medical program when he visited our agency, who planned to implement the same system over there to shift mental health situations away from PD and the community

Wrong again

Cecily
09-15-2021, 07:30 PM
So in summary you are very smart and the benefits of psychiatric medication overwhelmingly outweighs the risk of adverse drug reactions.

Gatordash
09-15-2021, 07:36 PM
Gotcha your job is to bill insurance for talking to people for an hour.

What's your alternative? Don't medicate anyone? Sounds a lot more dangerous and harmful to me.

Tunabros
dru-

wait a minute...

unsunghero
Gotcha your job is to bill insurance for talking to people for an hour.

I’m able to assist with more than just talking, and I’m able to assist for as long as needed, for many hours. I have literally prevented deaths

What’s your job again? Oh that’s right, you don’t have one

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 07:37 PM
What's your alternative? Don't medicate anyone? Sounds a lot more dangerous and harmful to me.

It is, but she’s a moron

Cecily
09-15-2021, 07:38 PM
I’m able to assist with more than just talking, and I’m able to assist for as long as needed, for many hours. I have literally prevented deaths

What’s your job again? Oh that’s right, you don’t have one

Is that okay or are you really a mental health professional shaming someone for their lack of employment? I'm certain you're really good at your job. Can't imagine talking to you for hours would result in a net reduction in fatalities though.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 07:41 PM
Is that okay or are you really a mental health professional shaming someone for their lack of employment? I'm certain you're really good at your job.

Lol because what I type online is what I say in my job. I have clients who have developmental delays that have a better understanding of mental health than you

Cecily
09-15-2021, 07:44 PM
Lol because what I type online is what I say in my job. I have clients who have developmental delays that have a better understanding of mental health than you

You're an egotistical, overly sensitive prick. That translates to real life, yes.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 07:45 PM
This is the last thing I’ll say on the matter: you’re not a moron, you seem intelligent when it comes to many other things. Your suggestions to not medicate people with acute psychosis are terrible

And I will correct lies yourself, or anyone, tries to spread such that permanent committals exists, lies mean to further a stigma and scare people away from getting mental health treatment

Cecily
09-15-2021, 07:47 PM
Im actually for medication. It's troubling how quickly we reach for it. Please understand the difference.

If you think the mental health system in America is working... Ugh

Gatordash
09-15-2021, 07:50 PM
Im actually for medication. It's troubling how quickly we reach for it. Please understand the difference.

The pharmaceutical industry has a great marketing campaign. I'm guessing Congress/FCC will always allow the commercials of happy people kayaking that go, "Talk to your doctor about drug X" because they get paid a lot of money for it.

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 07:52 PM
I saw a black wolf in my TV reflection for 45 minutes. The wolf sat where I would be, in the chair in front of the turned off TV. I was not in the reflection at all. The wolf was black as space with white piercing glowing eyes staring directly back at me for 45 minutes. Also in the TV reflection that night, I saw a old 1800s type wooden coffin, wide at the shoulders and narrow at the feet, like from a clint eastwood western, on my kitchen table.

On another occasion I heard a loud stomping sound of footsteps like a giant dinosaur or something coming through downtown one night, and a deep loud voice calling out "Here's your Satan, Judas!".

Haldol has been highly effective for me for 13 years. It's the the shit that isn't illusions that drive me to the point of madness - like bad people that always get away with it being worshipped. 80 million people almost made a mass murderer President the United States in 2016.

pink grapefruit
09-15-2021, 07:52 PM
Anyone working in healthcare is obligated to understand their scope of practice, and obviously not work outside of it. This is drilled into your head in school.

So if anyone, furry or otherwise (I remember it being the furries here- unsung and whale biologist are furries??), tries to diagnose you on a video game forum:

1. They dumb
2. Fuck all that shit

I was studying some basic pharmacology today!! Amphetamines are sympathomimetic drugs that affect the CNS. Causes release of norepinephrine and dopamine from the postsynaptic knobs of the brain. We on that inhibitory neurotransmitter shit y'all!! :confused:

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 08:01 PM
I won't mention the night I went to Hell. It's not suitable even for adults. The book's right about it. Ain't no sleep or rest there.

That makes the book and Christ real. Which makes the promise of Heaven real.

Look, I'll take all the above for a chance at hope versus - the world telling me I end forever at death.

Jesus spoke about the vipers. They neither seek the Kingdom nor allow others to enter into it.

I'm the last of the elect that's why the God Almighty comes into me to speak to the world.

Cecily
09-15-2021, 08:04 PM
The pharmaceutical industry has a great marketing campaign. I'm guessing Congress/FCC will always allow the commercials of happy people kayaking that go, "Talk to your doctor about drug X" because they get paid a lot of money for it.

There's no reason those ads should be legal.

Whale biologist
09-15-2021, 08:08 PM
Anyone working in healthcare is obligated to understand their scope of practice, and obviously not work outside of it. This is drilled into your head in school.

So if anyone, furry or otherwise (I remember it being the furries here- unsung and whale biologist are furries??), tries to diagnose you on a video game forum:

1. They dumb
2. Fuck all that shit

I was studying some basic pharmacology today!! Amphetamines are sympathomimetic drugs that affect the CNS. Causes release of norepinephrine and dopamine from the postsynaptic knobs of the brain. We on that inhibitory neurotransmitter shit y'all!! :confused:

Kanly vendetta :)

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 08:09 PM
Jesus, I looked around the globe (you can do that easily now with internet) for other real people outside of a church that would teach me truth and found none. The Joel Osteens that fill up the ministry business really make me want to puke i don't do church. God Almighty IS the church. I'm the last of the elect which can only mean one thing. It's the end of the world.

I wear this crown of thorns,
Upon my liars chair.
Full of broken thoughts,
I cannot repair.

The needle tears a hole,
That old familiar sting.
Try to kill it all away,
But I remember everything

I'm telling you, we've had a slew of shitty fucking Presidents (cult)in our lifetime and era, but we're gonna have the best ruler imaginable in Heaven for all of time and it will last forever.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 08:15 PM

1. They dumb
2. Fuck all that shit

I’d never try to diagnose someone online, that’s ridiculous. Anyone that tries is probably lying about what they do

And you are right, I have to stay within my scope. So when starkind says “why don’t people look at their diets or lifestyles” those are good points, those are points I have too. But that is not my function. I am not educated or trained in nutrition, although I know a lot about it, and I am not a life coach. I am there as a mental health professional, and have to stay within my scope

Secondly, I always tell general mental health clients “there are no side effects to something like counseling, I suggest you start there”

I think Cecily misunderstands my defense of prescribing antipsychotics for people with serious mental illness psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia that I am some kind of a pill pusher. I’m not!

But for someone with acute psychosis, yes, they should try antipsychotics and yes that is even considering the side effects. If I had schizophrenia, I pray my family would assist me on getting on those medications. This usually falls to the outside supports because when a person is living that nightmare of constant delusions and hallucinations, they have no “insight” into the fact they are not real. They are as real to them as the keyboard you are typing on is to you. So it falls on their supports or mental health professionals to get them help at that point

And once again, for those people, the alternative is becoming homeless, walking around or running away from imaginary things talking to oneself until a particular delusion causes something much worse to happen, such as suicide or homicide. You cannot counsel someone out of something like acute psychosis, and it does not tend to ever spontaneously go away on its own unless it was drug induced

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 08:21 PM
When psychology gets me past the grave ill start studying it. Yo logic, resurrect the dead!

And yea magic is real. But it's God that powers it.

pink grapefruit
09-15-2021, 08:22 PM
I’d never try to diagnose someone online, that’s ridiculous. Anyone that tries is probably lying about what they do

And you are right, I have to stay within my scope. So when starkind says “why don’t people look at their diets or lifestyles” those are good points, those are points I have to. But that is not my function. I am not educated or trained in nutrition, although I know a lot about it, and I am not a life coach. I am there as a mental health professional, and have to stay within my scope

Secondly, I always tell general mental health clients “there are no side effects to something like counseling, I suggest you start there”

I think Cecily misunderstands my defense of prescribing antipsychotics for people with serious mental illness psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia that I am some kind of a pill pusher. I’m not!

But for someone with acute psychosis, yes, they should try antipsychotics and yes that is even considering the side effects. If I had schizophrenia, I pray my family would assist me on getting on those medications. This usually falls to the outside supports because when a person is living that nightmare of constant delusions and hallucinations, they have no “insight” into the fact they are not real. They are as real to them as the keyboard you are typing on is to you. So it falls on their supports or mental health professionals to get them help at that point

And once again, for those people, the alternative is becoming homeless, walking around or running away from imaginary things talking to oneself until a particular delusion causes something much worse to happen, such as suicide or homicide. You cannot counsel someone out of something like acute psychosis, and it does not tend to ever spontaneously go away on its own unless it was drug induced

lol

pink grapefruit
09-15-2021, 08:26 PM
Kanly vendetta :)

If this is a threat I accept it with open arms!! :D

I want to see you bleed <3

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 08:29 PM
lol

:)

Gatordash
09-15-2021, 08:31 PM
There's no reason those ads should be legal.

I dunno dude look how happy you could be-

AanCCEhr8f0

*and with a low risk of sexual side effects!

Cecily
09-15-2021, 08:38 PM
And I have to say it's nice... that there's a low risk of sexual side effects.

Gatordash
09-15-2021, 08:49 PM
And I have to say it's nice... that there's a low risk of sexual side effects.

*Statement barely meets correlation coefficient standards from our funded research on our funded patients that gets approved to be put on television by our funded government employees.

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 08:58 PM
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, miss Lewinsky."
"I was in the schoolhouse and I saw on TV the first plane hit the building."
"One must not insult a prophet of Islam."
"The Mega Powers will crumble the Twin Towers!"
"That's when we made the decision to pull it."
"And that's when a missi... plane hit the Pentagon."

The first three quotes were by U.S. Presidents.
Fourth is Randy Savage in the 1989 WWE Tag Team Main Event.
The last two quotes have long been removed from Youtube. In knew in 1994 that the internet would become fully controlled by the governments.

Whale biologist
09-15-2021, 09:03 PM
If this is a threat I accept it with open arms

You begin casting Magnification.

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 09:05 PM
That's when we made the decision to pull it. Pu pu pu pull it. Pull it. P p p pull it.

I remember thinking that day, that building didn't even get hit, why did it fall, and why so fast?

Lord have mercy.

starkind
09-15-2021, 09:07 PM
Lies. More lies. There is no such thing as permanent committals, you would’ve had to have committed a major crime such as murder due to a mental illness

COT is reviewed yearly, and inpatient is the most expensive option. So even if you were forced into inpatient for 1 year (the longest and most rare), that would be up for review in a year. And you are always allowed to get an attorney and appeal it whenever u want

What antipsychotic were you prescribed? I’m curious
You sound like you work in corporate. Earlier in the thread when you where defending brain chemicals I realized you didn't really understand these drugs and IF you had some kind of medical practice you where a monkey in the machine defending your procedures and continued education modules and then you got into stats with Cecily and then I realized your not being 100% truthful.

I've been hospitalized a few times in my life. Some where quite long. And no they don't just lock people away without criminal cause. However, I was in the awkward position of not having a safe home. So they had to find me a facility that could handle my unique case. I don't want to go into detail, however long-term/ permanent was on the table. They weren't sending me home till my home was safe and that wasn't a given. So, no, please don't call me a liar...

Maybe they do kick some people just out onto the street. My history and military background changes things tho. I'm not a typical case of some homeless schizo.

Hope that helps.

starkind
09-15-2021, 09:10 PM
That's when we made the decision to pull it. Pu pu pu pull it. Pull it. P p p pull it.

I remember thinking that day, that building didn't even get hit, why did it fall, and why so fast?

Lord have mercy.
Nukes. Micronukes. And thermite. I know you don't believe in nukes. And that's ok.

I'm still with you and God, on God's side.

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 09:11 PM
The BBC fucked up. They said "WTC building seven has fallen." 20 minutes later it fell. Unexpectedly by most. 9/11 is bigger than every other US war combined in magnitude of significance it has and will have on future generations of Americans.

GinnasP99
09-15-2021, 09:14 PM
heh, bbc

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 09:15 PM
You sound like you work in corporate. Earlier in the thread when you where defending brain chemicals I realized you didn't really understand these drugs and IF you had some kind of medical practice you where a monkey in the machine defending your procedures and continued education modules and then you got into stats with Cecily and then I realized your not being 100% truthful.

I've been hospitalized a few times in my life. Some where quite long. And no they don't just lock people away without criminal cause. However, I was in the awkward position of not having a safe home. So they had to find me a facility that could handle my unique case. I don't want to go into detail, however long-term/ permanent was on the table. They weren't sending me home till my home was safe and that wasn't a given. So, no, please don't call me a liar...

Maybe they do kick some people just out onto the street. My history and military background changes things tho. I'm not a typical case of some homeless schizo.

Hope that helps.

Sorry actually mistook the poster as Cecily saying she was threatened with permanent committal :)

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 09:16 PM
The day I learned my own nation did it i cried like a baby for hours. I've been madder than fuck since. Lord have mercy. On their souls.

starkind
09-15-2021, 09:19 PM

No one is saying this.

Antipsychotics should not be proscribed to treat anxiety disorders, ptsd, depression, or other non life threatening conditions like "I can't sleep ".

The other thing I'm saying is most people are fucking idiots and people who give/seek medical advice on elf forums are assholes and or dumb.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about how fucked up it is. And how it often makes things worse than simply advising people to seek Jesus or do something mindful. Or learn yoga. Or eat right.

Yet we have some literal definitions of the word chucklehead suggesting drugs most people won't even ever have to consider because they lost their cat. Or their dicks are so broke their bedbound. Thats not even a psychiatric issue.

Tldr. Thread is for entertainment purposes only not medical advice.

starkind
09-15-2021, 09:23 PM
Sorry actually mistook the poster as Cecily saying she was threatened with permanent committal :)

I have a lot of experience from inside the system and because I am genuinely sweet, nice, honorable, caring, I do listen to, observe and get to know the other patients.

Three of them had severe muscle disorders the last time I was in. They where nice people. All female. One couldn't stand without doing this oombop move. I'm no expert, however I am not clinically brain dead yet. Nor am I johnny memnonic. I don't interfere in other patients treatment, and for all I know they all had a choice between the side effects or horror.

Either way they still got recommitted. And thread was initially about whale Biologists. Not schizophrenia.

Whale biologist
09-15-2021, 09:34 PM
Occupation
Psychosis.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 09:36 PM
I will clarify two things: I am not in corporate, our agency is a non-profit

Also, there is a stigma that hospitals commit people. Ya’ll wouldn’t believe the amount of people who have told me they were suicidal but didn’t want to go to a hospital for help because they didn’t want to be committed for life. It’s an extremely common misconception for the layman public

starkind
09-15-2021, 09:40 PM
I will clarify two things: I am not in corporate, our agency is a non-profit

Also, there is a stigma that hospitals commit people. Ya’ll wouldn’t believe the amount of people who have told me they were suicidal but didn’t want to go to a hospital for help because they didn’t want to be committed for life. It’s an extremely common misconception for the layman public

That's true.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 09:47 PM
To my knowledge the antipsychotics they prescribe to kids as a mood stabilizer like abilify do not cause movement disorders. Other antipsychotics even newer generation ones do, at very low rates

I am not a psychiatrist to say for sure. Prescribing antipsychotics for kids as mood stabilizers like ability is RAMPANT, when the real problem is often bad parents. So I truly hope abilify doesn’t cause movement disorders, and am fairly sure it doesn’t

If it does, there is going to be a National scandal brewing in a few years. Rampant prescribing of these to kids, not kidding :(

starkind
09-15-2021, 09:47 PM
Occupation
Psychosis.

How's ogrila?

I want you to know that even though you're just a dumb silly Whale biologist. I love you very much.

You're included in my next loving kindness meditation and prayer.

Meditation b4 medication. Unless you're in crisis. Or need to avoid a crisis.

If you're in crisis you need to be following your crisis prevention and crisis management skills and be in touch with experts, your therapist.

My idiot psychiatrist didn't commit me when I was in my car locked, screaming and begging for help, telling her that the meds stopped working.

A month later the cops got involved and I ended up in a hospital anyway.

Take that for what it's worth, and if you want to beat up on anyone, take it out on me.

starkind
09-15-2021, 09:50 PM
To my knowledge the antipsychotics they prescribe to kids as a mood stabilizer like ability do not cause movement disorders. Other antipsychotics even newer generation ones so, at very low rates

I am not a psychiatrists to say for sure. Prescribing antipsychotics for kids as mood stabilizers like ability is RAMPANT, when the real problem is often bad parents. So I truly hope abilify doesn’t cause movement disorders, and am fairly sure it doesn’t

If it does, there is going to be a National scandal brewing in a few years. Rampant prescribing of these to kids, not kidding :(
Medication on developing brains seems dangerous to me.

Maybe because when I was 8 years old and in all children's hospital I was proscribed Lithium which made me puke and have tremors because too much serotonin.

Yet I tried and tried again throughout my life with different drugs. And when the Lithium didn't really work and I started seeing things as a child on prescription meds, they just added more, like imipramine.

Probably so I would just shut up and sleep.

Yeah. I saw aliens as a kid. Makes me wonder if they are just real and everyone is supposed to be oblivious to them and if you see them you get drugged to try and cover it up. Stop you from seeing the true nature of reality.

Whale biologist
09-15-2021, 09:51 PM
How's ogrila?

The race was over in 2 hours now I'm bored. :(

didn't find any rage

Cecily
09-15-2021, 09:53 PM
To my knowledge the antipsychotics they prescribe to kids as a mood stabilizer like ability do not cause movement disorders. Other antipsychotics even newer generation ones so, at very low rates

I am not a psychiatrists to say for sure. Prescribing antipsychotics for kids as mood stabilizers like ability is RAMPANT, when the real problem is often bad parents. So I truly hope abilify doesn’t cause movement disorders, and am fairly sure it doesn’t

I don't think we're as divided on this issue as we may seem to be. Let me clarify that I believe these drugs have their uses, but as a person trying to enter the mental health field, I have serious concerns about the side effects about the drugs I will be giving to my patients. I absolutely agree that antipsychotics are useful for acute psychosis. I'm much more worried about their safety being used long term as a maintenance medication with regards to EPS and metabolic side effects.

Bad side effects exist and it horrifies me to be a part of making that happen to someone.

Even more so if I ever reach my career goal of being a pro scriber. The issue is we don't really have better options. I see them as a bad solution and unfortunately a better one doesn't seem to exist right now. I am really interested in alternative treatments. Calorie restriction and fucking niacin of all things have some promise. Wouldn't it be cool if it was just a nutritional deficiency? Not much money in pushing vitamin B pills.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 09:54 PM
Medication on developing brains seems dangerous to me.

Maybe because when I was 8 years old and in all children's hospital I was proscribed Lithium which made me puke and have tremors because too much serotonin.

Yet I tried and tried again throughout my life with different drugs. And when the Lithium didn't really work and I started seeing things as a child on prescription meds, they just added more, like imipramine.

It’s corner cutting. Can’t manage my children or the group home can’t manage their behaviors so they use meds. Yah I’m not a fan either

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 09:56 PM
I'm happy with the way things are going in my life. I'm happy with... with...
Melissa?
I know her name!
What does she do?
She's a... she's a therapist.
Oh... Yours?

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith
I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game

starkind
09-15-2021, 09:59 PM
As bad as it is, why can't we just grow opium in the USA

And maybe some of what I remember as aliens and worms coming out of me as a kid where just twisted memories of doctors operating on me or something.

Either way I have good reason to question "the truth".

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 10:00 PM
I don't think we're as divided on this issue as we may seem to be. Let me clarify that I believe these drugs have their uses, but as a person trying to enter the mental health field, I have serious concerns about the side effects about the drugs I will be giving to my patients. I absolutely agree that antipsychotics are useful for acute psychosis. I'm much more worried about their safety being used long term as a mantienence medication with regards to EPS and metabolic side effects.

Oh yeah for sure if it’s for any other use, I would be concerned about that too. Any time I see something like Geodon prescribed to someone who has no current or history of delusions or hallucinations I’m immediately asking staff why this person is on something like Geodon

You shouldn’t see zyprexa, Geodon, risperidone, or Halodol prescribed for anything other than acute psychosis once you are out in the field

The one you might see frequently prescribed to adults who don’t have psychosis is seroquel. That seems to be a one size fits all medications that may very well be dangerously (considering it is indeed an antipsychotic) overprescribed

Just to prep you on what to expect for adult patients

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 10:01 PM
As a kid i saw small black creatures behind a table in the den. They terrorized me at night popping out from the shadows.

When I was four a thought entered my mind one particular day "One day your daddy's gonna die."

Well, now he's dead.

I was four.

I was driving home from the local store back in early 2017 and a thought came to me that scared me to death "Your mama is going to die."
A few months later she developed heart failure and hurt for 23 days and died.

Every fucking bad thought that comes into a mind isn't mental 'illness' its just God Almighty talking.
Every good thought too.

starkind
09-15-2021, 10:02 PM
The race was over in 2 hours now I'm bored. :(

didn't find any rage

You should illustrate this for the plebs so we can feel bored together. I thought those were like rep grinds for mounts and stuff.

Admittedly I'm too busy talking about drugs and 911 and aliens and biblical prophecy to really get classic wow, I am interested though!

Cecily
09-15-2021, 10:05 PM
I'm really enjoying proscriber btw.

pink grapefruit
09-15-2021, 10:07 PM
A lot of the posts being made here are confusing.

I sorta want to ask my doctor for some anxiety meds. Maybe something for sleep, too!

The days followed by the nights without sleep are the absolute worst lol.

Whale biologist
09-15-2021, 10:08 PM
You should illustrate this for the plebs so we can feel bored together. I thought those were like rep grinds for mounts and stuff.

Admittedly I'm too busy talking about drugs and 911 and aliens and biblical prophecy to really get classic wow, I am interested though!

It was the raids being raced I don't care about ogres.

Found a fat guy now, hopefully they wipe. :)

Mesocyclone
09-15-2021, 10:09 PM
My posts are crisp, concise, well orchestrated, and to the fucking point.
If you want a good night's sleep drink a 6pack.

bubur
09-15-2021, 10:10 PM
there's some threads i just dont post in until they reach 10+ pages

hey hows it goin

Cecily
09-15-2021, 10:11 PM
Do a little research into benzo withdrawal if you haven't. I've seen that first-hand and it's bad.. One of the few withdrawals that can kill you. It's a great short term drug, but dear god that withdrawal is awful if you form a habit. Takes forever to get back to normal (if you do).

Another issue I have with psych meds is there isn't nearly enough research or support for people weaning off this stuff, should intolerable side effects happen. My ex boyfriend had problems getting his script filled once and the world was spinning while he was driving. Fun stuff. Doctors simply aren't informed most of the time from what I've seen. Fuck effexor.

Tunabros
09-15-2021, 10:12 PM
how is this thread on page 14 and its only 1 day old

go outside, peoples! :D

starkind
09-15-2021, 10:14 PM
As a kid i saw small black creatures behind a table in the den. They terrorized me at night popping out from the shadows.

I have the occasional hallucination. They never last more than a few minutes though. And their really infrequent. And rarely like really waking. So if I see a shadowman I am more curious than afraid and write it off as a spirit or watcher and it's gone.

I jump at more imaginary bugs.

There was this one time death appeared and I was fully alert and there was a hum or vibrations and singing. And so sometimes I wonder if I died and that was one of the tines, and the quantumesque nature of the universe means my conciousness shifted to one of the remaining living states. (Quantum mechanics is BS tho rly)

Anyway. Drugs won't solve my dilemma. They don't even help me sleep and certainly aren't a good way to test death again.

Best to go it God's way stay alive. And stay lucid. I suppose if I was seeing shadowmen every day and I was hurting or terrorized by them, I'd take something to make them stay away.

As it is im more with it, present grounded, and have more accute and accurate perception than most sane cool and normal people.

+7 to spot checks without any skill points invested.

So, nah, I'm not crazy. Just aware, awake, and willing to see what people are afraid to, unable to.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 10:22 PM
She won’t get any of the good benzos but ya if she could I’d have the same warnings

What they’d offer for fast acting tx for anxiety that’s non-addictive would be either hydroxizine or vistiril. Both are like a really powerful Benadryl which zonk the person out, so common complaints I hear are people saying they can’t take these to function at a job/school or something, may not be safe to drive on. Could be good for sleep

Cecily
09-15-2021, 10:23 PM
I think a big reform should be patient education regarding wtf is going to happen when you stop taking a medication. Patients should be able to weigh that risk as part of informed consent before begining anything their body could form a dependence on.

starkind
09-15-2021, 10:23 PM
Do a little research into benzo withdrawal if you haven't. I've seen that first-hand and it's bad.. One of the few withdrawals that can kill you. It's a great short term drug, but dear god that withdrawal is awful if you form a habit. Takes forever to get back to normal (if you do).

Another issue I have with psych meds is there isn't nearly enough research or support for people weaning off this stuff, should intolerable side effects happen. My ex boyfriend had problems getting his script filled once and the world was spinning while he was driving. Fun stuff. Doctors simply aren't informed most of the time from what I've seen. Fuck effexor.

Why benzo.

What's wrong with a poppy tea or much less potent form?

Cecily
09-15-2021, 10:25 PM
As far as medications what are your options? Ssris, benzos, beta blockers

I think benzos when I think antianxiety... Because they work. Just in a kinda poisonous way.

starkind
09-15-2021, 10:29 PM
She won’t get any of the good benzos but ya if she could I’d have the same warnings

What they’d offer for fast acting tx for anxiety that’s non-addictive would be either hydroxizine or vistiril. Both are like a really powerful Benadryl which zonk the person out, so common complaints I hear are people saying they can’t take these to function at a job/school or something, may not be safe to drive on. Could be good for sleep

Hydroxazine is an ok sleep aid. Tho fuck relying on it for sleep too.. in liue of alternatives, does fuck all when having a full blown anxiety attack. That's when you need an Ativan and just fucking deal with the situation later.

Obviously u can't be take Ativan every day. Speaking from experience.

One Ativan is enough to let me get a full 8 hrs rest and come out reset and able to look at where I am and what I need to do. Wish I had even two of those each month just incase.

Again 2 Ativan doesn't make the money 90 useless Hydroxazine tabs does.

starkind
09-15-2021, 10:35 PM
As far as medications what are your options? Ssris, benzos, beta blockers

I think benzos when I think antianxiety... Because they work. Just in a kinda poisonous way.

Effexor is supposed to be forreal.

Withdrawal problems tho.

Anyway I just double up on the camomile lavender tea cuz fuck the VA.

The thing about anxiety is it's not usually an everyday crisis. The meds should be there so the crisis doesn't kill us. Not a fucking daily medication to be addicted to.

Doctors overproscribe and ppl sell Xtra so now no one except the richest ppl with the finest doctors in the coolest jurisdictions get them.

Sorry if you're poor and you where assaulted as a child.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 10:35 PM
I have the occasional hallucination. They never last more than a few minutes though. And their really infrequent. And rarely like really waking. So if I see a shadowman I am more curious than afraid and write it off as a spirit or watcher and it's gone.

I jump at more imaginary bugs.

There was this one time death appeared and I was fully alert and there was a hum or vibrations and singing. And so sometimes I wonder if I died and that was one of the tines, and the quantumesque nature of the universe means my conciousness shifted to one of the remaining living states. (Quantum mechanics is BS tho rly)

Anyway. Drugs won't solve my dilemma. They don't even help me sleep and certainly aren't a good way to test death again.

Best to go it God's way stay alive. And stay lucid. I suppose if I was seeing shadowmen every day and I was hurting or terrorized by them, I'd take something to make them stay away.

As it is im more with it, present grounded, and have more accute and accurate perception than most sane cool and normal people.

+7 to spot checks without any skill points invested.

So, nah, I'm not crazy. Just aware, awake, and willing to see what people are afraid to, unable to.

I’ve had a couple too. Had a roommate who bought some shady overseas pharmacy prescription sleep pill, not ambien but something like it. Came from Romania…

Anyway I took it and I had visual hallucinations of seeing shadows running down the walls of the room in patterns. Found them pretty, not frightening

I’ve done mushrooms before and had beautiful visuals from those. Never wanted to try LSD because had always heard there’s a small risk of permanent psychosis, and I’ve seen this occur in 3 different young men in my job. This is where they took lsd once, and months later were still having hallucinations and delusions. But they were also at the age for onset of schizophrenia. So they may have it latent in their dna and the lsd just pulled it out

Either way LSD was just a little too hard for me to try, had friends who have done it many times. I do think I have a strong mind and sometimes wonder how I would fare if poisoned by bath salts or spice, could I try to reason through the hallucinations. Not curious enough to poison myself tho :)

starkind
09-15-2021, 10:42 PM
So there's the dive reflex. If you are having a crisis, that's an alternative. And usually more effective than the meds.

Just need a bowl of ice and water. Or some icepacks.

Still. There's a few times where that Ativan is going to be the way to go. Especially when it's go home take an Ativan, keep the job.

Or lose the job and end up hospitalized.

Anxiety is different from depression and I believe underlies depressive symptoms in people in denial or repressing that childhood abuse. Who just think their too badass and don't remember breaking down into tears, screaming im sorry and hiding curled in the corner after simply getting asked "how'd your day go". It happens.

That...years ago was a stressful day when I fucked up and made a mistake at work.

I was terrified and ashamed and in reality felt like I was going to get hurt or accidentally hurt someone else and it'd be taken out on me.

starkind
09-15-2021, 10:45 PM
I’ve had a couple too. Had a roommate who bought some shady overseas pharmacy prescription sleep pill, not ambien but something like it. Came from Romania…

Anyway I took it and I had visual hallucinations of seeing shadows running down the walls of the room in patterns. Found them pretty, not frightening

I’ve done mushrooms before and had beautiful visuals from those. Never wanted to try LSD because had always heard there’s a small risk of permanent psychosis, and I’ve seen this occur in 3 different young men in my job. This is where they took lsd once, and months later were still having hallucinations and delusions. But they were also at the age for onset of schizophrenia. So they may have it latent in their dna and the lsd just pulled it out

Either way LSD was just a little too hard for me to try, had friends who have done it many times. I do think I have a strong mind and sometimes wonder how I would fare if poisoned by bath salts or spice, could I try to reason through the hallucinations. Not curious enough to poison myself tho :)

Id rather the world remain really mundane and boring and play lots of wow. I'm quite biased against stuff like LSD and DMT personally in that regard. Even microdosing seems like it could be unfun.

unsunghero
09-15-2021, 10:47 PM
Hydroxazine is an ok sleep aid. Tho fuck relying on it for sleep too.. in liue of alternatives, does fuck all when having a full blown anxiety attack. That's when you need an Ativan and just fucking deal with the situation later.

Obviously u can't be take Ativan every day. Speaking from experience.

One Ativan is enough to let me get a full 8 hrs rest and come out reset and able to look at where I am and what I need to do. Wish I had even two of those each month just incase.

Again 2 Ativan doesn't make the money 90 useless Hydroxazine tabs does.

Ya once you’ve had Ativan hydroxizine just won’t measure up :)

I messed up dates in the past where I was so nervous that I bummed a benzo like Xanax from a friend and took it before the date, having no benzo tolerance

Then during the date I mixed it with alcohol because we were drinking at a restarting or bar. Totally backfired because the combination of those two things stupefied me into a glass eyed zombie barely saying a word just sitting there like “durrr” :)

Tunabros
09-15-2021, 10:47 PM
get a room, you sillies!

starkind
09-15-2021, 10:48 PM
get a room, you sillies!

This thread is real talk.

Tell us ur story.

starkind
09-15-2021, 10:57 PM
Ya once you’ve had Ativan hydroxizine just won’t measure up :)

I messed up dates in the past where I was so nervous that I bummed a benzo like Xanax from a friend and took it before the date, having no benzo tolerance

Then during the date I mixed it with alcohol because we were drinking at a restarting or bar. Totally backfired because the combination of those two things stupefied me into a glass eyed zombie barely saying a word just sitting there like “durrr” :)

Yeah. Not fun either. I am horribly alcohol intolerant. I don't enjoy being heavily sedated, drunk, or incapacitated.

At least with the Ativan it was like lights out. BTW I was crying and cowering in a chair for like 4hrs before they gave me that. They had tried the hydroxazine, charge nurse I guess got tired of watching me suffer and pulled some weight with the doctor on staff.

It was finally uphill from there. Didn't need another one. It did snap me outta my .. whatever you want to call it. Anxiety x9000. I don't want to get to detailed on that exact one.

imperiouskitten
09-15-2021, 11:23 PM
BD8c_jkRdZU

he's really dumb fyi, been a long time since any sheen of credibility wiped well off. Tells you what you want to hear with little intellectual rigor. That's my report on Molyneux as of like 2014.

starkind
09-16-2021, 12:32 AM
he's really dumb fyi, been a long time since any sheen of credibility wiped well off. Tells you what you want to hear with little intellectual rigor. That's my report on Molyneux as of like 2014.

He may be an unregistered, unlicensed, amateur dumb dumb. All I saw him do was just spend 48 minutes reading elementary facts from a PowerPoint slide.

It's not rocket science. And there's not a whole lot that can be deeply critizcized there.

The part of how they gave Klonopin, valium, xanaax, and Ativan 2 the ppl in the prozacian drug trials in order to get it approved was my favorite.

And the high incidence if ssri in school shootings.

starkind
09-16-2021, 12:47 AM
GeGrEw19ypE

I agree with this one too. Good point about syphilis and concussions.

Also, stuff like Parkinsons will definitely make u sad. There's a ton of good reasons to feel sad.

And anxious.

It's not possible to not feel those. It's what you do after feeling that that matters.

Some good videos posted ages ago here about opportunities, looking on the bright side, and stoicism.

All components of DBT essentially.

pink grapefruit
09-16-2021, 06:24 AM
Figure they’d toss out some ssri if you went to doctor asking for anxiety meds.

School and work has me stressed some :)

Back in 2020 when everything was weird and my coworkers were drawing my blood to test for covid using a shitty method and we were sharing ppe I’d cry in my car most days. Those n95s hurt and leave marks on your face.

Baler
09-16-2021, 06:37 AM
Practitioner = Practice != Professional

starkind
09-16-2021, 09:08 AM
Figure they’d toss out some ssri if you went to doctor asking for anxiety meds.

School and work has me stressed some :)

Back in 2020 when everything was weird and my coworkers were drawing my blood to test for covid using a shitty method and we were sharing ppe I’d cry in my car most days. Those n95s hurt and leave marks on your face.

Really blood draws...

That's another reason I refused to go voluntarily into treatment.

I was sick and not eating and I was passing out. I've had some draws where they called the emts in the past.

I get it. Everyone new that touches a patient wants fresh labs and doesn't trust u with "I don't do drugs".

Yep. Every damn time. "Hey doc, my blood is angelic, those labs won't tell you shit, but that my heart stops when you bled me dry".

The tech. "Omg bish, these 10 vials are less than a period, eat some red meat.

"Your food isn't kosher!".

:mad:

Mblake1981
09-16-2021, 09:14 AM
I’d cry in my car most days. Those n95s hurt and leave marks on your face.

8 hours per day since the masks started in 2020, sometimes weekends (still) up to 12 hours. Every day. i have a nasal issue from smashing my face with a metal go-kart steering wheel in my youth, so it's been one of those fun filled public adventures you hear so much about.

oh, before i forget "waaa"

starkind
09-16-2021, 09:20 AM
Pretty soon you're going to need a spacesuit just to work.

I'm not really sorry.

Plastiq Niqab for all genders? Will we finally achieve a genderless society in full ppe every day?

Tunabros
09-16-2021, 11:59 AM
This thread is real talk.

Tell us ur story.

don't talk to me

starkind
09-16-2021, 12:03 PM
don't talk to me

why are you posting in my thread than? u don't have to tell us anything

could be made up story 2

who knows whats real anymore

maybe i'm not real

entire thread is fake and autogenerated by a google bot to poison ur minds

maybe we should only talk about everquest related subjects in off topic

maybe everquest should have more potions in it with crazy side effects so it was more realistic

maybe do what u want and totally disregard the stranger on the internet with random anecdotes

MAYBEEE this thread isn't really meant to be serious and 'real talk' was a sarcastic reflection on the seriousness of the subject matter, but liek how many of you have any real lived experience and would be willing to share

no worries! such is life

it sucks

until it doesn't

enjoy the flowers while they are in bloom :cool:

Mblake1981
09-16-2021, 12:16 PM
why are you posting in my thread than? u don't have to tell us anything

could be made up story 2

who knows whats real anymore

maybe i'm not real

entire thread is fake and autogenerated by a google bot to poison ur minds

maybe we should only talk about everquest related subjects in off topic

maybe everquest should have more potions in it with crazy side effects so it was more realistic

maybe do what u want and totally disregard the stranger on the internet with random anecdotes

MAYBEEE this thread isn't really meant to be serious and 'real talk' was a sarcastic reflection on the seriousness of the subject matter, but liek how many of you have any real lived experience and would be willing to share

no worries! such is life

it sucks

until it doesn't

enjoy the flowers while they are in bloom :cool:

OMG LOL

how did you read my pill-pocked brain like that? LOL you should be on TV

starkind
09-16-2021, 12:18 PM
OMG LOL

how did you read my pill-pocked brain like that? LOL you should be on TV

holy shit i have to walk away now

god bles u :o

pink grapefruit
09-16-2021, 12:48 PM
Really blood draws...

That's another reason I refused to go voluntarily into treatment.

I was sick and not eating and I was passing out. I've had some draws where they called the emts in the past.

I get it. Everyone new that touches a patient wants fresh labs and doesn't trust u with "I don't do drugs".

Yep. Every damn time. "Hey doc, my blood is angelic, those labs won't tell you shit, but that my heart stops when you bled me dry".

The tech. "Omg bish, these 10 vials are less than a period, eat some red meat.

"Your food isn't kosher!".

:mad:

LOL we gotta get your blood, sorry :P

The very first draw we did some management position RN did mine and she blew the vein so bad most of my arm was a giant bruise. A few days later I got these weird spots on part of the bruising and I thought I was dying 😂

Tried to upload bruising and dots pics but can’t figure out Imgur or w/e on phone. Why’s it so hard to put pics in posts??

starkind
09-16-2021, 12:59 PM
LOL we gotta get your blood, sorry :P

The very first draw we did some management position RN did mine and she blew the vein so bad most of my arm was a giant bruise. A few days later I got these weird spots on part of the bruising and I thought I was dying 😂

Tried to upload bruising and dots pics but can’t figure out Imgur or w/e on phone. Why’s it so hard to put pics in posts??

because bak in the day ppl were being weird pervs on this board so it got kinda nerfed 2 imgur only

:o

Mblake1981
09-16-2021, 01:04 PM
holy shit i have to walk away now

god bles u :o

What OMG do you no lik me WTF is wrong wid you ffs lmaooooooooooo I am the best there ever was, the white coats told me so! LOL OMG these pills taste like candy and i want more.. MORE! :D

lol like anyone could resist 250lbs of pure Amazonian woman.

starkind
09-16-2021, 01:07 PM
What OMG do you no lik me WTF is wrong wid you ffs lmaooooooooooo I am the best there ever was, the white coats told me so! LOL OMG these pills taste like candy and i want more.. MORE! :D

lol like anyone could resist 250lbs of pure Amazonian woman.

i was laughing 2 hard i had to take a big break and get some fresh air and water

activity is like one of the 6 ways to survive cancer lemme dig out the others

.. 1. activity
2. sleep
3. diet
5. environment
6. gratitude, spirtuality, faith, stuff like that

not in neccissarily that order tho

oh 4. social support, almost forgot that one

Whale biologist
09-16-2021, 01:07 PM
because bak in the day ppl were being weird pervs on this board so it got kinda nerfed 2 imgur only

According to legend, some treasure remains in this ruin of a great Empire, waiting for intrepid adventurers to find it.

starkind
09-16-2021, 01:12 PM
Also RIP about ur arm pink grapefruit

i only had that happen once when i was a kid and they were doing my levels for lithium they tried taking my blood like 20 times at the regular office, eventually sent me to the hospital were they had a specialist do it

:((((

feels

pink grapefruit
09-16-2021, 01:13 PM

What were they posting? Also who.

Mblake1981
09-16-2021, 01:14 PM
i was laughing 2 hard i had to take a big break and get some fresh air and water

activity is like one of the 6 ways to survive cancer lemme dig out the others

.. 1. activity
2. sleep
3. diet
5. environment
6. gratitude, spirtuality, faith, stuff like that

not in neccissarily that order tho

oh 4. social support, almost forgot that one

lol so this one time at the funny farm my white coat had Wrangler jeans and it made me think of cowboys LMAO

Should have seen screetch's face when I put him in a Joe Rogan death grip and told him I have always loved him.

We shared tic-tacs over dinner then he moved away. I still don't understand why his eyes showed primordial fear. LMAO me stronk

starkind
09-16-2021, 01:26 PM
What were they posting? Also who.

i'm really afraid to say because it may trigger the following poster further :o

lol so this one time at the funny farm my white coat had Wrangler jeans and it made me think of cowboys LMAO

Should have seen screetch's face when I put him in a Joe Rogan death grip and told him I have always loved him.

We shared tic-tacs over dinner then he moved away. I still don't understand why his eyes showed primordial fear. LMAO me stronk

i wasn't the prettiest tho !

many minds however unfortunately shattered

i should have followed the prime directive

pink grapefruit
09-16-2021, 01:45 PM
I bet it was unsung posting nudes all the time :D

unsunghero
09-16-2021, 02:43 PM
15670I bet it was unsung posting nudes all the time :D

Ooloo
09-16-2021, 03:00 PM
That cat's just like boof- here I am.

imperiouskitten
09-16-2021, 05:16 PM
if its me with the imgur restriction provocations i would be honored. i disagree that it was, tho, based on memory..didnt it happen whi.le i was off here?

there used to be porn threads n stuff, i forget the posters names. mostly defunct contacts i assume, although who knows. now i know that's a less fun & provocative story but its my thoughts! I think maybe the change was made with the Daybreak agreement when "cleanup" of the good content that attracted horny users was done. lame

starkind
09-16-2021, 05:17 PM
there's still time u know

to derange the forums further

this reply isn't direktly at u (for anyone out there lurking with a heart of gold)

and u shouldn't consider urself deranged ur perfekt