PDA

View Full Version : Mezz or Lull

Malsivius
09-14-2021, 10:53 AM
been playing necro and rogue for too long because now that i'm dinking with bard and enchanter i am very confused (which is easy for having an oklahoma education) on how or which to use concerning Mezz or Lull.

to my ignorant brain, mezz seems better on keeping mobs out of engaging if their buddy is pulled next to them..so why would i use Lull?

thanks in advance

DeathsSilkyMist
09-14-2021, 11:16 AM
been playing necro and rogue for too long because now that i'm dinking with bard and enchanter i am very confused (which is easy for having an oklahoma education) on how or which to use concerning Mezz or Lull.

to my ignorant brain, mezz seems better on keeping mobs out of engaging if their buddy is pulled next to them..so why would i use Lull?

thanks in advance

The downside to the Mesmerize line of spells is it puts you on the hate list. Yes, it has a chance to memblur, but you won't know if it memblured until Mesmerize wears off. On top of that, if you are within agro range when Mesmerize wears off and the mob is KoS to you, they will re-agro you anyway, even if memblur was a success.

This is where the lull line of spells comes in. Lull reduces agro radius, and it doesn't put you on the hate list unless you crit fail. So it is overall a safer method for singling out mobs. Also, if you need to memblur a KoS mob and stay within it's agro radius, you will need to lull the mob first before memblurring to prevent automatic re-agro.

EDIT: Also, because Mesmerize is a spell that puts you on the hate list, I do not believe it will work when breaking a camp with 3+ mobs within agro radius, because the other two mobs will agro you instantly. So you need lull to reduce the agro radius of 2 of the mobs, and pull the third. I guess you could use your AoE Mesmerize on the camp, but that assumes all of them are within the AoE radius.

Toxigen
09-14-2021, 11:57 AM
lull mobs you dont want to pull

mez mobs that are pulled but you dont want attacking you / your homies

bout as simple as i can put it

Seducio
09-14-2021, 03:06 PM
Yes, it has a chance to memblur, but you won't know if it memblured until Mesmerize wears off.

If the mob has less than 100% hit points another way to tell if memblur happened with mesmerize is if its health starts ticking up 5% after casting mesmerize.

This is useful later on for charm breaks and such as an enchanter.

DeathsSilkyMist
09-14-2021, 05:00 PM
If the mob has less than 100% hit points another way to tell if memblur happened with mesmerize is if its health starts ticking up 5% after casting mesmerize.

Ah yeah that is a great idea!

Haxom
09-14-2021, 06:12 PM
lull mobs you dont want to pull

mez mobs that are pulled but you dont want attacking you / your homies

#enchantertips