PDA

View Full Version : New Matrix Movie

Baler
09-10-2021, 05:27 PM
The Matrix Resurrections

gzEGBAG8x5U

Reminder the original The Matrix came out in 1999.
The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
The Matrix Revolutions (2003)

Skarne
09-10-2021, 05:33 PM
It looks terrible

Gatordash
09-10-2021, 05:36 PM
It reminds me of how they just re-did the first star wars for force awakens.

Ooloo
09-10-2021, 05:49 PM
Keanu will probably be trans or something.

Even the two matrix sequels kinda sucked. The first matrix was great, but it didn't need any sequels at all.

Jibartik
09-10-2021, 05:50 PM
I havent watched any of the trailers because I liked being suprised the first time I saw the Matrix.

However from what I can see with the stills, It takes place now in modern times where the movies were actually movies and it turns out the real Keanu actor is actually really Neo in a real matrix after having acted in the first 3 all those years ago.

unsunghero
09-10-2021, 06:07 PM
I still remember how completely confused I was the first time I saw the matrix in theaters

When that machine picked him out of the goop I was so like "WTF IS GOING ON?"

It's interesting how the proposal that we are all existing in a simulation has continued to gain steam as a philosophical and existential hypothesis ever since this movie was made (and other later movies that copied the concept)

Tunabros
09-10-2021, 06:32 PM
looks cringe not gonna lie

baler the type of guy to pre order tickets to watch it

cringe!

Mblake1981
09-10-2021, 07:18 PM
d0ZQyub0FDw

Whale biologist
09-10-2021, 08:12 PM
https://i.imgur.com/lHGXyST.gif

wuanahto
09-10-2021, 08:24 PM
in b4 john wick/nobody are instances of the matrix and every human gets their own personal VR world because technology and stuff smartphones and wonderland

Jibartik
09-10-2021, 08:40 PM
d0ZQyub0FDw

God damn the new matrix looks sick!

GinnasP99
09-10-2021, 08:47 PM
EVM5-_fusjs

Gravydoo II
09-10-2021, 09:03 PM

Even the two matrix sequels kinda sucked. The first matrix was great, but it didn't need any sequels at all.

LOL he will be trans... because every movie is about trans people now, huh?

Obsessed with trans people, much?

Even if he was, would that bother you that much?? A fake character, in a fake story?

The wachowski bros are both trans, I think... You're already watching a "trans" movie..

Jibartik
09-10-2021, 09:06 PM
He's non binary. :o

Mesocyclone
09-10-2021, 09:07 PM
Keanu reveals how be became super woke after Matrix 1 and 2. He can bend the genders of reality.

Whale biologist
09-10-2021, 09:18 PM

Even if he was, would that bother you that much?? A fake character, in a fake story?

The wachowski bros are both trans, I think... You're already watching a "trans" movie..

DM8PtsQl-bU

Nocht
09-10-2021, 09:19 PM
Yeah I'm gonna skip. Matrix trilogy was a timeless masterpiece, not gonna watch another Star Wars scenario play out. Hollywood is done.

Mesocyclone
09-10-2021, 09:20 PM
Well you see mister coach Kline a snake don't have 'parts' but if anything I'd say we are about to eat its knee.

Tethler
09-10-2021, 10:48 PM
in b4 john wick/nobody are instances of the matrix and every human gets their own personal VR world because technology and stuff smartphones and wonderland

Lol, and the majority of people on the planet ended up in a poverty sim. RIP in peace

Jibartik
09-11-2021, 12:02 AM
This is a matrix story I often wonder about:

I like to think this world we live in would be moral if and only if we could all experience everything. What if we were on a space station somewhere. For who knows what reason. There are like 16 of us, and for whatever reason, we're inside a simulated matrix where 16 or so survivors are cloned billions of times to create the simulated earth we are in and think is real.

All of the experiences of a clone is felt by the original 16th member that that person was a clone of. All 500 million of the 16 originals clones that may be alive at any given moment, are quantumly connected so the original experiences everything everyone of them is feeling, in real time.

The genetic variations of the 16 and nurture from their situational lives, create all the different variations of people we think are individuals on the earth today.

In essence, you may literally be elon musk. And also some hot chick sunbathing on a yacht in Ibiza. And also a Afghan boy beaten to a pulp by Isis--and also the Isis that beat him to a pulp.

I like to think that 99.9% of happy marriages are people that managed to find themselves in this simulation.

I also am pretty sure YOU are Donald Trump.

The toxic imbalance between the ultra lucky and the ultra unlucky begins to make sense in this world. You cant hate the rich and powerful, because even if you're burred alive in a slum that collapsed because of cut corners, you're also the rich guy who cut them.

So there is no unfair in that world. It's designed not only to create a simulation of earth to experience life in, it allows the user to experience all lives simultaneously so they can grow as if they were billions of minds made of one.

That's the end of my offtopic matrix story.

But seriously, you ever notice how there are like somewhere around a small number, like 16 or so, different types of people? I sure do.

Ooloo
09-11-2021, 01:09 AM

Trans people don't bother me whatsoever, unless it's a biological male competing against biological females in women's sports. Oh and also biological males being sent to women's prisons because they claim to be trans and then raping the female prisoners, which happened. Yeah, I think that's bad.

As for the matrix movie, I'm talking about hollywood's tendency to offer meaningless, cynical nods to pet social issues in an effort to appear woke. IE: "Let's make an ocean's movie that's ALL WOMEN!!". Or "Let's make ghostbusters but ALL WOMEN" and the movie sucks shit. I don't care if it's all women, just have it be a good movie first.

branamil
09-11-2021, 01:50 AM
Looks like they're gonna just re-hash the same plot points from matrix 1 with Marvel-like quips and CGI for that sweet-sweet distilled nostalgia hit so these old people can get another paycheck.

Horza
09-11-2021, 01:55 AM

The Matrix has always been trans allegory, what did you think the red pill stands for?

Jibartik
09-11-2021, 02:44 AM
voting for rape daddy

Swish
09-11-2021, 02:47 AM
The plot from the trailer seems awful, I hope the trailer was just bad.

Last year I met a girl called Trinity. Her parents named her after the Matrix character. I felt old.

Gravydoo II
09-11-2021, 02:53 AM
Trans people don't bother me whatsoever, unless it's a biological male competing against biological females in women's sports. Oh and also biological males being sent to women's prisons because they claim to be trans and then raping the female prisoners, which happened. Yeah, I think that's bad.

As for the matrix movie, I'm talking about hollywood's tendency to offer meaningless, cynical nods to pet social issues in an effort to appear woke. IE: "Let's make an ocean's movie that's ALL WOMEN!!". Or "Let's make ghostbusters but ALL WOMEN" and the movie sucks shit. I don't care if it's all women, just have it be a good movie first.

Yeah, cause rape doesnt happen in mens prisons, ever. Especially doesnt happen to men who claim to be women, as you say, then get sent to prison. It just happens at a rate of like 10000X more than that has ever happened. A rapes a rape, nobody should get raped, but you're just crying about a stat because its convenient to your argument while ignoring the HUGE amount of the exact same thing in mens prisons.

Gee, if its such a huge issue, where are all these athletes crushing women and taking their jobs?

Yeah, you cant name one. Its a fake issue you were told to be outraged about.

Bardp1999
09-11-2021, 03:05 AM
Certainly seems a different 'style' than the other Matrix movies... I love Matrix so will 100% see it, but the trailer has me worried.

Jibartik
09-11-2021, 03:54 AM
Any of you watch the new bill and ted? I wonder if it will be that bad.

GinnasP99
09-11-2021, 05:42 AM
Its a fake issue you were told to be outraged about.

Just like cov........ nevermind

mcoy
09-11-2021, 07:13 AM
I mean I'm definitely going to watch it. In theaters? Assuredly not. Will just wait for it to hit one of the streaming services I subscribe to.

-Mcoy

starkind
09-11-2021, 08:33 AM
Tldr itt everyone feels obligated to watch the matrix.

Anyway. I enjoyed the first three. Jews in the center of the earth riding in mechs to save themselves from mechs. In, I think, the third one? Was a really great narrative.

If anything the messaging in the trailer is transphobic as Neo flips out and pours all his blue pills down the drain rejecting the stupid narrative his safe space shrink has constructed.

I believe all of you have a lot to learn from that. The jews in the center of the earth one will always be my favorite for that kid who was rejected by the chief making his last stand over his chiefs fallen mechbody.

Tldrtldr: sorry all of your comprehension is low. Try focusing on mindfulness and bring the narrative away from your own petty anxieties and ego.

Oh ya. I meant to say I'm super lazy I will probably watch it when it hits the dvd bargain bin. In a few years. Depending on how virulent the marketing is. Baler is helping a lot to make it an impulse buy on a streaming service.

Mblake1981
09-11-2021, 08:36 AM
If anything the messaging in the trailer is transphobic as Neo flips out and pours all his blue pills down the drain rejecting the stupid narrative his safe space shrink has constructed.

howling :D

Baler
09-11-2021, 03:02 PM
What if neo saved humanity just for humanity to get sucked back into electronic devices and begin it's path back into the matrix?

BOOM

Nocht
09-11-2021, 03:46 PM

Hardly obligated at all. Its the new formula Hollywood has been pushing ever since The Force Awakens. The trailer reminded me of the new Ghostbusters movie coming out because they are doing the exact same thing. Its all similar shots and color palettes as the original and reusing ideas that were already done in the originals.

Gonna be a hard pass on this.

starkind
09-11-2021, 03:49 PM
Hardly obligated at all. Its the new formula Hollywood has been pushing ever since The Force Awakens. The trailer reminded me of the new Ghostbusters movie coming out because they are doing the exact same thing. Its all similar shots and color palettes as the original and reusing ideas that were already done in the originals.

Gonna be a hard pass on this.

I'm proud of u.

I'll be sure to post an in depth analysis of it if I ever even see it. You don't have to read that either. BTW I enjoy ur avatar it is quite flagrantly silly. Arrrrr!

Mesocyclone
09-11-2021, 03:57 PM
One way or another, Neo, this war is going to end.

Tunabros
09-11-2021, 04:41 PM
EVM5-_fusjs

this scene blew my mind away as a kid

Mblake1981
09-11-2021, 07:21 PM
HmKc3T8ylls

Jibartik
09-11-2021, 07:29 PM
this scene blew my mind away as a kid

Sometimes I wonder if the entire multiverse trend in the real world of physics is all because people's minds were blown when they saw this scene.

I also wonder if alice and wonderland had the same effect the matrix had on us as it did on people back then.

Gravydoo II
09-11-2021, 09:05 PM

Anyway. I enjoyed the first three. Jews in the center of the earth riding in mechs to save themselves from mechs. In, I think, the third one? Was a really great narrative.

Can we talk about this..?? You saw "jews" in that battle..? With the octopus machines?
Those are "jews" ?? The people of the 9th zion or whatever..? The people at the rave underground? Jews?

i mean, imagining ultra-orthodox jews fighting in the black, fur hat, etc. That does make me laugh, at alot. Come on man you gotta go more into it.

So he was being uploaded the torah and shit and the other jews were like "omg, hes reading it so fast.. hes like a machine.."

Please go on. Like, I need this.

starkind
09-11-2021, 10:13 PM
HmKc3T8ylls
Very augmented. Rly fun movies lol.
Can we talk about this..?? You saw "jews" in that battle..? With the octopus machines?
Those are "jews" ?? The people of the 9th zion or whatever..? The people at the rave underground? Jews?

i mean, imagining ultra-orthodox jews fighting in the black, fur hat, etc. That does make me laugh, at alot. Come on man you gotta go more into it.

So he was being uploaded the torah and shit and the other jews were like "omg, hes reading it so fast.. hes like a machine.."

Omg. There's too much to parse here just late at night on my cellphone.

However for starters, Zion is the promised land. Everyone is always calling Neo Jesus Christ in the first movies. He's the chosen one. The machines are conveniently allowing the free humans to congregate in Zion for easy genocide. The people must be barefoot in the temple. Morpheous is Moses. The ship has plating that says mark III, and 11 (Mark 3:11). Trinity isn't an accidental name. No one running Zion believes in Neo.

I'm sure there's tons more, however the allegory is super blatant and I personally don't mind it.

Only a meshuga could miss it.

Tunabros
09-11-2021, 10:39 PM

drugs

starkind
09-11-2021, 11:20 PM
So like the machine city 01 is in Mesopotamia and they applied to the U.N. and got nuked instead. So when Neo the chosen one is going to 01 Zion is simultaneously defending itself.

The Architect is like God and created Neo for a purpose. So Neo is like part Architect or like the architects son.

Neo is the 6th version after 600 years and 6 previous matrixes.

I'm totally not a nerd. There's a lot more biblical references and stuff. It's late tho and I'm tired and the illuminati are like boring and make googling unfun.

Seriously tho. Imagine them all with beards and hats. It's the way it was meant to be seen. Then you'll see it.

Grab a notebook and frame by frame it next time you watch, I'll be curious to see what you discover.

Nocht
09-11-2021, 11:48 PM
drugs

No drugs. Only mental illness.

starkind
09-12-2021, 01:13 AM
https://i.imgur.com/6RAUjVG.png

Ooloo
09-12-2021, 01:38 AM
Yeah, cause rape doesnt happen in mens prisons, ever. Especially doesnt happen to men who claim to be women, as you say, then get sent to prison. It just happens at a rate of like 10000X more than that has ever happened. A rapes a rape, nobody should get raped, but you're just crying about a stat because its convenient to your argument while ignoring the HUGE amount of the exact same thing in mens prisons.

Gee, if its such a huge issue, where are all these athletes crushing women and taking their jobs?

Yeah, you cant name one. Its a fake issue you were told to be outraged about.

A highschool girls' track team literally sued over this issue. Also, men raping women is worse than men raping other men. Both are bad, one is worse, because of the physical power disparity. Also, women don't make the decision to commit crime expecting to possibly be locked up with men until very recently. If it's the other way around, and biological women are sent to a men's prison because they identify as male, they will be mauled. And you know that.

You can't see a difference? Claiming that I said "rapes don't happen in men's prisons" is a total strawman. Of course they do, it's just worse if it's a man raping a woman in a woman's prison. You might as well just argue for co-ed prisons, but for some reason you aren't. Odd.

bubur
09-12-2021, 09:00 AM
movie looks fun and cool, thx

Cecily
09-12-2021, 09:14 AM
We had a dot matrix printer at my first job. Printed out a bunch of credit card numbers at the end of the shift. Midnight to dawn after midnight to dawn, I'd sit looking out of my kiosk in the middle of the fuel pumps wondering if there was more to life than this.

starkind
09-12-2021, 10:52 AM
I wonder if this new matrix will turn out to be all cheery and optimistic. Uplifting.

I could accept that.

hobart
09-12-2021, 10:22 PM
I can't imagine living in a world where third-trimester abortions, trans people competing in sports, and Antifa attacks are such regular occurances. Are unicorns real in crazy town too? Maybe Trumptards are all posting from inside of some woke illiberal Matrix-like nightmare?

Also movie looks like garbage. The matrix was the first movie to make special effects not feel so "special" for me. I predict falling asleep during this on HBO max three times before I give up like I did with John Wick 3.

starkind
09-12-2021, 10:27 PM
I can't imagine living in a world where third-trimester abortions, trans people competing in sports, and Antifa attacks are such regular occurances. Are unicorns real in crazy town too? Maybe Trumptards are all posting from inside of some woke illiberal Matrix-like nightmare?

Also movie looks like garbage. The matrix was the first movie to make special effects not feel so "special" for me. I predict falling asleep during this on HBO max three times before I give up like I did with John Wick 3.

Well. IF that's like your opinion man.

Thanks for sharing it. The action genre was cooler before I transitioned. I fall asleep during like the extended action sequences now. As soon as everything on the screen starts just moving super fast and gets all blurry and glowy and it's all loud. It's naptime. I feel u.

Baler
09-20-2021, 01:43 AM
https://i.imgur.com/p6z3nuS.jpg

imperiouskitten
09-20-2021, 01:57 AM
xFM1jhp5gZM

starkind
09-20-2021, 10:55 AM
https://i.imgur.com/UM7cvdO.gif