PDA

View Full Version : Getting into HS solo

Bardp1999
09-08-2021, 11:50 PM
So it's been years since I have hunted in HS. I can't remember exactly how I would zone in as a necromancer. It's either Harmshield and zone in or zone in and then Harmshield.

I guess my basic question is does Harmshield fall off on zoning or is it safe to pop it then zone in? I don't want to zone into a loading.... screen if I can avoid it.

I know double invis is the best way but its not always an option on Green

Tunabros
09-08-2021, 11:55 PM
go in. you'll be attacked immediately. Fd asap.

If your lucky, there will be someone clearing the area when u zone in

But to be honest, i avoid this zone unless you have a cleric/enchanter parked nearby

the entire zone is infested with harm touchers and one crit resist, your dead

plus there's the whole keys thing!

My advice is to zone in, run down to basement, FD

good luck

Bardp1999
09-09-2021, 01:19 AM
go in. you'll be attacked immediately. Fd asap.

If your lucky, there will be someone clearing the area when u zone in

But to be honest, i avoid this zone unless you have a cleric/enchanter parked nearby

the entire zone is infested with harm touchers and one crit resist, your dead

plus there's the whole keys thing!

My advice is to zone in, run down to basement, FD

good luck

This is the worst possible advise available - zoning in un-invis and trying to FD would work like 0/100 times. And yes the harm touch is a turd in the punch bowl but thats why you charm (necros can also self rez)

Tunabros
09-09-2021, 01:20 AM
This is the worst possible advise available - zoning in un-invis and trying to FD would work like 0/100 times

worked for me on blue like right now

pretty sure going into HS with invis vs undead is like second nature, no need to mention

it

Bardp1999
09-09-2021, 01:25 AM
There is unfortunately just as much living as undead at the zone in (or can be). I always Harmshielded but i cant remember exactly when I did it.

99% sure its harmshield, then zone in, then tear ass to basement as shield falling and FD... But it also seems like there was a patch that stips buffs on zone in now (not just sub 20% life - maybe same patch but i think it may strip harmsheild now also)

I'll run some test tomorrow

Tunabros
09-09-2021, 01:32 AM
maybe not sure but when invulnerable you can't cast spells

Vivitron
09-09-2021, 01:35 AM
It's harmshield, then zone. On my enchanter I rune then IVU so I at least won't take a double harm touch, but if the key click doesn't go smooth you can end up taking a baby ht from the mob on the portal and go in with no ivu.

Izmael
09-09-2021, 04:09 AM
If you can double invis, do that.

If you cannot, DMF, Rune / HP buff, Harmshield, zone in, mash FD and hope for the best, if you get unlucky and die you can at least res yourself easily.

If you're heading to the basement, instead of mashing FD, just float down to the safe ledge asap, click harmshield off and FD there (you better not fail this FD kekeke).

Kawhi
09-10-2021, 11:31 PM
You should be able to harmshield and zone in, unless it was a recent change.

You can click off the harmshield and FD. I usually wait for the mobs that are hitting me to use their bash and then I click off the harmshield and FD.

Philistine
09-11-2021, 01:35 AM
I'm a fan of buff up, IVU, and zone in ready to FD. I figure I can survive 2 living mobs hitting me or 1 living + 1 undead, but I struggle to survive 2 harm touches.

tranceminus
09-11-2021, 01:28 PM
I never had trouble just doing IVU and zoning in. If something aggroes you, FD, then form a strategy. The two mobs at the zone in usually aren't gonna be able to instagib you.

Toxigen
09-14-2021, 07:49 AM
Yeah I haven't had an issue yet. 55 necro been there since 53 or so.

Manaskin, DMF, IVU, zone.

If double undead, hooray.

If its live mob + undead I usually just try to get out of los / aggro range of the undead at the cost of eating some live mob hits. Root the live mob, charm the undead, clear the HT. Worst case you eat the HT have to flop for a bit and figure out strategy...but at least if you immediately move towards the outside square (anywhere but east) before you flop you'll be able to plan the best time to stand back up.

If double live who cares they don't harmtouch.

DeathsSilkyMist
09-14-2021, 10:56 AM
The assumption you always need to make is you will get double Harm Touched. That is the worst case scenario for zoning in, as you will get nuked for around 900 damage, and then start getting hit for hundreds.

As an SK I just run in and FD if I get agro. I have yet to die from just the two mobs at the entrance. You could theoretically get really unlucky and zone into someone somehow training mobs, but I have never seen that happen.

However, as an SK I have the HP to take two Harm Touches without issue, and I have Blood Ember Greaves in case the initial FD fails. I imagine a Necro has more problems with taking two Harm Touches before attempting FD, and FD fails are a bigger problem. Harmshield before zone-in would be the safest bet. You would be able to burn both Harm Touches on the Harmshield, then FD as soon as it wears off for minimal HP loss. At that point you would certainly have enough HP to withstand some hits if the initial FD fails.

EDIT: I think Harmshield before zone in depends on how fast your load times are. Pretty sure buffs tick through loading screen, so if you are a slow loader it may not work. I would do some tests with Harmshield and zoning before going to HS.

Toxigen
09-15-2021, 05:34 PM
The assumption you always need to make is you will get double Harm Touched.

wrong - ivu makes this impossible

worst case is a single harm touch

DeathsSilkyMist
09-15-2021, 05:45 PM
wrong - ivu makes this impossible

worst case is a single harm touch

Wrong, you can have a live mob chilling there besides the two mobs that spawn there:) You could spawn in when someone failed at killing entrance golems, or they have a entrance golem rooted near spawn in, etc.

jadier
09-15-2021, 09:53 PM
So it's been years since I have hunted in HS. I can't remember exactly how I would zone in as a necromancer. It's either Harmshield and zone in or zone in and then Harmshield.

I guess my basic question is does Harmshield fall off on zoning or is it safe to pop it then zone in? I don't want to zone into a loading.... screen if I can avoid it.

I know double invis is the best way but its not always an option on Green

Harmshield holds during zone in. It’s the safest way in. IVU or rapid feign work well, but Harmshield is fool proof.

Just have DMF up, harmshield, zone in, get the lay of the land, then click off snd feign there or run off north, click off, and feign when you hit the north wall.

Tunabros
09-15-2021, 10:06 PM
howling stones is such a fucked zone

farming DS is so cringe too

Toxigen
09-17-2021, 12:36 PM
Wrong, you can have a live mob chilling there besides the two mobs that spawn there:) You could spawn in when someone failed at killing entrance golems, or they have a entrance golem rooted near spawn in, etc.

ill take things that never happen for $500, alex

99.9% of the time its exactly as I described (on blue)

if busy on green then its just greater odds of an even easier situation

inb4 you argue purely for the sake of arguing with insane hypotheticals

jadier
09-17-2021, 12:44 PM

True story: I was killing at ent and had my hexbone + two golems when charm broke before I’d rooted anything. No problem, I feign.

The literal moment I feign, two people zoned in right into my three mobs. Insta-gibbed.

I also had a goo get gfluxed or something out of basement once, and they pathed back with Drusella in tow. So worst case can get pretty bad!

But seriously, there’s no reason for a necro to not just harmshield zone in and feign at their leisure. Other strategies are for other classes.

DeathsSilkyMist
09-17-2021, 12:47 PM

So angry lol. If you want to be safe, assume the worst. If you don't care, just run in and get ready to FD, you should be fine:) I never claimed these situations were common, but I have seen stuff like this happen before. Unless you have a friend in zone, you just never know what could be going on at spawn in. Corpse recovery can be a pain in HS, so why not be a little more cautious?

But seriously, there’s no reason for a necro to not just harmshield zone in and feign at their leisure. Other strategies are for other classes.

Agreed.

Endorra
09-17-2021, 01:04 PM
Worst case scenario some jerk necro has the entire zone aggroed on him with harmshield right at the entrance and you zone in to dozens of furious 50+ monsters, taking like 34 harmtouches and right after you die someone wakes the sleeper and you were bound right outside ST so now Kerafyrm has you in a death loop while your body rots away across the planet and that necro takes your camp.

DeathsSilkyMist
09-17-2021, 01:24 PM
Worst case scenario some jerk necro has the entire zone aggroed on him with harmshield right at the entrance and you zone in to dozens of furious 50+ monsters, taking like 34 harmtouches and right after you die someone wakes the sleeper and you were bound right outside ST so now Kerafyrm has you in a death loop while your body rots away across the planet and that necro takes your camp.

Sleeper wouldn't camp your corpse, he would move on. I remember when they woke the sleeper on live on Karana. There was a global message and he went around the different zones murdering everyone. I think I was murdered in East Commonlands near the freeport zone line if memory serves.