PDA

View Full Version : Will be seeing less of me

unsunghero
09-08-2021, 11:56 AM
Since hearing about the upcoming change to CHA I have lost quite a lot of interest in P99 unfortunately and it has nothing to do with charming or playing an enchanter

I picked this server and game because of a perception of stability. The main reason I wasn’t interested in live or TLP was the the “sameness” of a time locked setting and ruleset appealed to me greatly

The reality now that the devs can and will make changes to game mechanics on a whim has removed that perception of stability. For example, regardless of how you felt about how appropriate or fair the sudden mage pet nerfs were, my perception of sudden nerfs to game mechanics like this was entirely negative, and I don’t play nor have any interest to play a mage

Just wanted to mention that as I lose interest in the game so will my interest in the forum unfortunately. I will still be around but the post count is going way down, so this isn’t a goodbye just an explanation

starkind
09-08-2021, 11:59 AM
Haynar was a p99 dev. Chill. Also you can't play this game forever you will one day move on to lush fields and cool bright skies.

unsunghero
09-08-2021, 12:00 PM
Haynar was a p99 dev. Chill. Also you can't play this game forever you will one day move on to lush fields and cool bright skies.

It’s the action not the person I have an issue with

starkind
09-08-2021, 12:23 PM
Cha nerf a good call in my book.

Jibartik
09-08-2021, 12:43 PM
Hey OP when the sky darkens come back I'll have posted the GPS location of our shelter. It will be in Colorado FYI if the grid goes down, that's all I can say for now but if you google hard enough you'll know where sanctuary will be!

God speed, see you in a few years!

Apophis impact via planet 9's unforseen gravity influence 2029!

pink grapefruit
09-08-2021, 12:44 PM
what's the cha change?

Jibartik
09-08-2021, 12:47 PM
Enchanters itemize like this now because of our authoritarian overloards:

https://i.imgur.com/c0f8uaN.png

starkind
09-08-2021, 12:49 PM
what's the cha change?

It make charm last an average of 30 seconds on mobs 1-2 levels below the caster.

Like it should.

starkind
09-08-2021, 12:49 PM
Enchanters itemize like this now because of our authoritarian overloards:

https://i.imgur.com/c0f8uaN.png

Lol

Izmael
09-08-2021, 12:50 PM
It's a little weird that we learn about a fundamental upcoming change to P99 from the TAKP forum.

It's almost like... the P99 users don't matter very much.

pink grapefruit
09-08-2021, 12:52 PM
It make charm last an average of 30 seconds on mobs 1-2 levels below the caster.

Like it should.

ohhh huh.

i never played an ench on live so idk what their charm was like. as a bard tho that's what u enchanters get :D

Jibartik
09-08-2021, 12:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/JYblXap.png

pink grapefruit
09-08-2021, 12:57 PM
I do remember cha basically being useless for everything but lull resists as a live bard.

This is probably closer to real classic.

Jibartik
09-08-2021, 01:00 PM
probably closer to classic

This horse de wormer will probably cure covid.

pink grapefruit
09-08-2021, 01:12 PM
This horse de wormer will probably cure covid.

pls no more rl politics, jib. you're a good guy but i'm so tired of the constant fighting between everyone always.

If your point is that I don't have proof of it being classic and should therefore not make assumptions about what is classic... I trust the devs. They seem to require a lot of evidence of something being classic before implementing it.

And I do remember the bards over at the concert hall forums doing extensive research into both cha and dex to determine their worth for us bards. I'm sure the enchanters did too. The data must exist.

Danth
09-08-2021, 01:23 PM
The reality now that the devs can and will make changes to game mechanics on a whim

It isn't just now--it has been the case since day 1. Changes aren't made on a schedule but rather as the developers have the time and know-how to do so. I've been here a long time. I was here for years before things like invis pulling, sneak blurring, or buff timers were taken out.

If you're going to take a break, my advice is this: Don't delete your characters, don't give your stuff away, save it for when you get the EQ itch again. P99's largest advantage is that it's always here, always in the same era, and you can come back after a year or two away and your character is just as good as it was when you parked it.

Danth

Jibartik
09-08-2021, 01:26 PM
pls no more rl politics, jib. you're a good guy but i'm so tired of the constant fighting between everyone always.

Its not politics, in comedy, it's called a "call back"

Whale biologist
09-08-2021, 01:43 PM
You have been Haynar'd!

LOADING PLEASE WAIT...

Tunabros
09-08-2021, 01:47 PM
ok

enchanters are already OP as shit anyways

pink grapefruit
09-08-2021, 01:50 PM
ok

enchanters are already OP as shit anyways

the wise druid has zero fucks to give about charisma.

Why are people freaking out so hard about this? We don't even know how the changes will actually play out in game. It's hard to imagine that enchanter charm would be made less viable than druid charm, and we know that druids rely much less on cha than enchanters (maybe not at all?).

nilbog
09-08-2021, 01:54 PM
The reality now that the devs can and will make changes to game mechanics on a whim has removed that perception of stability.

Development has not stopped since the server first opened.

'On a whim' is an unfair description of what modifying anything about charm would entail. Actually, the overwhelming majority of code changes are not simple. That is why game mechanics receive fewer modifications, and less often.

There are still open bug reports dating back 10 years of unresolved issues because specific, necessary details haven't been found in research or testing. Does that mean they won't ever change? Nope.

It's a little weird that we learn about a fundamental upcoming change to P99 from the TAKP forum.

It's almost like... the P99 users don't matter very much.

This hasn't changed though. From what it looks like, it should.

Since I've already typed some paragraphs, I will elaborate.

When there is a game mechanics issue, there are processes that need to be done prior to changing anything whatsoever. How does it currently function? How should it function? Is there evidence how it should function?

At this point, someone needs to sign up to code for hours or days to achieve the goal. They construct a rough idea of interpolation of desired effects based on existing data. Testing, testing, testing. Do the test results align with the goal? Refine, retest, retest, etc. Do the results of the change(s) adhere to the original goal?

If yes, respond to an existing bug thread and/or post a patch note. If no, scrap the idea, no one knows anything even happened, and the aforementioned perception of stability remains intact.

Here are some details outlined by Torven in an eqemulator thread if anyone cares:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43370

Horza
09-08-2021, 01:57 PM
It's about time they got around to fixing Enchanters.

pink grapefruit
09-08-2021, 01:59 PM

'On a whim' is an unfair description of what modifying anything about charm would entail. Actually, the overwhelming majority of code changes are not simple. That is why game mechanics receive fewer modifications, and less often.

There are still open bug reports dating back 10 years of unresolved issues because specific, necessary details haven't been found in research or testing. Does that mean they won't ever change? Nope.

When there is a game mechanics issue, there are processes that need to be done prior to changing anything whatsoever. How does it currently function? How should it function? Is there evidence how it should function?

At this point, someone needs to sign up to code for hours or days to achieve the goal. They construct a rough idea of interpolation of desired effects based on existing data. Testing, testing, testing. Do the test results align with the goal? Refine, retest, retest, etc. Do the results of the change(s) adhere to the original goal?

If yes, respond to an existing bug thread and/or post a patch note. If no, scrap the idea, no one knows anything even happened, and the aforementioned perception of stability remains intact.

Here are some details outlined by Torven in an eqemulator thread if anyone cares:

your hard work is appreciated, nilbog <3

Tunabros
09-08-2021, 02:13 PM
the wise druid has zero fucks to give about charisma.

Why are people freaking out so hard about this? We don't even know how the changes will actually play out in game. It's hard to imagine that enchanter charm would be made less viable than druid charm, and we know that druids rely much less on cha than enchanters (maybe not at all?).

charisma has nothing to do with druid charm.

They can charm only animals while enchanters can charm pretty much anything

reasonable.

Gravydoo II
09-08-2021, 02:35 PM
UO outlands?

Whale biologist
09-08-2021, 02:39 PM
your hard work is appreciated, nilbog <3

Gustoo
09-08-2021, 03:35 PM
A post from Nilbog, the creator! Hail the creator!

Seriously though thanks for the hard work. We really appreciate your posts letting us know that we aren't just yelling at the clouds like we do in the real world.

loramin
09-08-2021, 03:51 PM

Thank you for taking the time to respond BDFL Nilbog!

Trexller
09-08-2021, 04:14 PM
its almost unprecedented that the dev team directly engages the community about their work on the server.

very cool, thx for the update Nilbog. I hope that in the future we could have a more open/direct dialogue between players and staff, without it devolving into rants and flames about changes. that can stay in RnF!

Mblake1981
09-08-2021, 04:26 PM
its almost unprecedented that the dev team directly engages the community about their work on the server.

Stole OPs thunder. Imagine making a drama queen thread like this to have a guy step in and tell you its a regular days work.

Hope this helps.

Nexii
09-08-2021, 04:32 PM
Buffs and nerfs are classic

mycoolrausch
09-08-2021, 04:46 PM
Please nerf Sont

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9opZFThy95w

Live version looks weak.

Ooloo
09-08-2021, 04:52 PM
Please nerf Sont

Live version looks weak.

Omg is that a genuine video of classic? I played on Povar, I remember both triton and rising ascension. The UI looks classic.

EDIT: Damn, it is. Actual footage of EQ from 2001. Framerate is even decent.

unsunghero
09-08-2021, 10:57 PM
Buffs and nerfs are classic

Yea same as modern MMO’s. I have a co-worker playing FF14 who says I can play that F2P for a while with him

If I’m going to be accepting balancing buffs/nerfs (let’s be real there’s zero chance this going to be a buff to charming) then I’ll just play a modern MMO with an actual endgame like instanced raiding. I picked a museum piece for the museum aspect

If FF14 isn’t a P2W shithole like WoW classic became then I’d even be down to pay, just like I was down to donate to P99 a few times

Mblake1981
09-08-2021, 11:06 PM
Please nerf Sont

Live version looks weak.

Omg is that a genuine video of classic? I played on Povar, I remember both triton and rising ascension. The UI looks classic.

EDIT: Damn, it is. Actual footage of EQ from 2001. Framerate is even decent.

the vibes.

unsunghero
09-08-2021, 11:10 PM

I appreciate the explanation and good work on P99

I personally just don’t deal well with change, that’s not why I picked this server

It’s a me issue, not a you issue. Best of luck on P99

Bardp1999
09-09-2021, 12:06 AM
This is a great day for necromancers everywhere

Buellen
09-09-2021, 02:47 AM
That is a whole lot of data.

Thank you Nilbog for the explanation

Looking forward to the changes.

SantagarBrax
09-09-2021, 03:13 AM

.....so........can we get luclin please?

imsorryGMs
09-09-2021, 03:59 AM
.....so........can we get luclin please?

Amen

Detoxx
09-09-2021, 04:11 AM
Still amazing to me that P99 uses Takp as a baseline for what was classic on a server that was built with an entirely different code for Mac.

The coding was so bad for the live version of takp they couldn't even figure out how to implement a mouse wheel and Quarm literally never died because it was so broken and they couldn't, or didn't want to, fix it.

Yet here we are getting changes from their old logs that are not even close to classic. Pretty sad the little amount of work the devs here do now and just rely on a server that literally had nothing in common we with classic servers.

imperiouskitten
09-09-2021, 04:26 AM
Still amazing to me that P99 uses Takp as a baseline for what was classic on a server that was built with an entirely different code for Mac.

The coding was so bad for the live version of takp they couldn't even figure out how to implement a mouse wheel and Quarm literally

lmao i deleted where i stopped reading with cringe.

miss you OP. come often!

Tethler
09-09-2021, 04:29 AM
Pretty sad the little amount of work the devs here do now

Yeah man, totally. Green server appeared out of thin air and all the time-gated quests and item drops were adjusted by an autonomous AI.

What an asshat thing to say to the people that make this place possible.

Dolalin
09-09-2021, 04:32 AM

The coding was so bad for the live version of takp they couldn't even figure out how to implement a mouse wheel and Quarm literally never died because it was so broken and they couldn't, or didn't want to, fix it.

Yet here we are getting changes from their old logs that are not even close to classic. Pretty sad the little amount of work the devs here do now and just rely on a server that literally had nothing in common we with classic servers.

The research Torven did relies on parses and research taken on Live in 2003, not just on Mac server. There just wasn't much real parsing done before PoP era, I struggled to find any at all before Luclin. The tools and methods just weren't widely available and/or employed.

I agree with Torven as it happens. If you have hard data, you need to rely on hard data. Dev comments were so often wrong it isn't funny :D Their code was a mess. Listen to this interview with Scott Hartsman where alovingrobot talks about bringing in a new hire systems designer, and from nowhere / experience in the game, he schools a Live dev about how his code actually works on his first day:

https://youtu.be/h3sSjPJ7Xf4?t=5027

Naonak
09-09-2021, 07:06 AM
I find these proposed p99 a real laughing joke most of the time. Yet, for some strange reason, against all classic proof or imagined proof. They are implemented.

I know the Verant/989/Sony coding is long lost and forgotten. More than likely hidden away in someone basement.

I truly believe, the original enchanter developers envisioned enchanter to be running around with maxed 255Cha. Just like raiders requiring 255MR and other resists.

Did the developers know or care if enchanters would be great solo'ers? Only the original developers would know for a fact. Enchanters are playing within the desired game mechanics, if you ask lots of p99er's.

How about this classic change, that to this day, still hasn't been introduced to p99.

Removal of the boat system in place for the instant translator system Sony introduced, that are still use on LIVE today 22 years later.

I bet, no one envisioned Live to be still going 22 years later or that there would be multiple emulator servers/p99 that are classic custom servers.

starkind
09-09-2021, 08:58 AM
u guys who don't really contribute should be greatful for the opportunity to play on a more classic server run by people who truly believe and probably have some real evidence and at least require some evidence beyond 'oh enchanters were just so badass'

ironically enchanters can solo without charm just fine, they are still a bad ass class - and charm is still plenty usable for farming mobs 4 levels below them instead of 2 levels below them, and it's still usable for 2 levels below them they just need to pay attention and be a good enchanter instead of what passes for an enchanter on p99 lol

sit down and relax

Mblake1981
09-09-2021, 09:25 AM
Watching Lowlo's videos this morning, all seem to be in the Velious era.

BaCUoRtDKWc

ig7k_-2B8l8

o1DIRjtb5ho

X4SQtViIp00

Twochain
09-09-2021, 11:21 AM

You don't have to explain yourself.

The reality is, it's not just this project that has scores of ungrateful people. IT'S GAMERS. Being in video game production is just about one of the most thankless industries out there. People have been absolutely crying about how valve is killing counter-strike with indifference/incompetence for........ drum roll please.... 15 fucking years. 15 YEARS. And I mean long winded, frequent posts by a big part of the community. On every board. And then you have games like League of Legends and Dota, where everyone claims to hate the game and play it constantly. Basically, you can't win there. I worked with a gaming company that was trying to release new hardware... and the feedback was... just insane. People will always be bitching up a storm. Please do not take it personally, as most of us are extremely grateful for the time you and the other developers put in here.

On another note, Enchanter on p99 is by far the most fun, enticing, and challenging class i've played in any MMO ever. Pretty much the only time I play this game outside of raids anymore is just doing crazy things with my enchanter. Please keep that in mind and don't mega nerf encs :)

Naethyn
09-09-2021, 11:26 AM
If this project was originally planned to go to Luclin, I wonder if P99 would have "lost" one of its most active developers for a server that did.

Mblake1981
09-09-2021, 11:35 AM
The reality is, it's not just this project that has scores of ungrateful people. IT'S GAMERS. Being in video game production is just about one of the most thankless industries out there. People have been absolutely crying about how valve is killing counter-strike with indifference/incompetence for........ drum roll please.... 15 fucking years. 15 YEARS. And I mean long winded, frequent posts by a big part of the community. On every board. And then you have games like League of Legends and Dota, where everyone claims to hate the game and play it constantly. Basically, you can't win there.

And we wouldn't have it any other way.

Frank: "Fuck P99, I hate this damn game"
Bill: "Yeah, this shit sucks!"
Rabble: *Rabble Rabble Rabble P99 Is Bad!*

Mike: Hey don't you guys love P99?

Frank: "Yeah dude, best emulator for my favorite game."
Bill: "Yeah, love it."
Rabble: "Rabble Rabble Rabble Its The Best!"

Edit: i probably wont find much satisfaction in a game that doesn't provoke this behavior out of the players. After twenty years i finally got a clue.

Jibartik
09-09-2021, 11:36 AM

The reason is because usually when people try to make free emulated servers and they discover the users are dipshits like you say retarded things like this they just chose to ban everyone and lock the project like EQ classic.

pink grapefruit
09-09-2021, 11:43 AM
Nothing more classic than nerds bein’ mad xD

Jibartik
09-09-2021, 11:46 AM
P99 was created as a, we want it now, solution to EQclassic.

EQ classic is still locked and under development like 10+ years later.

Detoxx is suggesting locking p99 until eq classic comes out, but that's a little unfair because he's been playing here for 8 years.

Smh if we're talking sad. :o

Mblake1981
09-09-2021, 11:47 AM
Nothing more classic than nerds bein’ mad xD

Delekhan
09-09-2021, 12:14 PM
The Enchanter implementation in P99 is one of those examples where I prefer the P99 rendition over classic live. Not classic, but I like it better the way it's done here because classic enchanters just did CC and buffs for the most part, which was fine when severs were heavily populated and grouping was commonplace. That said, the goal is to re-create the live experience so a nerf is inevitable. Sorry Enchanters...

khaybrother86
09-09-2021, 12:16 PM
It seems to me that charm isn't broken on P99 but the RNG is. It would be sad to see changes made to charm that still leave us with 3 breaks on 30 seconds. Other examples of busted RNG is getting 3-4 fizzles in a row at 60 with max skill and/or 255 sex in the case of bards. Or say getting feared multiple times at over 255MR on Kunark dragons.

I charmed a fair amount on live when leveling. While super long charms were a bit more rare than they are on P99, i rarely had issues were a pet would break 3 times in under a minute like I do here. Also charm often fades on the same tick as mez or root which I don't remember being such a problem on live.

Jibartik
09-09-2021, 12:18 PM
Im just glad this change is going in so we can balance enchanters by making them more powerful because they dont have to stack that useless CHA sta.

Tunabros
09-09-2021, 01:37 PM
TBH most people will probably wouldn't notice a single change when charming

maybe in using pacify or calm though

Jibartik
09-09-2021, 02:02 PM
maybe in using pacify or calm though

Big part of enchanting.

2 sets of gear now I wager.

Tunabros
09-09-2021, 02:05 PM
Big part of enchanting.

2 sets of gear now I wager.

yeah haha I don't really notice changes with charisma in charmin though

I did a few (inaccurate but close enough) tests and stripped my enchanter naked

I charmed a few mobs and didn't really have any noticeable changes

But for pacify and calm, it did show a bit. I was getting a lot of minor resists. And more

crit resists than usual. But I don't know. I don't have any data for this :D

Jimjam
09-09-2021, 02:24 PM

Maybe true EqMac was far from classic, but it is still comparatively closer than a dev just pulling a guess out of their bum or referencing current live.

ie it’s the best source when no better sources are available. I’m fine with that.

Tunabros
09-09-2021, 02:38 PM
everquest is everquest :)

Smoofers
09-09-2021, 03:26 PM
see ya

Swish
09-09-2021, 05:05 PM
Since hearing about the upcoming change to CHA I have lost quite a lot of interest in P99 unfortunately and it has nothing to do with charming or playing an enchanter

I picked this server and game because of a perception of stability. The main reason I wasn’t interested in live or TLP was the the “sameness” of a time locked setting and ruleset appealed to me greatly

The reality now that the devs can and will make changes to game mechanics on a whim has removed that perception of stability. For example, regardless of how you felt about how appropriate or fair the sudden mage pet nerfs were, my perception of sudden nerfs to game mechanics like this was entirely negative, and I don’t play nor have any interest to play a mage

Just wanted to mention that as I lose interest in the game so will my interest in the forum unfortunately. I will still be around but the post count is going way down, so this isn’t a goodbye just an explanation

See you in a few weeks.

Swish
09-09-2021, 05:06 PM
https://i.imgur.com/iIlFP4m.gif

I'd expect nothing less though.

Whale biologist
09-09-2021, 06:05 PM
Maybe true EqMac was far from classic, but it is still comparatively closer than a dev just pulling a guess out of their bum or referencing current live.

ie it’s the best source when no better sources are available. I’m fine with that.

If I remember right Eqmac launch was a disaster for SOE. They were expecting thousands of players and got a few hundred. Lol.

Pearls before swine. :D

Mblake1981
09-09-2021, 06:49 PM
If I remember right Eqmac launch was a disaster for SOE. They were expecting thousands of players and got a few hundred. Lol.

Pearls before swine. :D

it was lacking artistic merit, perhaps if Bono did the soundtrack.

unsunghero
09-09-2021, 06:59 PM
See you in a few weeks.

I’ll stick around for a bit on forums but I’ve never remained on a gaming forum long after I stopped playing the game, that’s just not me. I tend to get tunnel visioned into whatever I’m doing so as soon as I start a new game it’ll be that or else I’ll get hyper focused even more on working out until I get a physique like Mike Thurston or something

I have no interest in wasting any more of my time on a soon to be nerfed class or on a server in development with balance patches. I misunderstood the extremely slow pacing of balance patches here as the fact the server was static, not dynamic

The developer’s confirmation was the nail in the coffin in my interest in P99 gameplay

pink grapefruit
09-09-2021, 07:06 PM
I’ll stick around for a bit on forums but I’ve never remained on a gaming forum long after I stopped playing the game, that’s just not me. I tend to get tunnel visioned into whatever I’m doing so as soon as I start a new game it’ll be that or else I’ll get hyper focused even more on working out until I get a physique like Mike Thurston or something

I have no interest in wasting any more of my time on a soon to be nerfed class or on a server in development with balance patches. I misunderstood the extremely slow pacing of balance patches here as the fact the server was static, not dynamic

The developer’s confirmation was the nail in the coffin in my interest in P99 gameplay

ok bye.

maybe come play the new pvp server when it releases! you can play an op class that won't be nerfed. like idk, druid?

would love to pk you <3

unsunghero
09-09-2021, 07:17 PM
ok bye.

maybe come play the new pvp server when it releases! you can play an op class that won't be nerfed. like idk, druid?

would love to pk you <3

It’s probably just me being cynical, but I really don’t believe that any class is truly “safe” from nerfs (or buffs). It seems what is “classic” or what isn’t is highly highly speculative and open to debate due to a lot of past evidence/code being lost

But sure I’ll keep an eye on new pvp server news. I can picture myself trying to run to the zone line to alt-f4 escape your bard/ranger and not making it :)

greenspectre
09-10-2021, 01:15 AM
It’s probably just me being cynical, but I really don’t believe that any class is truly “safe” from nerfs (or buffs).

Pretty sure uncertainty about class nerf/buff safety is as classic as it gets.

Tunabros
09-10-2021, 01:25 AM
OP freaks out about a nerf to an already OP class

unsunghero
09-10-2021, 01:34 AM
OP freaks out about a nerf to an already OP class

Had I not quit I woulda tried for some of this stuff. This is good info:

“ Here are some items in my opinion are must have:

-Staff of the Serpent (Epic)
-Neriad Shawl
-Spirit Wracked Cord
-Zlandi Heart

Amazing Items for Enchanters outside of hardcore raiding:

-Cloak of Confusion (PoM)
-Mischievous Dazzler Robe (PoM)
-Earring of Blazing Energy (Chardok)

Great HP items

-Orb of the Infinite Void
-Regal Band (Chardok 2.0)
-Ring of Lightning
-Djarn Ring
-Sickly Glowing Orb

My advice is to get at least 205 charisma since you can buff yourself with overwhelming splendor. Then focus for some items that include HP + RAW MANA”

Mblake1981
09-10-2021, 05:21 AM
Pretty sure uncertainty about class nerf/buff safety is as classic as it gets.

And people cry/rage/sad/bad quitting is classic as well.

People sitting on top of the pile, got all the things they wanted and are mewing for new expansions (luclin whiners).

its all classic, except for anything after Velious.

Mblake1981
09-10-2021, 10:13 AM
k_U7mZcSWcc

Twochain
09-10-2021, 04:54 PM
lmao ya'll don't have 255 cha with your main set of gear??? Slanging has 250 cha with a z-heart equipped wtf

cd288
09-10-2021, 04:57 PM
Based on interactions with you in the past it doesn’t seem like you’ll be missed

Gravydoo II
09-10-2021, 05:06 PM
Based on interactions with you in the past it doesn’t seem like you’ll be missed

burn

unsunghero
09-10-2021, 06:03 PM
burn

Has to be from someone I respect to make me care

You and him don't qualify

ScottBerta
09-12-2021, 02:30 AM
So what will the duration of enchanters charms now be based off of if not charisma? Or will it still be charisma but charm more likely to break sooner?

jdmchris
09-12-2021, 11:19 AM
You’ll be missed, but can I have all your plat and items thanks

eladrimar
09-12-2021, 09:16 PM
Pathing is so screwed and this is what we're going to fix?

Makes sense.

Gravydoo II
09-12-2021, 09:20 PM
Has to be from someone I respect to make me care

You and him don't qualify

Ouch, burn.

bilirubin
09-12-2021, 09:53 PM
Did the developers know or care if enchanters would be great solo'ers? Only the original developers would know for a fact. .

At around 23 minutes in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqW42BFqVjo&t=3145s) the original spell developer, Geoffrey Zatkin, talks about how from the start they had planned enchanters to be a uniquely powerful class. Further on at 30 minutes he speaks more specifically about how the charm spell. ( "Charm was always going to be powerful...")

Torven thinks Zatkin misunderstood his own code, making an argument from authority that Zatkin must have mistakenly said CHA influenced charm duration when asked by the community in 1999. But do you get the impression after watching the interview that Zatkin would have been wrong about the charm spell?

No, you really don't. Zatkin seems like a guy who spent hundreds of hours just planning spell mechanics, getting feedback and suggestions from other devs and Brad before programming it all in. He's not just some random EQ dev prone to false memory.

Jimjam
09-13-2021, 08:20 AM
Pathing is so screwed classic.

Fammaden
09-13-2021, 11:51 AM
What a whiny, self-absorbed crybaby you are OP. All over a minor change that might not happen for months on end and probably will make barely a dent in your precious enchanter class power level.

Thanks for the tutorial threads in the beginner section though, I'm sure no one would ever be able to figure out how to play a chanter again without those threads after you leave us all forever.

unsunghero
09-13-2021, 01:32 PM
What a whiny, self-absorbed crybaby you are OP. All over a minor change that might not happen for months on end and probably will make barely a dent in your precious enchanter class power level.

Thanks for the tutorial threads in the beginner section though, I'm sure no one would ever be able to figure out how to play a chanter again without those threads after you leave us all forever.

Sorry for your enchanter hate

Tunabros
09-13-2021, 02:06 PM
my biggest problems with p99 are

1. Random crashes I can't seem to fix
2. Pathing Issues

That's pretty much it.
Game is pretty fun /smile