PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Rain

Vandolas
03-06-2010, 07:30 AM
I know I've seen a post or two about the rain but I wanted to add a few things to it. It seem to rain for an extended period of time, but it also is raining in the wrong areas. For example, it rains in the tunnle in East Commons and down in side the lower areas of Black Burrow. Its not supposed to do this. It may be an "out side area" but it is in doors in those areas and it is not suppose to rain in doors. It also rains for extended periods of time in the deserts of Ro, all three zones. I do not recall once in all the four years that I played it ever raining in the desert on live.

Ektar
03-07-2010, 01:15 AM
yeah my god it rained for hours (RL hours) in oasis while I was farming sand giants. I noticed because paladin track relies on VISIBILITY. a lot.

doacleric
03-07-2010, 07:41 PM
It most certainly rains in the desert, even on Live. However, I believe there was a modifier to allow for more or less % chance of rain occurring for each zone. Zones like the Karanas usually rained more often than the deserts.

As for it raining in the EC tunnel, this might be a downside of the Titanium client and how collision detection was changed around 2004. There is little we can do about this.

Danth
04-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Figured I'd use the existing thread:

Flash flood warning--East Commonlands

I don't know whether this is a glitch on the server, or merely something glitched on my own client, but as of the time of this posting it has been raining nonstop in EC for more than three real-time days. The same is true from the perspective of my wife's PC so even if it's some sort of local glitch, it isn't entirely an isolated case.

Danth

nilbog
06-01-2021, 03:27 PM
We have made changes to the weather system which will be implemented in the next patch.

Some brief notes:
-Zones will no longer have the possibility of weather events persisting for extraordinary amounts of time
-Weather events happen less frequently
-Desert zones have a much less chance of rain, and a shorter duration when it does occur