PDA

View Full Version : New Spell Gfx/Particles/Icons Here

xblade724
03-06-2010, 04:01 AM
**Optional content: You do not have to use this is you do not want to**

I am now successfully using the new spell gfx/particles/icons/spellbook pulled from live server. For those that want to see these spectacular graphics or just curious to see if you'd like them, see below for info:

* You -must- type /loadskin and choose the newgfx UI to see your icons display correctly. This only needs to be done once.
* There may be an unnecessary file or two that was transferred - if so, apologies - I'm not an expert at this ;D
* READ BUGS before download so you are aware of what you may have to deal with!

Current Bugs (I need help fixing these):
* Warning - Huge bug (3/7/10): Many Spell levels for memorizing/scribing may appear incorrect.
> Forgetting the live server changed their spell levels to spread them out, a good chunk of spells are displaying the incorrect level. If you memorized what level new spells should actually be, it shouldn't be an issue (I'm playing fine on 22 druid so far). I thought I could fix it easily with a spell_us.txt parser, but apparently all links to the parser are dead (unless a dev can provide one). So note this risk before doing anything or if anyone is more familiar with spell_us.txt that is interested in fixing this, help would be greatly appreciated. Without a parser, I'm not going to even attempt to fix this.

* The Spirit of Wolf spell icon is a shield instead of a shoe - I have no idea how to fix this. Someone else pls fix :)
> Definitely relates with spells_us.txt and possibly the ui folder

Fixed Bugs:
* Spirit of Wolf cannot be memorized as you apparently need level 250 to memorize it.
>> FIXED: Repackaged in main download link

* The mouse arrow is white instead of EQ-like.
>> FIXED: Repackaged in main download link

Screenshots Album:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v30/chronei/EQ_new_gfx/

Download Link (26mb):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DZT97LH6

MrB
03-06-2010, 05:19 AM
I prefer the newer EQ look :o

I like the more modern spell effect icons and of course the newer spell effects.

At first the spell gems are messed up but upon using the loadskin command they are fixed.:)

Tried a few simple spells with cleric, wiz and necro and they all work and look great too.

Thanks for the upload:)

Kinamur1999
03-06-2010, 09:50 AM
For those that want to see these spectacular graphics or just curious to see if you'd like them, see below for info

everquest.station.sony.com

Ghesta
03-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Classic server?
Hmmmm, no thanks.

mokfarg
03-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Yah, no thanks, I prefer classic. Now if I could get the original UI working that would be cool.

Malrubius
03-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Man, I just remembered one of the other reasons I stopped liking EQ live.

guineapig
03-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Hey guys, this is good work on his part. You don't have to use it if you don't like it but at least give him props for being able to figure it out and fix some bugs.

Good job man! :)

Ghesta
03-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Hey guys, this is good work on his part. You don't have to use it if you don't like it but at least give him props for being able to figure it out and fix some bugs.

Good job man! :)

True, and it's not like I'll have to see those changes.

Lanor
03-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Thanks Xblade. I've been playing with spell effects off since I've been playing here, and now there's actually reason to put them on. While some of the classic effects are decent, especially healing spells, most of them aren't worth the screen clutter compared to the new effects. Now I'll be looking forward to seeing wizards cast their frost nuke, druids damage shield people, and perhaps the greatest spell effect in all of EQ, shamans or necros using their poison DoT line. Nothing is cooler than seeing semi-transparent green snakes repeatedly strike at their foe.

xblade724
03-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Yah, no thanks, I prefer classic. Now if I could get the original UI working that would be cool.
Man, I just remembered one of the other reasons I stopped liking EQ live.

Similar to the other guy that released the texture patch, you don't have to use them if you don't want to but it's there for people that want to have them. I mean, if an ice cream shop sold vanilla ice cream and you hated it, would you go out of your way to QQ about it even though other people may enjoy it?

eqinterface.com probably has the classic UI

As for the others, thank you very much it took me quite a while to figure it all out without having issues.

Aeolwind
03-07-2010, 12:11 PM
FYI, there will be a new spells_us.txt change with the upcoming patch. Not to support this however. Just a heads up in case you edit the spells_us file for this to work.

xblade724
03-07-2010, 06:07 PM
FYI, there will be a new spells_us.txt change with the upcoming patch. Not to support this however. Just a heads up in case you edit the spells_us file for this to work.

Do you happen to know a good spell_us parser so I can blend it in with the patch when it's released?

Edit: This would also fix 100% of my bugs with this tool since all my bugs relate to spells_us.txt

xblade724
03-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Users that use the spell graphics patch, don't replace your old spells_us with the new patched one if you want to keep the spell gfx.

MATPHAT
03-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Say, you aren't THE XBlade from Rallos Zek circa. 2001 are you?

xblade724
03-18-2010, 02:21 AM
bumping for those interested in great gfx to match the great gameplay!

Mygicmeen
03-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Did you get a parser yet? Did you talk to anyone? Try petitioning for one?

cidd
06-16-2010, 09:28 PM
I liked the older stuff better but unfortunately it didn't even work on my laptop so GG. This works fine and even though I have no idea what any of these icons are since I quit before Luclin, it's a whole lot better than having blank red and yellow dots. Thank you very much, I appreciate the effort you put into this.

Zordana
06-17-2010, 05:08 AM
its not really hard to find an editor... google is your friend..
and in fact you just have to replace the old-school images with the newer icons etc, instead of changing the spells_us.txt, no?

Qaedain
06-17-2010, 09:30 AM
You have to do some special tinkering with the spells_us.txt to get new spell icons to match up with the correct spells on P99.

Chieling
06-28-2010, 08:27 PM
i found an error. Waterstones wont work if u have this loaded. any ideas?

sambal
05-04-2012, 02:47 PM
<Necroing> Does this still work?

Danyelle
05-05-2012, 01:23 AM
<Necroing> Does this still work?

If he is no longer around, and if people want it, I may take on this project.

We'll see. lol

sambal
05-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Oh hells yeah! I don't even care if there are any bugs in it. I am just tired of ice comet looking like a regular ice spell >_<

Danyelle
05-05-2012, 04:00 PM
I'll be handling it through here (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73974).

This may take some time to complete though.