PDA

View Full Version : Largest plat deal ever?

unsunghero
08-23-2021, 11:30 AM
Asking here because for sure it would be here, not green. What’s the biggest plat deal you ever heard of? Has there been 1,000,000? More? Assuming someone could make that much if a guild was selling expensive MQ’s or something?

chevy79bu
08-23-2021, 02:02 PM
Yes plat sellers...what is the largest amount of plat someone has bought from you?

Ravager
08-23-2021, 02:06 PM
There have been larger for sure, but before C/F/R TMO used to sell access to VP for millions of plat.

Jibartik
08-23-2021, 02:09 PM
Someone bought an SoD on mischife yesterday for 3 million plat and that server is like 6 months old so we should have some pretty big purses here, I am curious too.

Tunabros
08-23-2021, 03:04 PM
I know people who spent REAL MONEY on a FREE TO PLAY CLASSIC EMULATED SERVER

of a 20 YEAR OLD ELF SIM

unsunghero
08-23-2021, 03:23 PM
Someone bought an SoD on mischife yesterday for 3 million plat and that server is like 6 months old so we should have some pretty big purses here, I am curious too.

What is SoD?

Someone on the green trading hub mentioned that the bard epic MQ had gone for 975k before, which is close enough to 1mil to make me wonder if something like the mage epic MQ could be 1mil+

Tunabros
08-23-2021, 03:24 PM
What is SoD?

Someone on the green trading hub mentioned that the bard epic MQ had gone for 975k before, which is close enough to 1mil to make me wonder if something like the mage epic MQ could be 1mil+

scepter of destruction

warder loot

strongNpretty
08-23-2021, 03:26 PM
Incoming- that weird Ripquozo guy.

Twochain
08-23-2021, 03:38 PM
Bruicse bought a Salindrite dagger for 2? 3? million. I know pre nerf fungi staffs have gone for multiple million..

There's certain people out there who SHOULD have 10-20 million at least in the bank, if not at least that much value in BIS droppables across their accounts.

Tunabros
08-23-2021, 03:43 PM
Bruicse bought a Salindrite dagger for 2? 3? million. I know pre nerf fungi staffs have gone for multiple million..

There's certain people out there who SHOULD have 10-20 million at least in the bank, if not at least that much value in BIS droppables across their accounts.

how tf do people have 10-20 million

I have about 3-4 million plat ish in plat + items on blue but it took me 8 years to get

to that level

my guess is : drugs + RMT

strongNpretty
08-23-2021, 03:53 PM
I've never had more than 30k of hard platinum in my hands in all my years...

Tunabros
08-23-2021, 04:01 PM
I've never had more than 30k of hard platinum in my hands in all my years...

make an enchanter or a shaman

also join a raiding guild and save up for things like zlandicar heart and sell it

everyone on blue who got rich did this

thank me later

strongNpretty
08-23-2021, 04:08 PM
make an enchanter or a shaman

also join a raiding guild and save up for things like zlandicar heart and sell it

everyone on blue who got rich did this

thank me later

Hahaha I wish! My door closed for those big adventures long ago!!! Also my best days of raiding came during the Blackheart Pirates/Kittens alliance days. Nishoba/Babaab days, HAIL HYDRA! (Oh how i miss those days) Most i have on 1 toon right now is 1.2k hahaha :) Please drop me a staff today Xalgoz, thank you!

Ripqozko
08-23-2021, 04:53 PM
Incoming- that weird Ripquozo guy.

Glad I live rent free in your head, sorry you failed on all 3 servers , hope that helped .

Ps - sorry you don't got warder loot

branamil
08-23-2021, 04:56 PM

I have about 3-4 million plat ish in plat + items on blue but it took me 8 years to get

to that level

Raiding guild banks is a good one. If you were an officer who handled loot on a guild and it disbands, guess where all the money goes...

unsunghero
08-23-2021, 05:12 PM

to that level

Dayum u like a dragon sitting on them riches

Tunabros
08-23-2021, 06:04 PM
Raiding guild banks is a good one. If you were an officer who handled loot on a guild and it disbands, guess where all the money goes...

wtf

I thought it will be like shared or something lol

Ripqozko
08-23-2021, 06:16 PM
wtf

I thought it will be like shared or something lol

rampage bank was split and given away to casual guilds to upstart them. not many i can think of did anything like that.

getsome
08-23-2021, 07:43 PM
rampage bank was split and given away to casual guilds to upstart them. not many i can think of did anything like that.

Biggest transaction may be sirken looting my accounts while I was fishing.

Rampage guild bank was funded when sirken logged on all my toons and gave hoku 6+ mill plat along with countless prayers, rez sticks and assortment of other loot.

Ripqozko
08-23-2021, 08:10 PM

Rampage guild bank was funded when sirken logged on all my toons and gave hoku 6+ mill plat along with countless prayers, rez sticks and assortment of other loot.

Rip getsomes bank :(

Ravager
08-23-2021, 09:09 PM

That's why they should give someone like me the keys to the kingdom and make me a Senior GM. I give no poops about any of the people or guilds here or about plat or about money. I can't be corrupted and in fact would make it my personal mission to f with anyone who tried to corrupt me. Of course, I don't give enough poops to bother to log in, so there will be a lot of disputes ignored, corpses lost and MQs eaten.

sydbarrett25
08-23-2021, 10:17 PM

Why did Sirken so that?

Tunabros
08-23-2021, 10:28 PM
Why did Sirken so that?

because sirken is a simp

Homesteaded
08-23-2021, 11:06 PM
because sirken is a simp

My guess is Hoku asked.

Twochain
08-24-2021, 03:51 AM

to that level

Some people who were smart played the market right, and bought shit like beads and manastones and circlet of shadow (I forget who but I remember one guy claiming to have like 30 of them on mules) low and held them for years and years

You could have bought 8 pairs of beads for like 100k back in the day and it's now worth.................. yeah. (Or you could have traded ur beads for a cloak of flame a few months before sneak nerf)

Then there are the farm crews. Now i've made a shit load of plat at fungi and juggs, but that was... idk casual? I logged when i felt like it, I /exit'd when I wasn't having fun. Not those kind of farm crews. Think Sirfloppin earth staff farmers. I mean shit, that crew was 8-10 manning VP dragons. They made a shit load of plat.

Those kind of hit squads seem to be dead anymore fwiw.

Ripqozko
08-24-2021, 04:44 AM
I was making 30-50k a day PLing in kunark on fasttimes. Plat is easy to get .

scaura
08-24-2021, 08:21 AM
Farm crew were making like 6-8mil a month for 6 to 8 months back in the days green white scale bladestopper fear golem were farmed, earth staff epic quest

One saldrinite went for 5mil in value recently
Bruicse transacted it for 3.2mil

Tunabros
08-24-2021, 12:06 PM
i hate farm crews

i have more respect for level 60 enchanters in chardok than those dudes

Robot
08-24-2021, 12:11 PM
Some people who were smart played the market right, and bought shit like beads and manastones and circlet of shadow (I forget who but I remember one guy claiming to have like 30 of them on mules) low and held them for years and years

You could have bought 8 pairs of beads for like 100k back in the day and it's now worth.................. yeah. (Or you could have traded ur beads for a cloak of flame a few months before sneak nerf)

Then there are the farm crews. Now i've made a shit load of plat at fungi and juggs, but that was... idk casual? I logged when i felt like it, I /exit'd when I wasn't having fun. Not those kind of farm crews. Think Sirfloppin earth staff farmers. I mean shit, that crew was 8-10 manning VP dragons. They made a shit load of plat.

Those kind of hit squads seem to be dead anymore fwiw.

Yeah that AM farm crew had me tilted for a long time I remember them. They were the neckbeardiest of players I've ever seen on any everquest iteration live or private. They had alts parked at the fountain in hate for Magi, lvl 52 tov geared alts parked at vox and naggy, and some lvl 60s parked in SE corner of fear for golems. Pretty sure they did not miss a spawn like ever, no matter what day or time that shit popped they were on in under 30seconds ready to pull every time. It got to the point where some guild was actually sitting on the temples reclearing the trash for the entire spawn window to get golems. Not long after that the GM's made it so Golems were considered raid targets and you could no longer camp out inside or sit on the spawns to kill them.

I will never forget that time that AM farm crew wiped on a golem at like 12% and he went into flee mode and I ran up and finished it off, got the kill and he dropped double slime bloods. I linked that shit in /ooc with the biggest grin on my face, ever. Needless to say they were pretty mad and I received quite a few hate tells from them, even though I didn't break any rules. Got the kill fair and square. Really wish I had been able to clip that but my shadowplay wasn't working at the time.

I'd be curious to know how much total plat they made in that time frame selling drops from those mobs. It had to be several million assuming they sold every earth staff, white scales, epic piece MQ they got. There was quite a few RMT accusations thrown their way. I had a brief convo with either aikons or conda, someone on their farm squad, when I was on the fear tracker and he claimed they needed the plat to fund guild recharges, throwing out some crazy number like they were spending 500k+ a week to recharge. It seemed high to me but I have no idea if it was true or not.

Toxigen
08-24-2021, 01:34 PM

wat

unsunghero
08-24-2021, 02:45 PM
Yeah that AM farm crew had me tilted for a long time I remember them. They were the neckbeardiest of players I've ever seen on any everquest iteration live or private. They had alts parked at the fountain in hate for Magi, lvl 52 tov geared alts parked at vox and naggy, and some lvl 60s parked in SE corner of fear for golems. Pretty sure they did not miss a spawn like ever, no matter what day or time that shit popped they were on in under 30seconds ready to pull every time. It got to the point where some guild was actually sitting on the temples reclearing the trash for the entire spawn window to get golems. Not long after that the GM's made it so Golems were considered raid targets and you could no longer camp out inside or sit on the spawns to kill them.

I will never forget that time that AM farm crew wiped on a golem at like 12% and he went into flee mode and I ran up and finished it off, got the kill and he dropped double slime bloods. I linked that shit in /ooc with the biggest grin on my face, ever. Needless to say they were pretty mad and I received quite a few hate tells from them, even though I didn't break any rules. Got the kill fair and square. Really wish I had been able to clip that but my shadowplay wasn't working at the time.

I'd be curious to know how much total plat they made in that time frame selling drops from those mobs. It had to be several million assuming they sold every earth staff, white scales, epic piece MQ they got. There was quite a few RMT accusations thrown their way. I had a brief convo with either aikons or conda, someone on their farm squad, when I was on the fear tracker and he claimed they needed the plat to fund guild recharges, throwing out some crazy number like they were spending 500k+ a week to recharge. It seemed high to me but I have no idea if it was true or not.

Goes to show what turbo sweaties they were that they would get bent out of shape over a single mob when they had gotten every one previous with the knowledge they would probably get every future one too

Non-functional people…

Tunabros
08-24-2021, 02:53 PM

welcome to top 10 things that never happened

Robot
08-24-2021, 03:11 PM
welcome to top 10 things that never happened

Lol ok ?

It happened but whatever you say bud. I will take a KWSM members word based on 2nd hand info on it over my own experiences going up against their farm crew on a weekly basis, sure.

Disease
08-24-2021, 04:04 PM
Goes to show what turbo sweaties they were that they would get bent out of shape over a single mob when they had gotten every one previous with the knowledge they would probably get every future one too

Non-functional people…

Rent due turns people into monsters.

Twochain
08-24-2021, 04:56 PM

Non-functional people…

The goofiest part about that is... A surprising number of these power EQ gamers are actually successful IRL. Aikons is a lawyer, Sirfloppin owns a business, dudes like Venice and Furoar have money + businesses, There was long standing rumors about Eliashib working for daybreak although that's just a rumor. It makes sense, as if you apply the assertive, hyper motivated and educated behavior to a real life venture, i'm sure you get positive results.

Basically, a lot of them don't have standard 9-5 jobs where you cannot game at a moments notice. I'm sure there were a few in mommies basement though.

unsunghero
08-24-2021, 08:58 PM
The goofiest part about that is... A surprising number of these power EQ gamers are actually successful IRL. Aikons is a lawyer, Sirfloppin owns a business, dudes like Venice and Furoar have money + businesses, There was long standing rumors about Eliashib working for daybreak although that's just a rumor. It makes sense, as if you apply the assertive, hyper motivated and educated behavior to a real life venture, i'm sure you get positive results.

Basically, a lot of them don't have standard 9-5 jobs where you cannot game at a moments notice. I'm sure there were a few in mommies basement though.

Did they confirm this or was it just some keyboard warrioring?

“How many hours do lawyers work? Most lawyers work more than 40 hours a week. It's not uncommon for lawyers (especially Big Law attorneys) to work up to 80 hours each week. On average, according to the 2018 Legal Trends Report, full-time lawyers work 49.6 hours each week.Jul 20, 2021”

My first job ever was a file clerk to an inheritance dispute lawyer and although he was not in the office often, it did appear that he was pretty busy

For a business owner that can probably wildly vary. I’d have to see some serious proof before I ever believed the claims of some random from the internet though reg their profession

bomaroast
08-24-2021, 09:02 PM
I can't remember the monks name or even the guild that we were in but there was a monk that bought some Barbarian Flayed Leggings from Aftermath maybe 3 years ago. He payed a cool 1 million plat. He farmed king in trios for about a month straight. I personally made about 350k being a part of the crew. The monk promptly logged off and never showed up again, LOL!

Also, I"m successful in my own way. I've ran a business for the last decade and have it dialed-in to the point where I only work about 15 hours a week on average. I don't make a ton of money, enough to get by and save a little, but I'll never be rich. I'd rather have my time to do as I please. That being said.. I did finally quit logging in recently. It's been nice. I have *so* much free time now. I've been catching up on my reading backlog.

Solist
08-24-2021, 09:31 PM
Derubael took at least 1.8mil from my banned accounts, plus a few manastones etc.

So who knows, probably Kinsawt's final RMT sale? Kluwen and co maybe individually not so high but as a group, 10's of mils.

branamil
08-24-2021, 11:11 PM
Did they confirm this or was it just some keyboard warrioring?

“How many hours do lawyers work? Most lawyers work more than 40 hours a week. It's not uncommon for lawyers (especially Big Law attorneys) to work up to 80 hours each week. On average, according to the 2018 Legal Trends Report, full-time lawyers work 49.6 hours each week.Jul 20, 2021”

My first job ever was a file clerk to an inheritance dispute lawyer and although he was not in the office often, it did appear that he was pretty busy

For a business owner that can probably wildly vary. I’d have to see some serious proof before I ever believed the claims of some random from the internet though reg their profession

Umm.. for "business owner".... he literally just sold magic the gathering cards out of a strip mall and played EQ at work. So... yeah

Gustoo
08-24-2021, 11:23 PM

Most of everyone on p99 that is level 60 and has any key are both doctors and lawyers IRL. Can confirm.

Twochain
08-25-2021, 01:03 AM
Umm.. for "business owner".... he literally just sold magic the gathering cards out of a strip mall and played EQ at work. So... yeah

LMAO u didn't have to do him like that Brana (The card market is exploding atm so, just possibly, he is making bank right now)

Also as we're adding to the list, wasn't Phatez like a data scientist or some shit?

Tunabros
08-25-2021, 01:33 AM
Phatez is just another bald drug user who still plays wow

RevSaber
08-25-2021, 11:28 AM

I have about 3-4 million plat ish in plat + items on blue but it took me 8 years to get drugs + RMT

Hmmmm.....

myrddraal
08-25-2021, 03:36 PM
my largest plat deal was 150k. But im a filthy poor.

scaura
08-26-2021, 10:00 PM
Imagine losing to a bald drug abuser like u claimed, your probably worst then

Twochain
08-27-2021, 11:55 AM
I can't remember the monks name or even the guild that we were in but there was a monk that bought some Barbarian Flayed Leggings from Aftermath maybe 3 years ago. He payed a cool 1 million plat. He farmed king in trios for about a month straight. I personally made about 350k being a part of the crew. The monk promptly logged off and never showed up again, LOL!

Also, I"m successful in my own way. I've ran a business for the last decade and have it dialed-in to the point where I only work about 15 hours a week on average. I don't make a ton of money, enough to get by and save a little, but I'll never be rich. I'd rather have my time to do as I please. That being said.. I did finally quit logging in recently. It's been nice. I have *so* much free time now. I've been catching up on my reading backlog.

A month straight? It was like 3 months straight LOL. Dude I can’t remember his name either right this second, but I actually showed him how to do the pull one night randomly as I was just running through and hanging out. A good portion of my rogue was leveled 56-60 afk at those king camps because he was thankful that I showed him the ropes.

But yeah he really got those pants and just peaced out. Hhahaha what the heck is the use for going through all that effort to get them, if you’re not even going to use them

bomaroast
08-27-2021, 12:02 PM
Oh ya, the little halfling rogue that was afk in the jails. Cheers bud!

Tunabros
08-27-2021, 01:27 PM
common knowledge the best way to make plat on p99 is to save up DKP and sell

items like zlandi heart, custom cowl of mortality, boots of the storm, and AOW items

but other than, it those enchanters/shamans going to Siren's grotto/Pom/Chardok

that make the most plat farm wise

scaura
08-29-2021, 08:51 AM
I don't see you getting rich despite knowing it ????

zaff
08-29-2021, 11:36 AM
A month straight? It was like 3 months straight LOL. Dude I can’t remember his name either right this second, but I actually showed him how to do the pull one night randomly as I was just running through and hanging out. A good portion of my rogue was leveled 56-60 afk at those king camps because he was thankful that I showed him the ropes.

But yeah he really got those pants and just peaced out. Hhahaha what the heck is the use for going through all that effort to get them, if you’re not even going to use them

That was Viperom! I used to hang out in his king groups a lot too. Well I would log on and get a tell "king?" He was hardcore :D

ralph v2.0
08-29-2021, 01:01 PM
i sold a salindrite on my account Isildur for 3+ mil

Bardp1999
08-29-2021, 02:03 PM
Chardok AoE was a big win for people like Calias

Valrok
08-30-2021, 08:06 PM
When you sell an item that is worth so much plat that a GM shows up to interrogate you.

Blango
08-30-2021, 08:44 PM
When you sell an item that is worth so much plat that a GM shows up to interrogate you.

I bought a MQ for 200k. like a month later got a message from GM asking about the transaction. Suppose it looks suspicious when i swap to my tunnel mule and just hand someone 200k with no item in return lol.

A Knight
08-30-2021, 11:32 PM
All the total plat I ever had, was probably only like 450,000 to 600,000. I made it quick though. Its crazy you all with the millions of plat.

RevSaber
08-31-2021, 12:23 AM
100% of the "volunteer staff" RMTs or lets it slide.

hope this helps

loramin
08-31-2021, 10:41 AM
100% of the "volunteer staff" RMTs or lets it slide.

hope this helps

Enjoy your ban:

Server Negativity
Spreading negative propaganda about the server and serving no purpose other than to slander the community and it's staff will not be allowed.

The staff works hard to provide this experience to you, and we will not tolerate negative conjecture about our agendas or actions. This includes negative or tasteless comments about current or former staff members. Constructive feedback via substantiated bug reports is always appreciated.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324838

skorge
09-16-2021, 06:16 PM
Sold a 60 necro account for 750k. Since this was on the higher end of exchanges I required the buyer to be on the phone while we did the deal (while we were talking the guy's brother who also played P99 was yelling ni**** in the background at someone in the game).

I have also handed random guild mates over 1 million plat to transfer to an alt before, lol...it would always freak them out.

I also had a guildmate steal 100k raw plat from me before, then he got banned. I quit playing for awhile and came back 1 year later to have Uthgard randomly pop up in my trade window as Fippy the gnoll and put 100k in my trade window. Good times.

skorge
09-16-2021, 06:23 PM
common knowledge the best way to make plat on p99 is to save up DKP and sell

items like zlandi heart, custom cowl of mortality, boots of the storm, and AOW items

but other than, it those enchanters/shamans going to Siren's grotto/Pom/Chardok

that make the most plat farm wise

The best ways to make plat in P99 are gone...like Casinos, Red items to Blue items, selling accounts, buying legacy items when Kunark first hit Blue for super cheap (ie I bought a RoA for 70k and sold it for 550k), selling chardok ae group spots...

Side note, the reason the RoA was worth so much was casters didnt have the horrible melee cap they have now, meaning at level 20 a necro could hit for 150 melee damage (put haste on him and STR/tanky gear and you can do 1-40 super fast).

Baler
09-16-2021, 06:25 PM
selling characters for plat was a huge market back in the day on blue.

RevSaber
09-16-2021, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=loramin;3354425]Enjoy your ban:

Pretty sure i never got that ban, but you do got a little brown stuff on your nose...

Hey look I got banned

Bardp1999
09-17-2021, 12:21 AM
[QUOTE=loramin;3354425]Enjoy your ban:

Pretty sure i never got that ban, but you do got a little brown stuff on your nose...

Hey look I got banned

This post aged very poorly aside from the cool mod ninja edit

Tunabros
09-17-2021, 01:21 PM
yoo he got banned

mods based :D

Castle2.0
09-17-2021, 01:27 PM

of a 20 YEAR OLD ELF SIM

So you're involved in RMT? Tell us more.

Tunabros
09-17-2021, 01:32 PM
So you're involved in RMT? Tell us more.

funny thing is they all got banned

one of which was a group member that braknar came and smited

I can't RMT because I'm poor and RMT is cringe

astuce999
09-17-2021, 06:36 PM
I have also handed random guild mates over 1 million plat to transfer to an alt before, lol...it would always freak them out.

confirmed!

Astuce

Splade
09-27-2021, 10:39 PM

of a 20 YEAR OLD ELF SIM

Sucks to be poor, I guess. If it was allowed i'd gladly of spent RL cash on a fungi or a Z-heart or whatever. I don't have a ton of free time and I knew i'd never be able to ever get those items and eventually lost interest in P99 after awhile. I only log in a few times a year now but back when I played I would have totally of bought some good loot to enhance my playing experience but at the same time, I spend like $500-$1000 a week on random shit and I have literally zero debt so dropping a couple of hundred on a 20 year old elf sim would have been nothing to me. lol

Tunabros
09-27-2021, 10:41 PM
Sucks to be poor, I guess. If it was allowed i'd gladly of spent RL cash on a fungi or a Z-heart or whatever. I don't have a ton of free time and I knew i'd never be able to ever get those items and eventually lost interest in P99 after awhile. I only log in a few times a year now but back when I played I would have totally of bought some good loot to enhance my playing experience but at the same time, I spend like $500-$1000 a week on random shit and I have literally zero debt so dropping a couple of hundred on a 20 year old elf sim would have been nothing to me. lol

cringe?

imagine how fucked the economy would be if cringelords like you spent real life cash on items

omg lol don't make me laugh

just get gud

Splade
09-27-2021, 10:47 PM
cringe?

imagine how fucked the economy would be if cringelords like you spent real life cash on items

omg lol don't make me laugh

just get gud

Lol, im good at real life, that's why im not poor

Tunabros
09-27-2021, 10:57 PM
Lol, im good at real life, that's why im not poor

nice flex

i wouldn't spend cash on pixels though

*cringes*

baconeggs
10-03-2021, 02:06 PM
Don't RMT, people.

Elizondo
10-05-2021, 10:21 PM
Guild and individual players need to be separate

I dunno if the tunnelbeards are still active, but that one dude was notorious and made a post defending his honor. He had to have millions upon millions of plat rotting in his bank.

He would sell the same items everyday way overpriced waitin to get a fish on the line