PDA

View Full Version : Monk epic/SoS or IFS

nordbear
08-21-2021, 01:15 AM
Hey!

Currently using epic/SOS on my lvl 51 but thinking about acquiring a IFS. I mostly solo and from what I’ve gathered it’s better with a slow 2h due to ripostes, DS etc. Plan is to keep both but just wanted some input if it’s worth it at all or if I should work towards a new haste items instead (currently nothing since epic replaced schw).

Legidias
08-21-2021, 04:34 AM
Do you not have any haste? Monk epic is only casted haste. You need worn haste

Stonewallx39
08-21-2021, 12:50 PM
Track down a haste belt, the 24% haste belt from HS is pretty reasonable. I’m 58 and use Peacebringer and Epic/SoS depending on the situation. IFS is nice, but won’t be hugely noticeable. Where as haste will be felt right away.

ScottBerta
08-21-2021, 01:25 PM
Haste should be your first, second and third priority right now. If your low budget get SCHW or FBSS, if you got coin get a Spiked seahorse belt or RBB. I’m assuming 50k for CoF is too much.

Man0warr
08-21-2021, 04:30 PM
Well SCHW won't work since he's wearing Epic for stats.

Snaggles
08-21-2021, 04:52 PM
A cloak of the crystalline waters on blue is priced the same (within 5%) as a Spiked Seahorse as well.

Yea though, FBSS now. You won’t need a better worn item to cap haste with Shissar/AQ/WR until level 55. Start saving your fine steel and get a 34%+ item by then and you are golden.

Haste Caps
1-30 50%
31-50 74%
51-54 84%
55-59 94%
60 100%

nordbear
08-21-2021, 05:04 PM
Thx for the replies guys! Managed to find a fbss and a ifs today so got that pet covered for now. Will start saving for 34% haste next.

Gear related question, it feels like AC plays a huge role in how much dmg im taking in each fight. Atm I have a few wu pieces, like legs that im thinking about replacing with something like oiled greaves. Good idea? Checked out thurg armor and the stats feels really lackluster.

Stonewallx39
08-21-2021, 05:58 PM
The most important stat is your level, then buffs (made a living begging for buffs in HHK as a young monk). HP is your next most important with every 4 points increasing the efficiency of your mend and allowing more hp before hitting bw max. AC is definitely important too.

Oiled skin greaves are good, but a tad heavy. Black pantherskin is another good option (cheaper and lighter).

Sounds like you’re definitely on the right track. Just kee up what your doing and be a grandmaster soon!

Toxigen
08-23-2021, 04:24 PM
Thx for the replies guys! Managed to find a fbss and a ifs today so got that pet covered for now. Will start saving for 34% haste next.

Gear related question, it feels like AC plays a huge role in how much dmg im taking in each fight. Atm I have a few wu pieces, like legs that im thinking about replacing with something like oiled greaves. Good idea? Checked out thurg armor and the stats feels really lackluster.

thurg armor is pretty terrible minus the bracer for the clicky shuriken summon

biggest thing is 65hp rings, some cheap str / hp earrings, etc

https://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Monk_Equipment

Click a slot, and play around sorting by different stats like str, sta, and hp. Can toggle "show no drop" as well if you want to strictly buy stuff in EC. You'll find good, lightweight stuff and can then go farm it!

Samoht
08-23-2021, 04:30 PM
A cloak of the crystalline waters on blue is priced the same (within 5%) as a Spiked Seahorse as well.

Do not buy a CoCW. You may look at that and think "this is a 36% haste item with stats," but the fact is, it's an overpriced PoS. If you can afford the 30k+ price tag for CoCW, then you can afford waiting to get the rest of the cash needed to buy cloak of flames.

If you don't want to wait, get a spiked seahorse hide belt, instead.

Snaggles
08-23-2021, 04:41 PM
Do not buy a CoCW. You may look at that and think "this is a 36% haste item with stats," but the fact is, it's an overpriced PoS. If you can afford the 30k+ price tag for CoCW, then you can afford waiting to get the rest of the cash needed to buy cloak of flames.

If you don't want to wait, get a spiked seahorse hide belt, instead.

Lol, yea 50 hps is a gamechanger.