PDA

View Full Version : Death by Firing Squad

starkind
08-20-2021, 08:28 AM
was a manly honorable way to go imo

Jimjam
08-20-2021, 08:40 AM
These concepts are all just social constructs.

starkind
08-20-2021, 08:53 AM
idk u think maybe u get a chance to go into valhalha if u go by fireing squad and u rly believed in urself and thor? like maybe u killed some real bad ppl or disobied a real dumb order or had an epic battle with ur commander

and u got firing squaded

knucklehairs
08-20-2021, 08:58 AM
Laws are all just social constructs

starkind
08-20-2021, 09:02 AM
Laws are all just social constructs

i agree but whatever

so what if they are social constructs

the firing squad construct has a certain quality to it that beats hanging, or electrocution, or lethal injection imo

Whale biologist
08-20-2021, 10:30 AM
was a manly honorable way to go imo

https://i.imgur.com/eSNJJU9.png

Mesocyclone
08-20-2021, 10:33 AM
Fake News.

Whale biologist
08-20-2021, 10:36 AM
Fake News.

Maybe! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Ney#Alleged_survival)

bomaroast
08-20-2021, 10:55 AM
Are the people of the P99 Forums becoming daoist now?

The tao which is a social construct is not the true tao.

Mesocyclone
08-20-2021, 11:09 AM
Where do bad folks go when they die? They don't go to Heaven where the angels fly. They go to a lake of fire and fry. See 'em again till the Fourth of July!

Toxigen
08-20-2021, 11:24 AM
https://i.imgur.com/eSNJJU9.png

ngl thats pretty badass

Gustoo
08-20-2021, 06:24 PM
I think anyone who thinks about it agrees that firing squad is the most humane way to execute people, except possibly the growing number of people who have a fear of guns "hoplophobia" as a result of media brain washing.

Our prison sentences are cruel and unusual and absurdly long because evil men benefit from these costly long sentences, and it needs to be put to an end. The death penalty is fair, because I don't value human life enough to devote the resources needed to correcting the life of someone who has murdered or raped, but the time of appeal should be much more limited and in cases where there is a sufficient amount of evidence the sentence should be carried out within months not decades.

Its not about being mean or anything, its about not torturing people in prison and not wasting american tax dollars (YOUR MONEY) on corrupt big business prison enterprises.

starkind
08-21-2021, 09:13 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannah_Szenes

Even if I was unjustly imprisoned, incarcerated, charged, this would definitely be the speedy conclusion to my trial that I could accept.

Swift and speedy trials are part of the deal my dear friends.

Danth
08-21-2021, 09:20 AM
Gustoo--I don't disagree in principle, but there's a fair (and, I think, pretty good) counterpoint: That same corrupt system also has a habit of convicting the innocent more often than by rights ought to be the case.

If you're going to go, firing squad is a pretty good way to go. One of the little horrors of life that nobody likes to think about is that every single one of us is going to die, and most of us will die screaming.

Danth

starkind
08-21-2021, 09:38 AM
Ya I agree with Danth.

We need to fix our shity society, not rely on death sentances.

I believe Gustoo also agrees tho and just, like me, would rather die in combat if that corrupt society wins the war.

In theory, we should treat every human and animal and dysfunctional freak of nature mutant killing machine with respect and humility. That doesn't mean let them run free or giving sadists tools to torture spiders and monsters is nothing short of hell on earth, we just let people off the rack to torture others in todays world.

Speaking as that girl who stood up to the bully running in authority, in charge of the psyche ward. Those people had a lot of power over me and that bully and his friends could have royaly changed the tangent of my life, it was a life and death situation, not for me, but for many others not as strong as me.

I'm still alive and surviving, fighting, and I still often think a firing squad might have been kinder in my case. I really cannot speak for anyone else. It's a horrific way for a naïve and innocent child to die. And there are worse ways for that to go. Still, yet.