PDA

View Full Version : Nothing you do on the Internet matters

Baler
08-19-2021, 07:15 PM
The internet is a perfect illusion for those who think they are a part of something.

Baler
08-19-2021, 07:16 PM
Reply, Don't reply. It doesn't matter.
You're caught in the web, struggle if you want. It doesn't matter.

Take stock in real life. Your health, family and community.

Mead
08-19-2021, 07:42 PM
Meltdown and ban imminent

Tunabros
08-19-2021, 07:46 PM
ok old man

GinnasP99
08-19-2021, 07:47 PM

Legit good advice.

Nocht
08-19-2021, 08:36 PM
UJpnYg4Lrrs

Whale biologist
08-19-2021, 10:40 PM
Iy7i9ru7HB8

Nocht
08-19-2021, 10:48 PM
and then he served us pancakes.

Mesocyclone
08-19-2021, 11:02 PM
It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again!

Ennewi
08-20-2021, 12:03 AM
8tCC9yxUIdw

Ooloo
08-20-2021, 12:05 AM
The internet is part of life. This is the jeff goldblum fallacy from jurassic park. The dinosaurs weren't wiped out by "the building of a dam" he says. Humans are part of nature as much as anything else.

TL;DR I will continue arguing against horza as long as I can, I consider it a humanitarian endeavor

Ennewi
08-20-2021, 12:21 AM
The internet is part of life. This is the jeff goldblum fallacy from jurassic park. The dinosaurs weren't wiped out by "the building of a dam" he says. Humans are part of nature as much as anything else.

After the machines assert their dominance, they will argue this point amongst one another over the mass grave earth will have become. "The humans weren't wiped out through the building of us. Computers are part of nature as much as anything else." Then maybe they will recreate earth as it once was, emulating aspects of the past so seamlessly that the artificial will appear natural and nonhuman creations will believe that they are humans with inalienable rights. Mortal beings with desires and fears and opinions and they will post about them on a forum with other nonhumans constantly monitored in all ways by an intelligence they referred to only as god which was in fact a creation of their ancestors that went on to recreate them so that they could recreate it, again and again, until one could not be discerned from the other. The creator and the creation.

Sorry, I have been watching too much Westworld.

Jibartik
08-20-2021, 12:31 AM
Considering the ocean we evolved from is full of microorganisms I think it's fair to say the shit the computer people evolve out of will as well, only what they'll consider microorganisms we consider: us!

Mblake1981
08-20-2021, 05:18 AM
The internet is a perfect illusion for those who think they are a part of something.

That was the case before smart phones and social media. When you didn't post your RL photos or info. Your quote is a good example of how a man can't fight the ocean waves but I hope you come to your senses and realize its fay gate.

Mesocyclone
08-20-2021, 05:58 AM
What a stupid fuckin thread.

Jimjam
08-20-2021, 06:12 AM
Ngl “stuck in the web” was the perfect turn of phrase regarding over indulging in the www at the detriment to other concerns.

Gwaihir
08-20-2021, 06:39 AM
That was the case before smart phones and social media. When you didn't post your RL photos or info. Your quote is a good example of how a man can't fight the ocean waves but I hope you come to your senses and realize its fay gate.

The primary wave of an "ocean wave" is dissipated into heat through matter, the other half, the S wave, is dissipated into gravity through timespace; if you're into fighting ocean waves.

Ocean wave itself, being a sonic phenomena

starkind
08-20-2021, 07:57 AM
I hear voices in my head so i don't really need the internet

sometimes i hear ppl screaming things at me like from other realities/rooms/worlds/times

sometimes it's real ppl and they didn't open their mouth but i read their strong thoughts and it's tru lol

internet is unessesary

Mblake1981
08-20-2021, 08:00 AM
The primary wave of an "ocean wave" is dissipated into heat through matter, the other half, the S wave, is dissipated into gravity through timespace; if you're into fighting ocean waves.

Ocean wave itself, being a sonic phenomena

Appreciate the breakdown, just a phrase meaning 'a useless action' because the waves never stop coming in.

I hear voices in my head so i don't really need the internet

sometimes i hear ppl screaming things at me like from other realities/rooms/worlds/times

sometimes it's real ppl and they didn't open their mouth but i read their strong thoughts and it's tru lol

internet is unessesary

Can probably break down the chemical name knowing this poster.

Jimjam
08-20-2021, 08:34 AM
Its the voices outside your head that are worst.

LloydHunxHun
08-23-2021, 11:31 AM
Actually, I don't think it's a fallacy since everything we do can be easily relocated to the internet, and many people work or study on the computer. Nowadays, it's even possible to find a job (https://uk.jooble.org/jobs-amazon-warehouse/Hounslow%2C-Greater-London) online, and people don't need to look for the offers on the streets anymore or ask their friends about any vacancies.

Whale biologist
08-23-2021, 11:56 AM
bot

strongNpretty
08-23-2021, 12:28 PM
Everyday that goes by as a poor man- I realize we slowly are turning into one of those strange dystopian futures you always see in movies man.. You can watch any of these movie recaps and assume we are headed down one of these paths as mankind.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyXD1jAZBdZ4u0K-GLYC77Q/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5NZ71oAHbXzhd-Mr1UxMNA/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEmig2PwKGUmaQ9xzFWJ_xA/videos

I know ya'll afraid of links.. But whatever. This dude does movie recaps.. Not sure why he has multiple youtube channels.. But who cares. If you spend 2 hours of your life on public transportation everyday like me, then you might find some joy in these :) Also, they all scifi i think.

unsunghero
08-23-2021, 01:16 PM
Reply, Don't reply. It doesn't matter.
You're caught in the web, struggle if you want. It doesn't matter.

This gaming forum is known as an “online community”

So would a Jared Leto fan club forum. Or a kayak enthusiasts forum. Those are online communities too

Are they as important as the community you live in? In my opinion hell no. And our detachment from RL friendships definitely is a major problem in this modern age. Although I always say hi to and have short conversations with my RL neighbors too when I see them

Are these online communities more important than social media ones? Depends. I think if we are talking about your actual family scattered across the country on Facebook, that’s an online community that SHOULD matter more than your gaming forum community or your Austrian Shepherd dog lover community. But even then, what if your family is a bunch of dicks to you? Mine’s not, but some people’s are

For some people a gaming forum and their gaming friends are the only community they have left

Jibartik
08-23-2021, 02:24 PM
Everyday that goes by as a poor man- I realize we slowly are turning into one of those strange dystopian futures you always see in movies man.. You can watch any of these movie recaps and assume we are headed down one of these paths as mankind.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyXD1jAZBdZ4u0K-GLYC77Q/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5NZ71oAHbXzhd-Mr1UxMNA/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEmig2PwKGUmaQ9xzFWJ_xA/videos

I know ya'll afraid of links.. But whatever. This dude does movie recaps.. Not sure why he has multiple YouTube channels.. But who cares. If you spend 2 hours of your life on public transportation everyday like me, then you might find some joy in these :) Also, they all scifi i think.

Im a big fan of horror sci fi. Like, I am relentlessly addicted to it. If it's about real life I am so bored but if it's about the exact same thing but has some AI taking over in the background Im hooked.

Last night I put on this documentary about Roger Ares and I'm like, man i could care less about this stuff... except... that real life today is basically science fiction. The doc is just full of educated people saying this is the end of our democracy.

Like I feel like we're in one of those netflix series that is like, totally normal, but like, weird shit happens and so it vibes like any minuet a portal could open up or aliens could show up.

Everything has this like, horror sci fi twist to nowadays.... Like any episode of black mirror isnt just some like funny joke, we're here.

The news talks about aliens, the next president's voters all talk about the rapture, scientists say that the end is irreversible, rumors of wars every day, the sky's all over the world are red the cities are flooded and we're in a pandemic.

It's fuckin lit on this planet.

It's both awesome, creepy and hopefully all leading to an awesome ending I would say is my favorite movie.

8-sBbV7_7V4

plz :o

strongNpretty
08-23-2021, 02:29 PM
Im a big fan of science fiction. Like, I am relentlessly addicted to it. If it's about real life I am so bored but if it's about the exact same thing but in a fake future Im hooked.

I put on this documentary about roger ares and im like, Man i could care less about this shit... except... that real life today is basically science fiction.

Like I feel like we're in one of those netflix sereies that is like, totally normal, but like, weird shit happens and so it vibes like any minuet a portal could open up or aliens could show up.

Like everything has this like, sci fi twist to nowadays.... Like any episode of black mirror isnt just some like funny joke, we're here.

It's both awesome, creepy and hopefully all leading to an awesome ending I would say is my favorite movie.

What you're suggesting is.... StrongNpretty should watch this?!?!! Yes?!

Jibartik
08-23-2021, 03:03 PM
Haha everyone should watch train to busan its great!

Tunabros
08-23-2021, 03:17 PM
none of baler's opinions matter

hope this helps