PDA

View Full Version : Ghetto gear enc, what might be soloable at 60?

Tann
08-19-2021, 12:40 PM
Still a long way off but wondering if stuff like neriad shawl acquisition or cliff golems are soloable at 60 without the expensive (yes I know this is subjective) spells like Bedlam, VoG, etc.. and without epic. Just standard low budget tunnelquest gear.

nordbear
08-19-2021, 12:59 PM
I would say so. I’m also lacking bedlam and VoG on my chanter and having them would definitely increase my chances of surviving a fight/finishing it off quicker. But I guess it goes hand in hand with hp, ac as well. Having bedlam, 3k hp and high ac will increase you chances of surviving a charm break, but it doesn’t mean it can’t be done without them.

Tewaz
08-19-2021, 03:10 PM
255 cha (after cha buff) is huge for calming and will save your life. This would be my first goal along with hp gear.

My next goal would be Bedlam. Bedlam + Rune is how you survive charm breaks, root breaks, and all that.

With both these things and bad gear, I was able to solo HS North and a lot of Seb money camps.

The real skill in these camps is understanding your spells, spawns, pathing, aggro, and having quick responses when things go poorly. You also need to know when to camp out, die in places for easier corpse recovery, etc.

Twochain
08-19-2021, 05:19 PM
255 cha (after cha buff) is huge for calming and will save your life. This would be my first goal along with hp gear.

My next goal would be Bedlam. Bedlam + Rune is how you survive charm breaks, root breaks, and all that.

With both these things and bad gear, I was able to solo HS North and a lot of Seb money camps.

The real skill in these camps is understanding your spells, spawns, pathing, aggro, and having quick responses when things go poorly. You also need to know when to camp out, die in places for easier corpse recovery, etc.

Yeah pretty much this. Some of the best enchantering i've ever seem came off the heels of an enchanter that had laughably bad gear. (Later figured out that the lack of gear was because they were RMTing) But that guy was a fucking beast.

Bedlam is going to be your next upgrade. Unfortunately you are definitely going to need a big ass bags of peridots, as rune 5 is pretty essential to enchanter soloing especially if you don't have bedlam, and ESPECIALLY if you don't have great hp/ac. The good news is, enchanters also farm amazingly, so while you will have some upfront costs from the peridots, you will definitely make it back.

OR, find yourself a cleric friend and it basically won't matter that your gear is shit. Just remember to have 2 stuns up on your bar for charm breaks and you should pretty much always be able to recharm without taking damage- especially so if you aren't killing mobs that summon.

Toxigen
08-20-2021, 10:21 AM
You aren't soloing in SG or doing Cliff Golems w/o Bedlam.

Focus on getting all of your spells first.

Seb and Velk are now your two primary residences. Godspeed.

Tann
08-20-2021, 11:52 AM
Appreciate all the replies, still a long long way til 60 but was curious how enc faired without the full kit.

Disease
08-20-2021, 03:20 PM
Solo efreeti in Solb until you get money for bedlam and some charm wands. Super easy camp, efreeti spawns usually 1 out of 3 spawns. 2 years ago the boots would go for 1k and then ring 5k. So it broke down to 1k an hour.

You can also sell power levels at this camp by having someone afk in the hidden room down in the lava. Easy money.

Tethler
08-30-2021, 03:45 AM
You can definitely get a neriad shawl as you are now. Just charm the seahorses since they can't come out of the water on charm break. I farmed a neriad shawl for my level 20 enchanter with a 57 druid by charming seahorses. Surely a 60 enchanter with poop gear could do better.

Tunabros
08-30-2021, 11:02 AM
Howling Stones is nice. Lots of open space but recommend getting a cleric or shaman to

help out