PDA

View Full Version : If diversity and autonomy is an indication of freedom.

starkind
08-18-2021, 12:38 PM
https://i.imgur.com/bqwX5LC.png

than the circled red area is the most diverse and autonomous part of the world :p

What u will see in the next centuray or so if we survive it is the dissolution of those borders and those tiny mountainous countries into the bigger geographic groups and demographics.

The west does not want them to go to russia or china because russia already has a really big area and china is bad

TBQH it amazes me how europe is so stable still after all this time

but like if u want to think about it the united states would look like that exactly if we didn't kneel to a federal king

Bardp1999
08-18-2021, 01:17 PM
Africa is an AIDS infested war zone - literal definition of 3rd world countries

If by "freedom" you mean working in a mine under armed guard from the age of 9 and the threat of your family being killed, then it's a great place

Whale biologist
08-18-2021, 01:21 PM
I see what you're saying, but why include the EU? It's a federal state.

e: is it because they have muslims? :rolleyes:

Jibartik
08-18-2021, 01:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/bqwX5LC.png

What u will see in the next centuray or so if we survive it is the dissolution of those borders and those tiny mountainous countries into the bigger geographic groups

https://i.imgur.com/EVQ3yQH.png

Jibartik
08-18-2021, 01:35 PM
Do you ever notice, that the older a country is, the more lethargic and disillusioned its people are?

I have this little theory that all the young and hopefull spirited people move to the new lands to build new things and experience new worlds.

But now we're all full up, so the newest people (Canadians) are even turning into shit (Americans the 2nd newst have shown that we turned to shit already)

I think that the next world power, will be a decentralized opt in digital goverment that exists on the web. To become a netizin you will pay a tax that is used to create ID's and build a digital infistructure that netizins will be able to have exclusive access to, like affordable healthcare, and better technlogy etc.

Eventually the markets in this exclusive online community will grow so big that they take over the current internet markets, making this digital "country"s economy, stronger than the rest... the same way Amazon and Apple became stronger economically than the US goverment.

They will build consoluets around the world, and they will negotiate saftey for members of its citizens when visiting various countries.

By the time it becomes too big to fail, the netizins, some of the smartest people on earth, will have already built nukes, and people like elon haven proven private companies can put them on rockets, giving them a power to defend themselves against goverments of the world deciding that they dont want them there.

Punish a netizin in any country, and feel the wrath of our digital goverment.

We will own the earth one day.

Become a netizin now.

Trexller
08-18-2021, 01:40 PM
Do you ever notice, that the older a country is, the more lethargic and disillusioned its people are?

China is like the oldest country on earth, and its people are vicious, brutal and extremely hard working.

Jibartik
08-18-2021, 01:44 PM
China is like the oldest country on earth, and its people are vicious, brutal and extremely hard working.

Lol what propaganda do it watch

They’re drones.

If you want to try to challenge my biggoted statement the maybe try bringing up an actual decent country isntead of a dystopia?

Gustoo
08-18-2021, 03:02 PM
It really depends on what you mean by freedom. Usually we are paying taxes or homage or deference to someone, in some way. In America we were told we were free but people are unfortunately coming to realize that we are mostly free to pay to buy things and free to work non stop and free to pay to sleep anywhere.

The unfortunate thing is that there isn't really an option to opt out of this program as we and others like us have gone to most all regions and included them in this system in one way or another. No one is really left alone to go about their own business.

Afghanistan was my favorite multiplayer level in modern warfare 2. Good times when that map was on rotation all the time.

Netizenship is close to what I have read in sci fi books and you can see that it is more viable than one might think. The concept of identity ownership is very interesting in the present day. Does the United States own your identity, or do you? Why would they own it? What does ownership mean?

It's possible to make things better. We don't have a problem of limited resources we have a problem of unlimited greed. It seems whenever someone piles up wealth for themselves, they can think of many reasons why they deserve it why they earned it why someone else isn't worthy of it and why they shouldn't share it.

I mean you would think a billionaire would give 100 dollar tips to every single individual working in every single restaurant he or she ever goes to, just for fun.

But theres a hundred made up reasons why these guys decide not to do that, even though a random 100 dollar for a lot of restaurant workers can be a game changer or at least make their month or week totally gravy.

Ooloo
08-18-2021, 03:13 PM
It really depends on what you mean by freedom. Usually we are paying taxes or homage or deference to someone, in some way. In America we were told we were free but people are unfortunately coming to realize that we are mostly free to pay to buy things and free to work non stop and free to pay to sleep anywhere.

The unfortunate thing is that there isn't really an option to opt out of this program as we and others like us have gone to most all regions and included them in this system in one way or another. No one is really left alone to go about their own business.

Afghanistan was my favorite multiplayer level in modern warfare 2. Good times when that map was on rotation all the time.

Netizenship is close to what I have read in sci fi books and you can see that it is more viable than one might think. The concept of identity ownership is very interesting in the present day. Does the United States own your identity, or do you? Why would they own it? What does ownership mean?

It's possible to make things better. We don't have a problem of limited resources we have a problem of unlimited greed. It seems whenever someone piles up wealth for themselves, they can think of many reasons why they deserve it why they earned it why someone else isn't worthy of it and why they shouldn't share it.

I mean you would think a billionaire would give 100 dollar tips to every single individual working in every single restaurant he or she ever goes to, just for fun.

But theres a hundred made up reasons why these guys decide not to do that, even though a random 100 dollar for a lot of restaurant workers can be a game changer or at least make their month or week totally gravy.

Why don't you give out 100 dollar tips? I'm sure you could, why don't you? Only billionaires can? Being envious of the rich isn't the same as caring about the poor fyi. Almost everyone who advocates for redistribution is just jealous of rich people and covets their wealth. It's unhealthy. It's always: "Other people, who are not me, should be forced to help the poor. Can you believe how virtuous I am guys??"

Trexller
08-18-2021, 04:05 PM
If you want to try to challenge my biggoted statement the maybe try bringing up an actual decent country isntead of a dystopia?

yeah i meant dystopia or utopia, drones or not, bigoted or not, they really are taking the world by storm and none of us can stop them or slow them down.

This due to the vicious brutal nature of chinese society, you gotta function like a hive mind to get that far that fast. so you are on point calling their citizens drones.

Gwaihir
08-18-2021, 04:22 PM
yeah i meant dystopia or utopia, drones or not, bigoted or not, they really are taking the world by storm and none of us can stop them or slow them down.

This due to the vicious brutal nature of chinese society, you gotta function like a hive mind to get that far that fast. so you are on point calling their citizens drones.
We're gonna need Jedi, Pokesan. And more of them.

Gustoo
08-18-2021, 04:35 PM

Ridiculous.

You don't "gotta" do anything to get far and fast. How do you even measure success? How much resources can be pillaged in a given length of time? How many ethinic minorities can be starved to death or just buried alive in a given length of time?

God knows the USA has demonstrated extreme efficiency even considering the limitations of the times when we decimated the native american population here. Do you want the USA to further demonstrate efficiency / success / prowess in this regard in order to bolster our esteem or something?

Taking the world by storm? Again, by what measure? By helping create actual environmental disasters "storms" By directly exploiting more people than the USA does because we are sure to exploit more indirectly?

Absolutely ridiculous.

How about we think about what makes a civilization thrive, and become actually prosperous. How about we define what prosperity should look like and then decide how to move towards that prosperity?

China and russia are playing catch up in a game where there can be no winners.

If they took their authoritarian power, and chose to forge a country where people can thrive and prosper, where society is worth living in, and where corruption and exploitation were stamped out at every turn and where social equity was based on an actual measure of righteousness as demonstrated by contribution to the well being of the total society, then they would have a winner on their hands. Then they would have a culture that could take the world by "storm" as you put it.

As it is they are working on an exploitation machine that the "USA" continues to enable by using their nation as a manufacturing pit in the ground for the gain of our corporations and the detriment of all USA and Chinese people.

These kinds of machines go no where and end with some psychopath sitting on a pile of paper money surrounded by skeletons of the loved ones he betrayed wondering if he MAYBE might have done something wrong, and then deciding "no, they were wrong, I was right" as he takes his final breath before becoming unconscious from fumes and overtaken by flames.

Their garbage fate is tied to our garbage fate in the system that we can't seem to point in a better direction.

Gwaihir
08-18-2021, 05:03 PM
bolster our

what makes a civilization thrive, and become actually prosperous.

righteousness
a better direction.

>Bolster our righteousness; a better direction

Amen

What he's saying is, the server's a little short on paladins.

Gustoo
08-18-2021, 05:32 PM
Paladins yeah, but halfling paladins worshipping Bristlebane, because if you take the Pharisee / Taliban approach you define "good" as simply adherance to a rulebook someone made, where unfortunately "good" is not so much about making sure you follow a set of rules but demonstrate and practice care for others, since we are all given different gifts and their purpose is not to be squandered by hoarding good for ourselves.

But ya pallies.

Don't tell anyone I'm going to play a paladin on red 2.0

starkind
08-18-2021, 09:53 PM
ya my post was entirely in jest and i don't want to slam rich ppl or the power elites with this one, i just think its rather silly how ppl complain and how ppl are prideful simultanously about freedom and stuff the lack there of or how great it is

tbqh i struggle deeply with class/race choice and i find every time i roll a shadowknight or rogue or warrior i just want to play a healer and when i'm a healer i just want to chill and play like a necromancer or wizard and no one is really stopping me from being a lot of those classes, tho i don't have the licence to be a healer, maybe i could be a shaman or monk, or even a pally with LoH but like

i do think we need more pallies, can never have enough

and I do think it's crazy when western ppl make fun of the area I circled without understanding the big picture and without thinking about how big the world really is

the internet is changing us fast

in 1910 most ppl wouldn't have talked to someone from the oppose coast or two states away

in 1700 every town had it's own dialect and way of speaking and the factory was the towns identity

etc...

i was definately being facetious and very flippant with my OP and I do think in some ways that part of the world is more free and culturally diverse, i'm sure the guy running the lithium mines thinks so, but also, that villager has a better opportunity to escape those lithium mines than u say probably to escape walmart or w/e wierd gated community u live in

than again i'm a crazy hermit with psych diagnosese and i really find the rest of the way people live pretty strange, not neccissarily distasteful even tho i larp it, and it's mostly just strange to me and it's easier to bully everyone about what i dont understand hoping someone will enighten me like when we talked about raising kids in that thread that got derailed, i get it, why u weird people do that, even tho i never will and still think its insane