PDA

View Full Version : Necro tricks for going through doors?

garfo
08-17-2021, 05:47 PM
Hi hi,

I've seen plenty of videos of enchanters using the gnome/stalking probe trick to push through locked HS doors -- is there any similar trick available for Necros?

Jeni
08-17-2021, 05:56 PM
https://youtu.be/Hvr_pFxqVCo?t=132

garfo
08-17-2021, 07:26 PM
So it's skele illusion + shadow step?

Baler
08-17-2021, 07:37 PM
Hi hi,

I've seen plenty of videos of enchanters using the gnome/stalking probe trick to push through locked HS doors -- is there any similar trick available for Necros?

Shaman can do this too using shrink and bear form.

You can probably use skele illusion, then shrink pot once or twice and do the stalking probe trick. May take several tries.

It was one of my coolest tricks when I played shaman.

---
Technically speaking if one knows how to line it up perfectly and has the right timing, any class can do it with clickies. But I can't vouch this.

Jimjam
08-17-2021, 07:40 PM
On live my halfling would run in to a door while casting skeleton illusion and spam mouseclick on where the buff icon would be about to show up. That would usually work.

NPC potion vendors sell shadowstep for just 10pp a pop

DeathsSilkyMist
08-17-2021, 08:02 PM
I don't think Shadowstep works through doors on P99. At least when I tried, you would never go through a closed door, just everywhere else around the room.

But anyone with an illusion spell can do the trick. You need a Shrink Pot, an illusion spell, and stalking probes to do the trick.

Toxigen
08-17-2021, 08:17 PM
https://youtu.be/Hvr_pFxqVCo?t=132

taggley might be one of the realest, most OG folk still doin it here

Ravager
08-17-2021, 09:20 PM
I find opening doors lets you go through them.

Jimjam
08-18-2021, 11:10 AM
I don't think Shadowstep works through doors on P99. At least when I tried, you would never go through a closed door, just everywhere else around the room.

It works on the 'door' in to hole, but that may be as there are holes in it.

DeathsSilkyMist
08-18-2021, 01:59 PM
It works on the 'door' in to hole, but that may be as there are holes in it.

Yeah I think that would be the exception to the rule, that door is very unique compared to most doors. When I did my test, it was on doors in Neriak, not even locked. Couldn't pass through them with shadowstep.

noleriand
08-18-2021, 11:40 PM
You can shadowstep once you have glitched into the door and it can put you through.

Can also get others through doors by dueling and ignite bones'ing them. Once they glitch in they pop an eye and glitch through like normal. I imagine that Neb's Warbone proc would work similarly.

DeathsSilkyMist
08-19-2021, 11:37 AM
You can shadowstep once you have glitched into the door and it can put you through.

Can also get others through doors by dueling and ignite bones'ing them. Once they glitch in they pop an eye and glitch through like normal. I imagine that Neb's Warbone proc would work similarly.

Ah if you are glitched into the door already, that makes sense. But at that point, once you have glitched into the door, Stalking Probes would be more consistent. Shadowstep could still put you on the wrong side of the door, and getting glitched into the door is the majority of the trick hehe.

noleriand
08-23-2021, 03:52 PM
Shadowstep could still put you on the wrong side of the door

Oh believe me, I know haha, but somebody asked how to shadowstep through doors! Only time I use it over an eye-based method is if I have a pet up.

Senn
08-24-2021, 10:23 PM
I don't think Shadowstep works through doors on P99.

It works fine. I use it to get past the locked door to Royals in Chardok.

bomaroast
08-24-2021, 10:33 PM
This shit needs to be fixed.

Krinkill
10-20-2021, 03:14 PM
Yeah i mean, people could get into seb crypt without waiting on a rogue to open the door for them, the economy would flatline within seconds.