PDA

View Full Version : warrior list updates?

feste
06-03-2011, 03:05 PM
I was wondering if there is any updates to this list since kunark came out for us pre-planar types.

specifically the weapons I suppose. last time I logged on was before kunark and had a general plan for stuff.

this link here in fact: pre-planar warrior list (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Players:Gear#Warrior)

I was working my way through it and was just about to buy my second obsidian shard but now I don't know. Is it still just procs that taunt or does melee damage play a role now? I'm only level a 18 dark elf so it doesn't matter all that much at the moment but I do like plans lol.

anyway ty in advance.

Zaste, level 18 War.

Pillow Armadillo
06-03-2011, 03:15 PM
You can't go wrong with shards at 20. In terms of gaining and holding aggro, warriors need to rely on proccing weapons far more heavily than other tanks who have the ability to gain aggro via spells (like Disease Cloud :mad:)

Additionally, Obsidian Shatter was recently given a nice aggro buff (along with Ykesha and a handful of other procs). To the best of my knowledge, Obsidian Shatter is a 30 point dd with an AC debuff, certainly nothing to scoff at when you're level 20.

Edit: To answer your proc-vs-damage aggro question - it's all about the procs. You'll never outdamage a monk, and my higher damage weapon set of Jarsath Trident & Cane of the Tranquil did nothing to hold aggro with monks or rogues in my group.

Spangabab
06-06-2011, 01:55 AM
What other weapons are useful for warrior tanking?

My warrior (17) has an iksar berserker club and kunzar war dagger, would those be useful? Or should I get two obsidian shards despite being much weaker in terms of overall dps? I also have a deadwood stave that procs at 30, would that be an upgrade to the shards / my current weapons?

Any info would be great, I know procs > the world, but dunno if raw damage output can out-produce in terms of agro.

deneauth
06-06-2011, 02:08 AM
Last March, while leveling my Warrior I used a Gnoll Hide Lariat and an Obsidian Shard all the way to the 40's when i finally aquired Painbringer from Royals in Sol B. Lariats are an underrated weapon because they output little damage, but Stun really pisses mobs off. After that it has been Yaks all the way. Only a hand full of weapons out aggro duel SSoY's post kunark, they are still a solid aggro combo.

feste
06-08-2011, 08:12 PM
thanks for the input guys =) ill just stick to the shards then.

Dantes
06-09-2011, 03:13 PM
This might be worth a shot for lowbie warriors:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=246

Whip of Strangulation, 6/24 procs choke at level 10, which is a DoT + debuff to STR/AGI. Mobs generally hate debuffs. In theory it should be awesome, and it's got a slightly better ratio than the O-shard.

Consider a Kisch Der Pavz at level 20 too, if you can find one cheap. Strong poison does shit tons of damage, and generates "ok" aggro, it's a good offhand weapon with it's 10 base damage.

feste
06-09-2011, 03:47 PM
nice dantes i love more options and whips look cool imho.