PDA

View Full Version : Biden Cucks To OPEC

Thorgrimm
08-11-2021, 07:35 PM
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/11/as-gas-prices-rise-white-house-says-opec-action-is-simply-not-enough-calls-for-ftc-scrutiny.html

The White House is calling on OPEC and its oil-producing allies to boost production in an effort to combat climbing gasoline prices, amid concerns that rising inflation could derail the economic recovery from Covid.

Biden administration officials spoke with representatives from OPEC’s de facto leader Saudi Arabia this week, as well as with representatives from the United Arab Emirates and other OPEC+ members.

wIioQKw6Z2k

Whale biologist
08-11-2021, 07:44 PM
OPEC isn't a player anymore, he's just being polite.

Gatordash
08-11-2021, 07:49 PM
Its gonna be awkward when our electrical grid can't handle all the power electric cars take to charge.

Nocht
08-11-2021, 07:51 PM
Inb4 lock

Trexller
08-11-2021, 07:56 PM
Gas is like 3.75 a gallon where i live. 2 years ago it was almost half that. Thanks O'Biden.

Remember that beautiful, toned, sexy, utterly perfect 10 energy independence?

https://i.imgur.com/zsVoNzT.jpg

branamil
08-11-2021, 08:04 PM
Try to imagine the kind of person that vents political frustrations on an obscure 1990s gaming forum visited by like 12 people. Yep. He's probably just as you imagine him.

Trexller
08-11-2021, 08:09 PM
bruh thats all of us on both sides. you new here?

Common ground: hot chicks pumping gas for a charity fundraiser.

HalflingSpergand
08-11-2021, 08:27 PM
Try to imagine the kind of person that vents political frustrations on an obscure 1990s gaming forum visited by like 12 people. Yep. He's probably just as you imagine him.

Jealous?

hobart
08-11-2021, 09:23 PM
Gas is like 3.75 a gallon where i live. 2 years ago it was almost half that. Thanks O'Biden.

Gas prices were $3.25 under President Bush. In 2008. 13 years later they are $3.19 under President Biden. What else is cheaper now than it was 13 years ago?

Are you trying to say that President Biden is the greatest president in US history and that Democrats are better stewards of the economy? I am not sure I agree with that, but I see your point.

Thorgrimm
08-11-2021, 09:44 PM
Gas prices were $3.25 under President Bush. In 2008. 13 years later they are $3.19 under President Biden. What else is cheaper now than it was 13 years ago?

Are you trying to say that President Biden is the greatest president in US history and that Democrats are better stewards of the economy? I am not sure I agree with that, but I see your point.

This is probably the first post you've ever made where you didn't mention Trump

Trexller
08-11-2021, 09:59 PM
That right bro? lemme get a hand finding that last post of mine mentioning trump.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/search.php?searchid=19814636

Trexller
08-11-2021, 10:02 PM

That right bro? really cant believe anything you read I guess

https://www.statista.com/statistics/204740/retail-price-of-gasoline-in-the-united-states-since-1990/

Gravydoo II
08-11-2021, 10:05 PM
biden is living rent free in your heads

Jibartik
08-11-2021, 10:11 PM

I was like, wow that's crazy maybe things are not so bad!? So I went to go look and it turns out to be completely false and yes we are in the end times.

https://i.imgur.com/uqDRW27.png

Trexller
08-11-2021, 10:11 PM

biden is squatting rent free in the mansion in D.C.

like all US presidents have done for what, the last 75 years?

or

When was the last time we had a president who was elected for the people, by the people?

Have we ever? Our first president was appointed.

Regardless, I'll choose this nation over any other, flaws and all.

Whale biologist
08-11-2021, 10:13 PM
I was like, wow that's crazy maybe things are not so bad!? So I went to go look and it turns out to be completely false and yes we are in the end times.

https://i.imgur.com/uqDRW27.png

Rader
08-11-2021, 10:31 PM
biden is squatting rent free in the mansion in D.C.

like all US presidents have done for what, the last 75 years?

or

When was the last time we had a president who was elected for the people, by the people?

Have we ever? Our first president was appointed.

Regardless, I'll choose this nation over any other, flaws and all.

Thorgrimm
08-11-2021, 10:35 PM

Squatters are living rent free because Biden pulled down his diapers and shat all over The Constitution

Trexller
08-11-2021, 10:38 PM

2016 what? the year you lost your virginity? grats bro!

or something else?

hobart
08-11-2021, 10:39 PM
Go to the EIA.gov site.

Not sure this link will work. Don't care enough to post an imgr.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=emm_epm0_pte_nus_dpg&f=m

July of 2008 is the highest gas prices across the board have ever been. Not at your shitty station. Not your preferred grade with your discount card. Not in your low-taxed state. Not in your high-taxed state. Across the board. Ever.

The highest ever price for a gallon of regular gas was $4.11 in July of 2008 - AAA

Some of you are too young or too stupid to have opinions.

hobart
08-11-2021, 10:43 PM
Squatters are living rent free because Biden pulled down his diapers and shat all over The Constitution

The constitution has nothing to do with it, but the eviction moratorium has been handled terribly across the board at the local, state, and federal levels.

Sad to see sleepy joe carry over Trump's policy. Sad, but not surprising.

Trexller
08-11-2021, 10:45 PM
Go to the EIA.gov site.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=emm_epm0_pte_nus_dpg&f=m

July of 2008 is the highest gas prices across the board have ever been. Not at your shitty station. Not your preferred grade with your discount card. Not in your low-taxed state. Not in your high-taxed state. Across the board. Ever.

The highest ever price for a gallon of regular gas was $4.11 in July of 2008 - AAA

Hobart that sounds like something written by me, only, if it were a wish.com knockoff

Thorgrimm
08-11-2021, 10:47 PM
Go to the EIA.gov site.

The Economy crashed that year. It's no surprise.

You're flailing about bringing up Bush (Who went to war in Iraq for oil) and strangely not mentioning the previous 4 years when we became energy independent and were exporting energy. Gas Prices were low and life was good.

Biden cancels Keystone. Gas Prices are skyrocketing on his watch. Inflation is spiraling out of control, further compounding the pain.

Now he's begging OPEC for oil as Afghanistan is going back up in flames.

If you think Gas Prices are bad now, wait until war breaks out in the ME again.

The constitution has nothing to do with it, but the eviction moratorium has been handled terribly across the board at the local, state, and federal levels.

Sad to see sleepy joe carry over Trump's policy. Sad, but not surprising.

Uh yea man

It has everything to do with it. He didn't have the authority and neither did the CDC.

Jibartik
08-11-2021, 11:38 PM

it did jump up like almost a dollar when the democrat got in did you notice?

imperiouskitten
08-12-2021, 04:40 AM
https://i.imgur.com/zsVoNzT.jpg

and here i thought you were a poster with, or mentally stuck-at, the age of 15. now i KNOW but still want u to carry on ;)

Trexller
08-12-2021, 05:55 AM
and here i thought you were a poster with, or mentally stuck-at, the age of 15. now i KNOW but still want u to carry on ;)

posted as a lament to the loss of Beautiful Energy Independence.

just jelly

you would lie, cheat, steal, kill, or die to be her.

imperiouskitten
08-12-2021, 08:55 AM
posted as a lament to the loss of Beautiful Energy Independence.

just jelly

you would lie, cheat, steal, kill, or die to be her.

why are u going off on me for complimenting ur pic?... OHHHH. bruder i know you can't read, so ur gonna find this one funny. actually what I communicated was "poast moar". cuz i like looking at pretty people too, and also because --

I don't compare myself at 30 to emptyheaded 19-21 year olds in their bloom; I'm quite a bit rarer in fact. So there's no anxiety, which is why i wanted more pics lmao. U must be pretty close adjacent to some real soul sucking spiritual crises

So as you can see, the premise of your insult is dumb fucked and you can't tell your ass from a motherfucking hole in the ground. You can't process a sentence unless it is written extremely straightforwardly. You're intellectually underdeveloped kid, and everyone here can tell. as for me I just had sex with a 6'4" model (ss avail). Last time I posted body pics I was accused of catfishing lol. You really are uniquely stupid and illiterate even for these boards and I wouldn't say that if it weren't true. If you had any love in you for anybody you would be a better person by now. You are worthless and will be reincarnated as a bug

Unless you really are 15, then hit me up for life advice. I know all about them hormonal moods

Mesocyclone
08-12-2021, 09:15 AM
Make Big Oil and Opium Great Again

Whale biologist
08-12-2021, 09:47 AM
it did jump up like almost a dollar when the democrat got in did you notice?

I know you know better but you're doing it anyway. That's pretty funny. :p

Toxigen
08-12-2021, 10:02 AM
imagine shutting down the keystone XL pipeline right before completion

Mblake1981
08-12-2021, 10:46 AM

Which people?

Whale biologist
08-12-2021, 01:19 PM
Which people?

He means white people. The reprobate is not fully reformed. :p

Ooloo
08-12-2021, 01:22 PM
"People" means the citizenry of the united states, which includes people of all races. That's what it means.

Being racist toward white people is no better than any other form of racism. Racism is disgusting and wrong. Don't be racist.

Gravydoo II
08-12-2021, 01:30 PM
imagine shutting down the keystone XL pipeline right before completion

imagine voting to take away the ACA (obamacare) 50+ times, then when you actually have the votes to do it, you chicken out.

Imagine, saying for years, we're gonna cut the debt and deficit! We're gonna make sure everyone in america has insurance! We're gonna make sure that drug costs, go down! We're gonna give the richest people on earth a tax break, and that is going to give us a 6% rise in GDP and economic expansion nobody has ever seen before! Its going to boost the income of every american at least 4,000 dollars, each! We're gonna bring back factories and make the USA a manufacturing hub of the world!! We're gonna build the next generation of roads, bridges, and tunnels! Not cuts to medicaide or medicare, and social security! We're gonna lower the 19 trillion dollar debt! We're gonna make reforms for ethics for senators and presidents to make sure nobody can be corrupted while in power!! We're gonna pass background checks for gun buyers!

Imagine believing a word of that.

Gwaihir
08-12-2021, 02:21 PM
imagine voting to take away the ACA (obamacare) 50+ times, then when you actually have the votes to do it, you chicken out.

Imagine, saying for years, we're gonna cut the debt and deficit! We're gonna make sure everyone in america has insurance! We're gonna make sure that drug costs, go down! We're gonna give the richest people on earth a tax break, and that is going to give us a 6% rise in GDP and economic expansion nobody has ever seen before! Its going to boost the income of every american at least 4,000 dollars, each! We're gonna bring back factories and make the USA a manufacturing hub of the world!! We're gonna build the next generation of roads, bridges, and tunnels! Not cuts to medicaide or medicare, and social security! We're gonna lower the 19 trillion dollar debt! We're gonna make reforms for ethics for senators and presidents to make sure nobody can be corrupted while in power!! We're gonna pass background checks for gun buyers!

Imagine believing a word of that.

That sounds awesome.

I turned over some soil today. Gonna plant some garlic. I use a lot of garlic and I'm not satisfied with the current price trajectory on garlic in the grocery store. I went to Walmart to get a few things yesterday and they wanted $3.28 for two bulbs of garlic.

That's when I decided, yup, time to pull out the ole shovel again and turn over some earth.

I wouldn't grow pinto beans, wheat, or potatoes at this time, because it's still really cheap to just buy those.

My bell pepper, acorn squash, and various pepper plants are really thriving; producing a dozen acorn squash, and 5 or 6 lbs of peppers a week.

I'm up to my eyeballs in em making indian squash recipes, Naan, paneer (from whole milk with a cheesecloth thank you very much), Chile rellanos etc. Last night we did stewed beef cutlets with Mexican rice I stole from the commercial crop of tomatoes nearby that I reduced down to a paste before adding a lil chicken bullion to before steaming, and pinto beans with vegetable shortening and spices (Cumin, Chili Powder, Smoked paprika ((seriously get the smoked paprika it's worth the markup in price/lb)), and a lil garlic salt)

Ive been thinking about getting a good food dehydrator, but really I should just figure out how to dry peppers with the sun; shit's free.

Anyhow, I keep a 10lb bag of potatoes on the roster because if shit hits the fan and you can't just buy em for 25 cents/lb at the store, it's nice to know I have some potatoes on-hand, to cut and bury to make more potatoes in the future with.

Mmmm potatoes from the Future

Trexller
08-12-2021, 02:26 PM
why are u going off on me for complimenting ur pic?... OHHHH. bruder i know you can't read, so ur gonna find this one funny. actually what I communicated was "poast moar". cuz i like looking at pretty people too, and also because --

I don't compare myself at 30 to emptyheaded 19-21 year olds in their bloom; I'm quite a bit rarer in fact. So there's no anxiety, which is why i wanted more pics lmao. U must be pretty close adjacent to some real soul sucking spiritual crises

So as you can see, the premise of your insult is dumb fucked and you can't tell your ass from a motherfucking hole in the ground. You can't process a sentence unless it is written extremely straightforwardly. You're intellectually underdeveloped kid, and everyone here can tell. as for me I just had sex with a 6'4" model (ss avail). Last time I posted body pics I was accused of catfishing lol. You really are uniquely stupid and illiterate even for these boards and I wouldn't say that if it weren't true. If you had any love in you for anybody you would be a better person by now. You are worthless and will be reincarnated as a bug

Unless you really are 15, then hit me up for life advice. I know all about them hormonal moods

It was late, I had already taken my ambien but still couldn't sleep so things get weird. (ambien users know what I mean)

A cursory search did not provide any super hottie pics related to thread topics, just yet...

I'll find em. hotties can run, but they can't hide. Yeah, I know how that sounds. What the reader infers says more about them.

Trexller
08-12-2021, 02:27 PM
He means white people.

All people, even the morons. "All people" is NOT a microaggression against POCs. ffs I am one of em. I think? They used to call us yellow, but now i don't think we have a color anymore, which seems more racist. I'm gonna propose Olive Drab Green at the next korean meeting.

also Whale biologist doesn't carry the same clout IRL that it does on futurama, but helluva nod.

Mesocyclone
08-12-2021, 02:30 PM
The Good Lord is not real. But the Lord is.

Jibartik
08-12-2021, 02:33 PM
oil. ha!

https://i.imgur.com/R76YfC4.png

https://i.imgur.com/PY2giPX.png

Gwaihir
08-12-2021, 03:04 PM
oil. ha!

https://i.imgur.com/R76YfC4.png

https://i.imgur.com/PY2giPX.png

This from the Adam and Eve story?

Trexller
08-12-2021, 03:16 PM
jib you gotta mention the beaufort gyre and how its about to usher in a new ice age, at least for much of the higher latitudes.

Jibartik
08-12-2021, 04:10 PM
This from the Adam and Eve story?

https://i.imgur.com/jGfLkPU.png

https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP79B00752A000300070001-8.pdf

It's so good!

Noah (https://www.britannica.com/topic/Utnapishtim) was definitely real.

I am moving to pikes peek and building a shelter that can withstand subzero temperatures for 7 days. I will accept any refugees during the impending cataclysm.

Jibartik
08-12-2021, 04:33 PM
I was curious, when did climate change become a thing, and what was this geological study all about,

n the 1960s, the evidence for the warming effect of carbon dioxide gas became increasingly convincing. Some scientists also pointed out that human activities that generated atmospheric aerosols (e.g., "pollution") could have cooling effects as well

The US gov decided to do do a study in 1966 (where the Adam & Eve Story Cataclysmic theory comes up) and in this study they determined that, the rising temps were most likely due to this impending event.

Given that anytime in the next 100 years the earth could literally consume itself and start again, they determined that the people would absolutly lose their minds.

So instead, which is what is still redacted from the 1966 meeting itself, they determined that the only way to keep human's working during this end times senario that we find ourselves in, they would tell them that they could STOP it, if they just organized their trash, and made sacrifices to their own day to day and life at home.

putting all the onus on themselves, forcing us to spin our wheels, and not notice the sands of time leaving the hourglass that would change for no man.

We are heading for a tipping point, but that tipping point was inevitable, and every scientist agrees with the creationist, when we reach it the end is nigh.

Horza
08-12-2021, 04:36 PM
Conservatives really are this stupid.

Jibartik
08-12-2021, 04:39 PM
What I find most interesting about the study by the CIA is that they highlight essays about the formation of small nation sates after world war 2 and how these nations fall victim to corruption and why they disolve or collapse.

indicating that the study censored by the CIA after it's release in 2013 was also planning how a small goverment could rebuild after the cataclysm.

Horza, if you are a climate denier that's cool, I know you libs believe in magical crystals and metaphysics, but we're talking literally 100% of scientists here.

Ooloo
08-12-2021, 04:42 PM

There are many very intelligent conservatives just as there are many very intelligent liberals. They are meant to counterbalance one another, you are a one-party rule tribalist crazy person. Go live in north korea, no dissent there, you'll fit right in.

Trexller
08-12-2021, 04:59 PM

There are many very intelligent conservatives just as there are many very intelligent liberals. They are meant to counterbalance one another, you are a one-party rule tribalist crazy person. Go live in north korea, no dissent there, you'll fit right in.

just don't engage this guy. he's that kid in high school who acts a fool just to get attention.

Jeffrey Dahmer would eat boogers and other pranks like making weird loud noises at random times just to be disruptive get other students to laugh.

Horza is Jeffrey Dahmer.

Gravydoo II
08-12-2021, 05:18 PM
lol.. when you sit at home on your computer with a GED talking about climate science and how you know better than everyone else.

Weird how fossil fuel industries literally pay people to say "global warming is fake, the earth is naturally getting hotter, man made pollution is fake" yadda yadda.. Weird how those guy, who get paid by that industry, always say the same things. Almost like, they were told to say it..

Meanwhile, the wind turbines are "slowing down the wind" and "hurting god" because its against nature.. LOLOLOL hilarious.. Gotta love the stupid. Who else is gonna go first??

Whale biologist
08-12-2021, 05:25 PM

Salty. Sorry you don't got supermajority since 1928.

Gravydoo II
08-12-2021, 05:28 PM
They

whos they?

Jibartik
08-12-2021, 05:34 PM
https://i.imgur.com/O08tPQO.png
https://i.imgur.com/icXKwhS.png
https://i.imgur.com/AGGigug.png

Trexller
08-12-2021, 05:43 PM
lol.. when you sit at home on your computer with a GED talking about climate science and how you know better than everyone else.

Weird how fossil fuel industries literally pay people to say "global warming is fake, the earth is naturally getting hotter, man made pollution is fake" yadda yadda.. Weird how those guy, who get paid by that industry, always say the same things. Almost like, they were told to say it..

Meanwhile, the wind turbines are "slowing down the wind" and "hurting god" because its against nature.. LOLOLOL hilarious.. Gotta love the stupid. Who else is gonna go first??

Believe it or not, but I work in the solar energy industry. Wind turbines, while innocuous, are really quite useless. The energy they generate is technically more efficient than solar, yet the build scale which you require to generate any adequate power is massive (both in terms of # of turbines required and the land cost is untenable (millions upon millions of acres)

Solar panels on the other hand, do degrade over decades, yes they do. The manufacturing waste process is alot less than wind turbines (yet still like .000001% of fossil fuel use, yes, you can live with that.)

Wind turbines require alot of land space, as stated. The sun is VASTLY more abundant than wind, which doesnt always blow, requiring more energy storage facilities. (orders of magnitude more than solar energy storage requires, because even when the wind is blowing, wind fed grids are still pulling energy from a power plant somewhere, we will not be able to build enough of them to meet future energy requirements) With adequate solar arrays, they will backfeed the grid (in many homes, and some towns they already do), requiring orders of magnitude less land space.

Land space the only natural resource that we cannot make more of. Yes, we can make crude oil in labs if we want to. Can't do that with land.

Photovoltaic cells DO collect energy even on cloudy days, albeit less than bright and sunny days.

Solar Panels and smaller, modular Photovoltaic cells can be placed virtually anywhere. Your roof, your land, your car, your windows (yes, windows), your outdoor fixtures, your kid's swing set. moving onto the city level, sidewalks, street lamps, public trash bins, on ALL of their buildings, i could go on but you get the picture.

The amount of solar energy that hits the sun between the hour of 12-1pm is enough to power the planet for a year. Just one hour.

We are all idiots for not having invested all of our lives in the pursuit of solar energy. Its free, we don't have to dig it up, it comes to us on its own, it will still be there billions of years after humans are gone.

If we can do this right, we will never need another source of energy, ever again in the course of humanity.

I do not promise "off the grid" energy independence unless you drastically reduce your watt consumption, or unless you want to spend half your homes value on our systems. People really do draw a ridiculously stupid amount of electricity, all of us do.

Forget your solar tax credits, or your neighbor's jealousy, or your low electric bill (if you even have one after we install our systems)

Just Build a Movement, come hell or high water, we will get there.

https://www.powerhome.com/

Jibartik
08-12-2021, 05:45 PM
What is more realistic:

The goverment is going to --

a. tell its people that an impending cataclysm is coming and nobody can stop it.
or
b. tell its people that if they organize their trash and vote for the right people, they can fight to stop a global cataclysm.

Either way a global cataclysm is coming, and it's either natural, or your fault.

Jibartik
08-12-2021, 05:57 PM
☑️1960 classified goveremtn study:

https://i.imgur.com/H5cD8F3.png

☑️Military Presence in Colorado Springs (Pikes Peak)
- North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) (https://www.norad.mil/About-NORAD/Cheyenne-Mountain-Air-Force-Station/)

https://i.imgur.com/96OiVyB.png

https://i.imgur.com/2AC0aAt.png

Ooloo
08-12-2021, 06:03 PM
People forget how much time is available. The likelihood that any kind of major ecological event will occur during your brief blip in this world is infinitesimally remote. So it really boils down to a conflict between nihilism and humanism. How much do you pretend to care about future generations, and how much of that care is governed by a self absorbed desire to win an internet argument? It's the modern philosophy and it's interesting. When people get banned from twitter or youtube or even this forum, that progress is quashed. Everyone says hitler is bad while acting just like him, it's quite disturbing.

Jibartik
08-12-2021, 06:09 PM
People forget how much time is available. The likelihood that any kind of major ecological event will occur during your brief blip in this world is infinitesimally remote.

Totally agree with you on this but according to this study's calculations we are on approximately year 8,000 of a:

--year long repeating cycle.

And the reason they did the study was because temperatures started rising and people became concerned about it. And don't forget 100% of scientists agree: A man made climate tipping point is going to happen, or non man made one is. Either way we're at a tipping point, according to all of the critical minds.

So yea it could happen 100 years from now, I would have said that seems the case to me in the 90's but these days? IDK it could happen any day now.

Something is up, Greece and everywhere is on fire, insects are dying, lets take a moment to google how much each year has the polar shifts been increasing, ill bet it's been quite a bit and if we map the trajectory we're headed straight for an iceberg.

edit:

lets take a moment to google how much each year has the polar shifts been increasing, ill bet it's been quite a bit and if we map the trajectory we're headed straight for an iceberg.

Ah that wasnt difficult to find

Look's like it's moving at an exponentially faster rate if you ask me!

https://i.imgur.com/uzDlzOn.png

Whale biologist
08-12-2021, 06:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/uzDlzOn.png

I liked your story until now, this is stupid. International dateline lol.

Trexller
08-12-2021, 07:07 PM
bruh the international date line is an imaginary line that we drew, because we needed to quantify a specific point on the planet, so as to gauge other places... "Here, is not There" wild concept, I know.

Yes, magnetic fields are in motion. Go buy a compass and take readings from different places and times on earth. its literally that easy.

Also Jib is like half trolling. for all of those studies are counter examples from other well reknowned sources.

“The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.”

― Albert Einstein

But hey, even that guy could have been a hack, not like any of us can be sure.

Horza
08-12-2021, 07:35 PM
well reknowned sources.

:o

HalflingSpergand
08-12-2021, 07:48 PM
Jib have u been smokin crack today

Watch them rabbit holes boyos

HalflingSpergand
08-12-2021, 07:52 PM
Literally no one understands shitt here. Check out tides and how complex they are . When a scientist says something is a sure thing THEY LYIN

Jibartik
08-12-2021, 08:19 PM
Jib have u been smokin crack today

Watch them rabbit holes boyos

Y7iGmwmHePI

HalflingSpergand
08-12-2021, 09:40 PM
Hah

Thorgrimm
08-12-2021, 10:04 PM
Great time to be dependent on foreign oil again

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2021-08-12/biden-sending-troops-to-afghanistan-to-help-pull-americans-out-as-taliban-surges

WASHINGTON —

The Biden administration, struggling to contain the rapid collapse of much of Afghanistan to Taliban forces, on Thursday announced it was pulling most U.S. Embassy personnel out of Kabul and urged American citizens — for the second time in a week — to leave the country immediately.

Several thousand U.S. troops will be dispatched to Afghanistan, mainly the Kabul airport, to help with what is shaping up as a military-run partial evacuation.