PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Monk Guide

Tewaz
08-11-2021, 05:04 PM
Hey guys.

I made a guide for leveling/gearing a brand new Iksar monk following my experiences on Red and Green.

Let me know if you have any comments on it!

https://wiki.project1999.com/Trappist%27s_Iksar_Monk_Guide

Baler
08-11-2021, 05:05 PM
Thank You for Contributing To The Wiki!

Tewaz
08-11-2021, 05:27 PM
Thank You for Contributing To The Wiki!

I'm hoping to get a hidden note from you on how good it is

loramin
08-11-2021, 07:00 PM
My monk is a human so it's not for me, but it looks good :)

Twochain
08-12-2021, 04:36 PM
Nice guide man, honestly I learned a few things about intimidate that i didn't know before.

The one thing I'll add, is that if your a new monk, level 28+, splitpaw is pretty much the best "Monk School" zone there is. Practicing solo pulling the mobs before door is how I learned how to split, albeit in the sneak pull days.

To split two +mobs, the most ideal way to do so as a newly minted monk, is to agro them, (Shuriken is ideal for some distance, if nothing else use body agro) Let ONE mob reset back to it's spawnpoint, stand back up, create more distance, and flop again. The mob that didn't reset will path instantly back to it's spawn point. Once that mob resets, you have a solo pull!

Good luck out there, and if you're a new monk on the blue server, feel free to PM me with questions, OR, if you're new and looking for a couple pieces of nice gear to get you started, PM me and I will give you a quest, and in return you'll get a haste item and perhaps a nice weapon :)

Tewaz
08-12-2021, 05:04 PM
Interesting. I need to add a pulling section.

My trick is one one starts pathing back stand up to reaggro them both then flop again to reset the timer on the one that stays.

I need to try your way, it seems fantastic.

unsunghero
08-13-2021, 04:27 PM
Nice guide man. I’ll reference this if I ever roll a monk, because it will for sure be Iksar

Tewaz
08-15-2021, 09:27 PM
Nice guide man. I’ll reference this if I ever roll a monk, because it will for sure be Iksar

Thanks man!

dablackgoku1234
08-16-2021, 12:06 PM
for those who dont have a fungi or any twink gear, which stats should be focused on to reduce the amount of damage taken?

I'm finding at lvl 40 I get beaten up so much in splitpaw and need to wait 6 mins for mend to pop before killing another tech mal

Jimjam
08-16-2021, 12:28 PM
Plenty of AC, max hp helps as mend heals 25% of your max hp (including gear and I think buffs). Be mindful monks get low weight bonus / weight penalty on tanking way before encumbrance kicks in. Mage / shaman bags if you really need to loot lots of fine steel and don’t be shy of deleting coin. The aviak merchant can be used to sell and then convert those heavy coins / weapons in to low weight high value stackable gems.

Make sure you keep defence close to cap (if you do a lot of pulling / dps but no tanking you may not keep it capped) and don’t forget to train your other skills (block is particularly potent as a defence).

Spell AC falls under a different tier of AC cap so if you can keep AC buffs on (whether proc, click or simply other players) that can make a huge difference to your mitigation. There are usually Druids in SK from which to buy skin and regen buffs.

Tunabros
08-16-2021, 01:14 PM
Wiki monkeys playing the wiki more than the game

Pretty sure baler and Loramim are the same person

fortior
08-16-2021, 01:30 PM
for those who dont have a fungi or any twink gear, which stats should be focused on to reduce the amount of damage taken?

I'm finding at lvl 40 I get beaten up so much in splitpaw and need to wait 6 mins for mend to pop before killing another tech mal

Stop soloing as a melee at level 40, even as a monk. It's a bad idea. Even monks with a 200k twink budget duo with shamans.

Tewaz
08-16-2021, 02:45 PM

At 40 I kept doing guards in HHK focusing the top two floors, two at the zone line, and guards in the basement.

40 is when the shift in damage taken begins to dramatically effect you and some fights will just be pure bad luck with a blue landing multiple max hits. Don't afraid to feign and start over.

Also, for 40-50 I found using a 2h and weaving in fist hits to be very necessary to out DPS the mob.

Also, remember that using FD on a mob below 20% will cause them to flee even if you have low HP as well.

Jimjam
08-16-2021, 06:29 PM
Stop soloing as a melee at level 40, even as a monk. It's a bad idea. Even monks with a 200k twink budget duo with shamans.

Saying what needs to be said. Mobs do seem to start ramping up in difficulty with levels much more than players around this spot.

Philistine
08-17-2021, 02:01 AM
Great guide! Thanks for sharing!

The mobs auto-membluring under level 35 was news to me! Explains what a monk in my group in paw the other night wouldn't...couldn't figure out how he was splitting stuff so inexplicably fast lol

Keebz
08-17-2021, 03:41 AM

Speaking as a 200k twink monk, I solo'd just fine 1-55 thanks.

From 40, just do CT to 45/6. Then do specs/loio goblins to 51. Then HHK/Hole to 55. I solo'd large portions of 55-60 as well in Perma and the Hole. Don't forget to bring bandages.

I'd say 45+ it steps up a level, then again 51+ then yet again 57+.

Jimjam
08-17-2021, 09:28 AM

From 40, just do CT to 45/6. Then do specs/loio goblins to 51. Then HHK/Hole to 55. I solo'd large portions of 55-60 as well in Perma and the Hole. Don't forget to bring bandages.

I'd say 45+ it steps up a level, then again 51+ then yet again 57+.

Context of the thread is levelling gearing brand new, babe.

Good to have context for what works at different gear levels though.

Keebz
08-17-2021, 12:32 PM
I stand by my soloing path advice twinked or not. It overlaps with the guide mainly, but adds a couple places (namely, Cazic Thule and the Hole).

loramin
08-17-2021, 03:53 PM
Wiki monkeys playing the wiki more than the game

Pretty sure baler and Loramim are the same person

https://i.imgur.com/PC1LHbx.gif

Tewaz
08-17-2021, 04:18 PM
I like getting into the wiki game.

I need to do some work on the guide so I can hit Sesserdrix's level.

fortior
08-17-2021, 04:49 PM

And you did it slower than a duo would have, with fewer camp opportunities.

Keebz
08-17-2021, 06:12 PM
1-51 that's not true, but 51+ you may be right. Honestly though, 51+ you're probably just in the Hole, where the duoable spots are limited and a decent duo partner can be hard to come by. Might as well solo while waiting.

Jimjam
08-17-2021, 07:29 PM
I stand by my soloing path advice twinked or not. It overlaps with the guide mainly, but adds a couple places (namely, Cazic Thule and the Hole).

Have you any more specific advice for soloing in CT/Hole? Like camps, how to get to camp, the best ways go break in, where to afk, etc?

Ravager
08-17-2021, 09:18 PM
Iksar Monk Guide -- Step 1: Roll Iksar Monk. Step 2: Hit things with Iksar Monk. Step 3: Don't die. Step 4: Win because you're already playing cheat mode.

Keebz
08-17-2021, 09:18 PM
Bah, stop making me be constructive!

For CT, after the gator-alley start to green out, move to the sewers. There's like infinite mobs down there, including some gators that stay blue through 45. Pro-tip: bring an EB item for the gator hotel. The rest of the zone is fine as well, that is until other players show up and start taking mobs. Thankfully, virtually no one goes into the sewers. I usually do CT from 25-46 which is soul crushing, but quite fast.

I've done Sol A a ton as well, but the damage shields, clerics and lava traps are enough of a menace to for me to swear it off. If you do go that route, I'd suggest bringing a bag full of crystalized pumice to smooth over damage shields on everything (Bonus: Crystalized Pumice are also great for pulling).

For the hole, the entrance and the drop down area near CE are good, but green out around 55. At that point, move up into the castle near the balcony. You will have to learn where to pull the mobs to avoid wall casting, but the exp is better than most groups if you're geared enough, and you don't have to chain pull until nauseous.