08-01-2021, 12:41 PM
WnbUa04t4ho
No more free rides

blindedsoul
08-01-2021, 12:54 PM
By the grace of god there go I.

Pulgasari
08-01-2021, 01:27 PM
Why were they able to clear the camp? This is in the 9th circuit right?

Toxigen
08-01-2021, 02:04 PM
camp check

Gwaihir
08-01-2021, 02:36 PM
Spent way too much time on pleasure island turning into donkeys. The fucked up part is their drug-addled minds are so pickled that the damage to their temple is irreversible.

Gatordash
08-01-2021, 02:43 PM
Not my California

Gwaihir
08-01-2021, 02:47 PM
Reminder that their vote equally offsets yours, because their decision making skills are as good as yours.

Nocht
08-01-2021, 04:37 PM
Thats wild, I remember visiting California in 2001 going to Venice beach and the place was packed. Full of hot babes everywhere. There was a fair amount of homeless people but nothing like that. I remember a guy asking me for some money on the bus to buy a newspaper and I gave him some quarters and he literally got off the bus bought a paper laid down in the grass and used it as a blanket.

hobart
08-01-2021, 05:34 PM
You don't do anyone any favors by allowing them to live this way. To cloak this as some sort of "liberty" issue as the illiberal left does is nonsensical. As human beings we all have the same basic needs. This lifestyle doesn't meet basic needs which is why its abusive to let people live this way.

Reminder that their vote equally offsets yours, because their decision making skills are as good as yours.

Anyone who didn't vote Trump has better decision making skills than you do. You should aspire to being a drug-addled parasite who is too lazy to vote.

Pulgasari
08-01-2021, 05:48 PM
You don't do anyone any favors by allowing them to live this way. To cloak this as some sort of "liberty" issue as the illiberal left does is nonsensical. As human beings we all have the same basic needs. This lifestyle doesn't meet basic needs which is why its abusive to let people live this way.

Anyone who didn't vote Trump has better decision making skills than you do. You should aspire to being a drug-addled parasite who is too lazy to vote.

Blame it on Boise don't blame it on me.

Gwaihir
08-02-2021, 12:57 AM

Durr
Muh drumpf

Let's put em in work camps /s

"At least we're not speaking German!"

Nirgon
08-02-2021, 01:46 AM
WnbUa04t4ho
No more free rides

This rules

Gatordash
08-02-2021, 01:59 AM

All these homeless people walked two blocks inland and are setting up the same shit in alleyways. But the beach will be more tourist friendly again.

I dunno, I’m kinda second guessing my vote for Biden. The guy campaigned as a moderate democrat and has been anything but so far. I would have probably been happier with Bernie at this point.

nostalgiaquest
08-02-2021, 04:08 AM
German in Venice is a pretty good youtube channel. He's got all sorts of videos chronicling the homeless problem in LA. I grew up in california back before it went off the rails and it's just crazy to see it now.

Gwaihir
08-02-2021, 02:01 PM
All these homeless people walked two blocks inland and are setting up the same shit in alleyways. But the beach will be more tourist friendly again.

I dunno, I’m kinda second guessing my vote for Biden. The guy campaigned as a moderate democrat and has been anything but so far. I would have probably been happier with Bernie at this point.

In order to live better, one has to make the decision to live better.

Toxigen
08-03-2021, 01:56 PM
In order to live better, one has to make the decision to live better.

dont tell a liberal that

Gatordash
08-03-2021, 02:03 PM
dont tell a liberal that

You could probably sum up a large part of the Conservative vs Liberal debate as, Take responsibility for your actions VS blame others and make excuses.

Toxigen
08-03-2021, 02:18 PM
You could probably sum up a large part of the Conservative vs Liberal debate as, Take responsibility for your actions VS blame others and make excuses.

ding ding

Pulgasari
08-03-2021, 02:23 PM
Take responsibility for your actions

Yep. GOP is obligated to atone for Jan 6. they don't seem to be doing so though.

starkind
08-03-2021, 02:23 PM
imo letting ppl live in piles of filth and trash is inhumane

blindedsoul
08-03-2021, 02:33 PM
Try to understand this concept as I have talked with many homeless after sharing my meals with them.
Have you ever considered that most people in that scenario would not want to freeze to death with no community support so the majority of the united states homeless population travels to the more temperate California?

Men are blasting themselves off into space with rockets paying no patriotic tax contribution at all ZERO that could home every homeless person in America if we just had the salt to tax them again (60%+ prior to reagan over 10 mill) and instead we are blaming a helpless homeless population struggling to survive and eat?

If you get sick and become homeless, would you want to be treated the way your treating others?

(How many hundreds of thousands will your plan cover? Chances are it still wont be enough. We have US doctors suggesting gofundme for cancer treatments on people who have good insurance. 50% of People get a type of cancer in their lifetime on average)
(Trash concept my preference would be tiny homes homes with a trash bin near every one of them they work, cut down on trash and create security + residence to apply for jobs) https://youthspiritartworks.org/programs/tiny-house-village/

Be a part of the solution not the problem. " 100 Homes for 100 Homeless Youth "

Gatordash
08-03-2021, 02:40 PM

There are a ton of trash cans on Venice Beach. Why not just take the trash from your tent and put it in one of the hundred of trash cans there?

Jibartik
08-03-2021, 03:17 PM

Alan Grant (Sam Neill): Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions. (https://www.wbur.org/news/2013/10/23/community-mental-health-kennedy)

5q3LrwvLmOU

Gwaihir
08-03-2021, 07:53 PM
Try to understand this concept as I have talked with many homeless after sharing my meals with them.
Have you ever considered that most people in that scenario would not want to freeze to death with no community support so the majority of the united states homeless population travels to the more temperate California?

Men are blasting themselves off into space with rockets paying no patriotic tax contribution at all ZERO that could home every homeless person in America if we just had the salt to tax them again (60%+ prior to reagan over 10 mill) and instead we are blaming a helpless homeless population struggling to survive and eat?

If you get sick and become homeless, would you want to be treated the way your treating others?

(How many hundreds of thousands will your plan cover? Chances are it still wont be enough. We have US doctors suggesting gofundme for cancer treatments on people who have good insurance. 50% of People get a type of cancer in their lifetime on average)
(Trash concept my preference would be tiny homes homes with a trash bin near every one of them they work, cut down on trash and create security + residence to apply for jobs) https://youthspiritartworks.org/programs/tiny-house-village/

Tldr; we could give heroin addicts homes and that would "fix" them

Jibartik
08-03-2021, 07:55 PM
No moratorium extension for the people of Venice beach :(

hobart
08-04-2021, 12:44 AM

You could if sum it up that way if you were a simpleton. Trumptards can't even take responsibility for losing an election. Then again, Donald Trump and his followers are not conservative.

Twitter is not real life. Most of the people who bitch about liberals don't know any. Most of us who live amongst the most performatively woke just laugh at them.

Liberal and conservative don't mean anything anymore.

Thorgrimm
08-04-2021, 12:55 AM
You could if sum it up that way if you were a simpleton. Trumptards can't even take responsibility for losing an election. Then again, Donald Trump and his followers are not conservative.

Twitter is not real life. Most of the people who bitch about liberals don't know any. Most of us who live amongst the most performatively woke just laugh at them.

Liberal and conservative don't mean anything anymore.

Rent Free

Jibartik
08-04-2021, 01:05 AM
one not so nice way to put it might be

one side is a loser and blames everyone and the other side is a loser and blames everyone

unsunghero
08-04-2021, 01:59 AM

Simply throwing homes at homeless people is no solution at all

There are two kinds of homeless people: ones that are temporarily homeless and ones that are chronically homeless. The temporarily homeless are typically people who were high-functioning previously, and fell on some hard times. There are enough supports in place for these people to get off the streets again. These are the types of people who can schedule an appointment for a screening and qualify for a transitional shelter: which is a shelter you can stay at for an extended period of time such as many months. They typically will allow a grace period of a few weeks were the person can stay for free, then they attempt to find them some work such as working in a call center or a labor job that they can then use to pay a very low monthly rent, like $100-200

There is far more of the other type of homeless, the chronically homeless. These people were never high functioning, either due to mental illness or serious substance abuse or both. These people typically can not qualify for a transitional shelter, and even emergency shelters don't want to take them. Why? Because either their mental state causes them to be a danger to themselves or others, or else they need to be doing hard illegal drugs daily, which shelters will not tolerate. These people you cannot just throw a house at. It's been done and it always plays out the same. If you were not a high functioning individual, you don't have the mental capability of maintaining a home. So the home gets completely thrashed, until it becomes inhabitable. And all that money spent on building it is wasted. Now, something that is difficult to destroy, such as a large storage container furnished with metal furniture that can be washed, that actually could work, and is being done in places like california

But you won't ever solve the issue of chronic homelessness for a few reasons. You can't force someone into substance abuse treatment. And no insurances want to pay for seriously mentally ill people to be put into the residential treatment centers for months-years at a time. That is insanely expensive. You have the cost of paying all the staff, which is a high cost because they all need to be licensed and certified. Then you have the cost of getting the license to operate as a RTC. The cost of maintaining the building. Cost of everyone's medications. Cost of food. Etc. Insanely expensive. AND, you also have a large chunk of seriously mentally ill who don't recognize it, and therefore wouldn't willingly go to a residential treatment center. So then you have the ethical dilemma of getting a court to take away their rights, and force them into one

So because of these issues, you are only going to see more and more chronically homeless people. And it has NOTHING to do with there not being enough houses for them to live in

starkind
08-04-2021, 07:54 AM
Simply throwing homes at homeless people is no solution at all

There are two kinds of homeless people: ones that are temporarily homeless and ones that are chronically homeless. The temporarily homeless are typically people who were high-functioning previously, and fell on some hard times. There are enough supports in place for these people to get off the streets again. These are the types of people who can schedule an appointment for a screening and qualify for a transitional shelter: which is a shelter you can stay at for an extended period of time such as many months. They typically will allow a grace period of a few weeks were the person can stay for free, then they attempt to find them some work such as working in a call center or a labor job that they can then use to pay a very low monthly rent, like $100-200

There is far more of the other type of homeless, the chronically homeless. These people were never high functioning, either due to mental illness or serious substance abuse or both. These people typically can not qualify for a transitional shelter, and even emergency shelters don't want to take them. Why? Because either their mental state causes them to be a danger to themselves or others, or else they need to be doing hard illegal drugs daily, which shelters will not tolerate. These people you cannot just throw a house at. It's been done and it always plays out the same. If you were not a high functioning individual, you don't have the mental capability of maintaining a home. So the home gets completely thrashed, until it becomes inhabitable. And all that money spent on building it is wasted. Now, something that is difficult to destroy, such as a large storage container furnished with metal furniture that can be washed, that actually could work, and is being done in places like california

But you won't ever solve the issue of chronic homelessness for a few reasons. You can't force someone into substance abuse treatment. And no insurances want to pay for seriously mentally ill people to be put into the residential treatment centers for months-years at a time. That is insanely expensive. You have the cost of paying all the staff, which is a high cost because they all need to be licensed and certified. Then you have the cost of getting the license to operate as a RTC. The cost of maintaining the building. Cost of everyone's medications. Cost of food. Etc. Insanely expensive. AND, you also have a large chunk of seriously mentally ill who don't recognize it, and therefore wouldn't willingly go to a residential treatment center. So then you have the ethical dilemma of getting a court to take away their rights, and force them into one

So because of these issues, you are only going to see more and more chronically homeless people. And it has NOTHING to do with there not being enough houses for them to live in
Maybe prisons for nonviolent drug offenses and the mentally ill should be just a tiny bit nicer than the various versions of the Siberian gulag we operate now.

Also fix the economy and health care by allowing normal ppl to own business, be doctors, pharmacists etc.

Also stop using immigrants for hvac, agriculture, and tradeskills.

Oh wait, u couldn't have fancy golf courses and miles of cheep syndicated retail if individuals could choose alternatives to Walmart or the supermarket.

HalflingSpergand
08-04-2021, 08:03 AM
Being homeless is like playing Everquest except you live in a tent and don't play Everquest #drugcamp

In my state we would build giant skyscrapers for the homeless and the elevators would deliver the drugs of choice and yes it is beach front. It would house ever single homeless until they die. Although i don't think this would succeed because i have a theory about homeless. I theorize that the attention(mostly negative but positive too) from other people is their addiction. Also the chaos and danger of being homeless might have an addictive quality to certain people.

starkind
08-04-2021, 08:07 AM
Also if u want ppl to be healthy either pay them to be skinny or kill them for being fat and also shut down the usda and the sugar food corps. Also healthcare is a scam also plenty people are left uneducated as to how to protect themselves or their industry still operates in an injurious way. Also if u made cars and gasoline engine vehicles a death sentence u would immediately see improvement in ppls amount of walking and buying and sourcing locally. Also pesticides destroyed the environment and u need ppl eating the bugs and being responsible and healthcare/health insurance is a 90% scam for 90% of ppl.

Toxigen
08-04-2021, 08:08 AM
Maybe prisons for nonviolent drug offenses and the mentally ill should be just a tiny bit nicer than the various versions of the Siberian gulag we operate now.

Also fix the economy and health care by allowing normal ppl to own business, be doctors, pharmacists etc.

Also stop using immigrants for hvac, agriculture, and tradeskills.

Oh wait, u couldn't have fancy golf courses and miles of cheep syndicated retail if individuals could choose alternatives to Walmart or the supermarket.

or just supply the drugs for free and let those with no self control thin themselves out

much more cost efficient - just look at portugal

starkind
08-04-2021, 08:12 AM
Plus the trillions of metric tons of plastic and cardboard trash we ship around making Amazon and others rich and also ppl can't build their homes off of flood planes out of durable economic efficient materials.

Basically humans are to stupid to live and over 70% of the earths population only survives off the horrible fucked up world ending industrial processes making ppl sick and retarded and producing cheep highly potent addictions to substances and more.

Unleash the horsemens.

Toxigen
08-04-2021, 08:13 AM
Unleash the horsemens.

In some weird way I don't think we're too far off from this.

starkind
08-04-2021, 08:16 AM
or just supply the drugs for free and let those with no self control thin themselves out

I'm ok with this if I'm not going to get swatted or w/e cuz I shot or knifed or smashed or hung or whatever an undesirable shitting on the beach.

But u n me both know how untrue this world is and how in America it'd be trash ppl making the police evict us cuz we are clearly clean and refuse to feed wild animals.

HalflingSpergand
08-04-2021, 08:16 AM
Humans are pretty fuckin resilient i think you are underestimating us

starkind
08-04-2021, 08:18 AM
Humans are pretty fuckin resilient i think you are underestimating us

There's just a lot of u. Ur overall health and mortality rates are worse than ants and cockroaches to scale.

HalflingSpergand
08-04-2021, 08:20 AM
Yes even living in squalor we will survive
Jesus was born in a barn after all

Toxigen
08-04-2021, 08:23 AM
Yes even living in squalor we will survive
Jesus was born in a barn after all

The hay was changed regularly.

starkind
08-04-2021, 08:30 AM
Jesus was pretty special u have to admit.

Most ppl die of ebola or starvation (malnutrition) or gunshots or HIV in Africa these days. Probably can include undocumented trauma and suicide in that. Because people who won't stand up for themselves, defend themselves and their neighbors and children have to be horrifyingly broken in some way. Or are the walking dead.

Pulgasari
08-04-2021, 08:49 AM

Rat Paradise (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_Park)

Gatordash
08-04-2021, 09:11 AM
ADP numbers just came out. Turns out people are, in fact, not seeking employment. I wonder why :rolleyes:

starkind
08-04-2021, 09:19 AM
Rat Paradise (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_Park)

The caged rats (Groups CC and PC) took to the morphine instantly, even with relatively little sweetener, with the caged males drinking 19 times more morphine than the Rat Park males in one of the experimental conditions. The rats in Rat Park resisted the morphine water. They would try it occasionally—with the females trying it more often than the males—but they showed a statistically significant preference for the plain water. He writes that the most interesting group was Group CP, the rats who were brought up in cages but moved to Rat Park before the experiment began. These animals rejected the morphine solution when it was stronger, but as it became sweeter and more dilute, they began to drink almost as much as the rats that had lived in cages throughout the experiment. They wanted the sweet water, he concluded, so long as it did not disrupt their normal social behavior.[7] Even more significant, he writes, was that when he added a drug called naloxone, which negates the effects of opioids, to the morphine-laced water, the Rat Park rats began to drink it.

well well well

"Soda"

and sugary breads from walmart and now delivered to the door of ur trash palace by amazon...

Enakt project bluebeam.

nukem from orbit boi-s

Gwaihir
08-04-2021, 10:21 AM
Last night when I was turning over a little 9sqft triangular section for garlic planting in my backyard a rat slithered under the fence in front of me. And then it challenged me.
I shooed it away back under the fence, nudging it with my flat bladed shovel; it came back and starting biting at the blade of the shovel.
I nudged it back under the fence out of my garden, and it came back a third time hopping back and forth on its hind legs and zig zagging nips in on the shovel blade, so I jabbed it in half with a quick flick of the wrist and then pushed it's now dismembered body back under the fence.

Gravydoo II
08-04-2021, 11:31 AM
Just say it. You hate them...

unsunghero
08-04-2021, 11:38 AM

This is the secret solution in place all over the USA that no one wants to talk about: Don’t take their drugs away, even though they are illegal, and instead let the people kill themselves with them. Places like CA act like they don’t want to take away their drugs because they care about the homeless and their plight, but the reality is they know it speeds along their death. And a dead homeless person is one less problem

The average lifespan of an adult in the USA is like ~78yrs old. Know what it is for a chronically homeless person? 50

The only negative to this plan is emergency rooms. These cannot turn anyone away. So as the homeless slowly kill themselves from their drug use in front of everyone, they try to save their own lives by going into ER’s. Not only does this prolong their life, something the authorities don’t want, but it also racks up tons of ER expenses

Note: I am not condoning this “solution”, just being a realist and pointing out it is the solution the country has adopted

starkind
08-04-2021, 12:06 PM
I want to buy an institute and get funded with like 6 billion dollars and buy land.

People can than voulenteer to come on that land and farm it or develop it, build infrastructure, but they must adhere to my rule and not do dumb drugs and must learn things like building houses etc.

The community will then sell said produce for $$$ and fund itself. Anyone who feels rehabilitated enough can leave.

But I'm not paying u to sit on ur ass on my land.

They eat if they can feed themselves.

The land should be fertile enough if not there'll be plenty corpses to fertilize it.

If they are super smart geniuses and want to make nuclear reactors and robots to do all the work for them they can do that I won't stop them if they steal and use darpa tech, which shouldn't be controled by darpa anyway. No police. People will have to defend themselves. Guns a blazing or krava maga. And no military. U have to be able to work with ur buddies and defend ur land from the USA and dow chemical or DuPonT and Enron.

We'll have floaty gunships made outa bambo and laserbeams and god rods ( orbital rods in outer space of like heavy rocks). Maybe a plague device on a deadmans switch to keep the governments away from my land.

Pulgasari
08-04-2021, 12:21 PM
This is the secret solution in place all over the USA that no one wants to talk about: Don’t take their drugs away, even though they are illegal, and instead let the people kill themselves with them. Places like CA act like they don’t want to take away their drugs because they care about the homeless and their plight, but the reality is they know it speeds along their death. And a dead homeless person is one less problem

The average lifespan of an adult in the USA is like ~78yrs old. Know what it is for a chronically homeless person? 50

The only negative to this plan is emergency rooms. These cannot turn anyone away. So as the homeless slowly kill themselves from their drug use in front of everyone, they try to save their own lives by going into ER’s. Not only does this prolong their life, something the authorities don’t want, but it also racks up tons of ER expenses

Note: I am not condoning this “solution”, just being a realist and pointing out it is the solution the country has adopted

Obama tried to do something about it but you(plural) got big mad with 73? repeal attempts. Balanced budget my ass.

Jibartik
08-04-2021, 12:24 PM
I cant believe we so few Jonestowns.

Like how is the plot to The Village not a thing you see wealthy libs or separatists do regularly?

Pulgasari
08-04-2021, 12:25 PM
I cant believe we so few Jonestowns.

Like how is the plot to The Village not a thing you see wealthy libs or separatists do regularly?

The Village has a plot? :p

unsunghero
08-04-2021, 12:25 PM
Obama tried to do something about it but you(plural) got big mad with 73? repeal attempts. Balanced budget my ass.

What did Obama try to do?

Pulgasari
08-04-2021, 12:26 PM
What did Obama try to do?

The Affordable Care Act.

starkind
08-04-2021, 12:27 PM
The Affordable Care Act.

yikes

idk if obama really believed in that or he just wanted to look like he was being bipartisan

unsunghero
08-04-2021, 12:29 PM
The Affordable Care Act.

If we are talking about the homeless, they are already below the poverty threshold so they automatically all have heath insurance already

They just don’t typically use it because it is hard for them to physically get to doctor’s offices with no transport

starkind
08-04-2021, 12:31 PM
If we are talking about the homeless, they are already below the poverty threshold so they automatically all have heath insurance already

They just don’t typically use it because it is hard for them to physically get to doctor’s offices with no transport

i have va coverage and i still got billed for an exray cuz my united ccn who is the va contract wouldnt cover it lol

idk man

i think there is no such thing as free healthcare and homeless are just tired of getting a mountain of bills sent to their mother and fathers property or w/e and if they get a job than like a mountain of debt collectors come crashing down on them b4 they can save a penny to pay downpayment on a whatever it is u pay to rent a place, deposit, and they're like 'fuck it back to being homeless'

we really do need a bloody revolution maybe if we want a socialized medicine system that covers a few basic things even maybe even remotely equitably. but i dont actually believe in that and think it would still be shit probably lol because people are retarded as fuck and can't even do their own 1st aid, stop bleeding, help ppl in shock, fluttervalve, or trache tube, iv

Pulgasari
08-04-2021, 12:33 PM
https://i.imgur.com/FRtyr1l.png

unsunghero
08-04-2021, 12:34 PM
i have va coverage and i still got billed for an exray cuz my united ccn who is the va contract wouldnt cover it lol

idk man

i think there is no such thing as free healthcare and homeless are just tired of getting a mountain of bills sent to their mother and fathers property or w/e and if they get a job than like a mountain of debt collectors come crashing down on them b4 they can save a penny to pay downpayment on a whatever it is u pay to rent a place, deposit, and they're like 'fuck it back to being homeless'

we really do need a bloody revolution maybe if we want a socialized medicine system that covers a few basic things

Yeah you get fucked because you have VA coverage. If you had Medicaid you would have your medical completely covered, no co-pays, and no disqualifications for anything you request

It’s the middle class that gets fucked with healthcare, which is why Obama tried the affordable care act. Not the poor. The poor are set up good

starkind
08-04-2021, 12:36 PM
ok so we have an old person home (it's even a pretty good one by most standards IMHO) here and they have a few skilled staff but they don't have anyone who can give ppl insuline shots because a CNA (certified nursing assistant) isn't allowed to do an insulin shot only RNs

so this corp (unnamed) sends nurses remotely every day to do a insulin shot for these patients and it takes like 5 hrs (they wait for the patients and they gotta walk all over trhe building and there's charting and all kindsa bs regulatory stuff and the pharmacy is in a different place) and the bill is like 100k lol to the insurance company but serio8usly the insurance company has this worked out so this is actually a good thing for them

i'm not inflating or exhaggerating this story

also sorry, if u cant give urself a shot, or ur family cant, or some secretary cant put insulin in a needle and give it, u should fucking definately die and the government is definately killing ppl because almost anyone could do this, a child could with 99.9% safety.

Gwaihir
08-04-2021, 12:39 PM
The affordable care act was just how the government divested themselves of the cost of insuring the poor. They were already covered before. There were no tax decreases to offset their now reduced budget burdens.

They e done this with several industries. Same taxes, less overhead; increased budgets

Pulgasari
08-04-2021, 12:41 PM
The affordable care act was just how the government divested themselves of the cost of insuring the poor. They were already covered before. There were no tax decreases to offset their now reduced budget burdens.

They e done this with several industries. Same taxes, less overhead; increased budgets

Now that's fiscal responsibility! :cool:

unsunghero
08-04-2021, 12:46 PM
ok so we have an old person home (it's even a pretty good one by most standards IMHO) here and they have a few skilled staff but they don't have anyone who can give ppl insuline shots because a CNA (certified nursing assistant) isn't allowed to do an insulin shot only RNs

so this corp (unnamed) sends nurses remotely every day to do a insulin shot for these patients and it takes like 5 hrs and the bill is like 100k lol to the insurance company but serio8usly the insurance company has this worked out so this is actually a good thing for them

i'm not inflating or exhaggerating this story

also sorry, if u cant give urself a shot, or ur family cant, or some secretary cant put insulin in a needle and give it, u should fucking definately die and the government is definately killing ppl because almost anyone could do this, a child could with 99.9% safety.

Yeah, isn’t an insulin shot a super skinny needle just into the belly fat? Painless, and the least risk of infections of all the types of shots (intramuscular, intravenous)

I dunno exactly why health care costs became so inflated. I assumed it was because insurances were only offering to pay a portion, so the health care provider just increased the price so that they would get more money from the portion being paid. From doing research, I’ve read there are federal limits on how much you can charge for just about every medical procedure, however. So, Medicaid can point to those and say “this is the most we will pay for this procedure”, and because it’s a federal limit, the healthcare provider will have to lower their price to it

Gwaihir
08-04-2021, 12:52 PM
I haven't been to a doctor in 9 years and have zero recurrent prescriptions. I'll probably drop dead working to pay for all of your sins. Seek Christ, and you're welcome.

Pulgasari
08-04-2021, 12:56 PM
I haven't been to a doctor in 9 years and have zero recurrent prescriptions. I'll probably drop dead working to pay for all of your sins. Seek Christ, and you're welcome.

I thought they zeroed out the mandate?

Jibartik
08-04-2021, 01:06 PM
what is it just a random tiny fraction of the population they got in there now or what https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/08/03/breaking-news/mistaken-identity-lands-man-in-hawaii-mental-hospital-for-over-2-years/

Gwaihir
08-04-2021, 01:16 PM
I thought they zeroed out the mandate?

It's built into the price of premiums. If you have assets you could lose (IRAs, house etc) it's not optional to absorb that liability. Going uninsured is only a valid option if you have nothing to lose (which I once did)

unsunghero
08-04-2021, 04:04 PM
what is it just a random tiny fraction of the population they got in there now or what https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/08/03/breaking-news/mistaken-identity-lands-man-in-hawaii-mental-hospital-for-over-2-years/

That story was messed up. I remember hearing about a past college study where they had normal, neurotypical college psychology students commit themselves to a psychiatric facility and then see if they could talk their way out. Turns out they couldn’t. They were still called delusional and psychotic and even though they said this was just an experiment for a research paper, no one believed them. Lol, it went down as a black eye on the reputation of psych facilities. But this was at least a decade+ ago

Pulgasari
08-04-2021, 04:24 PM
That story was messed up. I remember hearing about a past college study where they had normal, neurotypical college psychology students commit themselves to a psychiatric facility and then see if they could talk their way out. Turns out they couldn’t. They were still called delusional and psychotic and even though they said this was just an experiment for a research paper, no one believed them. Lol, it went down as a black eye on the reputation of psych facilities. But this was at least a decade+ ago

Lol dude (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosenhan_experiment)

The second part of his study involved a hospital administration challenging Rosenhan to send pseudopatients to its facility, whose staff asserted that they would be able to detect the pseudopatients. Rosenhan agreed, and in the following weeks 41 out of 193 new patients were identified as potential pseudopatients, with 19 of these receiving suspicion from at least one psychiatrist and one other staff member. Rosenhan sent no pseudopatients to the hospital.

Jibartik
08-04-2021, 04:32 PM
See every side is insane.

reason: we closed asylums

starkind
08-04-2021, 08:51 PM
I've had five times now in my entire life been psychiatricly "hospitalized" tho the facilities weren't really hospitals.

Several of those where months long.

I'm not going to say I was wrongly imprisoned or whatever. And they where certainly not good times.

They all sucked. And the last time I didn't want to go part of that was causing me a great deal of stress. The others where for failed suicides.

These facilities could easily be improved and the Federal government and insurance institutions stands directly in the way of progress of this.

Idk. Maybe I'm an outlier. Because who's so bad at killing themselves that they survive it 4x? Idk. Last time was much less voluntary and more... like the police escorted me for safety reasons.

Really tho. It's pretty fucked up. However it's also necessary.

But if I was capable of it. I'd be a revolutionary. Instead of a stack of psychiatric case files and sucidiality.

unsunghero
08-04-2021, 10:44 PM
I've had five times now in my entire life been psychiatricly "hospitalized" tho the facilities weren't really hospitals.

Several of those where months long.

I'm not going to say I was wrongly imprisoned or whatever. And they where certainly not good times.

They all sucked. And the last time I didn't want to go part of that was causing me a great deal of stress. The others where for failed suicides.

These facilities could easily be improved and the Federal government and insurance institutions stands directly in the way of progress of this.

Idk. Maybe I'm an outlier. Because who's so bad at killing themselves that they survive it 4x? Idk. Last time was much less voluntary and more... like the police escorted me for safety reasons.

Really tho. It's pretty fucked up. However it's also necessary.

But if I was capable of it. I'd be a revolutionary. Instead of a stack of psychiatric case files and sucidiality.

The ones you are forced to go to are always going to be worse than the ones you can only voluntarily go to

So, in my state, there are two kinds of psych hospitals: Public, and Private. The public ones are open to people without insurance. This means that they are full of chronically homeless people, people with really bad substance abuse, and people with sometimes severe psychosis. Fights are very common, as is females being sexually harassed. They can be a huge culture shock to anyone who hasn't been homeless themselves and seen these sorts of things first hand on a daily basis. Even seeing someone having a psychotic fit engaging in very bizarre behavior can be disturbing for some people

The public psych hospitals are the only hospitals in my state that accept involuntary people. These people are sent following a failed suicide attempt, or else sent there by family members, friends, or professionals within the mental health field who fill out forms detailing why the person is a danger to themselves or others due to their mental health (involuntary committals)

The private psych hospitals only accept voluntary people, no involuntary. And they only accept people with insurance. Some of them in my state offer equine therapy where they bring horses in you can care for, dog therapy where they bring in therapy dogs to play with, they have art therapy, music therapy, and a gym. The food is top notch

So whenever I am talking to someone who is a danger to themselves to the point where we would have to force them into treatment, we will usually implore them "please come to the private hospital, I do not want to have to send you to public one against your will"

unsunghero
08-04-2021, 10:51 PM
Here's a little secret to avoid an involuntary committal: Don't open your door for police, and keep your doors locked. The police are the ones who come to serve the pick-up order from the psych hospital. They are NOT allowed to force entry into your home for a mental health pick up. They can and will attempt to open any door in your front or back yard that they can get to. If your door is unlocked, they are legally allowed to open it and go inside looking for you. If your door is locked, they are not allowed to break it down without a warrant (which they won't have for a mental health pick up, not unless you also committed a serious crime)

Just don't open the door for police, no matter how loud they knock and call for you. After around 72 hours the pick up order is dropped. Typically police will only make 1 or at most 2 attempts to pick the person up before they give up

HalflingSpergand
08-05-2021, 01:23 AM
IQqjDLjNLhM

Seek employment u hunks of shit!

Jibartik
08-05-2021, 01:50 AM
"based on your statements today, you're gonna have to go to the hospital, you dont have a choice."

:o

mqaie1IBHZg

HalflingSpergand
08-05-2021, 01:51 AM
Australia doesn't count

imperiouskitten
08-05-2021, 06:03 AM
im not mental whY YOU WANT ME IN HOSPITAL U GONNA VAX ME

starkind
08-05-2021, 09:02 AM
Australia doesn't count

haha they do that shit in the us too lol

i feel for that guy but that is fucking hilarious cuz it's kinda like exactly what has happened to me in the past and others i know

starkind
08-05-2021, 09:03 AM
Here's a little secret to avoid an involuntary committal: Don't open your door for police, and keep your doors locked. The police are the ones who come to serve the pick-up order from the psych hospital. They are NOT allowed to force entry into your home for a mental health pick up. They can and will attempt to open any door in your front or back yard that they can get to. If your door is unlocked, they are legally allowed to open it and go inside looking for you. If your door is locked, they are not allowed to break it down without a warrant (which they won't have for a mental health pick up, not unless you also committed a serious crime)

Just don't open the door for police, no matter how loud they knock and call for you. After around 72 hours the pick up order is dropped. Typically police will only make 1 or at most 2 attempts to pick the person up before they give up

thanks for the advice
ya i need to get better 'insurance' than the va coverage it's stupid lol