PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Bug Collection

Bigcountry23
10-28-2009, 11:59 PM
I can't get Blixkin Entopop to respond to What Bug Collection (which should triger some text about how he loves collecting bugs, but is missing some pieces, and then mention collecting them in a box and that he has a list) or "What Bug Collection Box" which should prompt him to give the 6 slot combinable container. He DOES respond to what list (you must turn in the list with the combined box) but it doesn't do much good without the box.

This is one of the most classic quests.

http://web.archive.org/web/20001031192734/http://eqdb.allakhazam.com/quest.html?quest=658

Bigcountry23
10-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Text:

hail
Hail, $name! My name is Blixkin Entopop. Have you seen the wonderful assortment of [spiders] and [beetles] that inhabit the thicket? I have quite an extensive [bug collection]. Be careful, though. I have seen many brave halflings fall beneath a [swarm] of clicking and hissing bugs.

spiders
There are many species of bugs out here. The most common are the fire beetles. If you are hunting them, make sure their queen is not around or you will be in deep trouble. Their eyes are a popular item for adventurers because they give off light as if they were on fire. I even had one warrior try to kill [Ember] for her eyes!!

ember
I raised Ember from an egg. She is my faithful pet and quite smart for a beetle. There are plenty of other bugs to squish, out in the thicket, so you had best leave her alone or I will have to SQUISH you!

swarms
Bugs tend to swarm and defend others of their species when they are attacked. So keep your eyes peeled if you intend to squish any of them.. And you'd better not even THINK of squishing [Ember] or you will be sorry!

beetles
There are many species of bugs out here. The most common are the fire beetles. If you are hunting them, make sure their queen is not around or you will be in deep trouble. Their eyes are a popular item for adventurers because they give off light as if they were on fire. I even had one warrior try to kill [Ember] for her eyes!!

collection
Here you go. Just follow the instructions on the [list] so you know what to collect and how to prepare the collection for me.
summonitem(17922)

list
What did you do, lose the list? Here is another one. Hold onto it because I will want it back when you are done.
summonitem(18011)

Bigcountry23
11-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Still not responding to Collection, What Bug Collection, or any combination as of 11/09.

Wenai
11-10-2009, 08:51 PM
if($text=~/can I have a bug collection box/i){
quest::say("Here you go. Just follow the instructions on the [list] so you know what to collect and how to prepare the collection for me.");
quest::summonitem(17922);
}

Ugh .. No idea how anyone was supposed to get that text command.

I am assuming the rest of the script works.

Moving to fixed, will be operational next update as I don't have a GM online to reload the pl.

Bigcountry23
11-18-2009, 09:20 PM
He should be queing off of the word "collecton" (so you could say collection, bug collection, etc). I have verified that "can I have a bug collection box" works now though.

Wenai
11-18-2009, 09:38 PM
He should be queing off of the word "collecton" (so you could say collection, bug collection, etc). I have verified that "can I have a bug collection box" works now though.
Try saying just collection .. I think I changed it. I will double check the script if he doesnt.

Bigcountry23
11-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Nope, just tried, only will give the box if you say "can I have a bug collection box".

Bigcountry23
11-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Also, just noticed that Queen Kliknik dropped "Giant Scarab Legs" when she should be dropping Giant Fire Beetle legs.

Wenai
11-18-2009, 09:57 PM
if($text=~/collection/i){
quest::say("Here you go. Just follow the instructions on the [list] so you know what to collect and how to prepare the collection for me.");
quest::summonitem(17922);
}

Must require a pl reload because it is fine in the script... I dont have a GM on atm.

Bigcountry23
11-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Still only giving the box if you say "can I have a bug collection box" as of 11/23.

Morfnblorsh
11-24-2009, 04:23 PM
He gave me the list separately. Just tell him "what list?".

Bigcountry23
11-24-2009, 04:58 PM
That part is working fine, it's getting the box that is wonky.

Wenai
11-24-2009, 04:59 PM
I am guessing it needs a #reloadpl. But I don't understand since the server has been restarted like 3 times.

Morfnblorsh
11-25-2009, 11:32 AM
I got the box just fine a few weeks ago. Sorry if that's no longer "current".

entilza
11-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Was running through Misty and saw Blix, but no ember? Maybe someone killed ember and she never repspawned? Just wondering...

This should be the new #1 priority :)

Morfnblorsh
11-25-2009, 12:52 PM
I've seen Ember, but never with her master. She just sort of wanders all over the place separate from him. Be warned: If you kill her, he comes running from wherever the hell he is and stomps your ass.

guineapig
11-25-2009, 01:01 PM
She's around. I see her every time I'm there collecting honeycombs.