PDA

View Full Version : Furor Employeedefiler

nyclin
07-22-2021, 12:25 PM
Alex Afrasiabi aka Furor quietly left Blizzard mid last year and deleted his Twitter shortly afterward. Now, it appears that he was ousted from the company following a number of sexual harassment allegations. The problem was apparently not isolated to Furor, and is bad enough that the state of California is suing Blizzard: https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/activision-blizzard-sued-by-california-over-frat-boy-culture

Link to brief: https://aboutblaw.com/YJw

Furor-specific allegations: https://imgur.com/gallery/O9NnZru

Fammaden
07-22-2021, 12:32 PM
Bill Crosby.

Nirgon
07-22-2021, 12:51 PM
Lol he got #metoo'd by the scum culture he supported. Top wews.

Horza
07-22-2021, 12:58 PM

I thought you announced you were leaving for a conservative safe space.

gherron
07-22-2021, 01:21 PM

The Off-Topic section IS that safe space duh.

nyclin
07-22-2021, 01:43 PM

you're so adorably predictable

Nirgon
07-22-2021, 01:55 PM

Read it again fella

Gatordash
07-22-2021, 05:45 PM
One woman died by suicide due to a relationship with a male supervisor, the complaint alleged. The same woman was also allegedly harassed by other coworkers who shared a nude image of her at a holiday party.

Not great.

starkind
07-22-2021, 06:11 PM
So, I worked in a call center as a kid and jet setted around some executive spaces later in life.

Too bad blizzard didn't outsource that shit to China like all the other industries this happens, like hospitals and wokecenters.

Anyway. The other guy was probably Ben Kilgore. Don't go ruining his life tho. No one really knows.

I'm sorry the girl suicided. Seen that shit and almost suicided myself once. And contributed to that bullshit myself. (Yes I had relationships with my coworkers). We were naive and attractive.

Also women in that companies HR department enabled it. 100% garanteed.

Blizzard is rly woke now tho. So probably a really great place to work going forward I'm sure.

Oh also I never met a CTO with a degree who wasn't a complete shitball. They get paid big money too sit around and veto anything good their subordinates do, then sell out with the next big enterprise software system rollout with an under the table kickback.

TLDR the world is shit. R.i.p. the poor kids scrubbing toilets at Blizzard regardless of their sex, gender, sexes, genders, sexual orientations, and anatomical configurations.

The California Department of Sexual harassment will cash a check in the millions and nothing will improve. Justice won't be done.

Hope the truth comes out in court, but it won't. Because they have a lady who killed herself to drag through the mud.

Also, absolutely no one is denying Alex Afrasabi was a total shitbag that should have been fired immediately but he's got a great big golden parachute. He'll just change names and take a trip to Mexico, then come back to chair the FCC as head director with a completely made up background.

Remember this is a Civil suit. Ain't even criminal. Designed to extort people and drag them through the mud. Absolutely no denying some people there deserve living in Somalia but 90% of the people working at Blizzard have absolutely nothing to do with this bullshit other than there Bosses, bosses, boss was Alan Breck.

Oh yeah, garantee at least one queer PoC diehard call of duty esport athlete kills themselves because their heroes betrayed (them).

Nocht
07-22-2021, 06:21 PM
Hopefully this will get all the SJW weirdos to quit wow.

starkind
07-22-2021, 06:25 PM
Hopefully this will get all the SJW weirdos to quit wow.

Watch moonguards population not even take a dip.

But I was wondering if LFR queues would improve lol.

Nocht
07-22-2021, 06:39 PM
Watch moonguards population not even take a dip.

But I was wondering if LFR queues would improve lol.

Lol nothing is gonna stop Moonguard!

Lune
07-22-2021, 09:34 PM
Quoted from legal brief:

Unlike its customer-base of increasingly diverse players, Defendants' workforce is only about 20 percent women.

Yea... clearly written by someone who has never played an MMO, much less a video game. WoW's playerbase is nowhere near 20% women, meaning women are, if anything, overrepresented at the company relative to its playerbase.

Blizzard is a shit company that currently makes a shit game. Diversity hires aren't going to fix that.

Ooloo
07-22-2021, 09:35 PM
How about hire the most qualified applicant regardless of their race or gender. Oh wait we already do that.

Boptop
07-22-2021, 09:38 PM
Maybe he can pick up a new job with p1999.

starkind
07-22-2021, 10:21 PM
What if they already have a black female queer asexual creative director hire in the pipeline and a gay Christian bhuddist Mexican American ready to pick up the CTO position in a month and they are going to be the wokest MMO on the planet. And they're also moving their studios to Montreal.

imperiouskitten
07-22-2021, 11:47 PM
sounds about right. There's only a few ppl who grew up on EQ who turned out okay so far as I can tell. I think most were on the right track until 2015 funnily enough. I even remember Patriam saying something supportive to Cecily regarding trans stuff years ago now (once), before Trumpism confirmed you will get away with being a downright nasty fuck to everybody constantly and all decency & social convention has ended because the big males in Texas agreed so. These are people without fathers who look to men in their intellectually shattered gamer or southern-city social cohort for cues on how to be masculine. Extremely submissive males.

I'm so glad and proud my father was very good to my mother so I didn't turn out emotionally inbred looking to Joe Rogan for masculinity tips, or God forbid, wind up married and pumping out hoglets for a 50 yr old child, hoglets which will be too afraid to tell me they are gay or like pokemon cards or whatever because I married a mascophile who rejects teh entire western tradition of chivalry. I thank Dad all the time that I am not a Godless heathen. :)

lol ya like imagine if you were employed and pretended to be decent, it would be sort of like that. A real shitty guy in public pretending he's not a wreck of hormones and hate speech podcasts circling in his head that purport to teach him the pillars of manliness, by denying him any real intimacy with women outside of weird power relationships he is incapable of understanding the true implications of, being that his third eye has been sliced across by Lucifer and the television. Luckily, unlike he you are still in the mom's computer chair u started in, without 2 much cash to rope in ladies for time wasting. So yes, erm, " top wews " *tugs collar with yikes face on*

Maybe he can pick up a new job with p1999.

nah the emu employee scene is more like, be gay and very jealous of those who evade the gay death (estrogen enjoyers) or be a beat down old lady urself. This is corporate workplace stuff involving a guy who at one point overcame his childhood social anxiety, which rules out anyone who'd emu volunteer. U are correct that the etiology is similar though (shitty parents, shitty parenting, shitty media diet, fat, ugly, and shitty genes)

Now can we finally also admit that the name Furor was a Fuhrer reference and squeegee our eyes until we understand that this outcome was totally obvious and diagnosable years in advance. Shitty people are easy to spot. HR should have filtered him out by his handle.

Solist
07-23-2021, 01:39 AM
"Filtering out" someone based on an account/forum/char name from 20 years prior.

Yikes.

Gwaihir
07-23-2021, 02:13 AM
What if they already have a black female queer asexual creative director hire in the pipeline and a gay Christian bhuddist Mexican American ready to pick up the CTO position in a month and they are going to be the wokest MMO on the planet. And they're also moving their studios to Montreal.

Yeah, If I saw them making moves like that early in the Draft, I'd be down in Vegas making sidebets on their exhibition season

Nirgon
07-23-2021, 02:50 AM
He simped on a bunch of beta women too hard. That's what he gets for making tardo games for Timmy.

THAT CULTURE LOL.

Thrombosis
07-23-2021, 06:25 AM
Some awful allegations in that lawsuit, and some I just think meh, like chucking women out of the "lactation room" so the men can have a meeting, why on earth does a company like Blizz need a lactation room, if your employees with uteruses need to breastfeed shouldn't they be at home with their baby?

It's a shame to read these allegations against Furor, but innocent until proven guilty is still a thing right?

Nexii
07-23-2021, 07:34 AM
Now can we finally also admit that the name Furor was a Fuhrer reference and squeegee our eyes until we understand that this outcome was totally obvious and diagnosable years in advance. Shitty people are easy to spot. HR should have filtered him out by his handle.[/size]

Guy got hired only cause he was friends with others in the C-suite which HR works for. The interesting thing will be seeing how many others took part as this gets dragged out in court.

Not all that surprising though, this is the whole gaming industry and culture. Ubisoft and Riot Games were sued by the government too.

Kinda explains why modern games have been so mediocre as well. Ironically these companies put out better product when they were 100% men. Before they had women to simp on and distract them from doing their jobs.

starkind
07-23-2021, 08:35 AM
Furor is most definatrely probably guilty, but burn blizzards offices to the ground because of it? (LOL)

Nexii
07-23-2021, 09:32 AM
Furor is most definatrely probably guilty, but burn blizzards offices to the ground because of it? (LOL)

Yea I don't think suing a company really will create any meaningful cultural change. A company as dysfunctional as described shouldn't really be in business that long. Unfortunately the zoomer generation keeps buying trash games. And pre-buying games which is a total scam.

To me it's more surprising so many people even want to work in the gaming industry. It literally sounds terrible, tons of unpaid overtime and a disrespectful culture. And since 2004 or so pretty much every game is rushed-out poor product, something you can't even be that proud of at the end of all that effort.

imperiouskitten
07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
"Filtering out" someone based on an account/forum/char name from 20 years prior.

Yikes.

he was hired 20 years ago, i am talking about his contemporary name at the time., because. ths is adfsvma;. nvm talking to retard monkey animal

Nexii
07-23-2021, 11:22 AM
he was hired 20 years ago, i am talking about his contemporary name at the time., because. ths is adfsvma;. nvm talking to retard monkey animal

There was a whole persona that went with the name. One that was an egomaniacial narcissistic hothead, which some gamers admired because his rants appealed to gamers' frustrations. That someone like this ended up being a serial sexual harasser shouldn't be much of a surprise.

Lune
07-23-2021, 11:43 AM
I can't wait til they go after Paradox interactive because women don't play grand strategy games and therefore don't develop them

(Again, to put my post in context, the culture at Blizzard is horrible and they should be punished, but a significant part of the body of the legal brief has to do with the lack of women at Blizzard, not their treatment of them.)

imperiouskitten
07-23-2021, 11:47 AM
yeah u right Lune, it's just hard not to meme at this XD

zodium
07-23-2021, 11:54 AM
every gamer celebrity is a sex creep

HalflingSpergand
07-23-2021, 12:10 PM
Id go with 95% of the human population is a sex creep given the opportunity

Arteker
07-23-2021, 12:20 PM
There was a whole persona that went with the name. One that was an egomaniacial narcissistic hothead, which some gamers admired because his rants appealed to gamers' frustrations. That someone like this ended up being a serial sexual harasser shouldn't be much of a surprise.

He was like that even before he joined blizzard and kaplan aswell.
furor harrased few females members back in the day of foh, kreugen was aswell like that

then we had the infamous incident with gm lead pugigi, when foh lost the race to quarm and his ban for sexual harrasment towards her.

i still have printed the old foh forums, the ammount of racism and shit he driped was quite big.

Boptop
07-23-2021, 05:40 PM
"female members". Even back then it was a lot of men playing female toons, like Brittany Sparks or Millie.

Patriam1066
07-23-2021, 07:08 PM

Cant you feel bad for a person being harassed as opposed to making it political? Jesus buddy

nostalgiaquest
07-24-2021, 02:57 AM
Nigron is a walking, talking forever alone meme. What do you expect?

Ennewi
07-24-2021, 08:51 AM
Some awful allegations in that lawsuit, and some I just think meh, like chucking women out of the "lactation room" so the men can have a meeting, why on earth does a company like Blizz need a lactation room, if your employees with uteruses need to breastfeed shouldn't they be at home with their baby?

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20210624-why-doesnt-the-us-have-mandated-paid-maternity-leave

starkind
07-24-2021, 09:51 AM
men are expected to give up family life and be lone rangers in order to persue professional careers. etc etc...

there's a lot of 'talk' about making military life more family friendly and they throw out a lot of money for dependapotomuses but there really is only one choice

Don't have children or get married. If u wan't to not be completely assraped by reality and the hardcore truth.

I mean I am ABSOLUTELY sure there are nicer ways to put that that don't fall into borderline sexual harrasment territory but yeah.

starkind
07-24-2021, 09:53 AM
https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20210624-why-doesnt-the-us-have-mandated-paid-maternity-leave

LET me stop u right here..

https://i.imgur.com/x9Q8RuR.png

The U.S. Isn't a rich or wealthy nation.

The people who run the US and own it (mostly from abroad and don't actually live here) are rich.

You are not.

Your nation is not.

Shangai and that upscale walled off hoity toity part of london is <3

hollywood is the scraps and hungergames sector 0 for the pretty sluts (male and female)

get woke my friends

Ennewi
07-24-2021, 10:11 AM
LET me stop u right here..

https://i.imgur.com/x9Q8RuR.png

The U.S. Isn't a rich or wealthy nation.

The people who run the US and own it (mostly from abroad and don't actually live here) are rich.

You are not.

Your nation is not.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/worlds-5-richest-nations-by-gdp-per-capita-2021-05-20

Not disagreeing necessarily though. There's more to it than any online list can detail.

starkind
07-24-2021, 12:16 PM
https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/worlds-5-richest-nations-by-gdp-per-capita-2021-05-20

Not disagreeing necessarily though. There's more to it than any online list can detail.

oh indeed absolutely

Ennewi
07-28-2021, 03:26 PM
https://www.ign.com/articles/activision-blizzard-walkout

Nexii
07-28-2021, 04:15 PM
men are expected to give up family life and be lone rangers in order to persue professional careers. etc etc...

there's a lot of 'talk' about making military life more family friendly and they throw out a lot of money for dependapotomuses but there really is only one choice

Don't have children or get married. If u wan't to not be completely assraped by reality and the hardcore truth.

I mean I am ABSOLUTELY sure there are nicer ways to put that that don't fall into borderline sexual harrasment territory but yeah.

Fair point, this stuff is the worst in environments where the expectation is to give up all personal life to succeed. The military (at least in Canada) is rife with it. USA gymnastics and the Nassar thing. Entertainment industry with Weinstein.

Ironically it has resulted in much worse product, modern WoW is trash and being overtaken by FF14

Gwaihir
07-28-2021, 05:07 PM

Can confirm. If you're not prepared for Hell mode, don't have kids. Top-tier Bitch management skills are vital to your physical mental and spiritual health.
But the underworld is where you find the real gems ;)

Jibartik
07-28-2021, 05:30 PM
every employee at a video game company is an incel what the fuck do people expect.

Pulgasari
07-28-2021, 05:30 PM
https://www.ign.com/articles/activision-blizzard-walkout

Is the woman who got harassed trans or something? I don't see how their laundry list of demands address her mistreatment if not.

The no-mandatory-arbitration part is solid though.

Jibartik
07-28-2021, 05:32 PM
I remember when i heard about some game developer having sex with journalists for good reviews and when I finally saw their pictures it was like a cow and a 15 year old looking adult.

I was like holy smokes these people already have a host of way worse problems than paying for 5 stars on dead websites with favors.

nyclin
07-28-2021, 08:28 PM
apparently furor and his merry band of sex pests actually called it the 'cosby suite' themselves: https://kotaku.com/inside-blizzard-developers-infamous-bill-cosby-suite-1847378762

and a bonus: https://twitter.com/heartimecia/status/1420477078101708803?s=19

imperiouskitten
07-28-2021, 08:36 PM
I remember when i heard about some game developer having sex with journalists for good reviews and when I finally saw their pictures it was like a cow and a 15 year old looking adult.

I was like holy smokes these people already have a host of way worse problems than paying for 5 stars on dead websites with favors.

i know, it's amazing what so little can get you :D

a lot of "achiever" professionos of all ages are emotionally, more like "toddlers" as well as being ugly. ripe berries as far as socio demon girls are concerned. the lowliness of the industry targeted reflects her self-placement within her internal hot or not tier system. Shoot for high officials, tech ceos, syndicate rulers etc. not zelda game reviewers .

unsunghero
07-28-2021, 08:45 PM
I heard about that lawsuit

Apparently Blizzard was allowing employees to get completely plastered at work and do “cubicle crawls” where they went from cubicle to cubicle engaging in drunken antics. No doubt some harassment of women occurred in these, along with all the other stupid shit people do when they get shitfaced drunk. Why any respectable employer would allow their employees to get tanked at work is beyond me. I work in behavioral health, which is about one of the most forgiving settings for substance abuse you can imagine. I could probably bring in a big bag of heroin, leave it at my desk, and when it’s discovered say I have a heroin addiction and ask instead of being fired to be suspended without pay to attend drug rehab, and it would probably be granted. But even my agency STILL wouldn’t allow myself or anyone else to be coming into work high or drunk. So that’s why I really question blizzard as an employer on that one

And that chick that killed herself I think did it at the holiday party after she found out pics of her privates were being passed around. That is really tragic because it definitely seems like an alcohol influenced spontaneous decision. If she just could have gotten some counseling while sober to process the situation and things she could do, she could have possibly seen another way out. But she never got that chance

Ennewi
07-28-2021, 10:38 PM
Is the woman who got harassed trans or something? I don't see how their laundry list of demands address her mistreatment if not.

The no-mandatory-arbitration part is solid though.

Mostly number one on the list, getting rid of mandatory arbys yeah, but also number four considering HR lost its humanity.

Pulgasari
07-28-2021, 10:53 PM
Mostly number one on the list, getting rid of mandatory arbys yeah, but also number four considering HR lost its humanity.

Fair dunk, HR did fail to control its rapacious T-male workers :(

HalflingSpergand
07-28-2021, 11:23 PM
I pretty much know exactly what happened since i read about it in the internet

Ennewi
07-28-2021, 11:33 PM
I pretty much know exactly what will happen since i read about it in the Bible

branamil
07-28-2021, 11:56 PM
So he was basically hired because he was "good at everquest" and advised them what to design? Then he overplayed his hand because he's really just a shitty person. Why did they keep him aroudn? as I recall he was borderline useless and actually Tigole Bitties was actually talented.

unsunghero
07-29-2021, 12:00 AM
I pretty much know exactly what happened since i read about it in the internet

This guy was there working for blizz and can vouch (see the video in this link). I've followed his fitness channel, purebullfit, for months. He's a straight shooter, I believe ex-marine as well. His whole fitness channel was built around exposing lies in the fitness industry, so pretty sure he wouldn't be lying now

https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/ex-blizzard-employee-exposes-unfair-treatment-in-viral-tiktok-amid-lawsuit-controversy-1618962/

edit: actually this should be the link to the vid https://www.tiktok.com/@purebullfit/video/6987923131633536262?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

Pulgasari
07-29-2021, 12:01 AM
So he was basically hired because he was "good at everquest" and advised them what to design? Then he overplayed his hand because he's really just a shitty person. Why did they keep him aroudn? as I recall he was borderline useless and actually Tigole Bitties was actually talented.

We got EPs in cata, I never grasped that til later. Firelands, Al'Akir in the shitty PoA equivalent, Earth had the deepholm zone and it's dungeons and the main boss anyway, Water with the naga and no raid content for some reason ok i guess a big shark. Ozumat dungeon had good blues though

I think he "designed" that game haha :p

Gwaihir
07-29-2021, 12:10 AM
every employee at a video game company is an incel what the fuck do people expect.

Can confirm. When I used to test video games, I rarely got laid, until I realized I could have sex with pretty much every girl I knew around the age of 23-25 which is also around the time I changed career paths.

Facts: I got laid more often then most of you guys when I was homeless; and they were hotter than the wildebeests you sleep with.

Goods
07-29-2021, 12:13 AM
Bill Crosby.

Pill Cosby... FTFY

Arteker
07-29-2021, 05:35 AM

No, he was hired because he was the asmongold of everquest, he was the tool to try to dragg as much people from eq to wow .
Tigole was hired mostly because Pardo no because he was actualy talented .

starkind
07-29-2021, 08:20 AM
i'm not linking but turns out some of the charges are a bit exaggerated and trumped up

DFEH has an agenda and blizzard is a ripe melon

nostalgiaquest
07-29-2021, 09:00 AM
funny that someone in p99 actually named their character after this chode

HalflingSpergand
07-29-2021, 10:49 AM
I know everything about this cause i read it on that internet

Ragaroth
07-29-2021, 11:02 AM
Train to Cosby zone