PDA

View Full Version : What are the general market trends and MQ costs on Red?

Loadsamoney
07-16-2021, 03:25 PM
I just barely started playing a Bard again, using all the hand-me-downs my Ranger had before I stopped playing. I have decent 0.50 ratio weapons and 65HP rings, all I need is a haste item (likely SCHW) and I'm set for leveling to at least 50.

I am curious what general market trends are for commonly-sought items like Haste items, class-specific weapons like BoH, MQ's for Epics and Velious armor, etc. White scales for bard epic are apparentl 700k-1mil+ on Blue, I'm wondering what they go for on Red.

I don't play here much, mostly when I'm afking on Blue waiting for a respawn on a 27-minute mob, so it wouldn't be a concern for a long while, but I'm wondering how difficult is to complete Epics on Red compared to other servers, especially bottlenecked ones, and in particular if any Bard has a reasonable chance of being able to get their Singing Short Sword here.

Penish
07-16-2021, 05:42 PM
If you just play here you can get an epic (no cost), good luck navigating the retards left on this box.

Imago
07-17-2021, 02:16 AM
If you're willing to no-life on Red, people will funnel you gear like you wouldn't believe.

It'll take time to demonstrate you're committed to the cause, but if you do - don't limit yourself to a bard epic.

To more specifically answer your question, however: top end gear isn't paid for in straight plat. Typically it's a high end gear for high end gear trade. I got my Drums of the Beast from Tune for a Z-Heart, and my Bard Epic MQ from Helenkeller for some Mithril Boots (albeit a few years ago). That's as close to a transaction as you'll get, as these were mutually beneficial trades made between guildmates.

Step 1: Engross yourself into the community.
Step 2: Demonstrate your value to their direction.
Step 3: Be patient and don't blow your load on small ticket items.

Jimjam
07-17-2021, 03:27 AM
There is no trade economy. It’s all communism pixels. That is why it is called red.

Baler
07-17-2021, 12:00 PM
There is no trade economy. It’s all communism pixels. That is why it is called red.

LOL

Tassador
07-17-2021, 03:00 PM
If you just play here you can get an epic (no cost), good luck navigating the retards left on this box.

I second this don’t try to solo anything on this box the zombies left are desperate for new blood just approach them with caution. If you’re caught with the disease you’re looking at 6 years of playing on a dead box…

Loadsamoney
07-17-2021, 03:09 PM
I second this don’t try to solo anything on this box the zombies left are desperate for new blood just approach them with caution. If you’re caught with the disease you’re looking at 6 years of playing on a dead box…

Well, personally I like the added danger of an in-range player being able to come up to you at any time and murder you, be it for your camp, looting rights, whatever the reason.

What I don't like is that same person then babysitting your corpse for hours at a time depriving you from being able to continue playing.

Jimjam
07-17-2021, 06:35 PM
Running to your corpse and being repeatedly killed is playing. They’re not depriving you from continue playing. They are actively playing with you!