PDA

View Full Version : Cannot edit modify or add and remove social macros

beaon
07-02-2021, 10:28 PM
On a single toon only I cannot edit, clear, or add any social macro. Any one know what might be going on? On my alts I don't have this problem.

Lich
07-03-2021, 03:11 AM
That's strange. Have you checked to see if the 2 ini files for that character are somehow read only? You can also try renaming the 2 ini files or moving them to another folder temporarily so they get recreated.

Jimjam
07-03-2021, 05:27 AM
Move your install directory out of program files or wherever to the root directory of the drive and ensure you have permissions to read/write files in the directory. Enable run as admin if needed.

I suspect at least one of those actions may fix things.

desuka
07-03-2021, 04:16 PM
Also make sure you camp out and quit from the character screen, don't /ex or /q or Close the window. I've noticed when I edit social macros it doesn't "commit" the changes unless you quit the proper way

beaon
07-03-2021, 05:46 PM
ok so i've done the following.

My game already runs on another game drive, not root drive. I've double checked hte perms of the ini file it looks fine. I'll check again.

I temporarily renamed my ini file. I wiped out all my social macros as expected but still deos not let me modify/edit new ones. So i just get screwed with a blank macro setup.

beaon
07-03-2021, 06:27 PM
ok i fixed it by deleting my UI file. Then i had to reset my UI. Thanks for the help guys.

Jimjam
07-03-2021, 07:26 PM
Thank you for posting what you tried and what fixed it for any one searching this issue in the future.