PDA

View Full Version : Wineq2 to solve dual core problems (plz help me)

Ronnie555
03-04-2010, 11:50 PM
I suck at computers please please help me! ive tried so many dual core fixes but none have worked. I just downloaded wineq2 cause that's supposed to work. I have it running, but how do I run the eq emulator with wineq2?

If I right click the little wineq2 icon when it's running, it gives me the option to create a link, but the only link i can create is a default link, which i assume will open up regular EQ.

so what can I do to make wineq2 open the link I already have on the desktop, which is set up to connect to project1999 servers.

or what can I type in "target" of the new link to have it connect to project1999 AND still open with wineq2

Aeolwind
03-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Easy peasy. You've already modified your exe files & EQHost right?

Aeolwind
03-05-2010, 12:04 AM
If so, right click on WinEQ2 in the services area (next to the clock), Options->Preferences->Click the + next to everquest, click the + next to profiles, click on a profile, in path enter

*:/*

First star is the drive letter of EQ, the 2nd star is the folder path. Mine is: P:/Project1999 for example. Yours could be C:/Sony/Everquest or C:/Everquest.

Then, put a name at the top, I sort mine by account name, so name it after your EQEmu account and you are gtg. =)

Then, when you right click on the WinEQ2 in the services area go to everquest and you'll see your profile there.

Ronnie555
03-05-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm really bad at computers.. when you say modified my EQ host files,etc.. you're talking about what I did just to get project1999 to run, right? Like the steps on eq emulator website, and project 1999 website.. the steps required to connect to the p1999 server?

Yeah I did that...

I'll try following your steps

Ok I did it, I don't see how that will connect to project 1999 though.. the only thing telling it to connect to p1999 when I play is the link I made the desktop.. when I changed the "target" to whatever it's supposed to be.

Now I'm circumventing that and telling wineq2 to connect directly to the EQ folder... won't that mess me up? I ran it for 2 secs and it started to patch so I got scared and closed... hah