PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Quest Watchman Boots

utenan
10-24-2009, 02:21 AM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=375

quest = Tiny Skeletons

reward = Watchman boots

starts in Ak'kanon

Jeron in Ak'kanon at the warriors guild tells you to go find watchman Dexlin. Watchman Dexlin spawns in the bridge in NK that leads to SK, in place of the merchant. I hailed him, said the proper dialogue, and ended up with the empty tin box. This spawned the tiny skeletons as well. Someone trained the skellies to the guards, and I could not get them to spawn anymore. Out of frustration I handed the empty box back to Dexlin and bam, I got the box of undead brownie bones back. I went to Ak'kanon to hand the box into Jeron, and he would not take it, I would get it back every time. He does not give any dialogue and will not respond to the proper dialogue. On alla it says you have to be amiably to gemchoppers, and I was Indifferent. So I raised my faction to amiably and it still does not work.

People posted that maybe the newbie gear quests that came out later might have interfered with this quest, he gives out the initiate watchman's boots, as part of the noobie gear quests, as well as the Watchman Boots, so maybe that could be a possible reason as to why the quest is broke?? Other than that I have no idea, hopefully this info will help in getting the quest fixed .

*edited - I re typed the whole thing

utenan
10-25-2009, 02:02 AM
bump......maybe the faction issue was a problem? or was that just guards?

utenan
10-27-2009, 02:36 AM
bump++++++

utenan
10-28-2009, 06:38 PM
bump
i realize this has little to no priority, but i want my boots lol

Bigcountry23
10-28-2009, 07:00 PM
I know that have complete this on another eqemu server in a similar manner to the way you are describing with indif faction, so the break would most likely be a script issue post turn in but pre reward.

Aeolwind
10-28-2009, 09:35 PM
OK, this is a Qadar quest, fairly complex but definitely should be working without issue. I'm not seeing any problems in the script with it. I'll test and fix it tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, but I don't get much done when I have to work =/.

Aeolwind
10-28-2009, 09:36 PM
I did fix a double ding issue in it, and that might have done it. Logging in to do a reload and test the turn in.

Aeolwind
10-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Just tested, and got the box of brownie bones, you should be good to go...but I did it without reloading the quest pl. So I'm not sure what your issue is....

Aeolwind
10-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Oh snap, found the issue, dudes script is fubar. Gimme a bit.

utenan
10-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Ah thank you for your efforts aeolwind, I appreciate it : ) I'll get them boots soon enough!

Bigcountry23
10-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Oh snap, found the issue, dudes script is fubar. Gimme a bit.

Woot, cookie for me for pointing out it was probably a script issue. :)

utenan
11-01-2009, 05:52 PM
not actually resolved : p