PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Fear break on low health mobs: 1 tick 66%

Brinkman
05-30-2011, 03:21 AM
As of the most recent patch, when fear breaks on a mob that is at low ( running away) health, all dots in that tick that follow the fear break message is applied at 66%.

It seems that until that tick is done the client does not recognize that the npc is running away?

This is not a case of the tick itself being the damage that causes it to run, im talking way below the run threshold.

Im sorry I do not have logs on, but It doesnt really matter as my logs will not show the npc health %.

My example is almost perfect because it involves a huge hp npc: Allizewsaur.

Both pre and post patch Alli will start running as soon as he hits 14% hp, its been this way for as long as I can remember.

This is what happened when Alli was at 6% Hp and then a tick happened:

Allizewsaur has taken 20 damage from your Dooming Darkness.
Your Invoke Fear spell has worn off.
Allizewsaur has taken 73 damage from your Pyrocruror.
Allizewsaur has taken 96 damage from your Envenomed Bolt.
Allizewsaur has taken 73 damage from your Vexing Mordinia.
Note how the Dooming Darkness tick is 100%.

Invoke fear break message ALWAYS comes inbetween darkness and regular Dots. I think this is part of the problem. Even though the tick is instantaneous ( there is still an order to it) and it seems to not recognize alli running until that tick is over. He never runs at me, he turns away as soon as I get the tick on my screen. Its happened dozens of times today, from 13% all the way down to when he was at 2% when fear broke... All dots that come after the fear break message in that single tick, while at running health %, are being applied at 66%.

The only way to fix this that I can think of is to have the fear break message come at the very end of a tick, I do not know if its possible however.

An issue none the less. Thanks for your time and hard work =)

Dentalplan
05-30-2011, 07:37 AM
I can confirm that this is working as stated, you get 66% dot damage for a single tick when fear breaks on a mob in fleeing health. Not game breaking but worth fixing.

kanras
05-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Fixed, pending update.