PDA

View Full Version : Official Red99 Suggestions Thread

JayDee
05-30-2011, 01:05 AM
Post some like so bro

Spell vendors - Keep the model from vztz. Nobody wants to research spells on a pvp server.

Edit : Try to mention some ideas that haven't been tossed around alot but don't exactly deserve there own thread.

Rushmore
05-30-2011, 01:11 AM
I liked that disciplines were dropped.

fiegi
05-30-2011, 01:22 AM
Keep it 100% classic, with yellow txt added in.

Aerist
05-30-2011, 02:36 AM
Global OOC with YT

Average
05-30-2011, 02:49 AM
Keep it 100% classic, with yellow txt added in.

fiegi
05-30-2011, 02:50 AM
Global OOC with YT

oh yes, this also.

Doors
05-30-2011, 04:18 AM
Global ooc because the pop will probably be low for awhile after initial opening
Yellow text for when I kill Wehrmacht on a daily basis
No item loot because its gay
Could go either way on FFA or teams
Also could go either way on level limit, don't really care because my mom says im a gangster.
Spell research who cares

wehrmacht
05-30-2011, 04:47 AM
Need to fix interrupts. On TZVZ I could reliably cast gate while the entire Heresy guild was meleeing my naked shaman heal mule. This is one of the major reasons box 2.0 was caster's paradise. It was stupidly easy for casters to escape death.

The interrupt rate should be somewhere around 4-5% for each hit you take while casting. I tested this on SZ a long time ago with a necro in my guild trying to channel lifetap as I attacked him with 9/16 monk epic.

Another thing is that I'm pretty sure they capped the interrupt chance at something like 50% on TZVZ which should not be the case. All this caster welfare shit needs to go. I don't want to see every caster on the server channeling gate every time they're about to die.

Jigga
05-30-2011, 08:57 AM
if no push then channeling = 100%. Proof is casting in corner against a non bashing/slaming class which every smart caster did on live

Tonomar
05-30-2011, 10:45 AM
my suggestion is to find the box, and maybe raise funds if it got tornado'd irl.

Doors
05-30-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't want to see every caster on the server channeling gate every time they're about to die.

Step 1: Find class trainer
Step 2: Train bash. Usually 5 trains in bash is sufficient to start off.
Step 3: Bash the caster as they channel gate.
Step 4: Get good.
Step 5: PM me for more advice on how to play on pvp servers.

Tajin
05-30-2011, 02:54 PM
make it the same as p99 imo... if u dont like it... try altergate

Tajin
05-30-2011, 02:56 PM
also make it RZ style, 1 item loot, ffa pvp, and keep the same xp grind as in p99

wehrmacht
05-30-2011, 04:14 PM

This is what I say too. There's no reason to change anything besides allowing DD spells to land easier in level 60 PvP. Letting stuns land is ok too since they have a reuse timer and it it adds some much needed strategy to caster vs caster PvP.

The way Null wants to integrate stuns into the game is completely broken. He basically does it where they land for a long duration (overpowered) but don't land reliably enough to be used as strategic interrupts. If you want skill based caster PvP, they need to land very easily but not for long duration.

bakkily
05-30-2011, 04:25 PM
over all they should release original content only, antonica faydwer and odus, i rather like team, but ffa does work, probally best for +- 6 lvls between, what ever guilds control diffrent zones because im feeling everyones gonna want ffa, do open loot, when you die the killers allowed to pick one item from your corpse, trying to think of what else, lets all pvp and have fun

Jigga
05-30-2011, 04:48 PM

This is what I say too. There's no reason to change anything besides allowing DD spells to land easier in level 60 PvP. Letting stuns land is ok too since they have a reuse timer and it it adds some much needed strategy to caster vs caster PvP.

The way Null wants to integrate stuns into the game is completely broken. He basically does it where they land for a long duration (overpowered) but don't land reliably enough to be used as strategic interrupts. If you want skill based caster PvP, they need to land very easily but not for long duration.

So bascially its not what your are saying too. No comments about channeling being changed, wehrms shit made teams, LoS, no heresy allowed, what else?

Please give us more anecdotes about early stage pvp, you know the pvp you started in 2001 when velious was released, 6months before luclin came out and SZ was a ghost town

wehrmacht
05-30-2011, 05:35 PM
no heresy allowed, what else?

Correct. No Heresy allowed because they're always suggesting all these rules like no training but then completely ignore them and train you in Plane of Hate anyway (right after making sure no GM's are online).

Then when they lose a 30vs30 guild fight, they all post on the msg board suggesting some kind of new rule to try and give themselves an advantage so it won't happen again.

This is why that Quinloe guy kept saying GM favoritism, they kept implementing all the Heresy demands for new rules one after another. Then after being caught breaking the rules that they themselves advocated like a million times, nothing ever happens.

So bascially its not what your are saying too. No comments about channeling being changed, wehrms shit made teams, LoS

It was an either/or statement. Either make it like normal EQ or small changes that actually benefit or add skill to PvP. The null resist system only adds a bunch of RNG variables into combat which didn't exist on EQ live while also making class balance worse. Hybrids get more powerful, pure melee go from viable to crappy solo classes, etc.

Macken
05-30-2011, 06:55 PM
So bascially its not what your are saying too. No comments about channeling being changed, wehrms shit made teams, LoS, no heresy allowed, what else?
Please give us more anecdotes about early stage pvp, you know the pvp you started in 2001 when velious was released, 6months before luclin came out and SZ was a ghost town

...and no root!!!

Littlegyno
05-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Root is obviously unfair to have.

Rushmore
05-31-2011, 05:37 PM
I like Altergate Loot item style. Loot one item thru there bags. But don't mess with what they have equipped.

Tajin
05-31-2011, 05:45 PM
no altertate loot style.. have it 1 loot on what u have equipped and non bagged items... what made rz fun was trying to get no drop gear as well as bagging ur shit when ur about to die lol

Tajin
05-31-2011, 05:46 PM
happy love bracers ftw

JayDee
05-31-2011, 05:50 PM
no altertate loot style.. have it 1 loot on what u have equipped and non bagged items... what made rz fun was trying to get no drop gear as well as bagging ur shit when ur about to die lol

Posts like this just clutter this thread.

Sythyst
05-31-2011, 10:11 PM

Well, it wasn't necessarily "fun", but it added to the challenge of the server which I found entertaining. It always felt very rewarding for me to find a viable piece of no drop to add to my equipment. In fact, if you can't loot an item in PvP, there is actually no reason to get "no drop" loot. Also, I never felt fully prepared with just my no drop gear, so I had to add some MR bracers/rings/crown/etc to hold up in competitive PvP.

My point is that adding something like item loot makes for a greater risk/reward scenario. Hell, just wearing some of your beastly, epic gear for certain occasions made it more worthwhile and risky, because you knew there was a chance at losing something. I get so bored at no-risk, no-penalty PvP, and I imagine I'm not alone.

Posts like this just clutter this thread.

I would ask you to explain how yours does different, but that would cause more clutter.

georgie
06-01-2011, 12:08 AM
over all they should release original content only, antonica faydwer and odus, i rather like team, but ffa does work, probally best for +- 6 lvls between, what ever guilds control diffrent zones because im feeling everyones gonna want ffa, do open loot, when you die the killers allowed to pick one item from your corpse, trying to think of what else, lets all pvp and have fun

should be +/- 4 levels, and no loot. kinda gay getting zerged by a guild and losing your items on some bullshit

wehrmacht
06-01-2011, 12:46 AM
should be +/- 4 levels, and no loot. kinda gay getting zerged by a guild and losing your items on some bullshit

People suggesting level limits, take that idea and shove it up your ass. With that rule set, you could have 3 groups inside of karnors and nobody would be able to attack each other:

1) Group of 45-46's at zone in

2) Group of 51-55's at Drovlarg Captain

3) Group of 60's doing VP key

What a piece of shit rule set?

How many times do I have to post this.

Foxx
06-01-2011, 02:06 AM
People suggesting level limits, take that idea and shove it up your ass. With that rule set, you could have 3 groups inside of karnors and nobody would be able to attack each other:

1) Group of 45-46's at zone in

2) Group of 51-55's at Drovlarg Captain

3) Group of 60's doing VP key

What a piece of shit rule set?

How many times do I have to post this.

the same amount of times u post about root classes being op

Pudge
06-01-2011, 04:03 AM
i liked the 7 level limit. maybe 8.

but wehr, everyone ignores your posts about 0 limit b/c everyone but you knows it's absolutely not happening. and karnors is a raid zone anyway so there would be no limit there

wehrmacht
06-01-2011, 04:14 AM
but wehr, everyone ignores your posts about 0 limit b/c everyone but you knows it's absolutely not happening

Says who? Even World of Warcraft doesn't have a level limit. Why don't we just abolish PvP too while we're at it.

i liked the 7 level limit. maybe 8.

Yea dude, we know. You keep suggesting things to try and make the server exactly like the failure TZVZ server.

bakkily
06-01-2011, 06:05 AM
wehr, i know you said how you want things done but too lazy to go through all yer post and find it, what exactly

do you want the rules to be?

Bootcamp
06-01-2011, 10:30 AM
1. Wait till server population reaches 100-200

2. Wipe it

Hey it worked every time!

Justown
06-01-2011, 02:06 PM
How long has this server been in the works? Someone in game told me they made this forum just to keep the PvP guys out of the p99blue posts, hope thats just speculation and not truth.

Envious
06-01-2011, 02:49 PM
How about the devs dont listen to you clowns, make it just like P99 with whatever PvP ruleset, and everyone stfu and plays on it.

Sounds like a great idea.

wehrmacht
06-01-2011, 04:01 PM
wehr, i know you said how you want things done but too lazy to go through all yer post and find it, what exactly

do you want the rules to be?

1st choice - Teams, no rules, no level limit
2nd choice - FFA, no rules, no level limit

fiegi
06-01-2011, 04:27 PM

I'll take B.

Moonzi
06-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I'd like A. Reminds me of old VZ.

Envious
06-01-2011, 04:46 PM
While I'd prefer teams, and I think they are a better system. It almost has to be FFA simply because of the class limitations that team based EQ pvp has.

Would take a reworking of the teams, or opening up a new race / class combos to make teams really viable. + Hard coding.

FFA is easier.

Please dont quote Wehrmacht, it only encourages him to post more. Which is bad for everyone.

wehrmacht
06-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Would take a reworking of the teams, or opening up a new race / class combos to make teams really viable.

No. There are two team setups that work perfectly fine for balance:

1)Sullon Zek Good and Neut teams combined vs Evils

Good team:
-----------
karana
tunare
elrollisi
brell
mithaniel
tribunal
quellious
rodcet
prexus
bristlebane
sol ro

Evil Team:
---------
innoruk
bertox
rallos
cazic thule
veeshan

2) Race War using race as selection variable: each team gets every class

Dark Elf Alliance (evil)
--------------------
Dark Elf
Troll
Iksar
Ogre
Half Elf
Erudite

Human Alliance (good)
---------------------
Human
Dwarf
Gnome
Halfling
High Elf
Barbarian
Wood Elf

minakto
06-01-2011, 05:27 PM
believe the client code wont allow for any crazy type of teams.You have to pick an already established ruleset;rz,sz,vz/tz. Can get away with changing litle things like lvl limits but to actaully code a team with custom diety selection it will break stuff or just wont work. Even vztz saw little problems like not being able to do a special attack if target is +-5 lvls of you and some porting issues

So essentially if you want teams its going to be very close to how tz was or how sz was with 3 teams

wehrmacht
06-01-2011, 05:31 PM
So essentially if you want teams its going to be very close to how tz was or how sz was with 3 teams

Have you ever heard of altergate? Your statement was obviously incorrect.

minakto
06-01-2011, 05:37 PM

all altergate did was create a bindspot for certain races. Could still group and heal the other team. . So yeah if you want to just make an invisible division for teams and say people have to listen to the verbal rules and not have anything hardcoded like sz then yeah my statement is incorrect. If you want it so your two teams are hard coded like sz was and can only group/guild and heal same team than your statement is incorrect

Foxx
06-01-2011, 05:46 PM
wehrmacht, it would be impossible for any half elf to level. they are literally surrounded on ALL sides by good races, even if they start in qeynos and freeport. the only hope they have is starting in freeport and hopefully there wont be that many humans. and forget about them starting in gfay, lol.

no teams, no level limit... or level limit of +- like 10, to avoid level 50s griefing people off the server, but still oor healers wont really be an issue.

and no item loot, sorry i wish it would work but i dont think it would, not enough people would continue to play after pixel loss

Jigga
06-01-2011, 06:24 PM

Can you group with anyone and everyone on altergate? Yes
Can you guild with anyone and everyone on altergate? yes
Can you heal anyone and everyone on altergate? Yes
Can you attack anyone and everyone on altergate? Yes

Can you group with anyone and everyone in FFA? yes
Can you guild with anyone and everyone in FFA? yes
Can you heal anyone and everyone in FFA? yes
Can you attack anyone and everyone in FFA? yes

Nice one wehrmacht

mimixownzall
06-01-2011, 08:50 PM
I agree with no item loot. You will need some of these 'bluebies' on p99 to join to keep the server alive and no item loot will help. If you look at the patch notes from 1999 you will there were a huge interest in no item loot from the population.

I like the looting on SZ. Cash off of people who were even or red to you. Maybe even a pvp coin that you can trade in for something.

Another reason I don't want item loot is so people will use their pixels when fighting and not run around naked or run away while bagging their equipment. Also I don't want people to use it as an excuse.

Lasher
06-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Jigga you make me laugh. Did you play on vztz?

wehrmacht
06-01-2011, 10:13 PM
all altergate did was create a bindspot for certain races. Could still group and heal the other team. . So yeah if you want to just make an invisible division for teams and say people have to listen to the verbal rules and not have anything hardcoded like sz then yeah my statement is incorrect. If you want it so your two teams are hard coded like sz was and can only group/guild and heal same team than your statement is incorrect

Can't you just set it so everyone spawned has "turned in chaos book" flag set to on then then add checks to prevent certain groups from attacking each other from there? There has to be some kind of workaround.

Envious
06-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Wehrmacht, nobody gives a flying fuck about the fagtastic SZ diety based teams.

As for the non-shit team servers from live, they consisted of 3 teams. So making racially based team server would require reworking from live.

The fuck, are you completely braindead?

Darksinga
06-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Though I played on VZ, I would like to try a fully FFA server.

Not only does it same by far the easiest to code, but just copy/paste P99 and do a release. As far as "noobs will get griefed off the server,"...

Do we really want some one on R99 that will quit after dying a few times in pvp? Please no bluebies.

Overall... It's a Win to have full out FFA pvp. No leaderboard. No item loot. None of that bull. Just pvp for the reputation and fun of pvping.

wehrmacht
06-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Though I played on VZ, I would like to try a fully FFA server.

Not only does it same by far the easiest to code, but just copy/paste P99 and do a release. As far as "noobs will get griefed off the server,"...

Do we really want some one on R99 that will quit after dying a few times in pvp? Please no bluebies.

Overall... It's a Win to have full out FFA pvp. No leaderboard. No item loot. None of that bull. Just pvp for the reputation and fun of pvping.

While FFA sounds like it would be fun, it pretty much blows. One or two guilds control everything on the server then everyone else quits. Seriously, that's exactly what happens on the EQ emu PvP servers. If you want a server that dies after 1-2 months, FFA is the way to go.

JayDee
06-02-2011, 11:54 PM
While FFA sounds like it would be fun, it pretty much blows. One or two guilds control everything on the server then everyone else quits. Seriously, that's exactly what happens on the EQ emu PvP servers. If you want a server that dies after 1-2 months, FFA is the way to go.

lolol no

Reasons VZTZ died:
Wipes
GM corruption/Lack of GM activity
Bad Coding

Couple other reasons that don't come to mind I'm sure.

Practically everyone was a committed die hard player during 1.0.

Rushmore
06-02-2011, 11:56 PM

If it's teams your team might alienate you from raid loot. Which then you cannot respond in violence towards them. So Teams is always a bad idea.

Jigga
06-03-2011, 12:50 AM
Wehr thinks sz, the server that died in less than a year, is the best server and should be copied. Obviously when we look back and want to create the best server we have to look at the one that lost the most population and had the lowest population

wehrmacht
06-03-2011, 02:13 AM
Wehr thinks sz, the server that died in less than a year, is the best server and should be copied. Obviously when we look back and want to create the best server we have to look at the one that lost the most population and had the lowest population

Jigga, *****, whoever you are, I was killing 400 green con halflings a day while you were glaming in EC tunnel on Karana. You may refer to me as sir in future posts.

Doors
06-03-2011, 02:30 AM
Ton Po's Bo Stick of Wehrmacht Raging

http://common.allakhazam.com/images/4/2/4214b83af3bbf997b8fc2f28fdf8b94f.png

Prince
06-03-2011, 02:37 AM
Jigga, *****, whoever you are, I was killing 400 green con halflings a day while you were glaming in EC tunnel on Karana. You may refer to me as sir in future posts.

gm ban for racism plz

this harassment will not be tolerated

bennyrz
06-03-2011, 10:25 AM
1 item loot
allow training---its soo much fun! kills off fuckin bluebies farming shit

Moonface
06-03-2011, 11:35 AM
gm ban for racism plz

this harassment will not be tolerated

here's your diaper

Jigga
06-03-2011, 11:51 AM

Good job at killing green cons, i guess. Pretty much sums up your skill as a pvper. Cant dispute it. anyone agree?

Sheds light on why you want SZ server, you want to get on the winning team to ride their coat tails and kill the other team lowbies.

Titanuk
06-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Root is obviously unfair to have.

are the high priest going to be on the same team?

Haul
06-03-2011, 01:17 PM
also make it RZ style, 1 item loot, ffa pvp, and keep the same xp grind as in p99

I support this.

Haul
06-03-2011, 01:19 PM

No level limit is retarded and it won't happen. You're delusional noob.

Jigga
06-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Increase exp rate slightly but have exp loss in pvp, maybe like 1/5 or 1/4 the amount in pve

wehrmacht
06-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Good job at killing green cons, i guess. Pretty much sums up your skill as a pvper. Cant dispute it. anyone agree?

Sheds light on why you want SZ server, you want to get on the winning team to ride their coat tails and kill the other team lowbies.

I never killed a man that didn't deserve to die

Jigga
06-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Pussy player is a pussy player is a pussy player.

Wehr stop being a pussy and only killing greens and freaking it out that heresy killed you.

Cant dispute it

wehrmacht
06-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Pussy player is a pussy player is a pussy player.

Wehr stop being a pussy and only killing greens and freaking it out that heresy killed you.

Cant dispute it

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5521/rexx.jpg

Prince
06-03-2011, 09:08 PM
my favorite is searyxs above post where he was making fun of all the fires of heaven retards who thought the gms were buddy-buddy with rexx/heresy, and how wehrmact uses it as evidence to prove the idea that searyx was ridiculing

Koota
06-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Cool suggestions.

wehrmacht
06-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Cool suggestions.

Here's a suggestion. Make the server no rules and no level limits.

Here's what PvP looks like on a server where training is illegal after we already just killed this guy's group twice:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4506/adfasdfy.jpg

Lasher
06-04-2011, 01:31 AM
http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/cwz319/EQ000083.jpg

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/cwz319/EQ000084-2.jpg
I had fun

wehrmacht
06-04-2011, 01:33 AM
I counted 32-34 in that screenshot, there's a Heresy screenshot with 40 on /who all

Tajin
06-05-2011, 08:34 PM
As most of u know EVERYONE on vztz had MQ / Showeq, except me of course...So I suggest a harsh punnishment in those found to be using. Suspension and character ban?.... perhaps IP ban, same punishment for p99 should be the same here... let me know what yall think

fiegi
06-05-2011, 09:01 PM
except me of course as well

JayDee
06-05-2011, 09:26 PM
up, up , down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start

fiegi
06-05-2011, 10:00 PM
wasn't it select start ?:confused:

solid
06-05-2011, 10:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Code

Rushmore
06-05-2011, 10:34 PM
PLEASE FUCKING STOP.....NEVER EVER BAN PEOPLE FOR CHEATING. JUST DELETE THERE TOON.

Rushmore
06-05-2011, 10:35 PM
unless of course its a low lvl toon. than ban. Sorry didnt know the caps were that big.

fiegi
06-05-2011, 10:42 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Code

ohhhhhhhhhh right now i remember

Akim
06-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Don't ban? Please. If you're caught cheating you need a ban stick slap to the face.

solid
06-05-2011, 10:53 PM
PLEASE FUCKING STOP.....NEVER EVER BAN PEOPLE FOR CHEATING. JUST DELETE THERE TOON.

their*

Prince
06-05-2011, 10:59 PM
they're**

Haul
06-06-2011, 01:16 AM
their*

lol

Pudge
06-06-2011, 01:19 AM
delete toon, and 4 month ban sounds good to me.

however i hear null is cooking up some anti-hax?

fiegi
06-06-2011, 01:32 AM
1 year ban if caught hacking it up, with an appeal process since every now and then theres a schmuck GM like Puma, which always is a disaster

Rushmore
06-06-2011, 03:13 PM
their*

lol

I say don't ban players because its one less person playing. Just delete all there hard work and let them start over. If 100 people are playing the server and 10%-20% of them cheat I don't want you to ban them. Banning them isn't really a punishment. How many times to people just get new ip's and play different toons?

Delete there characters please. Thank You Come Again

Tajin
06-06-2011, 04:57 PM
ITEM LOOT... STOP BEING PUSSIES!

Rushmore
06-06-2011, 06:37 PM
we all need them to play with us tho.

fiegi
06-06-2011, 06:46 PM
we need a server first and foremost:(

JayDee
06-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Tornado pk'd the box

wehrmacht
06-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Box was scam

Haul
06-07-2011, 10:29 AM
ITEM LOOT... STOP BEING PUSSIES!

Nirgon
06-07-2011, 04:54 PM
I agree with item loot.. should be a risk to having on your best gear but not a risk against *all* of it. No drop was a great system. You'd have to guage it in a beta if the masses will be able to stomach it. For instance, things that tend to tip people in a "too powerful" direction like full diamond, dragon haste.. imo there should be a risk in wearing these things.

No loots from main hand / ranged though.

Lasher
06-07-2011, 06:47 PM
I would want item loot if it didnt stunt the population and give people more reasons to avoid pvp and plug. Last time vztz had it in pvp was more scarce and big battles didnt happen as much. Then they took item loot out and a good amount of people came back and played more and fights happened more and less plugging happened.

So i am torn. I like item loot but i dont like what it did to the population last time vztz had it. But maybe it will be different

JayDee
06-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Only thing good that ever came out of item loot on vztz was hearing knoxx bitch in vent everytime he lost a Tcrown.

JayDee
06-07-2011, 07:00 PM
TBH, it's not even worth debating over item loot and level restrictions for pvp.

It will be coin loot only and 7-10 level pvp range.

Lasher
06-07-2011, 07:14 PM
I only lost two things that had any value. Eboots when i was 1 vs 3ing whorella and friend and whorella got a stun on me and Frog crown to finkl,keto, and anova the last night before they removed item loot.

I also remember skunky got Pked with his shawl on in fear and i had to run my warrior in sacfrafice since for some reason if you someone died after another person but you hadnt already looted the first person it would not let you loot the first, so i was able to safe his shawl and lost a bd earring

Nirgon
06-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Item loot is a gamble, there's people that want it and those who don't.

Almost across the board, it's a deal breaker for one side (no item loot) but not the other. I think it's healthier for the server maybe not to have it but for reasons I listed above... you're adding benefits to attacking another raid or pvping hence more incentive to go out and gank people.

Now it's true that people are less likely to level in their gear and more likely to go out and gank in gear (esp cheap resist stuff). I think it adds a fun element but I definitely expect to hear stories of people going nuclear over it and rage quitting.

Lastly, if item loot isn't implemented... I dunno about the name p99Red... know what I'm sayin'.

Rushmore
06-07-2011, 08:00 PM
95% of the server will pvp naked. And it will deter people from playing.
Why can't people understand this.

Delik
06-07-2011, 08:03 PM
I admit I am a blue server player, however a server like this peeks my interest because I used to play UO before they fucked it up with no pvp on trammel shard bullshit.

I have never done PVP in EQ though. I am not sure how I would react to someone who took an item off me. I am also not sure if I would like some asshole 15 lvls higher then me killing me cause he can. If it was within 8 to 10 levels maybe but when its someone you stand no chance against with your spells not even landing cause of level difference that is crap. Correct me if I am wrong, which I am sure you will.

Otherwise sign me up and where do I donate.

Lasher
06-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Item loot is a gamble, there's people that want it and those who don't.

Almost across the board, it's a deal breaker for one side (no item loot) but not the other. I think it's healthier for the server maybe not to have it but for reasons I listed above... you're adding benefits to attacking another raid or pvping hence more incentive to go out and gank people.

Now it's true that people are less likely to level in their gear and more likely to go out and gank in gear (esp cheap resist stuff). I think it adds a fun element but I definitely expect to hear stories of people going nuclear over it and rage quitting.

Lastly, if item loot isn't implemented... I dunno about the name p99Red... know what I'm sayin'.

I loved looting an item off a pc corpse, i got my Tcrown that way and most of my resist jewelry too. Its the best way to grief someone. Take their t crown or jac ring that they probably spent countless hours trying to get.

Pudge
06-08-2011, 08:40 AM
lol i remember knoxx and his T-crowns. it was like he was tranix himself.. we farmed 3 of them off him

that time skunky died in fear it was to plopz, and because the big pvp was going on he forgot to loot him.. it was so sad. i remember that. i'm sure plopz was sad too. we kept saying "naw he wouldn't have it equipped anyway in mass pvp, he couldn't have had it on.."

item loot was definitely fun but it really does come at the cost of a lower population, and lower quality pvp (bagging, plugging, hesitation to even battle) and red99 would be worse off for it

Tumdumm
06-08-2011, 10:33 AM
whats plugging, unplugging?

Duma
06-08-2011, 11:02 AM
I admit I am a blue server player, however a server like this peeks my interest because I used to play UO before they fucked it up with no pvp on trammel shard bullshit.

I have never done PVP in EQ though.

Trammel happened because Richard Garriott originally designed the game thinking people would play the game first and PvP would happen secondary as an act of roleplay, or at least isolated incidents, and could be player policed with murder flags, jailing, etc.

In reality people who never touched an actual single player Ultima game flooded the servers and just decided to grief as many people as possible for shits and giggles. They couldn't care less about the game or the servers and it turned into the same train wreck that every PvP server in every MMO since has become.

The only game with PvP as an (almost) focus that succeeded was World of Warcraft and that was only because it didn't matter how many times you got griefed or PK'd their was NO penalty at all.

Trammel was mandatory. As is keeping a muzzle on all the sociopaths posing as "PvP fans".

Nirgon
06-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Judging by how the whole guild war thing went down in Velious on RZ, I'm not sure plans had been made for anything that serious to go down. Rules were made up on the fly etc, we even saw zones get shut down for the night. Now it's obvious at this point but Duma is right, that's how PvP got planned - result of RP not for cock blocking people from Sleeper Keys or raid mobs. I'd post what I saw but I don't want to be giving anyone any funny "idears". It was out of control.

I can't imagine being the CSR team putting up with that.

There just needs to be a general "(terrible) shit happens" understanding by the players when they roll here.

Not having "official" forums except for bug reporting isn't a horrible idea for this thing either after it launches. Sending in petitions need to take the place of troll and flame posts directed at guilds or GMs to try and isolate the stink to its mound. That considered, forum bans for anyone starting such a thread under the bug reporting section is a great idea!

Well put Duma, sociopaths posing as PvP fans.

Nirgon
06-08-2011, 11:45 AM
More on the CSR issue, given the odd hours that things spawn and shit goes down.. what expectation if any can people set for getting things handled? Next day bans are probably a best bet.

The question I might ask myself, "is losing a raid mob worth one or more enemies getting banned"?

On a P99 leveling curve? Yes, absolutely.

A GM can "PK" someone much harder than a player. I'd be willling to make that trade in a total war scenario.

Hell, I'd venture to say a (MAYBE not THE) major factor in losing our war on live was many of our guild officers and those of other guilds comprosing our operation getting GM pwned. I will have to add, the reasons for this were valid for every case I heard in full.

Lasher
06-08-2011, 01:24 PM
My preferences is to have the least amount of involvement from GM as possible. That is not saying i dont want any involvement, mainly just for banning/suspending for hacking exploiting. Problem with gms intervening is gms are not on at all hours and each gm handles situations differently.I ahve seen one GM suspend people and another GM just give a warning for the same infraction. Also most infractions in my opinion didnt require an gm to even get involved.

I want an ideal pvp server but its not going to happen. It would be nice if a GM was always present when a train happened but they arent. I woud rather let traning be legal and handled by players rather than GM subjectively punishing people/guild that they believe trained. Plane of Fear and Hate is notorious to get accidental trains. I have seen people suspended for getting aggro and training tha aggro away but what the GM saw was X person with a bunch of mobs on them. I am not saying people dont train is just that patrolling training really hurts the people/guilds that play during hours that GM usually on for. I dont know who or how many gms p99 will have but odds are it is going to be easier to train and get away with it during off hours, like late night or early morning.

Anyways my rule preference is training legal, bind camping legal, corpse camping legal, bind rushing legal. Gm sees you harrassing someone by CCing them for an hour than i think its safe to say he can ask you to stop first and you can either stop or dont and if you dont he then can do what ever.

Nirgon
06-08-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm more interested in a train like you look at logs and see *1* person from enemy guild zone into plane of fear and then 3 minutes later a total wipe (poss monk scrimmage afterwards).

Shit like 3 people in guild A are in a zone and 3 people from guild B are in a zone, 1 on each side dies to mobs and cries for GMs = let that go. Odds are in those kinds of engagements, unless feign death is used that both sides are hurt in some way by the train.

Running in and FD/dying for the sole intention of wiping a raid can be pretty obvious, and I believe that should be flagged as a 1 suspension warnable offense (edit: this kind of gives a guild of average size 30 free raid wipe trains if used right...). Might I also add not to forget the Gate spell as a great way to train people and escape.

Less obvious is guild A has 20 in plane of fear, 15-20 from guild B zone in and subsequently low hp person from guild B in a last ditch effort body tags mobs (easy to see if they used abil on mob before death for intentional train) and player(s) from guild A kills player from guild B leaving a wake of mobs that kills most of guild A (the killing team). Really what I'm doing here is trying to say how objective can this decision process be and what are they logging here. Another piece of info is what piece of info shows intent to train in the staffs eyes and what doesn't.

If training will not be legal, you need to define those rules so this "go to the cards" shit with arm chair referees in tells and msg board posts doesn't decide player account status and F up the server's image.

I think it's important to have such discussions in advance at least to get a common sense mill going for reasonable expectations. It has to be discussed as some point and it helps the staff get these things moving.

Moving away from that, bind rushing, corpse camping yadda yadda - allow both especially if no item loot. If you kill a player near his bind point and stick around, don't be all shocked if naked victim comes back and assists his buddies in a kill. Further, there is such a thing as encouraging breaking of the rules. Kill someone and move the F on. Don't start some childish "don't touch me or I'll scream" baby shit. It's a stupid rule to enforce and encourages players to fight the other guild at their bind point to get people suspended/banned.

Lastly, intentional xp lossing - discuss. IMO illegal in cases where player is rooted and/or brought to low hp and a mob allowed to beat them down. Again, the question arises of what do they log here. We can't be enforcing things that aren't logged imo.

Tajin
06-08-2011, 07:32 PM
IMO we should leave item loot, red99 is gonna have a big turnout regardless of item loot or not, i doubt it would deter alot of people. If it does take it out, like last box.... people just need to stop being pussies.

Rushmore
06-08-2011, 07:46 PM
IMO we should leave item loot, red99 is gonna have a big turnout regardless of item loot or not, i doubt it would deter alot of people. If it does take it out, like last box.... people just need to stop being pussies.

its going to have 1/4 of the amount of people with item loot in. Would you rather have 50 naked people to pvp against or 200 people to kill with no item loot.

Tajin
06-08-2011, 08:45 PM
its going to have 1/4 of the amount of people with item loot in. Would you rather have 50 naked people to pvp against or 200 people to kill with no item loot.

You are assuming this... red99 is gonna be epic... the best pvp since the golden days of vztz ... the true pvpers are gonna be there regardless and the bluebies will still play it as a nice escape, i dont think it will be that much of a determining factor.

Pudge
06-08-2011, 09:17 PM
whats plugging, unplugging?

plugging = you're about to get killed, but quickly zone and then "pull the plug" on your internet connection/close out the program before you zone. so you avoid death

Tajin
06-08-2011, 09:29 PM
that time skunky died in fear it was to plopz, and because the big pvp was going on he forgot to loot him.. it was so sad. i remember that. i'm sure plopz was sad too. we kept saying "naw he wouldn't have it equipped anyway in mass pvp, he couldn't have had it on.."

i remember this... i yelled at him for not looting, and we thought skunky was trolling for linking and saying it... didnt he loot his FBSS?... those days were fun, pudge we need to bring the old gang back together

Bootcamp
06-14-2011, 03:07 AM
Well my suggestion would be that people could already start playing on p99 and let them have a free character transfer for 1 character to the red p99. You couldnt switch back to blue because then you couldnt provide me with yellow text.

Knuckle
06-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Well my suggestion would be that people could already start playing on p99 and let them have a free character transfer for 1 character to the red p99. You couldnt switch back to blue because then you couldnt provide me with yellow text.

That would never happen, mostly because you could have an entire raid guild of 60s hop over on day 1. Bad idea.