PDA

View Full Version : Reds been great

UrkTheSlayer
05-17-2021, 01:49 AM
First off I gotta say, thank you guys. Reds been awesome, I’ve met a lot of radical nerds just like me and acquired a metric fuckton of exp.

Are the forums seriously this wack because people who don’t play on red post on its forums? Cause there’s a lotta finger pointing like that going on.

Tunabros
05-17-2021, 01:50 AM
it sounds boring

so it is boring

UrkTheSlayer
05-17-2021, 02:13 AM
it sounds boring

so it is boring

it sounds boring

so it is boring

Friday I got to level 5 in a couple hours and made friends with a lvl 33 enchanter, he’s giving me clarity every now and then and gives me 50p and a shiny brass shield. I make a set of patchwork and get bags and all my spells.

Saturday I get to 16, chanters friend is some epic’d 60 Druid that hooks me up with some plat, two 45 hp rings a brells keg popper and potg throughout the day. He was fighting with some necro throughout the day, don’t think either of them ever got a kill. Like through the middle of runneye while he’s trying to buff me and this other halfling I was grouping with. It was awesome. He plvled me from 13-14 real quick at a superer dope Druid solo spot I rode out halfway to 16.

Today(Sunday) I got to 20, Urky Erk <Sanctuary> 20 Halfling Druid of Karana, I started off by linking up with an iksar necro in high pass and scored him some bone chips. When I was trying to hook him up with bone chips there was a fuckton of action in misty, for sure a couple kills and for sure one in plane of mischief- one of the necros in on the juicy action is who finally gave me a stack of chips for free for him. I ended up with one of the 25% packs and we both got a little exp but it was fun learning the camp and noone died. Then I linked up with some super twink ogre sk for uguk, his troll homie came on later who had normal gear. We FUCKED THAT PLACE UP. I got like 4 or 5 upgrades.

If you don’t think red is poppin then I’m not sure if you really know how to play EQ.

Heywood
05-17-2021, 03:47 AM
Red is where it's at.

Pras 11/10 would read again.

Uuruk
05-17-2021, 10:43 AM
is this that retard magnettrannys new account or something

UrkTheSlayer
05-17-2021, 01:36 PM
is this that retard magnettrannys new account or something

No bitch, stop trying to rip off my forum handle.

I’m the real Urk, you’re the fake one with fucked up spelling.

Tunabros
05-17-2021, 01:46 PM
you know what, red does sound kinda fun

but only if you have people to play with

its not really fun to solo all the time

Gustoo
05-17-2021, 06:46 PM
Red is classic everquest, so its OK.

It's pvp enabled so it's better than blue and green.

But I've been complaining since day 1 when they made it no item loot.

For the guys that didn't want item loot I don't really know what there is to complain about and maybe that is the staff's position.

I do wish we could elect to have 2.0 server never go to velious and preferably never go to kunark.

Tunabros
05-17-2021, 07:45 PM
Red is classic everquest, so its OK.

It's pvp enabled so it's better than blue and green.

But I've been complaining since day 1 when they made it no item loot.

For the guys that didn't want item loot I don't really know what there is to complain about and maybe that is the staff's position.

I do wish we could elect to have 2.0 server never go to velious and preferably never go to kunark.

so when you kill someone, you just loot items not gear?

UrkTheSlayer
05-17-2021, 07:50 PM
Just coin tuna

Tunabros
05-18-2021, 05:10 PM
Just coin tuna

then whats the point of killing people on red

UrkTheSlayer
05-18-2021, 06:40 PM
I think people at 60 do it for fun most of the time, and bragging rights.

The point is to play the same way you would on green without elf lawyers. Sure the pop is a lil low but I’d rather play low pop then with people who jack spawns, lawyer quest and imho don’t respect the classic vision.

Let’s say me and some homies are camping MR in unrest. On green someone can come into BR and take our spawns because those spawns are out of sight, as the p99 rules are written.

It doesn’t matter if you knew back in 1999 MR is the whole first floor if you can keep the spawns down, you lose three of your spawns due to elf lawyers not respecting classic and citing rules.

On red you would just kill them until they call “loot and scoot” meaning they get to get their gear and leave and you don’t kill them.

On Red this would probably almost never happen, because people are aware of the consequences. They would send tells first and ask if it was okay to get a spawn or two.

UrkTheSlayer
05-18-2021, 06:48 PM
This is all just assumption, the most pvp I’ve gotten into was keeping auto attack on as I swapped targets to give one of my group mates thorns.

El Camacho
05-19-2021, 08:41 AM
then whats the point of killing people on red

PvP on red is mainly about zone and content control.

Death penalties don't make the actual experience of PvP more or less fun and often just make people try to avoid it.

When the elements are right, PvP on red can be crazy fun.

Tune
05-19-2021, 09:37 AM
This is all just assumption, the most pvp I’ve gotten into was keeping auto attack on as I swapped targets to give one of my group mates thorns.

there is little to no pvp

also plenty of lawyer quest

UrkTheSlayer
05-19-2021, 11:27 AM
there is little to no pvp

also plenty of lawyer quest

Plenty of lawyer quest is less then complete lawyer quest though, right?

Kerwin 5.0
05-19-2021, 02:28 PM
cringe

UrkTheSlayer
05-19-2021, 04:42 PM
cringe

gaffin i miss when u had the curvy woman booty gif as avatar. hope all is well and not doing amphetamines anymore

Lol dude is a tweaker and tries to shame my words with some cliche(arguably cringy) shit like “cringe”.

reebz
05-19-2021, 04:56 PM
Gustoo why do you hate velious so much if you didnt even play it? Velious on red was a lot of fun for the first few months. 250+ pop a few new guilds started up (of course they failed), and a lot of places to find PvP.

This is coming from someone who never killed a single Ntov dragon so if your going to say the gear gap is to much get better then try again.

strongNpretty
05-19-2021, 05:01 PM
Lol dude is a tweaker and tries to shame my words with some cliche(arguably cringy) shit like “cringe”.

Dude is saying cringe, with a signature that says P99 legend.. This dude probably has a list of nicknames he gave himself as a child...

UrkTheSlayer
05-19-2021, 05:18 PM
Dude is saying cringe, with a signature that says P99 legend.. This dude probably has a list of nicknames he gave himself as a child...

4reelz, can’t get anymore cringy then a self proclaimed legend.

magnetaress
05-19-2021, 08:58 PM
Ops thread is magnetaress approved and appreciated.

UrkTheSlayer
05-19-2021, 09:56 PM
Ops thread is magnetaress approved and appreciated.

It was bait to declare my toon so other forum questers know I’m not some ghost troll.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-20-2021, 04:59 PM
Come live your dreams on red and let the game loosen its grips on you in peace.

Once you realize that you probably only play with your friends anyways, every other zone being deserted turns into a blessing, not a curse. Doing a /who all count on blue/green just returns a huge number of people you’ll probably never interact with anyways. Enjoy the game how you want and lay down your ruins of kubark expansion pack at the feet of mith marr in the temple of ro.

The best thing for your life is when EQ loses its magic but you still get the visit the museum from time to time.

Symbioticforks
05-21-2021, 01:37 AM
Red is good times. There's not much to complain about, and what little there is can be contributed to a select few largely ignorable bad apples. There's way more annoying people to deal with on green / blue.

Imago
05-21-2021, 02:56 AM
Sounds like the spreadsheet is getting thin

Kaelyn
05-21-2021, 10:16 AM
you know what, red does sound kinda fun

but only if you have people to play with

its not really fun to solo all the time

Blue/green. Solo doing nothing 30-45 mins waiting for a spot to open up in a over populated zone

Red solo Killin stuff getting exp 30-45 mins waiting for others to log in

There's a trade off. I'll take red

Jibartik
05-21-2021, 11:41 AM
eventually you're going to find out that you're surrounded by rapists and murderers.

UrkTheSlayer
05-21-2021, 04:44 PM
I don’t mind murderers, it’s the rapists I’ll sos.

Cwall 146.0
05-21-2021, 05:19 PM
Sounds like the spreadsheet is getting thin

LOL

Symbioticforks
05-22-2021, 12:31 AM
hurr hurr

Tunabros
05-22-2021, 12:49 AM
you know what, ill try red and actually play it

but I feel like I will solo a lot but screw it

lets go a monk (human because I'm hardcore)

Tassador
05-23-2021, 12:44 PM
Soloing a monk to 50+ very doable on red. The only one that can stop you is yourself.

Gustoo
05-24-2021, 02:50 PM
But being a human with no throwing boulders or regen is pretty much a self nutshot. I guess it doesn't matter. Ask Nihilum guild leader if you can just have his BIS human monk character that is probably unbanned and has items from mobs that can no longer be killed.

Gustoo
05-24-2021, 02:51 PM
Sorry no boulders on monks but still human is a self nerf kinda hard, but it is nice being a good guy.

chevy79bu
06-08-2021, 08:38 AM
Red was pretty fun for me as well while it lasted. About 6 months ago I leveled a druid up to 52 on Red. Its fun when you first come from a server like Green because you all the sudden have access to any and all content instead of having to find something that isn't already camped. But then between the lonely game play and the idiot greifers that occasionally come around (but will absolutely never leave until you log off) it becomes worse than just dealing with the jobless elf lawyers of Green and Blue. I have now found that I am back on Blue full time. It feels good being able to still find camps that I want to play in as well as having the option to socialize with people. I just wish that the p99 staff could somehow allow server to server trading again. Sitting with 30k plat on green that I will never use unless it merges into Blue.

Samaritan
06-13-2021, 01:07 PM
Red was pretty fun for me as well while it lasted. About 6 months ago I leveled a druid up to 52 on Red. Its fun when you first come from a server like Green because you all the sudden have access to any and all content instead of having to find something that isn't already camped. But then between the lonely game play and the idiot greifers that occasionally come around (but will absolutely never leave until you log off) it becomes worse than just dealing with the jobless elf lawyers of Green and Blue. I have now found that I am back on Blue full time. It feels good being able to still find camps that I want to play in as well as having the option to socialize with people. I just wish that the p99 staff could somehow allow server to server trading again. Sitting with 30k plat on green that I will never use unless it merges into Blue.

QQ

Darwinism at work. I'm glad you're happy on Blue!

Gustoo
06-14-2021, 01:18 PM
Server -> server trading was the absolute best fun there was.

Jontheripper
06-18-2021, 04:41 PM
I just rolled my standard main onto red and I have to say, thx for the great time. I managed to kill enough moss sneks to make half a stack of bog juice which paired nicely with my wooly spider crunches. Tonight I hope to save up enough gold to buy a sewing kit and turn all my wolf pelts into some armor.

Disease
06-18-2021, 08:12 PM
I just rolled my standard main onto red and I have to say, thx for the great time. I managed to kill enough moss sneks to make half a stack of bog juice which paired nicely with my wooly spider crunches. Tonight I hope to save up enough gold to buy a sewing kit and turn all my wolf pelts into some armor.

What class did you roll? I may have some stuff for you

Lurgort/Sseri
07-05-2021, 12:54 PM
I still have a level 54 Shaman sitting on Red...did manage to get my epic with the help of some fine elf gentlemen.

Tassador
07-05-2021, 01:15 PM
I should have tons of tons 500k+ plats, dragon loot, tov gear and fuck all that I want a rusty 2 h combat. Also god bless America

Darlore
07-06-2021, 08:57 AM
Just rolled on red after a few year hiatus. Can confirm still the best server. Tunabros & other red noobs, happy to link up in game and get some groups going. Just started rolling with two other pals and we have a good time.

Gustoo
09-29-2021, 04:24 PM
Just rolled on red after a few year hiatus. Can confirm still the best server. Tunabros & other red noobs, happy to link up in game and get some groups going. Just started rolling with two other pals and we have a good time.

Updates from Darlore?

I agree best server. Still waiting for new one.