PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Enchanter agro in general

guineapig
03-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Here are a list of a few things that seem off with regards to Enchanter aggro.

Most of it has been mentioned before but I wanted to compile the list somewhere:

Tash: This entire line of spells does not seem to cause as much agro as it used to on live. I can cast tash on a planes mob as it's being pulled and the mob doesn't even flinch.

Chanter Nukes: I can do absolutely nothing to a mob till it's half dead but if I land a nuke at around 50% (in a 3-4 group raid) the mob runs away from our 2 SK tanks, passes all the wizards and clerics doing complete heals and starts pounding on me as if I just dropped a triple ice comet or something. I know our spell has a an instant stun component but let's be serious! It usually takes an SK some serious effort to peel the mob off me after that. If the nuke gets resisted, forget about it. I'm either the main tank for the rest of the fight or a floor pizza. Our nuke agro is boosted way past epic proportions.

Alliance line: We all know about it, I know the devs are working on it, just posting it to keep it all together. If your an enchanter, DO NOT try to cast this on anyone unless your intent is to pull a mob.

Illusion factions: Either Earth Elemental or Spirit Wolf (not certain which anymore) should make you able to purchase from the Brownie merchants in Lfay but neither work.

I have not had as many issues with slow and dot, the agro with those seems okay to me but others might want to comment. I do not get to use those spells too often lately. Cripple seems to be okay though.

swamp
03-04-2010, 02:22 PM
I agree with the Nukes and Alliance parts

Bakaris
03-05-2010, 05:42 AM
Tash: This entire line of spells does not seem to cause as much agro as it used to on live. I can cast tash on a planes mob as it's being pulled and the mob doesn't even flinch.

I have to disagree. Tashania, the 44 enc tash causes alot of agro - alot more than our earlier Tash. Our earlier tash was like no agro at all, but the 44 tash is.

I have to agree on Enchanter nuke - its insane agro. And agree on Alliance too. Havent tested the illusion stuff ;)

Haynar
03-06-2010, 02:08 AM
A fix has been made for the Alliance line of spells, pending patching to live.

Haynar

Aeolwind
03-06-2010, 09:27 AM
We'll check into tash.

There is no added hate to enchanter nukes. =(

And we'll have to check into a possible source fix for wolf/elemental as "brownie" isn't a base faction. However, the alliance fix may resolve some of this.

Malrubius
03-06-2010, 11:45 AM

Haynar

Oh HELL yeah!!! Thank you!

Scrooge
03-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Well, actually casting Alliance on anything does not yield aggro as the spell does not take hold to begin with. Benevolence however (in the same spell series), does indeed cause aggro.

As for purchasing spells from Brownie merchant, well....you have more than enough tools to do so, especially as an Enchanter without any trouble. I just got mine yesterday, took all of about 1min to "set the stage" so to speak.

The only problem I've found with the L44 Tash is that it cannot overwrite itself.

Turbo
03-06-2010, 03:21 PM

Haynar

Will the same go for bard's faction song?

Haynar
03-06-2010, 03:47 PM
I dont know about bards. I just started looking at some of the bard issues last night. So I will check on that as I figure out how bards work.

Haynar

guineapig
03-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the update guys!
Guess I'm glad im getting my solro alliance rod quest done after all.

Yes, I should have clarified that I was referring to the earlier tash spell, working on the lvl 44 tash quest today actually.