PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes, Sunday, May 29th, 2011

Rogean
05-29-2011, 05:38 AM
This patch contains a new spells file. Please download the latest EQ Changes V10 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv10.zip) from the setup guide.

There have been many significant changes to core mechanics and formulas in this patch. As always please report your findings with informative posts in the bug forums (DO NOT /petition, Developers CAN NOT SEE IT). We will work to tune and tweak these changes.

Code

Kanras: Potential fix for client shutdowns that were accompanied by "ERROR: String not found (#)" in logs.
Kanras: Classic 2H dmg bonus.
Kanras: Crippling blows have chance to stun.
Kanras: Fix for NPCs summoning after player zones.
Kanras: If a mob is moving (fear/flee don't count) when the damage from a dot is applied, it will take 66% of the damage that it would have normally taken.
Kanras: Defense and attack skill caps now affect avoidance/accuracy calculations.
Kanras: Frenzy aggro (low hp aggro) increased.
Kanras: Invuln effects will no longer protect caster against already existing DOT spells.
Kanras: Vendors will be more specific about why they won't sell to you.
Kanras: Cure messages will no longer specify what effect was cured.
Kanras: NPCs get innate 20% resist to rain spells.
Kanras: All attacks by clients except throwing and archery now using new mitigation formula to more accurately distribute hits.
Kanras: Rogues can critical hit, deadly strike, and assassinate on throwing attacks.
Kanras: Reduced throwing damage multiplier.
Kanras: All classes that can exceed 200 BW can bind to 70%
Kanras: Can only assassinate humanoid targets
Kanras: Fixed NPC kick/bash damage.
Kanras: Level 56+ NPCs are immune to stuns.
Kanras: Monk weight limit reduced to 14 for all levels.
Kanras: More classic root/snare/sow stacking conflicts.
Kanras: Fix defensive to not affect damage bonus portion of melee damage.
Kanras: Reduced monk flying kick min damage above 50.
Kanras: Removed hybrid spell casting haste above 50.
Kanras: Code support for formula 120.

Content

Nilbog: Added Guard Wefnin's missing dialogue.
Nilbog: Gharin will now accept Crows Brew for the Note quest.
Nilbog: Te`Anara will reward you for Gharin's note.
Nilbog: Tovax and Scruffy will switch depending on night/day. Grids corrected.
Nilbog: Added Tovax Vmar's aggro and death text.
Nilbog: General V'Deers and the Overthere dragoons patrol and return home correctly.
Nilbog: Orc scalp drops were missing from some npcs throughout the world. Added.
Nilbog/Kanras: Grobb will now have doors...
Uthgaard: Regen removed from Robe of Living Fungus
Uthgaard/Kanras: Classic discipline reuse timers.
Uthgaard/Kanras: Lots of work on classic discipline functionality.
Uthgaard/Kanras: Removed velious disciplines.
Uthgaard/Kanras: Fix for formula 120 spells (Soul Bond, Calimony)
Kanras: Necklace of Superiority drop moved from The Kly to Drusella Sathir.
Kanras: Fungus Covered Great Staff drop replaced by Fungi Covered Great Staff
Kanras: Rod of Mourning drop replaced by Rod of Lamentation
Kanras: Blade of the Black Dragon Eye drop replaced by Blade of the Green Dragon Eye
Kanras: Rod of Annihlation drop has been removed.
Kanras: Ton Po's Bo Stick of Understanding drop has been removed.

Fists
05-29-2011, 05:46 AM
woooo

Uaellaen
05-29-2011, 05:52 AM
EQEmulauncher (http://moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip) up to date. ..

Taslion
05-29-2011, 05:55 AM
Monk weight limit is now only 14 stones? Damn. When does that get changed to a per-level basis again?

ryandward
05-29-2011, 05:59 AM
I really wish wizards could crit.

Jadian
05-29-2011, 06:02 AM
Would happen while I was at the Crypt camp! Sigh.

Otur
05-29-2011, 06:07 AM
I'll admit in advance that I'am a newb to all this.
So my big question is, do I just unzip EQ Changes V10 into my EQ folder and replace the old files? It just sounded too simple O.o

Cheers~
Dan/Otur

Uaellaen
05-29-2011, 06:09 AM
So my big question is, do I just unzip EQ Changes V10 into my EQ folder and replace the old files? It just sounded too simple O.o

Cheers~
Dan/Otur

you do the same with it that you did to the previous V whatever changes zip when you installed ... or you use the EQEmulauncher (http://moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip) and it will automaticly update your spell files and keep them up todate if you keep starting EQ with it ... so never have to worry about spell files anymore ...

Hypeshot
05-29-2011, 06:09 AM
Im sad...

LazyFuj
05-29-2011, 06:10 AM

Cheers~
Dan/Otur

Yep just override those files in the EQ folder.

Bushido
05-29-2011, 06:13 AM

Cheers~
Dan/Otur

you put the dbstr_us.txt and spells_us.txt in your main eq folder(ie. C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\ ) and the GlobalLoad.txt in the Resources folder inside your main eq folder.

Dannermax
05-29-2011, 06:15 AM
For how long, do you expect the servers to be locked?

Do you think i am being impatient? :-)

Uaellaen
05-29-2011, 06:17 AM
20 ~30 mins was announced

Otur
05-29-2011, 06:19 AM
Thanks guys! (^_^)

Taslion
05-29-2011, 06:25 AM
Was tstaff buffed and it didn't make the notes?

vitalious
05-29-2011, 06:25 AM
Did the server reset? I literally logged back into prod camp when there were 8 people online and chancellor isnt up.

Jadian
05-29-2011, 06:28 AM
You just answered your own question then didn't ya skippy

vitalious
05-29-2011, 06:29 AM
You just answered your own question then didn't ya skippy

One of those 8 could have been super quick and snagged it! :D

kanras
05-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Was tstaff buffed and it didn't make the notes?

If I posted a change or bug fix in a bug thread, it will be in the following patch. Few of the changes that I make warrant being announced in the patch notes.

Taslion
05-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Well thats at least one piece of good news to be had for monks :)

doobiesnizax
05-29-2011, 06:33 AM
monks were never limited to 14 stones ...only lvl 1-51 was 14 the limit at 51 18 stones became your limit at 55 20 stones and at 60 24 stones... it was always this way

At 60, monks get:
# Skill Triple Attack
# Skill Flying Kick minimum damage raised to 48.
# Regen Rate (Human): 7 sitting, 5 FD, 4 standing
# Regen Rate (Iksar): 18 sitting, 14 FD, 12 standing
# Fists Damage/Delay (Human): 14/26
# Fists Damage/Delay (Iksar): 14/27
# Weight Limit: 24 stones
# Improved Damage Table

The triple attack, regen rate, weight limit, and fist damage have been around since kunark. At 50, their fists are (Human): 14/30, and (Iksar): 14/31

also Rogs never got critical hits until AA's lol

mwatt
05-29-2011, 06:45 AM
RE: If a mob is moving (fear/flee don't count) when the damage from a dot is applied, it will take 66% of the damage that it would have normally taken.
Kanras: Defense and attack skill caps now affect avoidance/accuracy calculations.

I remember this went in and there was a hue and a cry on live. It didn't last too long before they removed it. I am hoping someone remembers and can tell me how long that was. To be honest, I'm surprised this change went in, since it is going to end up getting removed anyway and it was lame in the first place.

falkun
05-29-2011, 06:50 AM
RE: If a mob is moving (fear/flee don't count) when the damage from a dot is applied, it will take 66% of the damage that it would have normally taken.

I remember this went in and there was a hue and a cry on live. It didn't last too long before they removed it. I am hoping someone remembers and can tell me how long that was. To be honest, I'm surprised this change went in, since it is going to end up getting removed anyway and it was lame in the first place.

Please, instead of broad generalizations, find the facts. When do you remember this change going in on live? (then find and link the associated patch note from http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19992002.php)

When did this change get reverted? (again go find patch notes).

Research 1/2-way done:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19990913.html
DoT Changes:
If the monster is in melee with you, there is no change to how a DoT spell works.
If the monster is running away from you (fear, wounded, etc.), there is no change to how a DoT spell works.
If the monster is moving when the damage from the DoT is applied (happens every few seconds), it will take 66% of the damage that it would have taken.
DoT spells have all had their duration slightly increased. If the monster moves for 18 seconds during a fight, it will take as much damage from the DoT as it would before the patch. If the monster moves for less then 18 seconds during a fight, your DoT will do more damage then it would have done before the patch. If the monster moves more then 18 seconds during the fight, it will take less damage then it would have before the patch.

P99 bards, we have been fucked.

Daltheb
05-29-2011, 06:58 AM
monks were never limited to 14 stones ...only lvl 1-51 was 14 the limit at 51 18 stones became your limit at 55 20 stones and at 60 24 stones... it was always this way

At 60, monks get:
# Skill Triple Attack
# Improved Damage Table

The triple attack, regen rate, weight limit, and fist damage have been around since kunark. At 50, their fists are (Human): 14/30, and (Iksar): 14/31

Monks had Triple Attack, but it was removed because it wasn't given to monks until Shadows of Luclin. (which you can see in these patch notes (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2001-2.html))

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure what Kanras intended regarding Monk weight limits, but at 60 it's still 24.

Nevron
05-29-2011, 07:23 AM
This is interesting:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19991208.html

"As previously mentioned, Paw becoming a mid-level dungeon is imminent. So heed our earlier warning!"

Moot at this point. It's unfortunate nobody seems to have the original paw data.

kanras
05-29-2011, 07:32 AM
EDIT: Also, I'm not sure what Kanras intended regarding Monk weight limits, but at 60 it's still 24.

The client does its own calculation for max hp, max mana, AC. The server has its own values, and those are the ones that are put to use.

anthony210
05-29-2011, 08:04 AM
I am doing more DPS with my standard fists than I am with a Tranquil Staff atm. Not sure whats going on with 2H damage but something isnt right.

Uaellaen
05-29-2011, 08:37 AM
i just crippled for 12 with my rod of mourning on my 51 warrior ... 4 ~5 times in a row *lol* ...

Jepaxis
05-29-2011, 08:38 AM
DOTs change patch is located at http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19990913.html

Only thing not mentioned if was implimented in the patch was "DoT spells have all had their duration slightly increased. If the monster moves for 18 seconds during a fight, it will take as much damage from the DoT as it would before the patch. If the monster moves for less then 18 seconds during a fight, your DoT will do more damage then it would have done before the patch. If the monster moves more then 18 seconds during the fight, it will take less damage then it would have before the patch."

Was duration increased? Sounds like the duration of all the DOTs were increased by 1 tick as part of this change.

tj218
05-29-2011, 08:51 AM

Rogues had critical hits, deadly strike, etc. on throwing weapons either with Kunark or very shortly thereafter.

"*Rogue Enhancements*

Rogues received several enhancements as part of this patch:

- The chance to score a critical hit with a throwing weapon has been
increased significantly.

- When throwing a weapon from behind the NPC in question, a rogue now
has a chance to score a "Deadly Strike", for enhanced damage above and
beyond that of a critical hit."

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2000-1.html - for proof.

Vidrata
05-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Stupid changes to dots were stupid on live 12 years ago. Stupid changes to dots are stupid now on P99.

Some things classic should not be implemented. This is one of them.

Shiftin
05-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Oh come on.

Skope
05-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Stupid changes to dots were stupid on live 12 years ago. Stupid changes to dots are stupid now on P99.

Some things classic should not be implemented. This is one of them.

you say that but play a wizard. Seeing a shaman doting once and killing a mob while kiting while it takes a weeezrd half his mana sucks donkeyballs.

On live you had to tank or root to get the full damage of the DoT. That's why so many shamans played the Hp/AC game, including myself.

It is totally fair and it makes perfect sense.

Uthgaard
05-29-2011, 10:12 AM
There was another unannounced change. We nerfed all of the 20 charge single dose potions you've been vendor abusing for months. Tremble in fear, for we can content dev again finally.

Chuggun
05-29-2011, 10:16 AM

I remember this as well. It lasted maybe a few weeks at most?

Meeks741
05-29-2011, 10:16 AM
This is the worst everquest patch ever! hahahaha still good job keeping it going with verant even when we hated them 8)

tj218
05-29-2011, 10:20 AM
If only the Devs had nerfed pets too, then we can get the crying from every sector.

I am enjoying the whining.

Skope
05-29-2011, 10:20 AM
There was another unannounced change. We nerfed all of the 20 charge single dose potions you've been vendor abusing for months. Tremble in fear, for we can content dev again finally.

what about the way the potions work? the minor > major pots, that is? I know the lower lvl trivial ones were behaving as if they were the highest lvl from the same line.

Vidrata
05-29-2011, 10:30 AM
you say that but play a wizard. Seeing a shaman doting once and killing a mob while kiting while it takes a weeezrd half his mana sucks donkeyballs.

On live you had to tank or root to get the full damage of the DoT. That's why so many shamans played the Hp/AC game, including myself.

It is totally fair and it makes perfect sense.

Kiting as a necro. Try it. Still takes about 40% mana to toss on all the dots (using lowest darkness spell) I dont like to take half an hour killing a mob with one dot, so I use 5. Fear kiting or regular kiting sucks now. I may be able to eat myself to reduce downtime, but still...

Either way, this nerf was removed later, so idc, it should be short lived.

Jepaxis
05-29-2011, 10:38 AM

It is totally fair and it makes perfect sense.The problem with your pointing out this about Shaman or any DOT class is I see wizards quadding all the time.

I'd love to be able to kill 4 mobs at once, take a 5-10 minute break and do it again and again and again instead of having to constantly be killing.

So wizards should NOT be talking.

Skope
05-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Kiting as a necro. Try it. Still takes about 40% mana to toss on all the dots (using lowest darkness spell) I dont like to take half an hour killing a mob with one dot, so I use 5. Fear kiting or regular kiting sucks now. I may be able to eat myself to reduce downtime, but still...

I had both a necro and a shaman and played a druid on live. It sucks, it's a big change, but that's the way i remember it on live and that's what i had to go through for a long time. In fact I have both a necro and a shaman here as well, so I have to go through it again. FML, this sucks, blablabla...

Welcome to Everquest.

Jepaxis
05-29-2011, 10:40 AM
You guys keep saying DOTting change was removed later. Prove it. Where are the patch notes? I haven't been able to find them.

Uthgaard
05-29-2011, 10:44 AM
what about the way the potions work? the minor > major pots, that is? I know the lower lvl trivial ones were behaving as if they were the highest lvl from the same line.

That should already be fixed. All buffs/debuffs from items show up on the character sheet wrong until you zone for some reason though.

Skope
05-29-2011, 10:47 AM
You guys keep saying DOTting change was removed later. Prove it. Where are the patch notes? I haven't been able to find them.

Iirc, it wasn't removed until Luclin. Though that's solely based on memory.

Jepaxis
05-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Iirc, it wasn't removed until Luclin. Though that's solely based on memory.Luclin is when they changed stacking I think so the same DOT from different players would stack on a mob.

Chuggun
05-29-2011, 10:49 AM
With the new patch Root is canceling Snares, so where are we in the development path because: 2001 was velious or kunark? I can't remember :)

1/09/2001 Patch - Previously, 'Root' spells would overwrite any snare effect upon the target. When the root would wear off, the target began moving at full speed. With this change, when root wears off, snare will still be in effect. This has a few added effects on the other end.

For instance, root will no longer cancel SoW or Journeyman's Boots effects. It also allowed us to correct a long-standing bug that was allowing bards to cancel root on themselves by playing Selo's Accelerando if Selo's was in effect at the time that the bard was rooted. As mentioned in a previous patch where the first part of this bug was fixed, this was not the intended effect.

1/17/2001 Patch - Fixed a bug that caused 'root' and 'snare' type spells to function incorrectly when stacked. They should now stack properly.

Troy
05-29-2011, 10:59 AM
With the new patch Root is canceling Snares, so where are we in the development path because: 2001 was velious or kunark? I can't remember :)

1/09/2001 Patch - Previously, 'Root' spells would overwrite any snare effect upon the target. When the root would wear off, the target began moving at full speed. With this change, when root wears off, snare will still be in effect. This has a few added effects on the other end.

For instance, root will no longer cancel SoW or Journeyman's Boots effects. It also allowed us to correct a long-standing bug that was allowing bards to cancel root on themselves by playing Selo's Accelerando if Selo's was in effect at the time that the bard was rooted. As mentioned in a previous patch where the first part of this bug was fixed, this was not the intended effect.

1/17/2001 Patch - Fixed a bug that caused 'root' and 'snare' type spells to function incorrectly when stacked. They should now stack properly.

Unfortunately this was about a month after Velious. No more root/snare for safe ranger soloing!

Grizlor
05-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Is Malo line still more aggro than tash? How about Root?

Chuggun
05-29-2011, 11:07 AM
So the root/snare thing lasted a couple months then got reverted back I guess. I swear the same happened for dot's, except it lasted just a few weeks. Will have to dig some more when I get time.

LevinJ
05-29-2011, 11:11 AM
I had a stack of about 8 single charge IVU pots on my mage. When I logged in after the patch, there was only one single charge IVU pot. Didn't change after I zoned. Is this intended?

Uthgaard
05-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Yes, they're not supposed to stack.

Happyfeet
05-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Are we just out 19 IVU pots then? Or should we petition and get them back?

Mardur
05-29-2011, 12:54 PM
So the root/snare thing lasted a couple months then got reverted back I guess. I swear the same happened for dot's, except it lasted just a few weeks. Will have to dig some more when I get time.

??

Root overwriting snare/sow was a classic bug that was fixed in Velious.

Lazortag
05-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Kanras: Ton Po's Bo Stick of Understanding drop has been removed.

Not to sound like a jerk, but have the existing ones been removed? As was shown in this thread (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37129&) it never existed outside of the test server, so the existing ones should be replaced with other Trak drops to compensate

Uaellaen
05-29-2011, 01:21 PM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=586

says different

I grouped with a monk, weilding this one, on Saryrn server. We were in dreadlands, and the monk was just a twink... I think it is the only TP bo stick we have on our server... and it went to some twinked monk, not a real one.. Not fair IMO

-Morris

Ok, a little info for the misinformed.

This looks like a normal staff (ive seen it)

This does exist on the live servers (ive seen it)

Monks 50+ or so do not hit for 80-100damage, more like 100-200 (can ya guess? ive seen it lol)

I am on Tunare server and as far as i know the one i seen is the only existing one on that server

heh was badass to see someone woop a SG in oasis with this weapon. inspired me to become what i am today :)

Dargonesti Faradhi
37th Fist

Well, im sorry to hear they stopped droppin, tho they were super rare to begin with. I seen one on Quellious that a monk didnt have!! Yeah the only one on the whole server and it was up for sale in EC. What a bummer eh fella monks? Well i asked to see it and i nearly pissed my pants. bums me out that i'll never get one tho hehe, guess i'll have to stick with Wu's sticks =)
Busstya Chopz
Brawler of Quellious

Gustahn
05-29-2011, 01:31 PM
My paladin can kill things that are higher than dark blue now!

Sorta..if they have a weapon...im getting hit with hoktu shingen.

Lazortag
05-29-2011, 01:32 PM

says different

On that same page various posters say that it was "test server only". I know this isn't proof in either direction, so I guess more research is needed, but people often boasted that they saw things that they didn't actually see on those websites (for instance on the everlore archives you see tons of ridiculous posts like that).

Trapp
05-29-2011, 01:46 PM
On that same page various posters say that it was "test server only". I know this isn't proof in either direction, so I guess more research is needed, but people often boasted that they saw things that they didn't actually see on those websites (for instance on the everlore archives you see tons of ridiculous posts like that).

"Formerly dropped by Trakanon of Sebilis, now a rare prize at the Shadowhaven casino. "

Chuggun
05-29-2011, 02:04 PM
??

Root overwriting snare/sow was a classic bug that was fixed in Velious.

So why would a bug be patched in now when it was fixed here on P99 for some time, I guess is my point.

Calabee
05-29-2011, 02:23 PM
as a lvl 42 bard im getting raped by double hits up the @$$

Im sure it's all a ''fix'' to this defense / offense migitation / accuracy thing though..

Rais
05-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Picking random posts on Allah's is prolly not the best to back up any argument at all,on both sides of the debate. When people start quoting others who have " of the 37th fist" and crap as sigs , I have to say just throw that out the window right there.

Allah's posts aren't proof. The only thing they can help, is the dates items are first introduced. Otherwise you can have 20 posts of " Yes it drops" or 20 posts of " It never dropped".

And welcome back Uth!

aresprophet
05-29-2011, 02:25 PM
The client does its own calculation for max hp, max mana, AC. The server has its own values, and those are the ones that are put to use.

Just to get clarification on this, you're saying that it's possible for the server to be using different values for AC when figuring out damage?

Other than the monk weight AC penalty are there any other significant deviations from the client formula or is it generally useful? Alternatively, is it so incorrect as to be useless?

ukaking
05-29-2011, 02:28 PM
For all of you who are QQ'ng about not being able to solo as effectively...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t0affoV5rI

Uthgaard
05-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Just to get clarification on this, you're saying that it's possible for the server to be using different values for AC when figuring out damage?

Other than the monk weight AC penalty are there any other significant deviations from the client formula or is it generally useful? Alternatively, is it so incorrect as to be useless?

You see a simplified, composite number that generally represents your overall armor class. Behind the scenes, AC is very complicated. Your equipment gives you a certain amount based on your class, your race, and how much ac you already have from equipment, whether or not you're wearing a shield, etc., that's all thrown in with your agility, defense skill, buffs, and some things affect whether you'll be missed, some things affect whether you'll be hit for less. If you want specifics, search the web, because the details could easily fill over 3 pages of information.

And welcome back Uth!

Thanks I guess, I didn't think I was away for that long. BTW anyone who hasn't played Witcher 2 yet seriously needs to check it out. It's hands down the best rpg ever made, period.

Are we just out 19 IVU pots then? Or should we petition and get them back?

There were 1537 rows affected with the query (1537 stacks of potions). There's no realistic way to reimburse all of those potions, and there wasn't any way to shuffle them into people's inventory.

Brinkman
05-29-2011, 02:42 PM

"Formerly dropped by Trakanon of Sebilis, now a rare prize at the Shadowhaven casino. "

They had it wrong way back then and never fixed it. Ton po's NEVER dropped on live. It dropped on test, hence the submission and screenshot was from test. It never made it to live. A few of them were given out at GM events, those are the only ones that would have been seen on Live, Until the casino.

Loke
05-29-2011, 03:07 PM
They had it wrong way back then and never fixed it. Ton po's NEVER dropped on live. It dropped on test, hence the submission and screenshot was from test. It never made it to live. A few of them were given out at GM events, those are the only ones that would have been seen on Live, Until the casino.

As I've said like 30 times, the only monk on a live server that was ever confirmed to have a Ton Po's was Jojo who got her's on Stormhammer (Legends) in a GM event and transfered then to live. There weren't "a few", just one. Unless someone can break out a player name or guild name that had a Ton Po's drop from Trakanon on live, I personally won't believe he ever dropped it. This is one of those instances in which the burden of proof should be on proving that it did drop - something more than a vague third hand story on a message board.

However, as there is only one on the server and there was only one on live servers - the existing one, while stupidly over powered, isn't really that big of a deal imo.

girth
05-29-2011, 03:22 PM
As I've said like 30 times, the only monk on a live server that was ever confirmed to have a Ton Po's was Jojo who got her's on Stormhammer (Legends) in a GM event and transfered then to live. There weren't "a few", just one. Unless someone can break out a player name or guild name that had a Ton Po's drop from Trakanon on live, I personally won't believe he ever dropped it. This is one of those instances in which the burden of proof should be on proving that it did drop - something more than a vague third hand story on a message board.

However, as there is only one on the server and there was only one on live servers - the existing one, while stupidly over powered, isn't really that big of a deal imo.

Who has it?

Uthgaard
05-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Who has it?

SELECT `charid` , `character_`.`name`
FROM `inventory`
INNER JOIN `character_` ON `inventory`.`charid` = `character_`.`id`
WHERE `itemid` = '6631'

charid name
82164 Perun
75364 Katous
105219 Ivaarkavol

Haul
05-29-2011, 03:35 PM
this patch is pretty much fail, no offense

Vidrata
05-29-2011, 03:50 PM
this patch is pretty much fail, no offense

This.

Why reintroduce a shitty bug mechanic (root overwriting snares/sow) and the DoT mechanic thats entirely retarded. I guess now I remember why I never had root on my spell bar as a druid when quadding.

Piance
05-29-2011, 04:37 PM
wow this makes me really sad and the extra 2h damage doesnt work either

Slathar
05-29-2011, 04:43 PM
FROM `inventory`
WHERE `itemid` = '6631'

charid name
82164 Perun
75364 Katous
105219 Ivaarkavol

I'm sorry if this is incorrect, but didn't only one drop off of Trakanon? So how are there now 3?

girth
05-29-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm sorry if this is incorrect, but didn't only one drop off of Trakanon? So how are there now 3?

Why did it drop at all is the better question.

Loke
05-29-2011, 06:00 PM
My guess would be that the other two characters are test characters for GM/Devs or something. Perun has the only dropped one.

Fazlazen
05-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Why did it drop at all is the better question.

seriously...

Uthgaard
05-29-2011, 06:26 PM
My guess would be that the other two characters are test characters for GM/Devs or something. Perun has the only dropped one.

Or I just caught a dupe.

SELECT *
FROM `pc_lootitem`
WHERE `itemid` =6631

Showing rows 0 - 0 (1 total, Query took 0.0039 sec)
encounterid charid itemid charges ts
33323917 82164 6631 1 2011-05-21 00:21:34

YendorLootmonkey
05-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Or I just caught a dupe.

SELECT *
FROM `pc_lootitem`
WHERE `itemid` =6631

* insert Law & Order DUN-DUN sound here *

Loly Taa
05-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Or I just caught a dupe.

SELECT *
FROM `pc_lootitem`
WHERE `itemid` =6631

I love your sexy brain, so if only one dropped then the person who got it had to be involved in the duplication process!

YendorLootmonkey
05-29-2011, 06:38 PM
So, how'd this guy get a Ton Po's? LOL

http://www.project1999.org/forums/search.php?searchid=727052

Rais
05-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Since the Kunark dragons are in. Is there an update as to when Sky items are upgraded? I understand putting in the new dragons to give people more raid targets. I know the Devs try and stick to the time line as much as they can,and somethings going in sooner than others due to coding and time to do all the work.

Kunark Dragons went in August 9th,2000

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000809.html

Rumor has it that some new dragons have been spotted in Kunark. It should be noted however that the dragons can be engaged from much further away than is intended. Rather than hold off implementing these dragons for another week, we've decided to implement them now and fix the problem in the next patch. Enjoy :)

Sky upgrades were July 19,2000

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000719.html

Increased stats on many Plane of Sky items.

Loly Taa
05-29-2011, 07:07 PM
If there's duplicates of the Ton Po Staff, it might not be a bad idea to correlate Fungi Staves looted with Fungi Staves existing.

Rais
05-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Or fungi tunics, other items that were locked down by the same guild for weeks. It would be nice to see how many people have a Fungi Stave also. I'm willing to bet there's a herd of people who have the one of the _Rarest_ items ever in eq.

Haul
05-29-2011, 07:17 PM
* insert Law & Order DUN-DUN sound here *

lmao

Alarti0001
05-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Rais log in more !

Bruno
05-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Or I just caught a dupe.

SELECT *
FROM `pc_lootitem`
WHERE `itemid` =6631

:eek:

Aangus
05-29-2011, 08:16 PM
my monk on live has a ton po's - has for a while now -
http://www.nchb.net/doug/EQ000037.jpg

Likes it too - sad about the nerf

Bruno
05-29-2011, 08:17 PM
my monk on live has a ton po's - has for a while now -
http://www.nchb.net/doug/EQ000037.jpg

They're talking about pre casino.

Uthgaard
05-29-2011, 08:20 PM
The plot thickens.

ID Active Characters Status Level Class Acc ID Acc Name Last Online
75364 Katous Exemption (1) 46 Druid 17981 SkitzoSynnr Thursday, December 30, 2010 5:41:56 AM

105219 Ivaarkavol Banned 1 Warrior 22133 vitiare Wednesday, September 08, 2010 5:26:26 PM

Taslion
05-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Wtf, how did they get them?

Loly Taa
05-29-2011, 08:27 PM
The plot thickens.

75364 Katous Exemption (1) 46 Druid 17981 SkitzoSynnr Thursday, December 30, 2010 5:41:56 AM

105219 Ivaarkavol Banned 1 Warrior 22133 vitiare Wednesday, September 08, 2010 5:26:26 PM

Database hax? Does anyone else have a matching timestamp to those two chars (like a copy paste sort of thing if someone was trying to hide tracks)

Bruno
05-29-2011, 08:28 PM

Rare kunark crafting recipe.

Rais
05-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Maybe database item ID glitch?

YendorLootmonkey
05-29-2011, 08:41 PM

Level 200 Foraging has its perks.

Aangus
05-29-2011, 09:00 PM
They're talking about pre casino.
ahh sorry thought they were questioning the existence at all

Trax
05-29-2011, 10:11 PM
FROM `inventory`
WHERE `itemid` = '6631'

charid name
82164 Perun
75364 Katous
105219 Ivaarkavol

How is that possible that someone other than me has it? GM characters?

Uthgaard
05-29-2011, 10:22 PM
A tart from Maine had compromised a minor gm account a long time ago, they were a couple of leftovers from that. Since the access was fairly limited they were vendoring drops for the plat. Katous found one on a vendor. They're removed now though.

Lazortag
05-29-2011, 10:37 PM
A tart from Maine had compromised a minor gm account a long time ago, they were a couple of leftovers from that. Since the access was fairly limited they were vendoring drops for the plat. Katous found one on a vendor. They're removed now though.

Is that how someone found a Combine Lute on a vendor?

Rais
05-29-2011, 10:47 PM
I say we still lynch Trax. He deserves it every now and then!

PureLo
05-29-2011, 10:59 PM
why is it after every patch warriors are always affected for the worse? I also believe proc rates are broken, because they are totally different now than previously. Plus hate from generated proc's feels not as strong.

Uthgaard
05-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Is that how someone found a Combine Lute on a vendor?

No. They used to be in permanent stock at the gypsy camp in Lake Rathe. One of the first things I did was get rid of crap that shouldn't have ever been on vendors. Some items are still floating around though, there was a lot.

Skope
05-29-2011, 11:52 PM
was a variance of a few hours added upon server ups?

Fist_The_Lord
05-30-2011, 01:57 PM
ha... i'm goin to play apb: reloaded for awhile... have fun with your shitty nerfs!!!

Malimus
05-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Sad... I was really enjoying playin Druid until now. No fun with these nerfs. Time to take a break and hope it's fixed if i come back. *Sigh*

kanras
05-30-2011, 06:56 PM
As shown by posts in other threads, the dot damage nerf is here to stay for the stated lifespan of the server. The root/snare not stacking will be removed a little bit after velious.

doobiesnizax
05-30-2011, 08:37 PM
ok question. if you want to make this classic why do you have all the other content in the game...people clearly were unhappy with the way soe released kunark that is why these issues were changed because people were not happy. why force people to be un happy in emu also....you put out a free server for people to play and have a good time yet u nerf it to a point where its not even fun. again WHY!!!! this is a emu server not LIVE CLASSIC ! if you guys really think people want a classic experience that involves the stupid things soe and verant thought were great that clearly made people not want to play.I suggest you listen to your player base a bit more and fix the things in the game that are actually not functioning correctly instead of pushing these stupid crap nerfs that were reversed anyways on people who don't want it and are going to stop playing because of it.

say bye bye to half the server population...it already dropped 200 ppl since the nerfs

Troy
05-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Whining about a classic server getting more classic, what do you people want?

If people would join groups, like they should in a multiplayer game, they wouldn't even notice the DoT nerf. Imagine that, playing a multiplayer game with other people!

doobiesnizax
05-30-2011, 09:03 PM
how is adding things that were removed because they were hindering players experiences in live and now here ,make this anymore classic then it pretends to be
fact is its not classic its not even close so why bother even including these classic things people hated , lol try removing spell sets first

bizzum
05-30-2011, 09:31 PM
lol try removing spell sets first

I use the velious UI and I don't have spellsets. If you don't want them (which I assume you do) its as simple as that.

Can you just do everybody a favor and stop stinking up the forums with your bitching, especially in the bug forums. Post some actaul evidence if you're going to post in there. R&F is a great place for all of your posts thus far.

doobiesnizax
05-30-2011, 10:04 PM
I use the velious UI and I don't have spellsets. If you don't want them (which I assume you do) its as simple as that.

Can you just do everybody a favor and stop stinking up the forums with your bitching, especially in the bug forums. Post some actaul evidence if you're going to post in there. R&F is a great place for all of your posts thus far.

how is using velious UI even close to a classic experience ?? I never said i didnt want spell sets i basically stated why change things to be more classic while clearly ignoring others ? and the bug forum post was to let them know monk minimum flying kick damage was actually set to 58 which i posted factual evidence too , if you would like me to post screen shots of minimum flying kicks as low as 20dmg then sure, untill then stfu unless you actually have something worth while to say other then talking shit about what someone else posted

Uthgaard
05-30-2011, 10:22 PM
The server has a very clear goal. That goal isn't to hold your hand and make you happy. It's to emulate classic everquest. I've lost count of how many times the server has faced its impending doom, prophecized by people who seem to have mistaken the developers for people who give a shit if you like the goals of the server or not. It doesn't matter if there are 200 or 2000 people playing. The direction of the server is set in stone, and all the tantrums and fits in the world aren't going to change that.

Rotted_Corpse
05-30-2011, 10:43 PM
I can't say I fully agree with patching something into game that ends up getting "fixed" or "undone" later. Myself i'll still solo. But I'm fear kiting more now. So that takes care of that issue for me most of the time.

But that being said these little "annoyances" don't degrade from the game that much.

The Dev's really are doing a great job here IMO. Esp for a game that is free to play. So THANK YOU to the Dev's and others that help make this great time in EQ1 available for all to play. Which IMO is much better then playing live in any of the games out there right now.

Rotted Corpse
Necromancer of Cabilis

doobiesnizax
05-30-2011, 10:54 PM
well your goals are not clear sorry. your player base obviously shows this by the number of posts about this latest patch, if you want to call us tantrum throwing babies because we ask why put classic content in that sucks in a so called emulated classic server that clearly has non classic content already in it then sure. I never PROPHESIED the impending doom as you call it . but your player base has clearly shrunk and maybe you should listen to your player base rather then calling them names when they comment on things that they don't like, there are alot more things that should be fixed rather then nerfing away to try to make it as close to a classic timeline as possible when infact soe only released these patches to fix things that you guys could have already been far past

still i wonder why these things never get fixed
drones of doom not stacking with winged death
random client crashes
random drops to desktop
getting stuck on trees
getting stuck on corners of ledges
getting stuck between ladders and walls
monks being able to fd and get back up with no mob agro, you used to have to wait till they were back at there spawn or forgot you completly "that was classic"

but lets follow the timeline guys we gotta keep this classic ! so fail imo and again just an opinion from your player base which you clearly "dont give a shit about"

and yes its free but some of us do donate =)

Dantes
05-30-2011, 11:23 PM
The server has a very clear goal. That goal isn't to hold your hand and make you happy. It's to emulate classic everquest. I've lost count of how many times the server has faced its impending doom, prophecized by people who seem to have mistaken the developers for people who give a shit if you like the goals of the server or not. It doesn't matter if there are 200 or 2000 people playing. The direction of the server is set in stone, and all the tantrums and fits in the world aren't going to change that.

Fuckin a right!!!

Vidrata
05-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Bitching for classis or not classic patches, I dont care about tbh. Its stupid patches like the dot changes that got removed.

How many mechanics changes went through that got reversed at a later date? This is a serious question.

YendorLootmonkey
05-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Funny how no one complains about TD firepots being bindable first week of Kunark or so, the pre-nerf Circlet of Shadow dropping, or all the other stuff that was nerfed later on but the P99 Devs left it in for a bit to follow the classic timeline...

bizzum
05-31-2011, 12:24 AM
how is using velious UI even close to a classic experience ?? I never said i didnt want spell sets i basically stated why change things to be more classic while clearly ignoring others ? and the bug forum post was to let them know monk minimum flying kick damage was actually set to 58 which i posted factual evidence too , if you would like me to post screen shots of minimum flying kicks as low as 20dmg then sure, untill then stfu unless you actually have something worth while to say other then talking shit about what someone else posted

From your post titled "project 1999 is so broken now last patch was retarded"

yes you guys have now really messed this game up lol...
you could always root and snare at the same time.

they removed dots doing 66% to mobs the very next patch why would you even initiate it.

monks flying kicks cannot do more then 100dmg at lvl 55 lol my personal best flying kick during kunark live was 174 so wtf is wrong here and minimum flying kick damage was set to 58....I have seen 10dmg flying kicks lol

such a fail of a patch...try fixing things that are actually broken like drones of doom/winged death stacking lol

I see not one piece of factual evidence, just you complaining about your personal best from 10 years ago that you remember oh so well. I mean, the title of the post itself just screams "I'm bitching and have nothing worthwhile to listen to". If you look at other bug posts they at least follow the format that is asked to be followed. Its not even about you posting screenshots of your low flying kicks, that doesn't matter because its in game, what I was talking about was the real evidence that it was different (you know, in the form of hard evidence, not your memories), which you didn't.

Also, how is the Velious UI not close to to a classic experience? If you're going to bitch about having spell sets etc., then you shouldn't bitch about somebody else using an older UI that is in fact closer to a classic experience over the default UI from who know what expansion. I'm not exactly thrilled my DoTs do less damage when I'm kiting, but I'm not going to call the server retarded and act like a child over it.

I'm not the only one who thinks you have worthless posts~

Vidrata
05-31-2011, 02:28 AM
Funny how no one complains about TD firepots being bindable first week of Kunark or so, the pre-nerf Circlet of Shadow dropping, or all the other stuff that was nerfed later on but the P99 Devs left it in for a bit to follow the classic timeline...

Neither of those affect my dps in combat. =)

doobiesnizax
05-31-2011, 03:14 AM
From your post titled "project 1999 is so broken now last patch was retarded"

I see not one piece of factual evidence, just you complaining about your personal best from 10 years ago that you remember oh so well. I mean, the title of the post itself just screams "I'm bitching and have nothing worthwhile to listen to". If you look at other bug posts they at least follow the format that is asked to be followed. Its not even about you posting screenshots of your low flying kicks, that doesn't matter because its in game, what I was talking about was the real evidence that it was different (you know, in the form of hard evidence, not your memories), which you didn't.

Also, how is the Velious UI not close to to a classic experience? If you're going to bitch about having spell sets etc., then you shouldn't bitch about somebody else using an older UI that is in fact closer to a classic experience over the default UI from who know what expansion. I'm not exactly thrilled my DoTs do less damage when I'm kiting, but I'm not going to call the server retarded and act like a child over it.

I'm not the only one who thinks you have worthless posts~

since ur so upto date on everything i post actually I already posted this on someones topic but yeah here u go for ur proof that mechanics are not correct or even close i was off about 58 being the min damage from memory i guess facts state it was 48. stilll you can see in the screen shot a kick for 22dmg how is this anywhere near correct. and yes i have yet to see a FK higher then 98 since the patch....let me parse like 10000 flying kicks to prove that one too

At 60, monks get:
# Discipline: Ashenhand
# Improved Damage Table

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk174/tokebleezy/aimimg_2-1.png

Torven
05-31-2011, 03:26 AM
I also believe proc rates are broken, because they are totally different now than previously. Plus hate from generated proc's feels not as strong.

Going to have to concur with this. My warrior, using a RoM, cannot hold aggro off monks and rogues at all anymore. Literally every single mob, with them evading and FDing, I cannot keep the mob on me. Even before the patch, warrior aggro on this server seemed weak. Warriors used to use procless weapons just fine back in the day. But something in this patch screwed with aggro to make it even worse.

Weapons do seem to proc less often now. Even using my OT hammer, it took me several minutes killing mobs in commons to proc. This seems to be part of the problem.

I also suspect that melee damage in general is just aggroing more now. Shamans and enchanters were slowing almost immediately and not pulling mobs off the monks and rogues. This would also explain why procs don't seem to aggro as much. Before if I proced Force on a mob twice or even just once, that mob was on me for the rest of the fight. That is certainly no longer the case.

h0tr0d (shaere)
05-31-2011, 04:30 AM
Isn't just warriors that proc less. I am not sure what is up with it.

Aadill
05-31-2011, 08:13 AM
doobiesnizax: If you feel you are posting factual evidence, post the source of said evidence with a date and provide that to the GMs. If you did and it's being ignored, maybe it's being worked on/double checked.

The DoT thing is a complaint that people who want to play ONLY one way in particular, solo and kiting. You can quad kite instead and it's the same thing. Just because there was an advantage before doesn't mean you get to keep it. It got fixed.

As far as procs go: I am proccing more :x 156 unbuffed dex leaves me pretty much tanking mobs in deep seb if I want it. Don't you have to hit 150 to get the full advantage of a proccing weapon?

Torven
05-31-2011, 09:01 AM
I'm usually with a shaman when I group. With dex buff on, I'm 180somthing dex. It did nothing to help my situation.

I would also like to point out this little patch note comment:

We reduced the amount of hate that can be caused by a proc. Due to the high proc rates at upper levels, the amount of hate generated from procs, and the spells that were selected for those procs, made keeping the attention of the creature much too easy a task for the tank. Simply, it nearly eliminated the challenge of keeping a foes attention at levels above 50.

(source: http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010221a.html)

Which was three months into Velious. If warrior aggro was usable without procing weapons, (I myself used a seb dirk and a jade mace way back when for a time) then warriors gearing for procs should have zero trouble holding aggro. It's never been this bad on live, ever. In my last group I was basically a shitty dps and the monk was the tank because I simply could not keep mobs on me for very long even with the monk FDing.

Uaellaen
05-31-2011, 10:29 AM
random client crashes
random drops to desktop
getting stuck on trees
getting stuck on corners of ledges
getting stuck between ladders and walls

wich shows you have no clue how this works, these are all client issues and for the most part not patchable without violating the eula

and yes its free but some of us do donate =)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation

Legal aspects
Donations are gifts given without return consideration.

Skope
05-31-2011, 10:41 AM
proc rates aren't the same across all weapons with a multiplier solely based on dex. In fact, each weapon has it's own crazy little multiplier that's independent of the player's stats. So to say "i'm proccing less" means nothing without both of those numbers and a side by side comparison with the same exact dex.

Ripp
05-31-2011, 11:32 AM
I understand the concept of this server but I'm not sure I understand implementing changes that will get reversed later on following the original timeline. I understand the DOT change and I'm ok with that (I play a Druid and a Shaman) since it was a permanent change but why the root/snare override? Why put that in if it's going to be removed later?

It seems to me that time and energy would be better spent on other things rather than temporary changes. I mean, just how far are you guys going to go with the concept? Are there not many things NOT classic about P99 currently? I just think some things are better left alone to decrease aggrivation for everyone, as well as time and effort for you developers. Sony was not, and is not, the ideal model for how to run and operate an MMO company so why not improve on the things they messed up on instead of repeating them?

Just my two copper...

Messianic
05-31-2011, 11:33 AM

You're doing it wrong. My necro leveled from 36-39 in about 3-4 hours in Overthere (despite neg or flat exp bonus). I'm not massively twinked, i don't have any items that make me more powerful than you.

You just have to optimize like a freaking beast. I.e, I only use engulfing darkness on thorny succulents, stoneleers, or Sarnak berzerkers because they have very low hp. Engulfing + vamp curse on spiked succs or dooming only if i don't need the hp. Just engulfing on kunark rhinos.

That + Invoke Fear = win.

Also, I use the heck out of the "mob runs @ approximately 15% health" thing. I don't re-fear unless the mob is above 45% or so. Usually engulfing lasted just long enough on barely dark blue mobs...

Dot stacking is for overhunting or killing mobs when you're not trying to exp. Your pet with two weapons and haste is far more efficient than any of your other dots.

Striiker
05-31-2011, 12:13 PM
Actually.. All of the bitching in the forums about changes made during patches makes this feel even more classic! It certainly reminds me of the good old days. :)

girth
05-31-2011, 12:40 PM

So why are there drops like Ton Po's 2h when it wasn't in classic?

Skope
05-31-2011, 12:43 PM
So why are there drops like Ton Po's 2h when it wasn't in classic?

forget the staff... dump variance preez.

YendorLootmonkey
05-31-2011, 12:50 PM
I understand the concept of this server but I'm not sure I understand implementing changes that will get reversed later on following the original timeline. I understand the DOT change and I'm ok with that (I play a Druid and a Shaman) since it was a permanent change but why the root/snare override? Why put that in if it's going to be removed later?

Because then where would you draw the line? Class-based XP penalties were removed later. They just served to aggravate players (mostly hybrids). Why include those in P99? Because you can't cherry pick. This server is about recreating Classic EQ as close as possible, aside from differences in the client and player experience/knowledge that they clearly have no control over.

And that means taking the bad with the good. Not just cherry picking the good things.

Ripp
05-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Because then where would you draw the line? Class-based XP penalties were removed later. They just served to aggravate players (mostly hybrids). Why include those in P99? Because you can't cherry pick. This server is about recreating Classic EQ as close as possible, aside from differences in the client and player experience/knowledge that they clearly have no control over.

And that means taking the bad with the good. Not just cherry picking the good things.

There are many things in game right now that are not supposed to be there according to the "Classic" vision, correct? So, what do they do about those?

IMHO, it doesn't make any sense to implement changes (mistakes) that are just going to be removed later. That seems like just a waste of time in the name of "Classic" when they could be focusing on fixing/improving things.

I understand the idea of wanting to get close to Classic, but I don't understand the impossible idea of reliving Classic. It simply can't be done.

So with that in mind, it seems like it would make more sense to bypass temporary bad changes to code and focus on improving the server.

Once again, just my two copper...

YendorLootmonkey
05-31-2011, 01:06 PM
There are many things in game right now that are not supposed to be there according to the "Classic" vision, correct? So, what do they do about those?

List any of these things that aren't limitations of the client software, with appropriate evidence that they are not as they were at this point in the original timeline, and the volunteers that run the server will add it to their vast list of things to do. Simple as that.

Skope
05-31-2011, 01:14 PM
List any of these things that aren't limitations of the client software, with appropriate evidence that they are not as they were at this point in the original timeline, and the volunteers that run the server will add it to their vast list of things to do. Simple as that.

Variance.

What did i win?

thefloydian
05-31-2011, 01:26 PM
DoT Changes:

* If the monster is in melee with you, there is no change to how a DoT spell works.
* If the monster is running away from you (fear, wounded, etc.), there is no change to how a DoT spell works.
* If the monster is moving when the damage from the DoT is applied (happens every few seconds), it will take 66% of the damage that it would have taken.
* DoT spells have all had their duration slightly increased. If the monster moves for 18 seconds during a fight, it will take as much damage from the DoT as it would before the patch. If the monster moves for less then 18 seconds during a fight, your DoT will do more damage then it would have done before the patch. If the monster moves more then 18 seconds during the fight, it will take less damage then it would have before the patch.

Sorry if I'm an idiot, but I'm having a hard time understanding this. It says when monsters are feared the dots aren't affected, but then the next few lines seem to contradict this information.

Does fear kiting still work as it did before?

Also, in terms of the modified duration, does time spent feared count toward the 18 seconds?

YendorLootmonkey
05-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Variance.

What did i win?

How do you know it isn't at the bottom of their list of things to do? ;)

Skope
05-31-2011, 01:34 PM
How do you know it isn't at the bottom of their list of things to do? ;)

Because if implementing a classic experience is what they're after then that's the single biggest problem they'd have.

kanras
05-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Re: Aggro. There was a bug causing primary slot double attack (and triple attack for 60 warriors) to not generate aggro or be able to be riposted. That bug was fixed, so that's why you're seeing melee generate considerably more aggro post-patch.

Akpainter
05-31-2011, 04:25 PM
I want an Oompa Loompa now!

Dont like some of the changes but the server is still kick ass, thanks for the work!

baalzy
05-31-2011, 08:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/y7Hm9.jpg

Sihaya
05-31-2011, 08:27 PM
Hmmmm

Salty
05-31-2011, 10:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/y7Hm9.jpg

+1

PureLo
05-31-2011, 10:32 PM
Kanras: thanks for responding a bit with the one aspect of the "aggro" change, but what about the proc rates. They are not generating the same as they were previously to this patch, so there may be something needing a fix. As also mentioned prior it isn't just the proc rates that were off, but the hate in which they generated as well were somehow altered. Thanks in advance!

kanras
06-01-2011, 04:20 AM
Kanras: thanks for responding a bit with the one aspect of the "aggro" change, but what about the proc rates. They are not generating the same as they were previously to this patch, so there may be something needing a fix. As also mentioned prior it isn't just the proc rates that were off, but the hate in which they generated as well were somehow altered. Thanks in advance!

Nothing about hate amount per proc changed. Proc rates were fixed to replicate some well-documented rules established from heavy parsing in these two threads:

http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-5351.html

Main points:

For Main hand weapons:
105 DEX = 1 proc/min
205 DEX = 1.5 proc/min
305 DEX = 2 proc/min

For offhand weapons:
105 DEX = .5 proc/min
205 DEX = .75 proc/min
305 DEX = 1 proc/min

combat rounds go like this:
primary proc chance OR secondary proc
buff proc OR other buff proc OR other buff proc
ToTC proc
swing
another swing if dual wield checks
another swing if triple attack checks

It's a little different here. Since our dex cap is 255, main hand proc rate scales from 0.5PPM @ 0 DEX -> 2.0PPM @ 255 DEX. The stock emu code that we were previously using would only increase the proc rate 0.5PPM across the 0->255 DEX range. It also was attempting to proc once per attack for the offhand, which was weird. Basically, make friends with a shaman.

Aadill
06-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Thank you for sharing. good work.

Spam bot or not I agree with this guy, Kanras. That's some damn fine info! I take that it means that it's fairly linear so your chances go up with each point of DEX?

YendorLootmonkey
06-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Spam bot or not I agree with this guy, Kanras. That's some damn fine info! I take that it means that it's fairly linear so your chances go up with each point of DEX?

Shouldn't be. It was well known via parsing back in the day that incremental increases in DEX were useless for crit % and proc rate until you got to the next "plateau"

Aadill
06-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Shouldn't be. It was well known via parsing back in the day that incremental increases in DEX were useless for crit % and proc rate until you got to the next "plateau"

My question, then, is it implemented that way? :) Meaning was the scale implemented as a discrete mechanic or did they have an ever increasing percentage?

Tenudil
06-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Kanras since you seem to be working on hate generated by melee attacks lately I was curious how much different the code on P1999 is from the standard emu code right now. I found a couple of threads that seem to have pretty good evidence/parses that show hate by regular melee attacks was simply (DB + base weapon damage) or DB + base weapon damage +1) for mainhand attacks and just base weapon damage or base weapon damage +1 for offhand attacks.

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3789
They use a shadownight spell with a known hate value and compare the number of swings to gain agro here. They don't actually come to the correct conclusion here because unknown to the parsers and hidden in a post half way through the thread the spell doesn't add hate when not in melee range. If you correct the number of casts of Terror of Terris with this information it comes very close to (DB + base weapon dmg) from above.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?start=100&topic_id=110464

Melee end up generating less hate per damage for the same reason that spell crits don't add hate. Hate is based on the base damage of the attack. Melee end up adding a massive amount of damage onto the base damage of the weapon with each hit, but the aggro they generate is based on that base weapon damage (and any base damage bonuses that apply).

Rashere

PureLo
06-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Seeing as those posts you are referring to came way after the 99/2000 period i don't see how they should be applied here. By that point gear and AA's were implemented that greatly affected the game mechanics differently aside from just expansions/patches.

Here there is no such thing and how is it now that there is any benefit to having the weapons that were removed by SoE/Verant of being great or high powered weapons such as the ringed mace of the ykesha, blade of the black dragon eye, and Rod of Mourning if they are all now just a generic weapon on the same scale as everything else?

I just don't see the point to this, because if you are going to go by the scales that happened way past the timeline we are going to reach here... then maybe implement the other mechanics such as Taunt actually working and other things to help counteract these futuristic changes for the sake of class balance. Besides it isn't fair to those who worked hard for or were fortunate enough to get weapons such as the ones listed prior if they are now just some standard weapon. Even a recent patch of this server showed that certain weapons were to generate more hate than others, this is proof of there being a "difference" between them amongst other weapons which should also include proc rates.

Aadill
06-01-2011, 02:22 PM
then maybe implement the other mechanics such as Taunt actually working

I'm a ranger and tanked deep sebilis with a 500 pp weapon (Dragon yak) using taunt and flame lick. I think taunt works just fine. If you're referencing issues with melee damage and hate introduced by melee damage then yes that is an issue, some of which is being fixed (special attacks like backstab). I'd like to see if the melee damage hate that was referenced by Tenudil is accurate and what happens if it's implemented.

kanras
06-01-2011, 02:46 PM
I found a couple of threads that seem to have pretty good evidence/parses that show hate by regular melee attacks was simply (DB + base weapon damage) or DB + base weapon damage +1) for mainhand attacks and just base weapon damage or base weapon damage +1 for offhand attacks.

That equation has been in place for quite some time now. I don't remember how generic emu code calculates hate.

It's linear right now, so every point of dex is equivalent to the next. If you have evidence otherwise, please make a bug thread and post it.

Seeing as those posts you are referring to came way after the 99/2000 period i don't see how they should be applied here. By that point gear and AA's were implemented that greatly affected the game mechanics differently aside from just expansions/patches.

I couldn't find any evidence of a proc rate nerf any time between classic and the posting of those parses. If you can, please post it.

PureLo
06-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Aadill a ranger's flame lick is like a SK's disease cloud from what i've experienced meaning that spell and the ykesha proc are what is holding your aggro, not the taunt. If you look at the page from the last patch or maybe 2 patches ago Taunt is not a viable option on mobs level 50+ anymore, hence problems for a warrior.

So now, with proc rate changes and the hate from those procs as well the warrior class is left hanging in the balance considering rogue's/monks will always have the greater DPS and knights/hybrids the spells to generate more hate regularly. With more dps meaning more aggro now as well as less procs/hate from procs, how is it even legitimate to be the warrior class?

baalzy
06-01-2011, 02:58 PM
How does this hate generation relate to pets? Do they use the same formula?

Edit:

Also, what changed specifically about avoidance/mitigation? I'm a necromancer so I can understand why my mitigation wouldn't be much with only 559 AC but my avoidance seems to be non-existent as well. I'm getting hit about 90% of the time for 70-100% damage against greens in Droga at level 57, this is dramatically up from pre-patch. I find it hard to believe with 15-20 levels on the mobs that i should be hit this often.

thefloydian
06-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Is it confirmed that dots are supposed to have their duration increased on stationary mobs? Because if so, they aren't.

kanras
06-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Also, what changed specifically about avoidance/mitigation?

PC mitigating NPC damage didn't change except for how a couple disciplines are handled.

Avoidance changed so your defense skill cap actually matters. Previously, a level 60 INT caster with capped defense (145) avoided ("miss" only) the same % of attacks as a level 60 warrior with capped defense (252). Now, they don't.

kanras
06-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Is it confirmed that dots are supposed to have their duration increased on stationary mobs? Because if so, they aren't.

They're not supposed to. The dot nerf happened well before kunark on live, and all of Uthgaard's spell work was based off of kunark release spell data, so the duration increases were already in.

PureLo
06-01-2011, 04:34 PM
when i have time to research some "copy and paste" proof, i guess i will... but i imagine that it would've been a ninja change that didn't make notes like a lot of changes on this server sometimes are done. I just don't see why the procs were changed this patch to begin with, when before it was obviously viewed as classic or it would not have been implemented the way it was... correct?

mwatt
06-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Like many of us, I've always been dismayed by the stupidity of many of SOE's descisions as EQ evolved. In general, these stupid decisions accumulated until the game was no longer the game. Sometimes, even in SOE land, common sense prevailed and certain really bad decisions got reversed, e.g. root overwriting snare and the forward-moving dot nerf. Nonetheless, on the whole, SOE eventually ruined their own lands, as it were.

That is why I am so damn thankful for the people that were/are resposible for the development and maintenance of a classic version of EQ. A major part of the commitment for the hosting of a classic EQ is the commitment to keep things classic. Without that commitment, well intended changes would end up morphing game play away from what was not perfect, but nonetheless the most engrossing game that many of have ever played. The stance that the devs have taken is absolutely essential. Classic should be reproduced as accurately as possible. Some of what they emulate will not be popular with some players and some of it will be wildly unpopular with most. They have no choice if they want to remake the classic experience.

So, despite the fact that I detest the root/snare nerf and am dismayed by the dot nerf, I support what they have done - as should anyone who cherishes the real EQ experience. I take some solace in the fact that the root/snare thing will go away in Velious. The dot nerf, I'll just have to put up with.

Once again, thanks devs for ALL that you do.

baalzy
06-01-2011, 04:43 PM
This recent change to proc-rates was to bring them in-line with classic proc rates.

It's anecdotal, but many people have stated that proc rates on p99 have been higher then they were on live.

Edit:
BTW, Kanras you're awesome. It's nice getting some explanation for the reasoning and what the intended results are to the various mechanics as they are changed.

Dantes
06-01-2011, 05:24 PM
So now, with proc rate changes and the hate from those procs as well the warrior class is left hanging in the balance considering rogue's/monks will always have the greater DPS and knights/hybrids the spells to generate more hate regularly. With more dps meaning more aggro now as well as less procs/hate from procs, how is it even legitimate to be the warrior class?

I grouped with 2 monks and a rogue last night. Managing aggro was a little bit more difficult, but not at all impossible. Still legit.

YendorLootmonkey
06-01-2011, 05:32 PM
It's linear right now, so every point of dex is equivalent to the next. If you have evidence otherwise, please make a bug thread and post it.

hehe, no thanks ;)

Troy
06-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Nothing about hate amount per proc changed. Proc rates were fixed to replicate some well-documented rules established from heavy parsing in these two threads:

http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-5351.html

Main points:

<proc rate stats>

It's a little different here. Since our dex cap is 255, main hand proc rate scales from 0.5PPM @ 0 DEX -> 2.0PPM @ 255 DEX. The stock emu code that we were previously using would only increase the proc rate 0.5PPM across the 0->255 DEX range. It also was attempting to proc once per attack for the offhand, which was weird. Basically, make friends with a shaman.

Is this to say that proc rates are now the same for all weapons?

I remember (this experience is from p99 a month or so ago), for example, the Bonethunder Staff having its Ward Undead proc go off 1 in 3 swings if not more often as an Erudite Cleric with normal dexterity. That is like 5 PPM and the only reason the staff is useful at all really.

Hagglebaron
06-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks once again devs for the hard work.

Uthgaard
06-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Is this to say that proc rates are now the same for all weapons?

No.

Troy
06-01-2011, 09:11 PM
No.

Cool. That would have been a little boring!

PureLo
06-01-2011, 09:18 PM
yet it currently or as of the past 2 days prior to today feels as if that is the case, hence the noticing of a change. So not only does it feel that proc rates are off all together, but it also feels as if it has been plateau'd to all be the same due to in-game experience and Kanras' explanation of change. Considering the hate from proc's was also reduced this indicates changes that alter the class balance and disrupt the flow of the game from the patch that was implemented not too long ago.

Further explanation would be greatly appreciated, just so many know how it is they have to change to the style of programming again in order to be affective. Another thing is that having started the research to supply "proof" or "avoidance" of this change i did notice that the jump from proc effectiveness to non proc effectiveness that occurred here between this and another recent patch hadn't occurred according to patch notes from SoE.

skorge
06-02-2011, 11:20 AM
I've been wanting to post on this awhile, but have held off to be totally sure of it, but it definitely seems like the buff "vampiric embrace" proc rate has been nerfed big time. I used to see it go off almost every fight, sometimes 3 or 4 times...now im lucky if it goes off just once in every 3 or 4 fights. I know this doesn't seem huge but when you are using a RoA to melee down mobs...the vampiric embrace buff is really nice, now - not so much.

Uthgaard
06-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Considering the hate from proc's was also reduced

Not sure where you're getting this idea. Update before last, there were two independent increases to proc threat. I increased it from the spell end, kanras increased it from the code end.

Torven
06-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Well, proc hate relative to melee aggro is less if double attacks and backstab now add hate correctly. If melee aggro doubles then proc hate is going to be half as effective for keeping mobs off of rogues and monks.

Rogean
06-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Interested in seeing if Kanras's potential crash fix had any impact on lowering the amount of crashes some of you are getting (If you were getting them a lot before).

mwatt
06-04-2011, 09:02 AM
I haven't had a crash to desktop since Kanras put in his fix. However, I have made several changes to my system myself over these past few months, sometimes apparently licking that problem, but it always came back. So, I'd say it looks promising but too soon to tell.

On a probably but not certainly unrelated note, I'm having more zone and port crashes than I used to, and also wierd login timeouts and other login issues. It might be Comcast though. I dunno.

Ripp
06-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Interested in seeing if Kanras's potential crash fix had any impact on lowering the amount of crashes some of you are getting (If you were getting them a lot before).

I'm blown away so far. Before his fix, I was crashing while zoning about 20-25% of the time. I was also having issues with seeing the server list and getting stuck logging in, haven't had any problems with that either so far.

I'll let you know if that changes but right now I give it a...

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss278/diamondclay/thumbsupkirk.jpg?t=1242105038

Rogean
06-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Well his fix wouldn't have any impact on the server list, and unlikely that it would have any affect on zoning or logging in. Just the random crashes that were happening while in zone.

Ripp
06-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Well his fix wouldn't have any impact on the server list, and unlikely that it would have any affect on zoning or logging in. Just the random crashes that were happening while in zone.

Ahh, well I dunno but something was fixed for me somehow. :D

Darula
06-04-2011, 09:20 AM
please remove dot nerf it didnt last long in live...

mropey
06-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Please fix procs and warrior aggro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rogues with non proccing weapons are stealing warrior aggro.. and maintaining it through out the fight ( yes... like.. w/o backstabbing it anymore from 70% ). This is turdtastic.

Atarius
07-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Hey i'm just coming back to p99 and loaded the files the way I used to. By dragging and dropping them in the appropriate files and replacing them etc... I also tried that EQ launcher linked in this thread and it still says my spells are out of date. Despite when I logged into the server it downloaded a spell file etc.