PDA

View Full Version : Monks in PvP?

alexandervaccaro
05-29-2011, 12:06 AM
Are they legit? What kinda resist checks does Intimidate work off? Keep it real-

Fourthmeal
05-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Just ask Kunckle...

bakkily
05-29-2011, 01:20 AM
possibly one of the best melee pvps

Pudge
05-29-2011, 12:53 PM
t-staff+disc means you ded

mend also nice to have

Amuk
05-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Yeah Tstaff most OP piece of shit fucken idea ever created.

fiegi
05-29-2011, 06:40 PM
the worstest pvp class in eq by far

Prince
05-29-2011, 06:44 PM
so says figgy

Doors
05-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Yeah they're viable, once they get full resist gear and a T-staff.

So for 1/4 of the time you'll probably spend playing a monk, they're viable. Enjoy getting pooped on by naked casters for the other 3/4 of the time you spend playing one.

Prince
05-29-2011, 07:02 PM
gonna laugh the first few times a p99er on a naked caster expecting to win ez gets roflstomped by a monk who has pumice

Prince
05-29-2011, 07:03 PM
jk will laugh every time

Salty
05-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Monks at lvl 50 old world are mean as shit.

1-40 they suck extremely bad

Envious
05-29-2011, 07:49 PM
gonna laugh the first few times a p99er on a naked caster expecting to win ez gets roflstomped by a monk who has pumice

Melee cant channel in classic, and non instant pumice means an ench / mage / necro will rape him. Shadowstep puts wiz in that group as well. Until the monk is well geared.

Monks at lvl 50 old world are mean as shit.

In vanilla EQ, on Tallon... I got Gylen (50) to about 10% and made him leave EC with my lvl 24 mage, by hiding in a fucking tree and chain summoning earth pets with DS.

I must be confused, did you play vanilla / classic EQ PvP?

mimixownzall
05-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Salty didn't play live PVP. So pretty much all his input is useless. Not being derrogetory, Salty, just that live PVP was WAY different than TZVZ.

But, yeah, even on live Tstaffs were insane.

fiegi
05-29-2011, 08:32 PM
ehehehe monks so bad only pros can play a monk well

JayDee
05-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Monks pretty terrible old world imo. One particular popular monk wouldnt duel my level 39 mage vztz 3.0. He was making stipulations like it being held in lower guk lolol.

In Kunark they became dangerous

Jigga
05-29-2011, 10:53 PM
In vanilla EQ, on Tallon... I got Gylen (50) to about 10% and made him leave EC with my lvl 24 mage, by hiding in a fucking tree and chain summoning earth pets with DS.

TZ had pvp range of 26? How long is a classic geared lvl 24 mage going to be able to chain summon an earth pet and cast ds on it.

Anyone else think this story is made up?

Salty
05-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Salty didn't play live PVP. So pretty much all his input is useless. Not being derrogetory, Salty, just that live PVP was WAY different than TZVZ.

But, yeah, even on live Tstaffs were insane.

You are dumb as shit.

General discussion related to the PvP Server.

EQlive is NOT eqemu.

Prince
05-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Melee cant channel in classic, and non instant pumice means an ench / mage / necro will rape him. Shadowstep puts wiz in that group as well. Until the monk is well geared.

u sure r dum

Prince
05-30-2011, 12:13 AM
and by dum what i mean is "bad at pvp"

Knuckle
05-30-2011, 02:22 AM
Just ask Kunckle...

wehrmacht
05-30-2011, 05:29 AM

Salty was Samlancer on SZ

mimixownzall
05-30-2011, 07:58 AM
You are dumb as shit.

EQlive is NOT eqemu.

Well, if it is kept classic and as close to live as possible in 2000, then it doesn't matter if it's 'eqemu.'

But, if Null fucks it all up and makes it TZVZ part 2, which I have the bad feeling he is, then all of your imput is valid and you can enjoy your population of 70 players.

Salty
05-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Well, if it is kept classic and as close to live as possible in 2000, then it doesn't matter if it's 'eqemu.'

Emulate - Strive to be equal

You are thinking that Eqemu is EQlive. Being somebody on EQlive DOES NOT make you someone on Eqemu, regardless of your skill.

For example, False from Pandemonium.

If you are somebody on Eqemu it is because you have experience in being a strong player on Eqemu.

Someone playing nothing but eqlive ever since 1999 every single day in pvp and jumping on Eqemu does not mean you are pro. Eqemu will always be "like" eqlive but it isn't the same thing and will never be regardless if the name has "classic" in it.

wehrmacht
05-30-2011, 04:58 PM
But, if Null fucks it all up and makes it TZVZ part 2, which I have the bad feeling he is, then all of your imput is valid and you can enjoy your population of 70 players.

Yea, most people are just not going to enjoy a server where the majority of PvP consists of 6 people in ventrillo walking around attacking solos and duos. That's basically all TZVZ was with an occasional 1vs1 or 30vs30 guild fight.

In real EQ, the solo or duo players would just run away from the ventrillo gank zerg but Null caters the resist system to them so they're rewarded for zerging with free kills as they all spam CC spells while the rest of group kills the perma immobile target.

Catering the game to ventrillo zergers who fight 6vs1 isn't a recipe for a successful server. Neither is forcing people to group to PvP. If people wanted forced grouping for PvP, they would probably just play DAoC instead. EQ's main strength was that you could walk around solo and not have to worry about imminent death for not being in a group.

For example, False from Pandemonium.

If you are somebody on Eqemu it is because you have experience in being a strong player on Eqemu.

Most TZ players are free kills so not the greatest of examples.

fiegi
05-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Yea, most people are just not going to enjoy a server where the majority of PvP consists of 6 people in ventrillo walking around attacking solos and duos. That's basically all TZVZ was with an occasional 1vs1 or 30vs30 guild fight.

In real EQ, the solo or duo players would just run away from the ventrillo gank zerg but Null caters the resist system to them so they're rewarded for zerging with free kills as they all spam CC spells while the rest of group kills the perma immobile target.

Catering the game to ventrillo zergers who fight 6vs1 isn't a recipe for a successful server. Neither is forcing people to group to PvP. If people wanted forced grouping for PvP, they would probably just play DAoC instead. EQ's main strength was that you could walk around solo and not have to worry about imminent death for not being in a group.

Most TZ players are free kills so not the greatest of examples.

I think you and Null could use a long candlelit dinner for you to express to him irl your laundry list of concerns about the new possible box.

Lasher
05-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Wehr this game just isnt for you anymore. Vent wasnt around early days of eq, i think eventualy roger wilco appeared but that was maybe around luclin. The new technology and interfaces and shit just has made this game into something you will not like anymore my friend. Even if null caters to your whines, there is just stuff that will be present that will make your vagina bleed. I hope the game becomes everything you want it to be but your endless list of cries just makes me think that its not going to happen. Either adapt or move on. A skilled pvper should be able to adapt and not only rely on shit he learned 11 years ago and flip out when he cant be a top iksar monk on a server were Evils are the flavor faction and QQ that SZ is the best server regardless of it shitting the bed after 6 months

wehrmacht
05-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Wehr this game just isnt for you anymore. Vent wasnt around early days of eq, i think eventualy roger wilco appeared but that was maybe around luclin. The new technology and interfaces and shit just has made this game into something you will not like anymore my friend.

That part is true, it's definitely annoying seeing people pretend that EQ is counterstrike. I still see no reason to cater the game to these people though since they are the minority.

The other problem is that Ventrillo ganking is the exact opposite of skill. You just /assist the MA then spam 111111111 while melees stand in one place hitting a perma-immobile target. That kind of PvP is a joke. Null and most Heresy seem to think everyone should play like this.

In real EQ, you can't assist train people (ie: 0 skill kills) since they would run out of range or behind a wall or something as soon as they noticed. TZVZ dumbed down PvP to the extreme and removes every bit of possible skill from the game.

Even if null caters to your whines, there is just stuff that will be present that will make your vagina bleed. I hope the game becomes everything you want it to be but your endless list of cries just makes me think that its not going to happen. Either adapt or move on.

It's more like since this is the P99 PvP server and not TZVZ, why do we have to deal with the exact same shit as TZVZ all over again? It was a dumbed down form of PvP inferior to EQ live.

JayDee
05-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Since you like it reflecting live so much, how bout making weapon damage accurate so that most melees will be maxxing for 50 dmg with a mithril 2hander at level fifty and missing a good portion of the time.

Lasher
05-30-2011, 07:50 PM
I have my preferences on how i would like the server but as my fantastic life coach Cface says " I play how ever it is". When i started on vztz shit was different than i was used to but i adapted because i realized its an emu server that had like 1 or 2 devs working on it. If Null was actually charging us money and trying to say his server was going to be the way we remembered live pvp than I would see the need to piss and moan over everything but we are not being required to give any money and Null hasnt promised us anything, at least i have not seen a promise.

The game has seen tons of nerfs and changes. Stuff like ventrilo, target rings, better internet connection. One huge reason it was so easy to get away was most people were on dial up and could hill bug to get away from anyone. Those who had a great internet connection were known because they could chase you alot easier and out zone you.

JayDee
05-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Youre just reminding me of how bad melees had it. No target rings and hill bugging. They were dog shit and I was never cautious of them until like Luclin where one hotkey could lay you out and they would resist all my shit even after Malo and Insidious Decay.

wehrmacht
05-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Since you like it reflecting live so much, how bout making weapon damage accurate so that most melees will be maxxing for 50 dmg with a mithril 2hander at level fifty and missing a good portion of the time.

Real damage:

Warrior with mithril 2h and 255str = (200+255)/100 x 21 + 8 = 103.55 max hit

Warrior with mithril 2h and 200str = = 92 max hit

Warrior with mithril 2h and 150str = = 81.5 max hit

JayDee
05-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Yeah, just like the equations I saw that were true to live for vztz too right.

I believe what I saw in the combat window, not what you tell me. And for the most part it was around 50-60 dmg (on a chain class) with a lot of misses inbetween.

JayDee
05-30-2011, 08:58 PM
And we are talking max damage, which was uncommon on live and all but assured on vztz every hit. AC also had like no affect on that shit server.

So compound that by the fact that melees were doing somewhere between double and triple the dmg they did on live. Dunno wtf you're complaining about.

wehrmacht
05-30-2011, 09:42 PM
I believe what I saw in the combat window, not what you tell me. And for the most part it was around 50-60 dmg (on a chain class) with a lot of misses inbetween.

Numbers I posted were max hit, not average hit.

Int caster AC softcap is something like 50-100ac and they have crap for return over cap so it's virtually impossible for them to mitigate much of anything. Majority of hits against them should be 3/5ths, 3/4ths, or max damage.

Druid softcap and return over cap is also extremely low.

Hitting a shaman you will do noticeably less damage than a druid but you'd still see something like an average hit of 70-75 against one with 255str. More AC just shifts your position down the (20 point?) DI table.

Badmartigan
05-31-2011, 08:13 PM

classic pumice is insta cast

Envious
06-01-2011, 12:14 AM
/duel? Running from a duel you could always say you had shit to do, but dying in one... not so much. Being able to shit talk people on other factions led to some interesting events.

Badmartigan, I think at some point a P99 dev hinted at no egg shaped pumice. But based on what they are doing with P99, there could be egg shaped for like 6 months or someshit.

As for people being badass on Live, and sucking at the EMU... as stated in a previous post, VZ/TZ was nothing like live. And ppl on Live, are prolly not the original owners anymore.

Either way, ppl like Salty / Wehr shouldnt even be posting in these threads.

fiegi
06-01-2011, 12:18 AM
This the badmartigan from the classic days of pvpin with ilsen? Or a later owner........

wehrmacht
06-01-2011, 12:53 AM
Either way, ppl like Salty / Wehr shouldnt even be posting in these threads.

Lol @ this.

An anonymous Pandemonium TZ player talking shit.

TZ vs SZ - the TZ player always loses, never fails.

Salty
06-01-2011, 02:04 AM
LOL Pandemonium.

Your players were worthless on vztz.

While I enjoy the company of False and Co. they couldn't get anything accomplished and cried when ALL their pals couldn't join Heresy.

Heresy killed Pandemonium before they could do anything noteworthy on an emu. I'd like to see them attempt to lead a guild again, should be funny.

Envious
06-01-2011, 04:50 PM
1. I was never in PDM~ (Altho I did help Deloth convince himself it was a good idea)
2. The players that forged PDM, prolly quit EQ 10 years ago? (Ninnu / Darlana is an exception)
3. I dunno if the False on TZ is the original False. And kinda find it hard to believe.
4. Why are people that have never played classic EQ PvP, commenting on classic EQ PvP?
5. PDM from Late Kunark to Velious, would have zero competition on any EMU. Its not even worth bringing up.

wehrmacht
06-01-2011, 05:20 PM
4. Why are people that have never played classic EQ PvP, commenting on classic EQ PvP?

EQ with 0 expansions open has no relevance on a server that's going up to Velious. SZ opened with Velious as the latest expansion so people that played during that time period would know exactly how things were.

5. PDM from Late Kunark to Velious, would have zero competition on any EMU. Its not even worth bringing up.

Me and Maverix beat Kamzan and Heck's Test of Tactics "dream team" with a cleric that didn't even speak english so lol @ that.

JayDee
06-01-2011, 05:45 PM
The average player on vztz would be amongst the best on live. Especially classic era where atleast 99% of the players had no idea what they were doing.

Envious
06-02-2011, 12:53 AM
Wehr, you beat Kamzan's team post Velious? Pretty sure his account was sold at that point... go go Saudi money. Also, I said PDM, not you + 1 other dueling 2 ppl. PDM had complete and total zone control everytime they raided. And, IIRC, during the Test of Tactics the PvP servers were so outmatched on gear it was amazing. You know, that whole, having to pvp thing?

And your argument for not knowing about classic, is that you started playing where this server ends? I fail to see the correlation between you playing in Velious and knowing about PvP during classic.

And JD, one of the guys you all herald as the VZ/TZ Legend, was super scrub on live. More evidence is look at what 1 person of Touch's caliber was able to do with 2 lackeys? I mean fuk... I'd get a huge thrill to see everyone from classic era TZ playing on the EMU. But it wont happen.

Fuk, Zaldar would rape 99% of the EMU crowd.

Prince
06-02-2011, 01:02 AM
just so u know i am p sure that no one other than jaydee regards jaydee as any sort of box legend

JayDee
06-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Edit that a few more times until it makes sense or has an iota of truth in it

Then get back to me

solid
06-02-2011, 01:32 AM
Edit that a few more times until it makes sense or has an iota of truth in it

Then get back to me

No he's right. You weren't shit.

JayDee
06-02-2011, 02:02 AM
And JD, one of the guys you all herald as the VZ/TZ Legend, was super scrub on live.

Nobody is disputing that.

When you're swimming in a small pool of sharks, you're gonna pick up shit and improve at a much quicker rate. It isn't that far fetched to believe that over time, it is only natural that a good deal of them will develop into seasoned vets.

No he's right. You weren't shit.

Undefeated against you with SS to prove it. What does that make you =(

JayDee
06-02-2011, 02:03 AM
Bending over backwards to shit on yourself there buddy

solid
06-02-2011, 03:12 AM
Undefeated against you with SS to prove it. What does that make you =(

I seem to only recall a cropped SS of 4 lines of text. That =/= proof. Need a full unedited SS for actual proof.

lethdar
06-03-2011, 01:08 AM
Check out my MQ cropped SS

Would your inability to post any non cropped SS have anything to do with your ban for macroquest on box 3.0 palski???