PDA

View Full Version : Assist Question

semirgj
04-29-2021, 01:58 PM
Getting back into EQ after some time and I have a question on the /assist function. Is there a way to create a macro to assist a group member outside of the /assist enterTheirName way? Some way to use the F1-F5 key set or similar and while I have your attention is there a way to target oneself with a /target me/self/etc generic method?

I’ve tried a few variants of each and failed. So I don’t know if this is me making up this functionality in the past, it being removed from 99, or something else.

Thanks.

UrkTheSlayer
04-29-2021, 03:47 PM
I think can reassign your macros from 1-6 to your f keys with alt+o.

Are you asking how to make macros because you’re shift+up entering /assist <main tank name>? There’s also %t if you didn’t know for target, so if you want to assist your target you can type /assist %t.

If you’re asking how to make macros: Here’s a primer:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo-UWJGo4Ig

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo-UWJGo4Ig

Here’s some more advanced stuff:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Macro

semirgj
04-29-2021, 04:27 PM
No i'm cool (I think) with how to make a macro, let me see if this makes more sense...

I'm grouped with Bob and Tom, and I want to assist Tom 'cause he's a meat shield. I'd put together my super cool bard social macro:

/stopsong
/assist TOM
/gsay assisting TOM with %T and mezzing any adds
/cast 5 (my mez song)

but then Tom leaves and we get Mike to be the new main assist. I have to open my macro above and change all the TOMs to MIKEs. Is there a more generic way I can write that so I don't have to edit it every time someone leaves the group?

Baler
04-29-2021, 05:25 PM
rule of thumb is to add a pause before commands in macros, The length depends on latency.
10 = 1s

/pause 2, /stopsong
/pause 2, /assist TOM
/pause 2, /gsay assisting TOM with %T and mezzing any adds
/cast 5

Also there is anti-spam on p99 so using any msg commands can sometimes get lost if fired too quickly. Feel free to try 1 instead of 2.

How this works is the macro Pauses for # but fires everything on that line (only 1 command can follow on P99) Then after the # paused it proceeds to the next line.

semirgj
04-29-2021, 05:37 PM
I thought the pauses had to be 10 per second? I’ve used /pause 30 or /pause 45 when trying to get multiple songs on a single button but gave that up to better manage 1 song per macro.

Baler
04-29-2021, 05:39 PM
/pause 1 = wait 100ms till proceeding to the next line
/pause 30 = wait 3 seconds till proceeding to the next line.

So if song in spell slot 1 takes 3.00 seconds to cast and song in spell slot 2 takes 4.00 seconds to cast

/pause 1, /stopsong
/pause 31, /cast 1
/pause 1, /stopsong
/cast 2

or

/pause 1, /stopsong
/pause 41, /cast 2
/pause 1, /stopsong
/cast 1

You can't fit more than 2 songs on a macro, on p99.
There is also no way to detect if you 'missed a note' via macro, it will fire through till complete.

Some people use single macros for each song
/pause 1, /stopsong
/cast #

and do that for 1-8, watching when they're donte casting manually.
Others slot the song/spell in the hotbar and just hit it twice, once to start the cast, wait manually and then hitting it again to stop the song.

BlackBellamy
04-29-2021, 06:54 PM
No i'm cool (I think) with how to make a macro, let me see if this makes more sense...

I'm grouped with Bob and Tom, and I want to assist Tom 'cause he's a meat shield. I'd put together my super cool bard social macro:

/stopsong
/assist TOM
/gsay assisting TOM with %T and mezzing any adds
/cast 5 (my mez song)

but then Tom leaves and we get Mike to be the new main assist. I have to open my macro above and change all the TOMs to MIKEs. Is there a more generic way I can write that so I don't have to edit it every time someone leaves the group?

You can set up a macro and target the MA and that can print "%T is my new assist" and then you can write a short script which will parse your log file backward for the first instance of "is my new assist" and store the character string prior to that in a variable, and then insert that variable into your characters .ini file right after the text "Page1Button1Line2=/assist ".

So...no.